Print Page | Close Window

Rte 3 & Gordon Road

Printed From: Slug-Lines.com
Category: General Slugging Questions and Comments
Forum Name: Morning Slug Lines
Forum Description: Enter comments for all slug lines going into the city.
URL: http://www.slug-lines.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=1303
Printed Date: 28 Apr 2024 at 2:09pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 11.10 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Rte 3 & Gordon Road
Posted By: LOWA1
Subject: Rte 3 & Gordon Road
Date Posted: 22 Oct 2004 at 2:33pm
Is this slug line still active to the Pentagon?

Thanks

Bob

Replies:
Posted By: makinalivin
Date Posted: 22 Oct 2004 at 3:08pm
Absolutey.

Posted By: LOWA1
Date Posted: 25 Oct 2004 at 7:02am
OK thanks! I work 7-4 at GAO and will need to catch a yellow line metro train to Gallery Place from the Pentagon. If I get to the lot at 5:15 AM, how long is the usual commute to the Pentagon?

Thanks

Posted By: SlugNoob
Date Posted: 14 Nov 2004 at 8:26pm
Good question. I'd like to know that as well. Anyone?

Posted By: wahoowa
Date Posted: 02 Mar 2005 at 9:45am
About 50 minutes to 1 hour from Gordon Rd. to the Pentagon if traffic is moving well.

Posted By: mwc99
Date Posted: 10 Mar 2005 at 4:27pm
How about average times for Gordon Rd to 14th Street? I am considering a job up there and am consequently researching commuting options.

Date Posted: 13 Mar 2005 at 8:27pm
You may have trouble finding a ride from Gordon to 14th Street...everyone I've seen there (including me) goes to the Pentagon. It's a quick ride on the Metro Yellow line from the Pentagon into DC.

Date Posted: 14 Mar 2005 at 8:41am
What time does the line to the Pentagon start slowing down in the morning, and how badly does travel time increase as departure time gets later?

Date Posted: 15 Mar 2005 at 2:00am
You mean the line from Gordon Road to the Pentagon? The latest I've arrived there as a driver was at 7:30, two weeks ago, and only one slug showed up after waiting about 10 minutes. So we drove on to the Rt. 17 lot to pick up a third person. After 7:30 you may be out of luck finding a ride.

I usually arrive at Gordon Road between 6:45 and 7:00 and have no problem finding slugs to pick up then. The parking lot is always pretty full by this time, so it seems to me like the peak time for rides at this lot is earlier---maybe around 6?

In my experience, travel time is actually shorter the later it gets. This morning, we left Gordon Road at 6:46 and arrived at the Pentagon exactly at 7:50...the exit ramp was really backed up at 7:50 and it took 5 minutes to drive just a few hundred feet from the exit into the Pentagon dropoff area, while other days when we've arrived there at 8:15 there was much less traffic.

Date Posted: 15 Mar 2005 at 12:17pm
wahoowa - yes, I was talking about Gordon Rd to the Pentagon. Thank you for the information. You have been most helpful. Can you give a little insight into your average trip home to Gordon Rd?

Thanks in advance

Date Posted: 15 Mar 2005 at 7:23pm
Average commute home seems to take longer...about an hour and 15 minutes from the Pentagon to Gordon Rd., if we leave the Pentagon at 5:00. The worst part of the drive, strangely enough, is traffic in Fredericksburg, which is usually crawling on Rt. 3 around 6 p.m. probably because there's both commuter and shopping traffic.

At least with slugs, we get to bypass the mess on 95 and 395. If only there were an HOV lane on Rt. 3 itself, our problems would be solved. [:D]

Posted By: fmaze903
Date Posted: 29 Mar 2005 at 8:11pm
Is there an active slug line to the Tysons Corner area? Thanks.

Jay

Posted By: sluDgE
Date Posted: 30 Mar 2005 at 6:54am
fmaze903,
Don't think so ... probably because there are no HOV lanes on the beltway from S'field to Tysons. And there's no exit from HOV to the beltway at the Mixing Bowl. I think your best alternative is to see if you can find a car pool. [:)]

Keep on sluggin'! [8D]

Date Posted: 30 Mar 2005 at 4:33pm
You could just slug to the Pentagon and then catch a bus to Tysons Corner. This might not be any faster than driving on your own up the regular I-95 lanes and the Beltway, however.

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.10 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2017 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net