Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

NuRide.com

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 122582 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: NuRide.com
    Posted: 03 Aug 2005 at 12:24pm
Is anyone using the NuRide service?

Are there any gotchas?
emancilla View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emancilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2005 at 12:44pm
Nope. I heard about it but wasn't interested at the time.
sluDgE View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sluDgE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2005 at 5:37pm
I've been a slug and driver from Burke for close to 20 years now, and never heard of it. So must be either something new or not worth your time.

Keep on sluggin'! [:)]
lvalleburke View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lvalleburke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2005 at 9:34am
I tried to use, signed up and everything...honestly it's ok but you have to go through a series of questions and I just don't see that it is worth the hassle of trying to find someone to commute with, however, try it you may like it, I didn't.
koakui View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koakui Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2005 at 3:05pm
I tried it last year but I found the site hard to use. Also, for some reason it doesn't match up people very well. For example, I had 2 co-workers sign up, 3 including me. 2 of us were riders and 1 was a driver and it still didn't want to match us up. Lots of little quirks in the system. We all ended up discontinuing it. Too much hassle.
122582 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 122582 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2005 at 6:29pm
Too bad. It seems like such a service would be really helpful to the other-than-Pentagon crowd. Even though I'm at the Pentagon, I'd prefer to hook up with a couple of people at the North Parking flyover bridge than deal with the line some days.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic