Print Page | Close Window

L'Enfant to Rte 17 in the PM

Printed From: Slug-Lines.com
Category: General Slugging Questions and Comments
Forum Name: Afternoon Slug Lines
Forum Description: Enter comments on slug lines leaving the city in the afternoon here.
URL: http://www.slug-lines.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=113
Printed Date: 28 Apr 2024 at 9:12pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 11.10 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: L'Enfant to Rte 17 in the PM
Posted By: waterelf
Subject: L'Enfant to Rte 17 in the PM
Date Posted: 28 May 2002 at 1:00pm
How is the line doing, especially 5-5:15?

Replies:
Posted By: Jah
Date Posted: 28 May 2002 at 2:54pm
Can you tell me where the line is located at L'Enfant Plaza going to Rt. 17 in the PM? I'd like to give it a try. I work at 7th & D and that would be much more convenient than going to the Pentagon.

Posted By: 610_Slug
Date Posted: 29 May 2002 at 9:07am
Haven't noticed anyone out there for the Route 17 line at L'Enfant (I'm in the 610 line). Will check tonight where the 17 line is at in L'Enfant and will let you know if it's running.

Posted By: kortegel
Date Posted: 29 May 2002 at 9:49am
This is good to know...I've been thinking about slugging home from L'Enfant to 17 myself, but if no one is there...

Kevin O.

Date Posted: 30 May 2002 at 8:05am
Kevin, Didn't slug last night...was fortunate enough to get a ride back without having to slug. Will look for news about the 17 line tonight.

Date Posted: 31 May 2002 at 8:02am
I was on D Street across from L'Enfant metro around 4:10 last night in the 610 slug line. Did not see a Rt. 17 line. Maybe there just wasn't anyone there. My suggestion would be to start a Rt. 17 line (if there isn't one yet) between the Springfield and 610 lines on D Street. Take a sign with you, and make sure that cars that drive by see it. You'd be amazed how many people stop when they see the signs. Will take a lot of patience though :) That's how we started the 610 line...word of mouth, signs, and postings to this site. If I notice any Rt. 17 people around, I'll post here again. Good luck.

Date Posted: 31 May 2002 at 2:50pm
I would love to exert patience and hang a sign out there, but after discussing it with some fellow L'Enfant Plaza folks, they seem resigned to the idea of taking Metro to Pentagon and catching their slug rides there. If anyone would care to declare that they too would be willing to give it a go (both riders and drivers) I'm game.

Kevin O.

Posted By: Mit
Date Posted: 03 Jun 2002 at 1:01pm
According to the home page on this website, under maps, there is a Rt. 17 line just behind the Rt. 610 line. The next time I'm not in a rush to get home, I'll give it a try with a sign and let you know. I would be out there about 4:30pm

Date Posted: 04 Jun 2002 at 8:19am
Well, if I didn't have somewhere to be tonight I'd do it today, but I will definitely try it tomorrow afternoon (June 5 @ 4pm)...so if there are any drivers out there coming from L'Enfant going to Rt. 17, I'll be out there with a sign until 4:30pm max. I'll report the results after.

Kevin O.

Posted By: Admin
Date Posted: 05 Jun 2002 at 5:56am
If you need a sign to show your destination, go to:
http://www.slug-lines.com/Downloads/downloads.htm

There are dozens of pre-made signs. I hope this helps.

Date Posted: 10 Jun 2002 at 8:22am
Just to keep those of you interested up to date, I did not attempt to catch an afternoon slug ride to Rt. 17 from L'Enfant Plaza...all my days were longer than planned, and I didn't have the courage to waste time standing with a sign while I could be scurrying to the Pentagon to catch a sure thing. Therefore, I cannot report as to the status of the Rt. 17 line at L'Enfant...anyone else?

Kevin O.

Posted By: Mit
Date Posted: 10 Jun 2002 at 11:51am
I wasn't going to report this because I only gave it a half hour, but it was either Thurs. or Fri. of last week, I went out to L'Enfant with a Rt. 17 sign about 4:30p.m. I only waited 'til 5:00pm because I was getting nervous that I wouldn't get a ride at all and decided to go on to the Pentagon. No one for Rt. 17 came by.

Posted By: curtisdt
Date Posted: 11 Jun 2002 at 7:57am
I will be there tonight with a sign...

Don

Date Posted: 11 Jun 2002 at 7:57am

Don

Date Posted: 11 Jun 2002 at 7:58am

Don

Date Posted: 18 Jun 2002 at 2:10pm
and?

Kevin O.

Date Posted: 18 Jun 2002 at 2:17pm
And a big fat zero! This string is one of the most read strings on the board. We need to be able to email these people and organize a "re-grand opening" of the slug line. I think most of the people that read this are riders rather than drivers. I may be wrong. I am both, but mostly a driver lately.

Don

Posted By: waterelf
Date Posted: 18 Jun 2002 at 3:15pm
I would definitely use a Route 17 slug line at L'Enfant, but because I wouldn't be there until a little after 5:00, I can't afford to wait around hoping to get a ride. I'm a rider 4 days a week and driver once a week.

Date Posted: 18 Jun 2002 at 3:55pm
I don't blame you, I wouldn't either. That's why we need to have a reopening via email and set a date for a start.

quote:

I would definitely use a Route 17 slug line at L'Enfant, but because I wouldn't be there until a little after 5:00, I can't afford to wait around hoping to get a ride. I'm a rider 4 days a week and driver once a week.

Don

Date Posted: 19 Jun 2002 at 7:46am
I'm game for helping get the word out. Let's start figuring out when people would be there. One question to ask though: should we wait until after the summer vacation season and start it up say in September? Just asking.

I'll offer to keep score of the times people say they would be at the stop...and I'll start by saying between 4-4:30pm.

Kevin

Kevin O.

Posted By: Kelsey
Date Posted: 22 Jul 2002 at 8:44am
Just recently moved to Rt 17 area. Has the evening slug line from L'Enfant Plaza to Rt. 17 taken off?

Date Posted: 22 Jul 2002 at 8:49am
No it has not.

Don

Date Posted: 22 Jul 2002 at 9:41am
I think our chances for resuscitating this afternoon line will be greater if we do so after the summer vacation season. I'll bring this topic back up after Labor Day.

Kevin O.

Posted By: Kelsey
Date Posted: 22 Jul 2002 at 11:17am
Great! (I'll be back then.) FYI-- My arrival time at the stop would be between 4:30-4:45pm.

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.10 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2017 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net