Print Page | Close Window

Freelance Writer Looking for Interviews

Printed From: Slug-Lines.com
Category: General Slugging Questions and Comments
Forum Name: General Slugging Topics
Forum Description: This is the area for all general slugging comments. To add a comment simply create a new topic or see FAQ for detailed information on how to post comments.
URL: http://www.slug-lines.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=1203
Printed Date: 17 May 2024 at 2:58pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 11.10 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Freelance Writer Looking for Interviews
Posted By: Admin
Subject: Freelance Writer Looking for Interviews
Date Posted: 15 Sep 2004 at 12:56pm
I received the following email yesterday:

I am a freelance writer and I have pitched a story to the Washington Post about slugging in which they have expressed interest. I am looking for a couple of young hip slugs with whom to speak and am wondering if you can point me in the right direction.

Please contact the writer at: kjmoore10@yahoo.com

Replies:
Posted By: Rus
Date Posted: 21 Sep 2004 at 12:34pm
Not interested. Anyone writing an article on slugging and restricting the slugging topic to only wanting to talk to the young and "hip" doesn't sound too swift to me, but thanks for letting us know.

Posted By: Uhura
Date Posted: 22 Sep 2004 at 8:02am
quote:
Originally posted by Admin
[br]I received the following email yesterday:

I am a freelance writer and I have pitched a story to the Washington Post about slugging in which they have expressed interest. I am looking for a couple of young hip slugs with whom to speak and am wondering if you can point me in the right direction.

]

"Young and Hip"???

You're kidding right?

Live Long and Prosper

Posted By: spolastre
Date Posted: 22 Sep 2004 at 3:41pm
quote:
Originally posted by Admin
[br]I received the following email yesterday:

I guess I would consider myself "young and hip." However, I'm not doing it. What does being "young and hip" have to do with slugging? This freelance writer obviously is not a very good freelance writer if he/she is limiting the article to the "young and hip."

Posted By: P8R10TZ
Date Posted: 22 Sep 2004 at 3:42pm
I'm not young and hip....neither are my hips young anymore! [;)]

Posted By: Admin
Date Posted: 23 Sep 2004 at 5:15am
Although I haven't read the article, I believe the intent of the freelance writer was to show that all sorts of people use slugging to commute - yes, even the young and hip. I sort of laughed at that too and told her I probably didn't fall into that category either.

Since slugging doesn't have a budget to advertise or promote this great way to commute, newspaper articles help get the word out.

Posted By: kgirl
Date Posted: 23 Sep 2004 at 8:23am
hey, we're all as young and hip as we feel! i think we should consider ourselves hip just for slugging...saving money and reducing pollution is hip in my book!

Date Posted: 23 Sep 2004 at 9:38am
Kgirl, I couldn't agree with you more.

quote:
Originally posted by kgirl
[br]hey, we're all as young and hip as we feel! i think we should consider ourselves hip just for slugging...saving money and reducing pollution is hip in my book!

Posted By: SJS
Date Posted: 24 Sep 2004 at 1:55pm
Certainly sounds like a "pick-up line" to me. I suggest the freelance writer go to one of the lines and observe the variety of people slugging. We come in all ages, shapes and sizes. May be a real eye opener![;)]

Posted By: Geezehead
Date Posted: 24 Sep 2004 at 3:07pm
All Shapes.....that is no lie....

Date Posted: 27 Sep 2004 at 10:05am
Geezehead,
ouch on the shapes...are you suggesting something? [:0]

Date Posted: 27 Sep 2004 at 10:14am
Indeed - I guess I should have included size as well.....[:D]

Date Posted: 30 Sep 2004 at 4:07pm
Geezehead, that is soooo wrong. haha.

Date Posted: 01 Oct 2004 at 7:32am
Well - There are quite a few 'beautiful' people as well!! [:)]

Date Posted: 01 Oct 2004 at 8:46am
Way to redeem yourself, Geezehead! But, I still feel like now I have to take an extra moment to look all schnazzy for my slug ride [:I]

Posted By: scarygreengiant
Date Posted: 05 Oct 2004 at 10:07am
Ha. I'm young (22) but not hip.

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.10 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2017 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net