Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Now is the time to write Richmond

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NoSUV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2006 at 9:15am
quote:
Originally posted by Bob
[br]Concerned about hybrid and HOT!

The VA legislative session starts in January. NOW is the time to write.

Below is the site for communicating with your state delegate or senator. The website both determines who your representatives are (you provide your address) and provides a text box for your message. You may need to use Internet Explorer to have it work.

Promote HIGH OCCUPANCY commuting. NO HOT on 95. And end the snobbish, damaging, and unfair hybrid exemption.

http://conview.state.va.us/whosmy.nsf/main?openform

Thanks, Bob. I sent my input to both explaining that the best way to balance the congestion until HOT comes along is to extend the exemption - and used emails I received from every candidate in the last election to whom I wrote (all supported its extention). Shoot, even Dr. Gridlock is onboard with the hybrid exemption - seems you and other hybrid haters are in the minority.
N_or_S_bound View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote N_or_S_bound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2006 at 12:39pm
NoSUV,

"seems you and other hybrid haters are in the minority".

Seems a fairly presumptuous statement to make.

First, it's not about the technology or even those driving them. It is about the exemption--that's what people dislike.

How does one draw the conclusion that it is a minority that "hates" hybrids (e.g. the exemption)?

If we could get the stats on just how many ride the HOV in a compliant state (without exemptions), we could make a much more factually accurate statement. Ask THAT majority number the question about extending the exemption(s). I presume here that the majority is those who choose to share the ride.

Ask bus riders if exemptions achieve overall good for commuting. Ask carpoolers, vanpooler, slugs or drivers the same.

The exemption existed (presumably) to achieve a change in buying behaviors in order to promote a new technology (I say they were a political payoff by car manufacturers and do little-no good to attain what you preach). This occured at the expense of a great number (probably) of people and provided relatively little benefit to the greatest number of people. Other incentives existed and others exist to promote the technology. The exemption is not necessarily contributory to the greater good (don't forget hybrids do their best work on battery power which occurs in stop and go traffic which exists in the main lanes).

HOV rules and restrictions also attempt to change behaviors. Commuting behaviors. HOV-4 (without exemptions) would go along way further toward achieving that aim.

Want to balance the main lanes with the HOV? Pick up riders or form a carpool to REDUCE the mainlane traffic in an HOV-4 environment.

Oh, were it about reducing emissions, we'd already be driving true ALTERNATIVE fuel vehicles.

So many disconnects with your logic, so little time.

NoSb

SOV because you can, HOV because you care!
NoSUV View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NoSUV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2006 at 3:14pm
Already got a response back from my delegate, David Bullova:
"Thank you for your concern regarding hybrid vehicles and HOV access. I agree that it is important to encourage clean fuel vehicles and I support extending the HOV exemption"
Still have yet to hear from a single elected official opposing extending the exemption.

Have to wonder, NoSB, if it's YOU with the logic disconnects.
TROLL View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TROLL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2006 at 3:45pm
Hey Kevin,
Any comment on this?

I am getting worried now.

I want to make sure before I order.

Thanks,
John

Posted by Max Dissipation (A) on December 07, 2005 at 01:33:09
In Reply to: Re: Sounds reasonable to me (nt) posted by Tungsten Thumper on December 2, 2005 at 09:41:06:

Hi John
Well, this is how I understand it, but maybe I am wrong:
If you are talking about SE operation, 1250VDC with 430VRMS AC, then the plate voltage will swing between 1250 + 430 * SQRT(2) and 1250 - 430 * SQRT(2)

Or

1858 V maximum
642 V minimum

With no signal, the plate voltage will be 1250V
As you increase the signal amplitude the voltage will swing above and below the DC level. This is possible because the transformer stores and releases energy in the form of magnetic flux.

The 1858 is above the winding to core isolation, but I don't know if that's a problem.

Kevin, could you clarify? Am I talking rubbish?
MDC View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MDC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2006 at 4:21pm
NoSUV,
Did you know the word "gullible" is not in the dictionary? Politicians told you...
N_or_S_bound View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote N_or_S_bound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2006 at 3:06pm
nah, pretty sure my logic is intact and sound. In fact on very solid footing.

You would trust a politico? I don't and won't unless I know them personally.

It's a shame but I'm right more than I'm wrong when it comes to politicians.

You see NoSUV, I agree with you. I agree the politicos will agree with what you put forward. I also agree they will support the exemption. I KNOW they are bought and paid for lock, stock and barrel.

BOUGHT by car/oil cooperative PACs.

BOUGHT by companies that benefit from toll proposals (even if the road isn't built).

BOUGHT by the companies that will build the toll roads.

BOUGHT by those who will run the toll roads.

NOSUV, if you disagree with my logic then you are generaring another conflict internal to your thrust points. So, question my logic if you like, but that doesn't further your credibility.

sorry bud...

NoSb

SOV because you can, HOV because you care!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic