Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Archived Slugging Topics > Hybrids
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedHybrids in HOV

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote C. Lam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2003 at 7:38pm
Exactly what kind of geese to you raise ?
I already know that they are good geese,
but what are thier roots. Canadian maybe ?
rufustfirefly View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rufustfirefly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2003 at 1:55pm
hybrid geese? what did i miss?
GeeseAreGood View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GeeseAreGood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2003 at 4:59pm
These are Hybird Geese, not hybrids.

They are mostly white domestic Geese. Embens and Chinas, and a few crossed. The King of the lot is named Jack!
MDC View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MDC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2003 at 10:01pm
Why do wild geese like horse farms so much? They do a good job eating the horse manure, but why do they do that?
Koolbus View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Koolbus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2003 at 5:19pm
I blame the SUV as the main problem with traffic. They should be banned from the highway for the hours of 8 to 6. Don't be grumpy at the tree hugger that rides a green machine, or the biker, blame that big ride you and all of your friends and neighbors SUV. Take the bus.

Take a ride on the Kool Bus.
mirangus View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mirangus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2003 at 8:57am
quote:
Originally posted by Koolbus
[br]I blame the SUV as the main problem with traffic. They should be banned from the highway for the hours of 8 to 6. Don't be grumpy at the tree hugger that rides a green machine, or the biker, blame that big ride you and all of your friends and neighbors SUV. Take the bus.

Take a ride on the Kool Bus.

Koolbus-I see your point, but another way I look at it is this: My SUV carries anywhere from 4-6 passengers per day and those are people that have parked their SUVs at the commuter lot and decided to slug. Plus mine actually gets used to haul things in the line of work. So, there is actually some good that can come out of owning an SUV (depending on what you use it for).
suchaladie View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote suchaladie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2003 at 12:46pm
I agree with your assessment. Sancochojoe you have nailed this one that is the only logical answer to the traffic problem. Therefore, my question to you is what is some suggestion to deal with the traffic problem. [?]

I disagree with you all blaming Hybrids. I don't have a a hybrid, but they are not the reason for over congestion on HOV.
This is a continual attempt to blame a small few for congestion
on the HOV's. I've heard it all.
Hybrids
motorcycles
Police officers commuting to work
Parents with children (argument is only workers should use HOV

I wonder who will be next.

Has anybody ever thought that the congestion is due
to more people moving furture away from DC into places
like Fredricksburg, stafford, etc, due to over inflated house
prices which may be
causing the HOV numbers to rise.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Edited by - sancochojoe on 27 Oct 2003 08:07:31
sancochojoe View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sancochojoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2003 at 11:18am
not much can be done with the actual HOV lanes. Exits 143 to 126 should have planned for larger traffic due to the increase population moving from the city to country. Instead of road planning that should have included other options going south besides route 1, profit was chosen instead and they chose to build strip mall and shopping centers right off the exits which has caused unbelievable traffic jams. Some exits eat up the whole right lane of 95 for a quarter mile which slows down the flow of traffic in the other lanes. They should create exits that exit straight into the HOV lots.

There are many "indirect" changes that could be made to help the flow of the HOV Lanes, but I beleive many of the planners and decision makers live within the beltway or Richmond and have no clue.

But nooooo. They preferred Shoppers, and Best buy right at the stinking exits. amazing.
tri2dc View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tri2dc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2004 at 10:45am
Hybrid are cheaters, just legalized cheaters
adjguy View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adjguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2004 at 9:44pm
Can we give up on the hybrid debate?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic