Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Archived Slugging Topics > Hybrids
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Hybrid Owners  You took Over HOV now out web site?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedHybrid Owners You took Over HOV now out web site?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 15>
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote duckduffer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hybrid Owners You took Over HOV now out web site?
    Posted: 14 Feb 2006 at 8:10am
Not sure what the deal is? Why are so many Hybrid (selfish) owners here? This is for Sluggers and people who want to know more about slugging. Since a 99% of you do not want to use the slug alternative, why are you here?

I am not going to argue any of the MPG and the tax breaks for buying a Hybrid. Nor do I want to hear about the maintain ace costs! What I want to hear about is how you are really trying to take more cars off the roads. How can we as a society, work on getting out of this transportation mess we are in. Somehow saying single Passenger Hybrids is the answer does not stand merits. I only create more problems.

What happens during the summer months when the temp is 95+, you are going to turn on the A/C, what happens then to your gas mileage you so righteously tout? Ever think about how much energy your satellite radio and cell phone charger take away from the batteries? Maybe not a lot, maybe a lot I really do not know or care. What I care about is you trying to take over HOV-3 and making my commute longer.

Get your own damn website and live your fantasy there. Do not come here and tout your fantasy to us, who stand in the cold lines waiting for people who care about the transportation issues. The 1% of you hybrid owners who come pick up slugs or carpool, I say Thank you for caring and not being selfish.
SillyBilly View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SillyBilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2006 at 8:58am
YEAH! gET OUT OF HERE YOU CRACK HEAD HYBRID OWNERS![:(!]
TROLL View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TROLL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2006 at 9:02am
It'd be nice if the hybrid owners would help with commuting. If gas mileage is really a plus on hybrids, what's the problem with taking a couple of passengers going the same way?
When I'm riding in a car that struggles to make it up to 55 mph and I see a single driver in a hybrid, I think: why couldn't that guy have given us a ride in that hybrid that is going the same way?
Selfishness.........[:(]
duckduffer View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote duckduffer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2006 at 9:34am
Sorry about the spelling.. guess I look like a crackhead myself.. Have to calm down when I write these posts!!
SillyBilly View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SillyBilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2006 at 11:24am
It's the crackheads fault! those hybrid owners are creating confusion!
NoSUV View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NoSUV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2006 at 12:47pm
duckduffer - the reason I post on here is because this site was used as a source for Washington Post articles. I know most slugs prefer EVERYONE to agree with them and do whatever they can to squash dissenting views, but at least reporters can see that not everyone agrees with free loading, selfish (I got mine, screw everyone else), unwilling to use public transportation, non-environmentally aware persons.
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote duckduffer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2006 at 1:07pm
quote:
Originally posted by NoSUV
[br]duckduffer - the reason I post on here is because this site was used as a source for Washington Post articles. I know most slugs prefer EVERYONE to agree with them and do whatever they can to squash dissenting views, but at least reporters can see that not everyone agrees with free loading, selfish (I got mine, screw everyone else), unwilling to use public transportation, non-environmentally aware persons.

And just who do you think you are to judge me like that? The Slug process is a something that both benefits the drivers and slugs. People need to drive and people need a ride. Not all of us can afford 300-400 a month for Mass Transit. When I drive I pick up slugs, when I do not drive I slug. If you don’t like the process, don’t come here and bash it, okay!

And just what Wash Post article are you talking about? Are you too selfish to go spend your 35 cents and pay for the Post.. Screw us and get your information for free?

Ever comment I have read has bashed me and I frankly am sick of you. Please take your rude comments and go create your own web site!

How do you commute to work?
N_or_S_bound View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote N_or_S_bound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2006 at 1:15pm
NoSUV drives a hybrid on his way to the car dealership where he sells overpriced hybrids to "selfish (I got mine, screw everyone else), unwilling to use public transportation, non-environmentally aware persons."

He sold me mine so I could SOV up/down the HOV lanes.

NoSb

SOV because you can, HOV because you care!
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote duckduffer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2006 at 6:55pm
quote:
Originally posted by N_or_S_bound
[br]NoSUV drives a hybrid on his way to the car dealership where he sells overpriced hybrids to "selfish (I got mine, screw everyone else), unwilling to use public transportation, non-environmentally aware persons."

He sold me mine so I could SOV up/down the HOV lanes.

NoSb

SOV because you can, HOV because you care!

So why doesn't Mr. Everyone Use Mass Transportation using FRED to get to work? Afraid he might have to stand out in cold and wait for FRED to pick him up?
Like to know if NoSUV is brave enough to state what Car Dealership he works at?
NoSUV View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NoSUV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2006 at 10:08am
I don't work for a car dealership = never have. Check my previous posts and I state quite clearly that I purchased my hybrid before accepting a position in this region.

NoSB is unwilling to help solve environmental problems today, in terms of global warming, pollution, and fuel consumption by buying something that is better - waiting instead for the "perfect" solution. And in the meantime, bashing anyone who does try to make a difference. NoSB would have more credibility if non-commuting miles were environmentally sound - in my hybrid, ALL my miles pollute less and use less fuel. How many annual miles are you putting on your gas guzzler that are not with a car pool?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 15>
  Share Topic