Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Parking at Horner Rd. is Awful!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cedarcitynative Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2004 at 6:15pm
What time did you get there? I drove out of PM on Monday and Tuesday. I was there by 7:45 and on the road by 7:55am. It's not like you can show up at 8:30 and expect a line of riders.
P8R10TZ View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote P8R10TZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2004 at 6:26pm
Eventually, there MAY be riders as late as 0830 at PM. But, right now PM just isn't getting that many riders. That's why were trying to promote it more. Sorry it hasn't worked out for you so far ktzmom...
Mrs.KLB View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrs.KLB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2004 at 3:31pm
The suggestion that the over crowding at Horner Road is the result of Potomac Mills and Hechinger riders switching to Horner Road has been the reasoning for years, I would suspect the reason could possibly be the constant increase in gasoline prices.Well I am about to park my vehicle again and jump back in line right along with the rest of you.

Mrs. B
P8R10TZ View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote P8R10TZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2004 at 4:48pm
That might be part of the reason, but PM used to get full, but as of right now, it doesn't.
scarygreengiant View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarygreengiant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2004 at 8:57pm
quote:
Originally posted by slugbug
[br]For those of you going to Potomac Mills after 8:00 Am...where are your destinations? I may start picking up there, if it benefits me to do so.

Slugbug, I go to the Pentagon and take the Metro. But I'm flexible. Crystal City or 14th street or ANYTHING that's on the way to 6th and Pennsylvania Ave would work!
scarygreengiant View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarygreengiant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2004 at 9:14pm
Does anyone think making flyers like this would help?

ATTENTION: Drivers and Slugs!!!!
More slugs and drivers needed at POTOMAC MILLS lot. Parking MUCH better so drivers won’t have to wait as long for slugs to find parking space.

Maybe some of us could whip up some flyers and pass them out or tape them up on the bus stop things or to our car windows.
WBSlug7 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WBSlug7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2004 at 11:03am
It's like you're all preaching to the choir, but not everyone's listening. :) I have also thought about putting up posters or flyers but it's the funding that's tough. But if enough of us are willing to make the signs I'd be more than willing to pitch in some supplies. But I think overall PM is picking up in popularity. I haven't had to wait too long lately in the evenings and hardly at all in the mornings.
meagain View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote meagain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2004 at 3:47pm
There is only way I see to fix any of the overflow problems in any commuter lot in the area and that is to make sure that all cars parked in that lot belong to that area. (county sticker) We also have the same problem in Stafford. We have sluggers and commuters coming in from Fredericksburg, Spotsylvania and beyond. as I'm sure you have from Stafford and further south. We have no place to park either. Our lots fill at 7:30 also. Commuting is becoming a HUGE problem in this area.
wdossel View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wdossel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2004 at 12:17pm
quote:
Originally posted by meagain
[br]There is only way I see to fix any of the overflow problems in any commuter lot in the area and that is to make sure that all cars parked in that lot belong to that area. (county sticker) We also have the same problem in Stafford. We have sluggers and commuters coming in from Fredericksburg, Spotsylvania and beyond. as I'm sure you have from Stafford and further south. We have no place to park either. Our lots fill at 7:30 also. Commuting is becoming a HUGE problem in this area.

There is precedence -- the city of Manassas requires non-city residents to have a parking pass for their VRE lot and those folks are not allowed to park in the lot nearest the station. The pass, however, is free. Park without it and you *will* get a ticket (no if's/maybe's/but's).

- Will
aaron_the_prince View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aaron_the_prince Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2004 at 1:19pm
I think this is a valid point, particularly considering the Stafford lot is closing. There are many people from Stafford County parking in PW county lots, which in the long run is beginning to inconvenience PW county residents. Stafford county needs to get their act together and provide adequate commuter parking for its residents... before PW county lots are saturated.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>
  Share Topic