Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Archived Slugging Topics > Hybrids
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Hybrids in HOV
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedHybrids in HOV

 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Message
Cool Slugger View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug


Joined: 26 Oct 2003
Location: VA
Status: Offline
Points: 0
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cool Slugger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hybrids in HOV
    Posted: 26 Oct 2003 at 11:23am
Hello everyone. As a new member but a very long time slugger, I would like to add my two cents to the hybrid issue in the HOV lanes. Originally the HOV lanes were set at HOV4. Then Congress got involved and put a rider on a piece of legislation, without a lot of us citizens aware, that changed it to HOV3 as a TEST. But as everyone knows in this town, the test became reality and HOV4 was changed to HOV3. Over the years I have seen the HOV lanes gradually increase in traffic, but manageable. Motorcylces were added which has added some danger since they tend to zip in and out and speed. Now we have to contend with the Hybrid cars and they are definitely part of the cause of the increased congestion in the HOV lanes. The other 2 reasons are an increase in legitimate carpools and a lot of "cheaters". I agree with many other writers that the HOV lanes were created to relieve congestion -- to get the cars off the road (parked somewhere) which in turn has the added benefit of less air polution. Hybrids are just adding to the congestion, period. I want them out of the HOV lanes.
Cool Slugger
Back to Top
GeeseAreGood View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug


Joined: 25 Oct 2003
Status: Offline
Points: 0
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GeeseAreGood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2003 at 2:01pm
First off, just let me say that I think the admin is a Nazi and does not like Geese.

I agree the Hybirds are crowding up the place, but they were told that they could use HOV and bought them because of that, but there is a time limit. If we let them on, then they should be allowed to continue, even pass the limit, but perhaps there could be a grandfather rule.

Note that the rule isn't if you have a hybird, but rather one of those CF thingis on your license plate.

I would rather not have a CF on my license plate, because in another internet group I belong to, CF stand for "CFag" as in Fag (like a homosexual).




quote:
Originally posted by Cool Slugger
[br]Hello everyone. As a new member but a very long time slugger, I would like to add my two cents to the hybrid issue in the HOV lanes. Originally the HOV lanes were set at HOV4. Then Congress got involved and put a rider on a piece of legislation, without a lot of us citizens aware, that changed it to HOV3 as a TEST. But as everyone knows in this town, the test became reality and HOV4 was changed to HOV3. Over the years I have seen the HOV lanes gradually increase in traffic, but manageable. Motorcylces were added which has added some danger since they tend to zip in and out and speed. Now we have to contend with the Hybrid cars and they are definitely part of the cause of the increased congestion in the HOV lanes. The other 2 reasons are an increase in legitimate carpools and a lot of "cheaters". I agree with many other writers that the HOV lanes were created to relieve congestion -- to get the cars off the road (parked somewhere) which in turn has the added benefit of less air polution. Hybrids are just adding to the congestion, period. I want them out of the HOV lanes.
Cool Slugger

Back to Top
C. Lam View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug


Joined: 26 Oct 2003
Location: VA
Status: Offline
Points: 0
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote C. Lam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2003 at 5:04pm
So if you put a CF on your plate the goose is cooked ?
I use to have a VIP on my plate until the P wore off.
Now I have to ride around town being known just as a VI.
Back to Top
mirangus View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug


Joined: 28 Aug 2002
Location: VA
Status: Offline
Points: 0
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mirangus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2003 at 7:28am
quote:
Originally posted by GeeseAreGood
[br]First off, just let me say that I think the admin is a Nazi and does not like Geese.

I agree the Hybirds are crowding up the place, but they were told that they could use HOV and bought them because of that, but there is a time limit. If we let them on, then they should be allowed to continue, even pass the limit, but perhaps there could be a grandfather rule.

Note that the rule isn't if you have a hybird, but rather one of those CF thingis on your license plate.

I would rather not have a CF on my license plate, because in another internet group I belong to, CF stand for "CFag" as in Fag (like a homosexual).


First of all, CF means "clean fuel." I cannot honestly say that seeing a clean fuel plate ever made me question one's sexual identity. Perhaps you should take a hard look at where you spend your time on the internet.

Secondly: Yes, this is a public forum, for everyone to voice their opinions, and yes, public does mean everybody. So here's my two cents. I must say (and I do not say this lightly), you are a Moron. Capital 'M' Moron. This forum is for people who are truly concerned with helping or learning about the slug system. You do neither. You waste our time with your B.S. posts and your pathetic, obviously small-minded opinions. The site administrator is by no means a Nazi and I, for one, applaud him for deleting your crap.

So go ahead...we all know what's coming up next. Now you can boost your posting rating with 50 of your idiotic posts trying to tell us why you're not a Moron.

Grow up.
Back to Top
sancochojoe View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug


Joined: 21 Oct 2003
Status: Offline
Points: 0
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sancochojoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2003 at 8:05am
I disagree with you all blaming Hybrids. I don't have a a hybrid, but they are not the reason for over congestion on HOV.
This is a continual attempt to blame a small few for congestion
on the HOV's. I've heard it all.
Hybrids
motorcycles
Police officers commuting to work
Parents with children (argument is only workers should use HOV

I wonder who will be next.

Has anybody ever thought that the congestion is due
to more people moving furture away from DC into places
like Fredricksburg, stafford, etc, due to over inflated house
prices which may be
causing the HOV numbers to rise.

Back to Top
RW View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug


Joined: 25 Mar 2002
Location: VA
Status: Offline
Points: 0
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2003 at 8:35am
quote:
Originally posted by sancochojoe
[br]I disagree with you all blaming Hybrids. I don't have a a hybrid, but they are not the reason for over congestion on HOV.
This is a continual attempt to blame a small few for congestion
on the HOV's. I've heard it all.
Hybrids
motorcycles
Police officers commuting to work
Parents with children (argument is only workers should use HOV

I wonder who will be next.

Has anybody ever thought that the congestion is due
to more people moving furture away from DC into places
like Fredricksburg, stafford, etc, due to over inflated house
prices which may be
causing the HOV numbers to rise.





I believe the focus is on the future. Now hybrids are not a big problem, however in 10 years when every other car is a hybrid, it will be a problem. It's plain and simple. HOV is designed to take cars off the road. Allowing hybrids on HOV does not do that. Maybe we should allow all green cars on HOV or if your car only holds two people, then we should allow those as well. The rule needs to stay consistent, high occupancy vehicles are to ease congestion on the highway by reducing the number of cars on the road. This will particularly apply in the future as more and more people are moving south. Just my opinion.

rw
Back to Top
sancochojoe View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug


Joined: 21 Oct 2003
Status: Offline
Points: 0
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sancochojoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2003 at 8:43am
Well that is why they gave Hybrids a time limit on the HOV of 2006 because they see the potential numbers increasing. They initially set it at 2004 and saw the numbers are not there whatever they may be, but I'm sure they have that in mind. But until the gas prices make purchasing SUV's or other vehicles that drink gas like water and make them impractical, the numbers of hybrids will continue to be low and they may continue to be HOV qualified.
Back to Top
JiggaJynx View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug


Joined: 01 Aug 2003
Location: VA
Status: Offline
Points: 0
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JiggaJynx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2003 at 9:14am
quote:
Originally posted by mirangus
[br]
quote:
Originally posted by GeeseAreGood
[br]First off, just let me say that I think the admin is a Nazi and does not like Geese....


...So go ahead...we all know what's coming up next. Now you can boost your posting rating with 50 of your idiotic posts trying to tell us why you're not a Moron.
Grow up.



Mirangus, thanks for saying what needed to be said. Admin does a great job keeping this forum on track and WITHOUT annoying ads.
Back to Top
tdar20 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug


Joined: 29 Jul 2002
Location: va
Status: Offline
Points: 0
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tdar20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2003 at 12:36pm
Well Put Mirangus.......Geese your wasting valuable time and space.
Back to Top
GeeseAreGood View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug


Joined: 25 Oct 2003
Status: Offline
Points: 0
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GeeseAreGood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2003 at 12:37pm
Poor Geese, poor poor Geese; but they are so good.


quote:
Originally posted by tdar20
[br]Well Put Mirangus.......Geese your wasting valuable time and space.

Back to Top
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic   

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.10
Copyright ©2001-2017 Web Wiz Ltd.

This page was generated in 0.063 seconds.