Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Lorton Smell

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Lorton Smell
    Posted: 12 Aug 2005 at 6:09am
Ive been slugging from Horner for several years now. Whats that nasty smell when driving just south of Lorton anyway. It never fails if there are new slugs in the car or a new driver, the looks at each other in the car are hilarious. Boy, I wish I could buy one of those $700,000 homes in that area so I could wake up to that fresh aroma every morning!
sluDgE View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sluDgE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2005 at 6:37am
... the Fairfax County landfill off Furnace Rd???? [?]
Baz, the smeller's the feller! [:p]

Keep on sluggin'! [:)]
mariam0673 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mariam0673 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2005 at 10:01am
isn't there a water treatment plant just off rt. 1 in Lorton???
Wagonman View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wagonman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2005 at 2:25pm
quote:
Originally posted by mariam0673
[br]isn't there a water treatment plant just off rt. 1 in Lorton???

The sewer plant isn't usually very smelly. Maybe if you are right near it on route 1, but not all the way to I95.

I agree with Baz about the $700,000 plus houses withing a stones throw of the landfill. I think the developement is Lorton Valley and there is soon to be another. The townhouses start in the high $600s! You get the smell of the landfill and you are downwind of the incinerator!
lvalleburke View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lvalleburke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2005 at 3:58pm
Yup it's the Polution Plant off of Rt.1 same time same place different day.
avalanche22 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote avalanche22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2005 at 3:04pm
I was wondering what the hell that smell was. I only drive into work maybe twice a week and each afternoon I pick up sluggs. I thought it was one of them. I was going to question one person one day because she kept looking at me like I did it.
WBSlug7 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WBSlug7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2005 at 8:32am
I always thought it was the water treatment plant in Lorton creating that smell. I didn't even know that there was a landfill nearby. I can't imagine living in Lorton, it's always smelly. Yesterday I smelled the same stench coming near the Occoquan, which was weird.

Forget Horner Rd, use Potomac Mills!
N_or_S_bound View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote N_or_S_bound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2005 at 8:33am
They've got to put our trash somewhere, eh?

NoSb

SOV because you can, HOV because you care!
lvalleburke View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lvalleburke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2005 at 9:50am
It's worse if you live near the Woodrow Wilson Bridge near Rt. 1, that's where the Poo Poo Plant lives and man it's worse then the Polution Plant off Rt. 1.
mariam0673 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mariam0673 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2005 at 10:05am
and what about the water treatment plant at glebe rd. and rt.1....yuck!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic