Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

LOUD OFFENSIVE MUSIC!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marlyP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: LOUD OFFENSIVE MUSIC!!!
    Posted: 16 Apr 2011 at 8:32am
VEHICLE TO WATCH OUT FOR: {RT 17 Stafford; TAG # VA xrf-7336 Toyota SUV; light grey or bluish, w/large crack along driver side of windshield; african-american woman appeared to be late 20's/mid-thirties; short and pretty heavy in size; well, I'll be honest, she was a little OBESE.

I had a very unpleasant experience Friday (15th) morning when I boarded this young woman's vehicle at RT. 17 (Stafford). There was already a guy in the back seat. No sooner as I got in, and before we even got out the parking lot she clicks on the CD, volume already set LOUDLY and out blast this sensually provocative R&B song. NEVER ONCE ASKED US: "Does my music bother you all?", "is it too loud?" SHE HAD ABSOLUTELY NO REGARD FOR THE PASSENGERS IN HER VEHICLE! It was like she was possessed and in her own zone! I was prepared to get out but she zoomed out the parking lot onto the road so fast she really didn't give us a choice. I gave her a look and even asked her 10 minutes into the ride, "would you mind just turning the volume down a little?" She smacked her lips and appeared to be annoyed and tapped the button lightly, not really making a difference. The succession of OFFENSIVE songs continued: Lady GaGa, Jay-Z, some other Pop/R&B songs I didn't recognize. I couldn't believe it! The guy in the back wasn't saying anything. He was probably thinking, "hey, I'll deal with it' I'm just trying to get to work." NO! IT'S NOT ACCEPTABLE!

Once we got to the Pentagon -- the guy was headed to Crystal City -- I quietly got out and stood directly in front of her vehicle and wrote down her tag number. She shouted something out the window but I acted like I didn't even hear it and proceeded to walk away.

In closing: FOR THOSE DRIVERS WHO ENJOY LISTENING TO THEIR LOUD, NASTY, OBNOXIOUS MUSIC, THAT'S YOUR PREROGATIVE! BUT DO IT ON YOUR OWN TIME!!!! DON'T PICK UP SLUGGERS IF YOU'RE NOT GOING TO EXTEND COURTESY AND RESPECT TO AT LEAST ASK, "DOES MY MUSIC/VOLUME BOTHER YOU?" GIVE THE SLUGGER THE OPTION OF STAYING OR EXITING YOUR VEHICLE. THANK YOU.
NO44 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NO44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2011 at 8:20am
quote:
Originally posted by marlyP

VEHICLE TO WATCH OUT FOR: {RT 17 Stafford; TAG # VA xrf-7336 Toyota SUV; light grey or bluish, w/large crack along driver side of windshield; african-american woman appeared to be late 20's/mid-thirties; short and pretty heavy in size; well, I'll be honest, she was a little OBESE.

I had a very unpleasant experience Friday (15th) morning when I boarded this young woman's vehicle at RT. 17 (Stafford). There was already a guy in the back seat. No sooner as I got in, and before we even got out the parking lot she clicks on the CD, volume already set LOUDLY and out blast this sensually provocative R&B song. NEVER ONCE ASKED US: "Does my music bother you all?", "is it too loud?" SHE HAD ABSOLUTELY NO REGARD FOR THE PASSENGERS IN HER VEHICLE! It was like she was possessed and in her own zone! I was prepared to get out but she zoomed out the parking lot onto the road so fast she really didn't give us a choice. I gave her a look and even asked her 10 minutes into the ride, "would you mind just turning the volume down a little?" She smacked her lips and appeared to be annoyed and tapped the button lightly, not really making a difference. The succession of OFFENSIVE songs continued: Lady GaGa, Jay-Z, some other Pop/R&B songs I didn't recognize. I couldn't believe it! The guy in the back wasn't saying anything. He was probably thinking, "hey, I'll deal with it' I'm just trying to get to work." NO! IT'S NOT ACCEPTABLE!

Once we got to the Pentagon -- the guy was headed to Crystal City -- I quietly got out and stood directly in front of her vehicle and wrote down her tag number. She shouted something out the window but I acted like I didn't even hear it and proceeded to walk away.

In closing: FOR THOSE DRIVERS WHO ENJOY LISTENING TO THEIR LOUD, NASTY, OBNOXIOUS MUSIC, THAT'S YOUR PREROGATIVE! BUT DO IT ON YOUR OWN TIME!!!! DON'T PICK UP SLUGGERS IF YOU'RE NOT GOING TO EXTEND COURTESY AND RESPECT TO AT LEAST ASK, "DOES MY MUSIC/VOLUME BOTHER YOU?" GIVE THE SLUGGER THE OPTION OF STAYING OR EXITING YOUR VEHICLE. THANK YOU.

How is Jay-Z offensive? I have every album and I am really trying to recall an offensive track... maybe you could be more specific? And was it the radio?

Nic
sluggie View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sluggie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2011 at 8:40am
Marly - Bring your iPod when you're slugging. If you don't like the driver's music selection, you don't have to listen to it. As gas prices approach $4/gallon, as long as they're a safe driver, which is really the only thing that matters to me, I'll gladly go with the "inconvenience" of having to listen to music I don't care for.
mpatoka View Drop Down
Junior Slug
Junior Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mpatoka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2011 at 9:41am
That's why I carry a pair of foam earplugs. I've ridden in the back seat with loud speakers pounding right behind my head and the driver was clueless/didn't care. They do help a little.
marlyP View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marlyP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2011 at 10:37am
quote:
Originally posted by NO44

quote:

How is Jay-Z offensive? I have every album and I am really trying to recall an offensive track... maybe you could be more specific? And was it the radio?

Nic

No, it wasn't the radio it was her CD player. The MAIN problem was the volume!!!! It was RUDE no matter how you look at it! All I'm saying is have the courtesy to atleast ask your riders. Give folks an option. Yes, sluggers want a free ride and the DRIVERS want the benefit of HOV. WE ALL BENEFIT FROM EACH OTHER, eh?

To address your question: Jay-Z's lyrics is very offesive! Are you kidding me?!? And aside from that, he along with half the rap/entertainment industry are DEVIL WORSHIPPERS. DO YOUR RESEARCH YOUNG MAN. Unless you've sold your SOUL TO THE DEVIL AS WELL! HMMM.....

MARLYP
NO44 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NO44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2011 at 10:49am
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by NO44

quote:

Nic

No, it wasn't the radio it was her CD player. The MAIN problem was the volume!!!! It was RUDE no matter how you look at it! All I'm saying is have the courtesy to atleast ask your riders. Give folks an option. Yes, sluggers want a free ride and the DRIVERS want the benefit of HOV. WE ALL BENEFIT FROM EACH OTHER, eh?

To address your question: Jay-Z's lyrics is very offesive! Are you kidding me?!? And aside from that, he along with half the rap/entertainment industry are DEVIL WORSHIPPERS. DO YOUR RESEARCH YOUNG MAN. Unless you've sold your SOUL TO THE DEVIL AS WELL! HMMM.....

MARLYP

Wow. A. I am not a young man. I am a 32 year old Christian woman.
B. Rap/entertainment industry equates to devil worshipping? You really cannot be THAT ignorant

Let me clue you in.
Here are some Jay Z quotes and how they correlate to life.

How you get so fly? From not being afraid to fall out the sky

from Beach Chair, Kingdom Come

Insight: The only way to overcome fear is to face it.

Im not a businessman. Im a businessmaaaannn

from Diamonds Are Forever Remix

Insight: Like businesses, individuals need visions, strategies, partnerships, positioning, constant evaluation and accountability, etc. See The C.E.O. of You.

Remind yourself. Nobody built like you, you design yourself

from A Dream, Blueprint 2

Insight: We are fully responsible for our being. We are co-creators (with God) of our lives and can be whoever we choose to be.

Im not afraid of dying. Im afraid of not trying

from Beach Chair, Kingdom Come

Insight: Failure is underrated. To not try is worse than failing.

Im far from God, but I work god damn hard

from Breath Easy, The Blueprint

Insight: To create like the Creator takes hard work.

I spring train in the winter, around early December

from Breath Easy, The Blueprint

Insight: He who practices the most is most prepared to win.

If I dont show the world growth, how are we going to grow?

December 2007 XXL Interview

Insight: Things that stagnate dont last long.

I love that because thats what Im supposed to be doing whether its accepted by everybody or not. Im supposed to be pushing that envelope and trying new things. And people are supposed to say, Hov, you might have went too far.

December 2007 XXL Interview

Insight: If people arent looking at you funny, then youre not pushing the envelope.

Im a person that works off of music. I let the music dictate the direction.

Insight: Let the creative energy guide you. Dont dictate too much.

Treat my first like my last and the last like my first and my thirst is the same as- when I came.

from My 1st Song, The Black Album

I will not lose for even in defeat, theres a valuable lesson learned so it evens up for me.

from Blueprint 2, The Blueprint 2

what tomorrow has in store we could never be sure so all we can do is pray

from Pray, American Gangster

I cant base what Im gon be off what everybody isnt

from So Ambitious, Blueprint 3

If yall cant already see i aint worried about yall cos im already me

from Already Home, Blueprint 3

im talking about progress i aint looking back,

you know i run track, try not to get lapped,

people talking about Hov left em flat,

trying to rewrite history lets talk about that

from What We Talkin About, Blueprint 3

Lots of devil worshipping there huh?

Nic
slug123456789 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slug123456789 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2011 at 10:50am
I really hate it when a driver's music/radio is too loud. It is annoying and depending on how loud, it can really hurt the ear. I'm not going to talk about the offensive nature of the music (don't listen to that type so can't speak about it) but no matter what is playing, when it is so loud that you can feel it, that is toooo loud!!!! I do the best I can to ignore it and have not had it be so loud I couldn't stand it for 20 minutes to/from work.

As for those who say bring your iPod - are you volunteering to buy me one? Don't own one, don't plan to. If people keep giving that as another option to the driver's loud radio, I am going to scream!!! THAT IS NOT THE ANSWER PEOPLE!!!! The driver should show common courtesy and not have the radio screaming loud!!!!! It is called decency, courtesy, empathy!!! The treat others as you wish to be treated, rule. Look those words up if you don't understand.

If a driver plans to have their radio very loud, the least they could do is warn the slugs and give them an option to get out! OR, they can driver alone in the regular lanes. It is not the slugs job to just sit there and take abuse from the driver
marlyP View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marlyP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2011 at 10:52am
quote:
Originally posted by mpatoka

That's why I carry a pair of foam earplugs. I've ridden in the back seat with loud speakers pounding right behind my head and the driver was clueless/didn't care. They do help a little.

mpatoka - That's the problem. You should not have had to endure loud speakers pounding in your ear; you should've said something. There's no earplug thick enough to drown that type of noise! We(riders) feel that we have to remain quiet and remain at their mercy. I beg to differ! As I mentioned in my previous reply: We benefit from each other. If drivers are that pompous and arrogant, then take the trip on the HOV solo and see how long you get away with it.
marlyP View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marlyP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2011 at 11:07am
quote:
Originally posted by slug123456789

I really hate it when a driver's music/radio is too loud. It is annoying and depending on how loud, it can really hurt the ear. I'm not going to talk about the offensive nature of the music (don't listen to that type so can't speak about it) but no matter what is playing, when it is so loud that you can feel it, that is toooo loud!!!! I do the best I can to ignore it and have not had it be so loud I couldn't stand it for 20 minutes to/from work.

As for those who say bring your iPod - are you volunteering to buy me one? Don't own one, don't plan to. If people keep giving that as another option to the driver's loud radio, I am going to scream!!! THAT IS NOT THE ANSWER PEOPLE!!!! The driver should show common courtesy and not have the radio screaming loud!!!!! It is called decency, courtesy, empathy!!! The treat others as you wish to be treated, rule. Look those words up if you don't understand.

If a driver plans to have their radio very loud, the least they could do is warn the slugs and give them an option to get out! OR, they can driver alone in the regular lanes. It is not the slugs job to just sit there and take abuse from the driver

CAN I GET AN AMEN ANYONE ELSE!! MY SENTAMENTS EXACTLY!

MARLYP
NO44 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NO44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2011 at 11:12am
CAN I GET AN AMEN ANYONE ELSE!! MY SENTAMENTS EXACTLY!

MARLYP

You're an awesome speller.

Nic
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic