Print Page | Close Window

Had one of THOSE kind of drivers last night

Printed From: Slug-Lines.com
Category: General Slugging Questions and Comments
Forum Name: General Slugging Topics
Forum Description: This is the area for all general slugging comments. To add a comment simply create a new topic or see FAQ for detailed information on how to post comments.
URL: http://www.slug-lines.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=1175
Printed Date: 28 Apr 2024 at 4:49am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 11.10 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Had one of THOSE kind of drivers last night
Posted By: qorc
Subject: Had one of THOSE kind of drivers last night
Date Posted: 01 Sep 2004 at 2:36pm
Picked up at the pentagon. The guy drove 80 most of the time, 90 or above whenever he could, and spent the whole trip back to 234 weaving in and out, like he was at Indy.

Wish I got his license plate. The driver was a black male, I'd say in his mid-thirties, driving a small black, honda sedan.

Do drivers really not care what the speed limit is while they have strangers in the car? when I pick people up, i'm more careful than usual in how I drive!

Honestly, and people get upset when they are stopped by police?

I will look for his license plate the next time. This is a driver to be avoided!!

Replies:
Posted By: vabigblue
Date Posted: 01 Sep 2004 at 4:27pm
Yeh, he needs to be posted on this site. I can understand wanting to get home, but not at those speeds. Thanks qorc

Posted By: KNLNGUS
Date Posted: 02 Sep 2004 at 8:03am
I do not condone this guys behavior - his driving at speeds while weaving in an out is not acceptable. I do know that MANY drivers (including myself) will drive at 80 - 90 (at various times) when the conditions are acceptable and I'm on a long trip. I don't think that speeding while on the small commute on the 95 corridor during rush hour traffic is acceptable. A constant speed above 65 - perhaps 65-75 is normal IMO.

I got pulled over for driving 72 on 95 with slugs in my car and yes I was pissed off. I asked the police officer why he pulled me over out of a crowd of 8 or 9 cars all going slightly above 70 and he asked me if I ever went fishing. I said yes and he replied with, "Well then, you know that when you cast your line, your confident you will catch a fish, and you will only be able to hook one at a time." 72mph! I politely thanked him for being such an upstanding officer of the peace and told him to hurry up and catch the next oh so reckless driver.

Date Posted: 02 Sep 2004 at 8:38am
I don't complain when they do 70-75.

however, 80? 90?? over??? gimme a break. It's not only WAY outside the law, but it's DANGEROUS. Not only to the driver, but to the slugs. It's unacceptable. If you are doing that, shame on you. Don't whine when you get pulled over, at whatever speed. you are a hazard.

Posted By: Stuck2
Date Posted: 02 Sep 2004 at 11:17am
There's been past discussions about speed, etc. on the HOV lanes. If you drive 65-70 mph, why do other people feel they need to drive down your tail pipe? I particularly am peeved by SUV owners thinking they can just ram themselves up my Civic's tail pipe when I'm cruising at 70 mph. Sometimes they get ticked because I actually have the nerve to leave space between me and the car in front.

I want a bumper sticker -- If you don't like my speed, I can always slow down!

Posted By: tdar20
Date Posted: 02 Sep 2004 at 12:48pm
Well, if your doing 70 in the left land then I would say your out of line. Thats the passing or over taking lane, speeds move quickly on 95 when given the opportunity. If you want to do 70 and below please stay in the right lane so the rest of us can move along also.

Posted By: ronin718
Date Posted: 02 Sep 2004 at 1:17pm
I don't recall seeing where Stuck2 specified that he/she was cruising in the left lane. I agree with tdar20 that cruising should be done in the right lane, but tailgating happens in both lanes, especially if traffic is moderate to heavy and the fast-burners are using both lanes. Sometimes drivers need to remember that not everyone is attempting to qualify for the Poconos 400. [8D]

Date Posted: 02 Sep 2004 at 3:11pm
No, I travel both lanes; in left, I cruise at speed of the driver ahead of me, who is in turn usually is cruising at speed of driver ahead of him/her. When traffic is to the point where both lanes are full, there's no such thing as "Hey this is the left lane and I'm going to put the pedal to the metal!" So that left lane is only for passing rule is out the window. Also, there's only left lane exits on the HOV so maybe they need to write another special rule -- reverse everything for HOV: Right lane for passing and left for general traffic.

But on point and topic, speed kills. When I have slugs, I try to keep to limit. Also, I'm not found of tickets and avoid them at all cost.

Posted By: scottt
Date Posted: 02 Sep 2004 at 5:42pm
Speed does NOT kill. Please go to Germany and observe driving and such over there. Bad drivers that speed, that kills.

I usually travel 80mph in the HOV lanes (traffic permitting). I do NOT weave in and out. I have a very safe car, with tires and suspension that can handle high speeds.

Posted By: mirangus
Date Posted: 02 Sep 2004 at 6:08pm
quote:
Originally posted by Stuck2
[br]There's been past discussions about speed, etc. on the HOV lanes. If you drive 65-70 mph, why do other people feel they need to drive down your tail pipe? I particularly am peeved by SUV owners thinking they can just ram themselves up my Civic's tail pipe when I'm cruising at 70 mph. Sometimes they get ticked because I actually have the nerve to leave space between me and the car in front.

I want a bumper sticker -- If you don't like my speed, I can always slow down!

And why do civic drivers drive like maniacs with their souped up rides and buzz around my SUV like little gnats?

Let's not even start the category game...

Date Posted: 03 Sep 2004 at 8:02am
I'm resigned to believe that American driving habits are rapidly changing. One responder mentioned going to Germany to observe their techniques. Well, I'm telling you, if we get to that point in driving, 80-90 MPH won't be enough and state troopers won't be needed to ticket anyone. Germany doesn't even have a limit on the Autobahn does it?

Posted By: mycroftt
Date Posted: 03 Sep 2004 at 8:16am
The traffic problems here are caused by poor planning and design. They are exacerbated by poor driving techniques, mostly failure to leave sufficient room between one's vehicle and the one in front.

The evidence is right there for everyone to see. Did you ever wonder why the left lane is the one that is always stopped south of the HOV merge on I-95? Check out the relative traffic density in the left lane compared to the other two lanes - usually the left lane density is greater than the other two lanes combined. When one driver hits the brakes (usually because he's following too closely) everyone in line behind him has to do the same (because they are also following too closely) and it continues until traffic stops in that lane.

If people would leave room, they wouldn't have to continually slam on the brakes and traffic would keep moving.

Posted By: MDC
Date Posted: 03 Sep 2004 at 8:20am
It's quite annoying when you're trying to maintain a minimally safe one second distance to the car in front of you and the driver behind you is fuming because of how "slow" you're going.

My other theory is that if people are using the right lane to pass you, you should change lanes.

Date Posted: 03 Sep 2004 at 8:46am
MDC, I'm glad you touched upon that clause. See, when you drive in from MD over the Woodrow Wilson, there exists to the left barrier a sign, slower traffic keep right. Now... if you are occupying the left lane and people are passing you on the right... Move your I'm obeying the law and have every right to be in whatever lane I choose tree hugging the world is your oyster box on wheels to the right lane. Please people, move over so that the other 25 vehicle behind you can get to their destinations!

Date Posted: 03 Sep 2004 at 9:12am
quote:
Originally posted by MDC
[br]It's quite annoying when you're trying to maintain a minimally safe one second distance to the car in front of you and the driver behind you is fuming because of how "slow" you're going.

My other theory is that if people are using the right lane to pass you, you should change lanes.

MDC, you hit two nails right on the head! Another one of my favorites is when you maintain a safe distance and some jackass views it as an opportunity to gain some imagined type of "advantage" by pulling into the space. That's a great thought about changing lanes if people are passing you on the right.

My wife and I continually joke about the people around here learning to drive by watching NASCAR (even though most of them, like ourselves, are not natives). People who tailgate are "drafting" or "taking the air off my spoiler". We "pull into the pit" to get gas or take an exit from the freeway. Any slowdown is a "caution flag", and if I drift out of my lane "I like to use the whole track". Above all else don't EVER use your turn signal lights because that's just advertising your intentions and Earnhardt will never let you cut in. Try it - it's fun!

Posted By: tlschau
Date Posted: 03 Sep 2004 at 9:20am
quote:
Originally posted by mycroftt
MDC, you hit two nails right on the head! Another one of my favorites is when you maintain a safe distance and some jackass views it as an opportunity to gain some imagined type of "advantage" by pulling into the space. That's a great thought about changing lanes if people are passing you on the right.

My wife and I continually joke about the people around here learning to drive by watching NASCAR (even though most of them, like ourselves, are not natives). People who tailgate are "drafting" or "taking the air off my spoiler". We "pull into the pit" to get gas or take an exit from the freeway. Any slowdown is a "caution flag", and if I drift out of my lane "I like to use the whole track". Above all else don't EVER use your turn signal lights because that's just advertising your intentions and Earnhardt will never let you cut in. Try it - it's fun!

mycroftt,

As a nascar fan I have to say that this is the funniest thing that I have read in a while! Thanks for sharing.

Posted By: Dhacim
Date Posted: 03 Sep 2004 at 1:14pm
You have got to be kidding me?? Have any of you noticed that you have to go 80 to avoid being run over....I go 80, most of the way, I don't weave, I'm not reckless, but yes...I go 80....So does everybody else, most blow past me...In fact this morning I had to yield to someone flashing his lights at me....Thats the name of the game on 95. I can understand being upset about a reckless driver going 90, but come on....

Posted By: mirangus
Date Posted: 03 Sep 2004 at 1:48pm
Well...remember that the faster you go, the worse that an accident can potentially be, regardless of fault. If you're going 80 and someone pulls an a-hole move and cuts you off and you swerve to avoid being hit, your ability to control your vehicle during that sort of panic declines...big time. That might have not been your fault, but speeding did not help you in getting out of that situation. In fact, it could be worse. I'm not saying I'm an angel, I take advantage of an open road where I can, but I always have positive control of my vehicle and if I don't have a clear way out of peril, I don't take the chance. You might recognize me on the highway...I'm the one who, while cruising at a decent road speed, will leave about 11 car lengths in front of me. Sorry for those that are annoyed, I'm just trying to get home in one piece like everyone else.

Date Posted: 03 Sep 2004 at 2:30pm
And maybe that's the problem around here. Everyone has too much of a "me-first" mentality that they can't slow their happy butts down to do something resembling the speed limit. This ISN'T Germany, and the roads around here are too crowded for the 80-90 mile an hour speeds that idiot drivers (yes, I said it, and if the shoe fits, wear it) insist on doing.

I personally don't see how anyone could be doing 80-90 during rush hour and not be either weaving in traffic or constantly doing the herky-jerky slow down and speed up drill. If drivers think they're being so blasted safe driving 80-90, then why do they jam on the brakes as soon as they see a cop? Because they know they're not supposed to be doing it in the first place. [:0] If you're so interested in qualifying for the Pocono 400, find yourself a sponsor and get off the public roads.

Date Posted: 03 Sep 2004 at 2:43pm
I agree ronin - I don't understand how some can drive that fast with as many vehicles on the road around here. Driving like that is really asking for something major. I mean, I will drive 80-85, but it won't be until I am going south on I-85 and you know how far down that is.

Date Posted: 03 Sep 2004 at 2:52pm
quote:
Originally posted by ronin718
[br]And maybe that's the problem around here. Everyone has too much of a "me-first" mentality that they can't slow their happy butts down to do something resembling the speed limit. This ISN'T Germany, and the roads around here are too crowded for the 80-90 mile an hour speeds that idiot drivers (yes, I said it, and if the shoe fits, wear it) insist on doing.

I personally don't see how anyone could be doing 80-90 during rush hour and not be either weaving in traffic or constantly doing the herky-jerky slow down and speed up drill. If drivers think they're being so blasted safe driving 80-90, then why do they jam on the brakes as soon as they see a cop? Because they know they're not supposed to be doing it in the first place. [:0] If you're so interested in qualifying for the Pocono 400, find yourself a sponsor and get off the public roads.

Not sure where you drive, but I drive in the HOV lanes (during rush hour), where the traffic during the summer moves at 80mph. Now that the kiddies are back in school and everyone is back from vacation, Tuesday I won't be doing 80mph. On the weekends, around the beltway, I also do about 80mph (traffic permitting).

Posted By: ScarletLSG
Date Posted: 03 Sep 2004 at 2:55pm
Scott,

You should know that RIGHT NOW, VA State Police are actively pursuing speeders, especially in the HOV. How do I know this? Because I got a ticket this week. AND in the state of VA, 80 mph and over is considered reckless. I was going 81 ... there was MINIMAL traffic, wasn't weaving in or out of lanes and was clocked. I got NOT ONLY a speeding ticket, but also a reckless endangerment citation. Because of the reckless, I MUST appear in court and cannot just send in the fines. UGH. I now have my cruise set at 70 mph ... even though *I* think I'm safe at 80, Virginia doesn't. I can't afford to lose my license. The patrol officer told me that while they ARE targeting violators, they are EQUALLY targeting speeders ... and aggressively.

ScarletLSG

quote:
Originally posted by scottt
[br]Speed does NOT kill. Please go to Germany and observe driving and such over there. Bad drivers that speed, that kills.

I usually travel 80mph in the HOV lanes (traffic permitting). I do NOT weave in and out. I have a very safe car, with tires and suspension that can handle high speeds.

Date Posted: 04 Sep 2004 at 10:08am
Hey Ronin....

Jacka$$! (yeah I said it, and if the shoe fits, where it) what is that about. Again, maybe you should lay off the cocktails before work, but at 80 miles an hour in the very uncrowded HOV lanes in the morning you don't have to weave, in fact, if you cruise in the left lane, you will find yourself yielding to many that are trying to push up your bumper....Definitely not that I'm in a hurry to get to work in the morning, but I would say those that are driving 60 or less in HOV, present more of a hazard than those of us driving 75-80....

Posted By: Sheepish
Date Posted: 04 Sep 2004 at 1:55pm
quote:
[br]And maybe that's the problem around here. Everyone has too much of a "me-first" mentality...

The "me-first" mentality is a big problem around here! Whether it's vehicle speed, lack of turn signal use, lack of space left between cars, or the weaving in and out-- it's not the "few" but the "many" who now demonstrate a total disregard for anyone else by their actions and bad driving habits.

To even suggest that a driver creates a hazard by doing less than 60 mph on HOV is another indicator as to the disregard that many have for the very rules that were created to keep people safe while on public roads.

I used to find driving slugs provided me a calm start/end to my work days. Not so anymore now that I am noticing my jaw hurts from clenching my teeth, or that my hands are stiff from gripping the steering wheel so hard because I am constantly having to react to the bad habits of others.

Date Posted: 04 Sep 2004 at 4:15pm
So Sheepish...

In your opinion a driver that is going below the speed limit, hanging out in the fast lane of traffic is exhibiting proper driving technique and not creating a hazard??

By that logic, it is actually the slow driver that may be causing some other driver who is perhaps doing 70, to change lanes to move around them, or "weave." Also, tickets are issued for impeding traffic. Albeit, not as frequently as speeding, but it is a violation none the less, and I assure you equally as dangerous.

I also would argue that every driver thinks he/she/it is the best driver on the road, and everyone around them is a bad driver...

I will say this, I have never had someone complain about my driving, actually quite the contrary....I have many, many repeat riders, and they happily get in my car every morning....Perhaps, you and Ronin should ride the bus, if a good ole DC commute causes you to clench your teeth......Settle down and enjoy the ride!

Posted By: Sheepish
Date Posted: 06 Sep 2004 at 5:03pm
Dhacim,
To clarify my comment for you, you stated "I would say those that are driving 60 or less in HOV, present more of a hazard than those of us driving 75-80....” and I stand by what I said in response to those words. Those words demonstrate a disregard for the rules.

Do I have a problem with "floaters" in the left lane? Unless they are passing a vehicle, or making a left exit off the road, then yes I have a problem with that. They can "float" along at their speed in the right lane.

There is no point in arguing about perceptions a driver has on their own/others' skills, no-one in this world is perfect. The point I was trying to make is that *too many* people are demonstrating irresponsibility when they get behind the wheel.

Oh- and how thoughtful of you to offer the suggestion of taking the bus! While I would expect Ronin and I to thoroughly enjoy a hearty discussion on the "me-first" mentality, why don't you join us as the driver of the bus so you can accommodate so many more with your exemplary driving skills? [;)]

Date Posted: 07 Sep 2004 at 11:16am
Dhacim, if the other drivers are doing the speed limit, then those who are doing 80-90 mph ARE the hazard. I understand the speed limit in the HOV lanes is 60 or 65 (I don't drive 395, so I don't personally know except from other posts), and nowhere in the state is there a posted speed limit of 80 or greater. For the majority of the roads in NoVA, your 80 MPH is 25 over the limit. Since you want to get personal, I'll say it like it is. YOU are the hazard, and other drivers like you. Speed limits are established for a reason, and not merely to inconvenience. If you want to consider me a long-eared, slow-moving beast of burden because I choose to abide by the posted limits, then give me my carrots and send me on my way. I guarantee my brake pads will see less wear and tear then yours.

Yes, "floaters" are a problem around here, and they should get their happy butts over to the right when not passing. However, NASCAR wanna-bes are a greater hazard on NoVA roads than Miss Daisy on a Sunday cruise.

Let me share a little something with you, Dhacim. Both of my cars have organizational tags on them, and they have two letters --- FP. I'm retired from that arena now, but I'm sure if you want to give me your vehicle description and tag number, I can pass them on to some fellow members to watch for your low-flying excursions.

Oh, and by the way, I do ride the bus occasionally, but only when I can't get my usual ride in. Perhaps you should try it yourself. It's amazing how the stress levels drop when you aren't trying to muscle your way through law-abiding traffic. You can also choose which group of knuckleheads to count --- the HOV violators or the NASCAR wanna-bes.

Posted By: pb1974
Date Posted: 07 Sep 2004 at 1:57pm
Eighty mph does not have to be a dangerous speed. If you are driving like an idiot (weaving, cutting people off, tailgating), then any speed is dangerous. However, it is entirely possible to do 80 around here, even in the mornings, without resorting to weaving and the like (I drive in from Fredericksburg, so my experience may be different than others'). I am also of the belief that slow drivers are just as dangerous as the fast ones. Sorry, but that is my opinion.

Date Posted: 07 Sep 2004 at 3:07pm
I certainly agree that everyone has their own opinions, but tell me - where does one constantly drive 80-85 MPH around DC or within a 50-75 mile radius? I don't think one can do it weekdays, weekends, holidays, early morning or late evening. There is too much traffic on the roads to jeopardize yourself, or more importantly, someone else. Granted, it can be done, but not safely. Again, that's my opinion.

Posted By: MDC
Date Posted: 07 Sep 2004 at 5:14pm
Nobody's mentioned the Metro busses going 45MPH in the HOV lanes. Why is it that some Metro busses go 65, and others are going 45? Every other day it seems that traffic goes from ~65 to about 25mph due to these busses somewhere south of the Pentagon.

Omniride bus drivers are also BAD drivers. I think every one of them moves to the left lane before the Pentagon exit and then cuts back over where the exit ramp is. Weaving in and out of lanes to pass a few cars is also one of their specialties.

Date Posted: 07 Sep 2004 at 9:23pm
Not only Metro bus and Omniride bus drivers do this. MARTZ bus drivers beat them both HANDS down. I've written to their corporate website no less than SIX times with license plate numbers and location of the vehicles. They don't just weave in and out of traffic, they cut off ANYONE in their way, on 95, 195 AND the beltway. Whooooo, glad to get that off my chest. Stepping down now.

ScarletLSG

Date Posted: 08 Sep 2004 at 10:19am
You can drive *safely* doing 80 within a 50 mile radius. That's what I was trying to say in my previous post. Everyone has a different skill level when it comes to driving. If you can't handle your car or judge the traffic around you, you should not go near 80mph. However, I know my car's limits very well, am an excellent judge of traffic, and do not drive recklessly (I know what the VA reckless law is, so please don't feel the need to tell me - there is a difference in reckless driving legally and reckless driving realistically).

I agree that the busses around here DO drive dangerously and take needless risks. I would also say the same of the many semis that travel 95. I have seen so many of them drive as if they're in a sportscar, cutting people off and tailgating.

Posted By: dkerley
Date Posted: 08 Sep 2004 at 12:36pm
I usually drive and I do so at 80 mph tops. Though I drive fast, I am safe, I don't weave in and out of traffic, I don't ride people's bumper....so I don't see what the big deal is.

My problem is with the people that are barely going the speed limit, riding side by side a person in the right lane so no one can pass.

Then there are the men that can't stand to have a WOMAN pass them on the road -- have that happen to me a lot. There was a fatal case of that in Spotsylvania County a few months back. A woman and her son were passing a man and he sped up so she couldn't get around him. She lost control of the car and hit a tree, killing both her and her son. Sad. [:(]

Dina

Date Posted: 08 Sep 2004 at 2:04pm
quote:

[br]I know my car's limits very well, am an excellent judge of traffic, and do not drive recklessly (... there is a difference in reckless driving legally and reckless driving realistically).

I'd like to see this line used on a cop or a judge. I'm sure it would work in getting out of the charge. It sounds very similar to "I know my limit, and I'm okay to drive".

To all you NASCAR wanna-bes, I have two questions... (1) What's wrong with driving something resembling the speed limit? Yes, you might get your doors blown off, but you'll put less wear and tear on your vehicle. (2) Do the riders have the same confidence in your skills? Oh, that's right, if they don't like it, they can choose another ride. They just missed the notice that you intend to drive at 80+ MPH.

Date Posted: 08 Sep 2004 at 2:32pm
Your comparison of my comment to someone drinking and driving is offensive. And I never said that it would fly legally, nor would I ever argue that to a cop or a judge. I was merely pointing out that there IS a difference between the legal definition of reckless driving according to the Commonwealth of Virginia, and someone driving 80 and not endangering anyone.

PS. I am a slug, I do not drive anyone other than myself in my car.

quote:
I'd like to see this line used on a cop or a judge. I'm sure it would work in getting out of the charge. It sounds very similar to "I know my limit, and I'm okay to drive".

To all you NASCAR wanna-bes, I have two questions... (1) What's wrong with driving something resembling the speed limit? Yes, you might get your doors blown off, but you'll put less wear and tear on your vehicle. (2) Do the riders have the same confidence in your skills? Oh, that's right, if they don't like it, they can choose another ride. They just missed the notice that you intend to drive at 80+ MPH.

Date Posted: 09 Sep 2004 at 9:10am
quote:
Originally posted by pb1974
[br]Your comparison of my comment to someone drinking and driving is offensive. And I never said that it would fly legally, nor would I ever argue that to a cop or a judge. I was merely pointing out that there IS a difference between the legal definition of reckless driving according to the Commonwealth of Virginia, and someone driving 80 and not endangering anyone.

PS. I am a slug, I do not drive anyone other than myself in my car.

Okay, you're offended. That doesn't negate the fact the two statements are similar. The "I can control my vehicle safely" is used by both groups. It's rare to find a driver doing something illegal that doesn't justify it or excuse it with some lame reasoning, yours truly included.

There is NO excuse or reason for driving 80 in this area, and by that I mean the area where the predominate speed limit is 55. Since you're coming in from Fredericksburg, I can understand doing maybe 75 down below Quantico, but do you drop down to 65 when you hit the lower speed zone, or are you still flying at 80? In these areas of closely "divided" highways, this IS reckless, as determined by society and established by our laws. How many accidents have occured where a vehicle (or part) has jumped/flown over the barrier and impacted an oncoming vehicle? You never know when something like this might happen, and you have a greater chance of controlling your vehicle in an emergency situation at 60 than 80.

Date Posted: 09 Sep 2004 at 9:16am
Ok. I'm not going to keep debating this. We will have to agree to disagree.

Posted By: glacier
Date Posted: 09 Sep 2004 at 11:54am
If the flow of traffic is averaging 75-80 and and you're doing 55 - exactly who is the problem? Ever been on the Jersey Turnpike? Who deemed anyone on this website to be the spokes person for our Society? Also, what decade were the 55/65 mph limits set? For what reason (gas savings?), and do they take into account the cars on the road today?

As a navy pilot I've lived all over the country and have driven on metropolitan highways in taffic (ie: along w/ everyone else) averaging 75-85 mph w/ no problem.

Just one man's opinion

Date Posted: 09 Sep 2004 at 12:57pm
I agree that it's the difference in speed that causes the hazard, whether someone is going 25 MPH faster or 25 MPH slower than everyone else. As glacier points out, the 55 MPH limit is a throwback to the early 1970's when the oil companies first conspired to create low supplies in order to drive prices skyward and the government fell into line by restricting speed limits to 55. Today's cars are much better engineered than than the '60s and '70s gas guzzlers and are much safer at higher speeds. There is no longer a strong argument for keeping the speed limits that low - maybe 75 or 80 with zero tolerance might make more sense.

Date Posted: 09 Sep 2004 at 1:22pm
pb1974... Okay. Works for me.

glacier... (1) If the person doing 55 is obeying the law, the problem is with those who are not. It's a sheep or lemming thing. Just because others are thumbing their noses at the speed limit doesn't mean everyone should be forced to. If it's so okay to do 75-80, then why do the brakes get slammed on as soon as a police cruiser makes an appearance? Sorry, you're not going to get me to budge on this one.

(2) Yes, I've driven the Jersey Turnpike... in the right lane. (3) I didn't proclaim myself Society's spokesperson. I just said society determines what is reckless driving, and set up the law to enforce it.

(4) The 65/70/75 limits only "came back" less than 10 years ago, and I haven't seen anything above 70 in this state or area. Apparently somebody took today's cars into consideration, along with the roads, the traffic, and the population density. I, too, have driven all over this country, and where appropriate I've driven 75-85 MPH. But those speeds were all done west of the Mississippi where the limits are set that high. And I've spent my time enforcing the laws in the military community on those who've deemed themselves above it all for whatever reason. Maybe if people would try abiding by the laws, instead of putting themselves above them, we'd all get along a little better... on the roads and off.

Another man's opinion

Date Posted: 09 Sep 2004 at 4:11pm
Well, if any slug rides with me and feel that their lives are in jeopardy because I am going 80 mph in a 65 mph zone then make a mental note of my car and don't get in next time.

Dina

Date Posted: 10 Sep 2004 at 7:30am
any driver that thinks that going 80, 85 or 90 while having slugs is not only an arrogant idiot, but a danger to himself and others. It's people like these that are the largest source of problems on the highway.

They think the rules don't apply to them.

and often will be the first to complain when they get stopped. They'll be the first to claim they are being "profiled" by race, the type of car they drive, their age, or whatever.

Unfortunately as a slug, I can't always recognize the idiot drivers and avoid them the next time.

It's just common courtesy if you are taking strangers into your car to treat the highway NOT like a time trial at Indy.

If you want to kill yourself, do so on your own time and when people aren't in your car.

Date Posted: 10 Sep 2004 at 8:01am
quote:

If the person doing 55 is obeying the law, the problem is with those who are not.

That's true. The ironic part is that this law-abiding individual is the one who is introducing the risk by his behaviour. If he were to exceed the posted limit like everyone else, relative speeds would be near zero and risk would be reduced. Clearly we have a case of bad law introducing an unnecessary level of risk (coupled, of course, with the utter failure of the traffic authorities to devise and implement highway design that is safe and meets transportation requirements).

Date Posted: 10 Sep 2004 at 8:27am
quote:
Originally posted by mycroftt
[br]
quote:

If the person doing 55 is obeying the law, the problem is with those who are not.

That's true. The ironic part is that this law-abiding individual is the one who is introducing the risk by his behaviour. If he were to exceed the posted limit like everyone else, relative speeds would be near zero and risk would be reduced. Clearly we have a case of bad law introducing an unnecessary level of risk (coupled, of course, with the utter failure of the traffic authorities to devise and implement highway design that is safe and meets transportation requirements).

The 55 limit has been in place for as long as many of these people have been driving, but because they feel (correctly or not) they can control their car at the higher speeds, they push the limits. No, what we have is a group of individuals who can't be inconvenienced by long established limits and consider themselves above the law.

If the laws are so bad, then what is being done to change them? Obviously, other minds consider these laws valid.

Date Posted: 10 Sep 2004 at 9:20am
I try to avoid discerning others' motives - probably because I don't think I'm good at it - but I wonder if these individuals that speed all the time really think they are "above the law". Isn't it simpler to assume that they just think the penalty is worth the risk (or is that just saying the same thing in different words)? I really don't think traffic laws rise to the level of moral imperatives for most people, and those that do take it that seriously get lampooned on TV and the movies for their trouble.

quote:
If the laws are so bad, then what is being done to change them? Obviously, other minds consider these laws valid.

That's an interesting example of a logical fallacy known as argumentum ad ignorantium or "arguing from ignorance". You claim that because there has not been introduced any evidence of a movement to change the law therefore the law is good (and some anonymous authority seems to agree). It's interesting but, of course, proves nothing - in other words, lack of proof to the contrary does not constitute proof. I have no doubt, though, that there are plenty of people who would be vehemently opposed to changing the existing laws.

Since I believe that the relative speed, i.e. much faster or much slower than "most of the traffic", is the real cause of the problems, I suppose I'm advocating laws that would normalize traffic speed at a level that is determined by local conditions at any given time, like the "safe and reasonable for conditions" laws that existed before the '70s. I'd imagine that enforcing them would be a nightmare.

Date Posted: 10 Sep 2004 at 1:37pm
quote:
I try to avoid discerning others' motives - probably because I don't think I'm good at it - but I wonder if these individuals that speed all the time really think they are "above the law". Isn't it simpler to assume that they just think the penalty is worth the risk (or is that just saying the same thing in different words)?

Dress it up however you will, it's still simply a case where driver's don't appear interested in abiding by the posted speed limit. Whether it's due to peer pressure, conceit, inconvenience, or whatever, the fact is the speed limit is posted and many drivers aren't interested in abiding by it.

I posed the question earlier asking why people choose not to abide by the posted limit. All I seem to get is the answer parents hear from their kids on a daily basis... "Everybody else is doing it".

quote:
That's an interesting example of a logical fallacy known as argumentum ad ignorantium or "arguing from ignorance". You claim that because there has not been introduced any evidence of a movement to change the law therefore the law is good (and some anonymous authority seems to agree). It's interesting but, of course, proves nothing - in other words, lack of proof to the contrary does not constitute proof. I have no doubt, though, that there are plenty of people who would be vehemently opposed to changing the existing laws.

Since I believe that the relative speed, i.e. much faster or much slower than "most of the traffic", is the real cause of the problems, I suppose I'm advocating laws that would normalize traffic speed at a level that is determined by local conditions at any given time, like the "safe and reasonable for conditions" laws that existed before the '70s. I'd imagine that enforcing them would be a nightmare.

No, it's not arguing through ignorance. I made the statement to point out that the limits imposed for the Metro area are determined by people whose job it is to analyze and assess the appropriate level of allowable speed based on conditions, density, environment, and construction of the roads in question. If the community feels it is too low, take it up with the appropriate officials.

There seems to be plenty of advocates for the "speed limit by lemmings" approach, and I seem to be Don Quixote, jousting at the excessive speed windmill. As I am the vocal minority on this issue, I will bow out and continue to keep my rig to the right as appropriate, counting on the rare appearance of police cruisers to moderate things occasionally. But I'll be willing to chime in anytime someone wants to come up with a better answer.

Meanwhile, I look forward to starting my new job two miles from my home. [8D] With a max limit of 40 MPH on that drive, I won't have to worry about someone blowing my doors off doing 80-90 MPH. [V]

Posted By: JiggaJynx
Date Posted: 10 Sep 2004 at 3:30pm
quote:
As I am the vocal minority on this issue, I will bow out and continue to keep my rig to the right as appropriate, counting on the rare appearance of police cruisers to moderate things occasionally.

Speaking of those rare appearances of police cruisers, I had a long day yesterday and hit the HOV about 7:45 p.m. Three cruisers in a row kept speeds down to 65-70. They definitely are out looking for speeders.

Date Posted: 10 Sep 2004 at 3:48pm
The fiends!!!! [:D]

Date Posted: 13 Sep 2004 at 7:41am
quote:
[br]

I posed the question earlier asking why people choose not to abide by the posted limit. All I seem to get is the answer parents hear from their kids on a daily basis... "Everybody else is doing it".

I think the response you have been getting would be better paraphrased as "Everyone else is going so much faster that it can be unsafe to drive at the posted limit".

The point you seem not to be grasping is that it is a rare individual who practices blind obeisance to arbitrarily determined and capriciously enforced standards. I think most people agree with the underlying principle that there needs to be some standard to ensure safety and uninterrupted traffic flow but pointing at a number and saying "That happens at this speed, so thou shalt not ever exceed" carries about the same cachet as pointing at Labor Day on the calendar and saying "Thou shalt not wear white after this date". Forgive the misplaced metaphor but most people tend to vote with their feet.

Date Posted: 13 Sep 2004 at 7:48am
Oh, hell, now some slugs will start a thread about putting up posters at various slug locations to identify rogue drivers, complete with a photo and description of their vehicle (incl. vin #) to help other slugs identify which drivers intend to or actually drive 80mph.

The sky is falling! The sky is falling!

Date Posted: 13 Sep 2004 at 8:08am
Ronin,

You aren't the only person that disagrees with the excessive speeding that occurs here. While I am absolutely guilty of "going along with the crowd" on these roads, I AM now making a concerted effort to follow the posted limits. Two reasons -- 1. Got a ticket for speeding and reckless going 82 ... wasn't going faster than anyone else, just happened to get caught -- 2. I work 52 miles from home ... I've realized that IF I can manage to just average 50 mph during the drive ... that gets me to work/home in about an hour.

I'm CERTAIN that I have one of the longer commutes here in the area. I really believe this. IF everyone would lower their speeds, there would DEFINITELY be less accidents. Less accidents means fewer backups. I mean, imagine a morning commute, where you get on 95 going 60 mph and are able to maintain 55-60 for your entire drive. If you are going 75-80, you WILL eventually end up behind someone doing the speed limit, causing you to curse, slam on the brakes and thereby cause a chain reaction of similar behavior down the line of cars. At speed limits, merges and exits occur more smoothly. Bottom line, is that I would LOVE to have a one hour commute to and from work and if everyone would lower their speeds JUST a little, I think that could be possible more often.

ScarletLSG

Date Posted: 13 Sep 2004 at 4:00pm
quote:
Originally posted by ScarletLSG
[br]Ronin,

I'm CERTAIN that I have one of the longer commutes here in the area. I really believe this. IF everyone would lower their speeds, there would DEFINITELY be less accidents.

ScarletLSG

Where is the data for the basis of that statement?

Posted By: JiggaJynx
Date Posted: 13 Sep 2004 at 5:19pm
Woodbridge to Silver Spring. Depending on requirements of the day, I use just about every form of transportation except VRE (drive, slug, bus, Metro, feet). To work is 1.25-1.5 hours. Returning home takes 1.5-1.75 hours, sometimes more (especially on Friday). I have a colleague who will be moving to F'burg and commuting to SS. I'll bet HE will have one of the longer commutes in the area.

Date Posted: 13 Sep 2004 at 5:36pm
>>Where is the data for the basis of that statement?

Here are a few excerpts from studies done in both the UK and US. I've also posted the links, for the reader who would like to read full reports.

UK Study - http://www.slower-speeds.org.uk/kscontents.htm

Speed management offers significant social, environmental and economic benefits. Foremost amongst these is casualty reduction. Every 1mph reduction in average speeds brings a 5% reduction in the number of crashes, and hence in the number of people killed or injured on the roads. This means that even marginal reductions in speed can result in major road safety gains.

US Study - http://www.ou.edu/oupd/speed.htm

Exceeding the posted limit or driving too fast for conditions is one of the most prevalent factors contributing to traffic crashes. Speed is a factor in nearly one-third of all fatal crashes. Speed-related crashes cost society more than $23 billion a year.*

Too few drivers view speeding as an immediate risk to their personal safety or the safety of others. Yet, speeding reduces a driver's ability to steer safely around curves or objects in the roadway, and it extends the distance required to stop a vehicle in emergency situations.

Crash severity increases with the speed of the vehicle at impact. ... ... ...

The probability of death, disfigurement, or debilitating injury grows with higher speed at impact.

Such consequences double for every 10 mph over 50 mph that a vehicle travels.

US Study - http://www.speedlimiters.com/fleetdriver.php

A report in early April 2002 by Market Analysts, Taylor Nelson Sofres, showed that 61% of drivers admitted to regularly exceeding statutory speed limits. Additional speeding facts are:

72% of company car drivers drive in excess of 80 mph on motorways;
68% occasionally or frequently drive faster and less safely due to pressure of work; and keeping to the speed limits only increases overall average journey time by 2.54% (just one and a half minutes in every hour on the road or less than five minutes for a three hour journey). (Source: Leeds/MIRA report) There is no need to speed!

Date Posted: 13 Sep 2004 at 5:37pm
JiggaJynx,

THAT is going to be ONE HECK OF A COMMUTE. I was commuting from Quantico to Bethesda and it was LONG LONG LONG. Hopefully your colleague has a flexible schedule.

ScarletLSG

Date Posted: 14 Sep 2004 at 8:07am
quote:
[br]>>Where is the data for the basis of that statement?

US Study - http://www.ou.edu/oupd/speed.htm

Exceeding the posted limit or driving too fast for conditions is one of the most prevalent factors contributing to traffic crashes. Speed is a factor in nearly one-third of all fatal crashes. Speed-related crashes cost society more than $23 billion a year.*

Uh...this "study" seems to indicate that speed may NOT be a huge factor in highway safety. It indicates that 60% of speed related crashes occur on rural roads. I don't know the relative percentages of highway vs rural traffic but it has to be hugely skewed toward highway. I have been an analyst for many years and, while there isn't enough data here to draw a strong conclusion, this is a very strong indication that excessive speed does not seem to be a major contributing factor to highway crashes. I'm calling for more studies (and more work for analysts).[;)]

Date Posted: 14 Sep 2004 at 11:51am
>>Uh...this "study" seems to indicate that speed may NOT be a huge factor in highway safety.<<

MYCROFTT,

I read about 20 different studies yesterday and almost all of them actually say that SPEEDING isn't generally the CAUSE of the accidents. The cause is the disparity in speeds ... whether rural or urban. In rural areas, if speed limits are 55 ... some cars are going 55, some 65+ -- THAT causes the accidents. Same in urban areas. My point is that if EVERYONE would slow down JUST A SMIDGE. There is NO need to go 80 in a 65. There WILL be people following the law to the letter and the big disparity in speed WILL cause the speeder to have to slam on the brakes or weave in and out of lanes, especially on the HOV where there are both left and right entrances. Going 75-80 won't get you to work or home more than a couple of minutes faster.

ScarletLSG

Date Posted: 15 Sep 2004 at 8:04am
ScarletLSG: That disparity in the speed is the reason I hate the "diamond lane" HOVs like on 66. The diamond lanes are flying at 65 while the lane right next to it is crawling along at 20 - it's just a disaster waiting to happen.

I agree that nobody should go a lot slower or a lot faster than the majority of the traffic, but I also think it's a mistake for the slower traffic to park it in the left lane and try to impose their preferred speed on everyone else. It bunches up the traffic and causes more problems - the best thing to do is stay to the right if you are slower.

I've never been a highly skilled driver myself and I'm just not comfortable driving at 80 so I usually can be found in the right lane tooling along at the speed limit.

Date Posted: 15 Sep 2004 at 9:15am
To me, anything over 80 mph is excessive and certainly aggressive driving is out of the question.

When I lived in Japan for a year, they considered Americans to be professional drivers. LOL! So anyone that rides with me is in safe hands. [;)]

Dina

Date Posted: 15 Sep 2004 at 9:49am
MYCROFTT,

You won't be lonely in that right lane. That's where I am too!! In fact, after this Friday, I MAY not be in a lane at all. THAT is when I get to go to court for going 82 in the HOV. I recently received the "possible punishments" for this reckless ticket from the state in the mail. EVEN THOUGH it is my first ticket in ALL of my driving years, I COULD get my license suspended for 30 days. YUM!!!

The problem with tooling along in the right lane in HOV is all of the left entrances. So the 80 mph-ers get pissed that the oncoming vehicles aren't going 80 mph on their entrance, so they weave around them in the right line ... and then go up MY a** to swerve back into the left lane. The 95/395 HOV design makes it almost impossible to "stay" in a lane and feel like you can consistently maintain the speed limit. Eventually someone will try to bully you.

UGH. ScarletLSG

Date Posted: 15 Sep 2004 at 11:14am
quote:
[br]In rural areas, if speed limits are 55 ... some cars are going 55, some 65+ -- THAT causes the accidents.

ScarletLSG

So using your above statement, when I was traveling from LA to Las Vegas on I-15, I went faster than the speed limit. In fact, I passed many cars on the long journey that were doing below, right at, and above the speed limit. So, according to you, I should have caused an accident. Funny, I didn't....hmmmmm.

Once again, speed itself doesn't kill. It's the idiot behind the wheel that is to blame (I.E. going 100 mph on a snow covered road, what's to blame, the speed, or the idiot for going 100mph on a snow covered road?). I have been on the German Autobahn at speeds over 110mph. Didn't have a crash then, according to you I should have.

I go the speed that traffic allows (up to my comfort level, which is 80mph). I don't weave in and out, I have a safe car (full airbags, stability system, ABS, V-rated tires).

From reading all the posts, I guess we have to agree to disagree on this issue.

Posted By: kdaleb
Date Posted: 15 Sep 2004 at 12:08pm
FWIW, in my car, the speedometer is slightly off. When my speedometer reads 50 mph the vehicle is really going about 4 mph slower. When I'm drive in, my speedometer often stays at about 80 mph, but the actual speed is less than 75 mph.

I think the reason in my vehicle is that the tires are not the same size as the factory originals. I'm sure there are others with a similarly faulty speedometers.

Date Posted: 15 Sep 2004 at 12:26pm
Scottt,

Generally speaking, YES disparate speeds DO cause accidents. No ... YOU haven't had one ... YET. But I would venture to guess that someday you may. The way I view driving in the D.C. Metro area is this: You've either had an accident, caused an accident or are just in the queue to have an accident. I had mine last November.

I was in the right lane, going the speed limit, braked slightly for a merging on-ramp vehicle. Guy going 80 mph in center lane, tried to pace in the right lane, didn't see my brake light and destroyed the back end of my very new car. I figure I'm now in the "had an accident" category.

I'm sure you are a VERY safe driver and that your car has its protective force field in place at all times ... I hope you always remain in the category of "in the queue to have an accident" -- as then you'll be able to maintain your unsafe speeds and holier-than-thou attitude.

ScarletLSG

Date Posted: 15 Sep 2004 at 2:04pm
The speed limit is set for a reason. People should abide by what is set by LAW. If you are going over the limit then you will just have to do so on your own time away from anyone else, preferrably on a race track. I would hazard a guess that when the LAW says travel on the right and pass on the left, it didn't intend for the left hand traffic to be going 20+ miles OVER the limit. Give me a break on the speed issue -- if it won't kill you, it'll kill the person in the other car. Also, it wouldn't hurt for everyone of you out there to remember we are ALL trying to get home to loved ones. (Was an almost victim of a stupid truck swerving from behind me -- would have lost my daughter.)

Date Posted: 15 Sep 2004 at 2:34pm
quote:
[br]Scottt,

Generally speaking, YES disparate speeds DO cause accidents.

ScarletLSG

I am 35, and have been involved in 10 accidents (none my fault) in which I was a driver of one of the cars. Speed was a factor in ZERO of the accidents.

#1 Rear ended in bumper to bumper traffic
#2 Car cut off semi, semi's back trailer flipped and slid into me backwards
#3 Rear ended in bumper to bumper traffic
#4 rear ended in carwash
#5 tow truck backed into me
#6 person rolled back into me at stoplight
#7 bumper ripped from car by improperly mounted parking divider
#8 person turned left into me from non-left turn lane
#9 Rear ended in bumper to bumper traffic
#10 Rear ended in bumper to bumper traffic

#'s 4-9 were all in the same car in a 4 yr period. The others were all different cars each.

So, since I've been speeding for 19 yrs, you'd think (according to you) that I'd be having speed related accidents left and right.

I have seen speed related accidents, but they were because the moron behind the wheel thought they could drive very fast in the rain. Again, not the speed that did it but the idiot behind the wheel. Off all my friends and relatives, none has ever been involved in a speed related accident.

According to your logic, how to you explain this? Guess my force field is working very well.

Date Posted: 15 Sep 2004 at 2:47pm
quote:
Originally posted by Stuck2
[br]The speed limit is set for a reason. People should abide by what is set by LAW.

Really? you might want to visit www.dumblaws.com and other such sites.

Saw this law on a tv show a few years ago:

Since it's a law in PA (don't think they've repealed it yet), I'm sure when you drive there and come to an intersection, you stop your car, wait a set period of time (it was in minutes, but can't remember the specific amount), then get out, wave a red flag, get back in, wait the same amount of time, then get out, wave a lantern, get back in, wait set amount of time, then get out, fire a rifle, get back in and wait set amount of time, then you may proceed.

If you don't, then you are not abiding by the LAW. What you recommend, death by stoning?

And God help you if you have sex in anything other than the missionary position. I'll be by to check.

Seriously tho, the point I'm trying to make is that some laws were good at the time, and maybe not now. I have passed many officers going over the speed limit, why (according to you) did they not pull me over that second? Why, most likely they are looking for the people who are weaving in and out of traffic and doing other unsafe things. Those of us going with the flow of traffic, they leave alone. Now, am I saying that if I get pulled over and get a ticket that the cop is wrong and I'm right? Absolutely not. I'm 100% wrong, and I pay my fine and move on with my life.

Date Posted: 15 Sep 2004 at 7:03pm
Okay, #1, #3,#9, #10 -- all were "Rear ended in bumper to bumper traffic." -- and you state that "Speed was a factor in ZERO of the accidents." My claim is that DISPARATE speed is the cause of accidents. IF you were rear ended then YOU were going slower than the individual that rear ended you, which caused you to have the accident. DISPARATE SPEEDS.

Oh ... I thought you'd agreed to disagree.

ScarletLSG

Date Posted: 16 Sep 2004 at 9:07am
Just think. If everyone traveled at about the posted speed, the amount and seriousness of the accidents would reduce. Can't say they'll all disappear because of human error. But if everyone stepped back and relaxed, then some of the error would disappear. For all of you who do speed, speed is not 100% of the problem; human error is probably 90% but speed maximizes the error. And the cars of today -- going 80+ is a piece of cake. I've looked down and done a double take! It does take a conscious effort to keep to or close to the posted speeds. For the speed demons, save it for the OPEN road--it's not meant for rush hour traffic or heavily populated areas.

Posted By: cedarcitynative
Date Posted: 16 Sep 2004 at 11:38am
It seems to me that none of you are replying on-topic. Your discussion should be moved to another forum dealing with speed limit safety issues.

Date Posted: 16 Sep 2004 at 4:45pm
quote:
[br]Okay, #1, #3,#9, #10 -- all were "Rear ended in bumper to bumper traffic." -- and you state that "Speed was a factor in ZERO of the accidents." My claim is that DISPARATE speed is the cause of accidents. IF you were rear ended then YOU were going slower than the individual that rear ended you, which caused you to have the accident. DISPARATE SPEEDS.

Oh ... I thought you'd agreed to disagree.

ScarletLSG

Don't agree with your use of disparate. I was going zero, they were going 5 mph. Not that much of a difference.

Ok, I've said more than my $0.02. I guess if you stay to the right, and I stay to the left of the road we'll get along fine :-)

Date Posted: 17 Sep 2004 at 8:20am
no.

If idiots who think they are above the law tried to stay below 75 instead of driving 90, swerving in and out of lanes, while talking on the cell phone....

we'd all be better off.

Posted By: USA
Date Posted: 23 Sep 2004 at 2:29pm
quote:
[br]Okay, #1, #3,#9, #10 -- all were "Rear ended in bumper to bumper traffic." -- and you state that "Speed was a factor in ZERO of the accidents." My claim is that DISPARATE speed is the cause of accidents. IF you were rear ended then YOU were going slower than the individual that rear ended you, which caused you to have the accident. DISPARATE SPEEDS.

How does that make speed an issue? I've been rear-ended twice. Both times I was stopped. The first time, in 1999, I was fourth in line at a red light; the light turned green and some dumb woman drove right into the back of me, I guess because I was waiting for the three cars in front of me to move. Last month I got rear-ended (and my car was totaled) when I was stopped in a line of traffic waiting at a red light and some 18-year-old chick wasn't paying attention to where she was going. She was doing the speed limit, too--she was doing 25 mph when she creamed me. Was "disparate speed" the cause of the accidents? No, it was driver inattention.

Posted By: USA
Date Posted: 23 Sep 2004 at 5:03pm
quote:
Originally posted by RoadRunner
[br]USA: Your car was totaled by someone who was doing 25 mph?

I was driving a 1997 Accord and I was stopped; this girl was driving a Volvo 240 station wagon (read: a tank) and was doing 25 and slammed directly into the back of the car. The trunk lid was crumpled, quarter-panel damage, other structural damage. The reason it was totaled is that the repair bill exceeded the book value of the car and insurance would not have fixed it. I probably could have worked out a deal with the insurance carriers, but I didn't because, as much as I loved my car, since it was the second time it had been rear-ended (and this one was some severe damage), I would not have kept the car, and I was able to get more from the insurers than I would have trading it in or selling it.

Posted By: scarygreengiant
Date Posted: 30 Sep 2004 at 9:38pm
quote:
[br]And maybe that's the problem around here. Everyone has too much of a "me-first" mentality that they can't slow their happy butts down to do something resembling the speed limit.

HAHA. I agree COMPLETELY.

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.10 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2017 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net