Print Page | Close Window

Lorton Morning Lines

Printed From: Slug-Lines.com
Category: General Slugging Questions and Comments
Forum Name: Morning Slug Lines
Forum Description: Enter comments for all slug lines going into the city.
URL: http://www.slug-lines.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=1243
Printed Date: 29 Apr 2024 at 10:53am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 11.10 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Lorton Morning Lines
Posted By: kgirl
Subject: Lorton Morning Lines
Date Posted: 04 Oct 2004 at 9:31am
Is there anyone else out there interested in going from Lorton further into the city than Pentagon? Riders? Drivers? Anyone, anyone, Buehler?

Replies:
Posted By: ventana
Date Posted: 05 Oct 2004 at 7:55am
I would be very interested! Currently I drive to BOBs and slug from there to the Regan Building and back. It would be so convenient to have a line in Lorton that goes into the city.

Date Posted: 05 Oct 2004 at 9:14am
GOOD! So there is interest out there! I currently slug from Bob's to L'enfant and back. Traffic getting to Bob's on 95 is so unpredictable though. Ranges from 5 - 20 minutes...
So, any DRIVERS out there?? Lorton further than the Pentagon??? Reagan, L'enfant, Union Station?

Date Posted: 07 Oct 2004 at 8:45am
Seriously?? No one else??? Come on Lorton folks!! Surely ALL of you don't work at the Pentagon??

Posted By: mikndc
Date Posted: 14 Oct 2004 at 10:18pm
We need one person to slug in with us from Lorton to 1st stop 24th & M, and/or 2nd stop Union Station (or somewhere between those two stops).
quote:
Originally posted by kgirl
[br]Seriously?? No one else??? Come on Lorton folks!! Surely ALL of you don't work at the Pentagon??

Posted By: ventana
Date Posted: 18 Oct 2004 at 11:47am
I have a few people at work here who live in and around lorton...who do not visit this site but have told me that they would be interested in slugging from the shell station or VRE instead of Bobs.....

Date Posted: 18 Oct 2004 at 4:30pm
Great. I'm going to the Shell station in Lorton tomorrow around 7:30a. Hopefully I'll find a rider or two needing to go to the Pentagon and/or near 23rd street. Thanks for the input.

Date Posted: 19 Oct 2004 at 12:37pm
so how is lorton looking for going places other than pentagon?

Date Posted: 19 Oct 2004 at 5:08pm
There was no one waiting for a ride anywhere in the new lot across from the Shell this morning at 7:30a. I waited until 7:45 and then went on to Bob's. My route is over Memorial Bridge to 23rd and L, then East along L to Mass ave. Any numbered cross street along L could be a potential destination. Any takers from the Shell commuter lot?
quote:
[br]so how is lorton looking for going places other than pentagon?

Posted By: Al2slug
Date Posted: 20 Oct 2004 at 7:34am
Can anyone tell me where exactly the slug line forms at the Lorton Shell area? and when it actually starts? Try to find an alternate to drive to VRE site. Thanks

Date Posted: 20 Oct 2004 at 8:35am
mikndc,
do you know what metros are along L? I have to get all the way to Navy Yard, so I usually slug to L'enfant and take Green 2 stops, which is great, 1.35$. But, I guess if I'm not driving to Bob's I can afford a slightly higher metro expense :)

Date Posted: 21 Oct 2004 at 12:59pm
I think Farragut North is the nearest Metro stop, along with Foggy Bottom on the way to 23rd. Probably wouldn't be a better alternative than what you are now doing. :(
quote:
[br]mikndc,
do you know what metros are along L? I have to get all the way to Navy Yard, so I usually slug to L'enfant and take Green 2 stops, which is great, 1.35$. But, I guess if I'm not driving to Bob's I can afford a slightly higher metro expense :)

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.10 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2017 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net