Print Page | Close Window

Drivers making gas stops at Wawa on 610!

Printed From: Slug-Lines.com
Category: General Slugging Questions and Comments
Forum Name: Morning Slug Lines
Forum Description: Enter comments for all slug lines going into the city.
URL: http://www.slug-lines.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=1086
Printed Date: 28 Apr 2024 at 4:20pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 11.10 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Drivers making gas stops at Wawa on 610!
Posted By: LisaV
Subject: Drivers making gas stops at Wawa on 610!
Date Posted: 13 Jul 2004 at 4:39pm
What is up with drivers stopping for gas on the way to work AFTER they pick up slugs??? I find this totally unacceptable- not to mention rude. The rule is to stop before you get in the slug line. Would you find it acceptable if I asked you to stop so I can get coffee??? This has now happened 7 times since they opened up that WaWa on 610 in Stafford. Uggg!

Sorry for venting!
Thanks, Lisa

Replies:
Posted By: glacier
Date Posted: 13 Jul 2004 at 6:27pm
I guess you need to start asking.

Cheers,

Glacier

Posted By: emancilla
Date Posted: 14 Jul 2004 at 8:58am
It's common courtesy to let the slugs know before they get into the car. However, common courtesy is hard to find nowadays.

Posted By: vabigblue
Date Posted: 14 Jul 2004 at 12:13pm
Maybe they have a thing for Wawa. Seven times since they opened. Is it the same vehicle Lisa?

Posted By: VA_Slugger
Date Posted: 14 Jul 2004 at 1:28pm
LisaV, personally, I'd rather stop for gas BEFORE I have to stop BECAUSE of gas. [;)]

Date Posted: 14 Jul 2004 at 2:22pm
LUV the WAWA! But would not drag a slug there.

Cheers,

Glacier

Posted By: dkerley
Date Posted: 03 Aug 2004 at 12:24pm
I am betting they are doing that because its easier to get to Wawa as you are leaving the lot since its on the right hand side of 610 as you are heading for the Washington DC exit, than it would be to make a left before going to the lot.

Personally, I would never do that. Getting gas can take an extra ten minutes -- I wouldn't want to hold anyone up for ten minutes that they didn't anticipate losing.

P.S. I love the Wawa too -- especially the Chocolate Macademia Nut coffee. Yummy![:)]

Dina

Posted By: Subaru
Date Posted: 20 Aug 2004 at 7:21am
Next time get out of the car and go in, start reading a magazine or get some coffee and take up alot of time. They wont do it again. haa

Date Posted: 20 Aug 2004 at 9:06am
LOL! Go in there have them make you a hoagie too! The help at the counter in the mornings move as fast as molasses! [:D][:p]

Dina

Posted By: ronin718
Date Posted: 20 Aug 2004 at 11:54am
As a slug, don't you run the risk of getting left? Or are you counting on the HOV requirement to ensure your place in the car? [8D]

Date Posted: 24 Aug 2004 at 10:08am
How do I get Horner drivers to make a stop? A chocolate glazed donut and coffee for the ride - awesome.

Cheers,

Glacier

Date Posted: 25 Aug 2004 at 9:15am
Just announce that you only take rides from people that are low in gas and your destination.[:p]

Dina

Posted By: mirangus
Date Posted: 03 Sep 2004 at 10:49am
quote:
Originally posted by Subaru
[br]Next time get out of the car and go in, start reading a magazine or get some coffee and take up alot of time. They wont do it again. haa

Subaru-

Love the idea!! LOL [:D] However, what NERVE you must have to stop after you picked up passengers!! And how weird for the passengers...what do you do...sit there whistling and twiddling your thumbs, forced to wait in awkward silence that ordinarily would not exist had the driver had half a brain in their head!?!?! That would be too much...

Posted By: Mrs.KLB
Date Posted: 29 Sep 2004 at 3:40pm
Oh yeah try that Lisa, and that would be just your luck to catch that slug that morning that leaves you right there reading your magazine[:D]

Mrs. B

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.10 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2017 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net