Print Page | Close Window

What happened to Uhura?

Printed From: Slug-Lines.com
Category: General Slugging Questions and Comments
Forum Name: General Slugging Topics
Forum Description: This is the area for all general slugging comments. To add a comment simply create a new topic or see FAQ for detailed information on how to post comments.
URL: http://www.slug-lines.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=1496
Printed Date: 16 May 2024 at 7:12am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 11.10 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: What happened to Uhura?
Posted By: getmehome pweeze
Subject: What happened to Uhura?
Date Posted: 26 Jan 2005 at 1:52pm
TOTALLY NOT trying to dig up the well, we'll leave it at that.. but what happened? Is she or he gone?

:'}

Replies:
Posted By: sluDgE
Date Posted: 26 Jan 2005 at 2:44pm
Rumor has it that Scotty beamed her/him up! [;)]

Date Posted: 27 Jan 2005 at 7:33am
uh kay....

Posted By: pplmvrs
Date Posted: 27 Jan 2005 at 3:10pm
what? What does that have to do with the original question??

Posted By: WBSlug7
Date Posted: 28 Jan 2005 at 8:02am
This thread is amusing, I like how topics can switch just from one posting. I too have been wondering where our comic relief Uhura has gone. Even her imposters have faded as well. I only suspect that they all have reincarnated into other names.

Forget Horner Rd, use Potomac Mills!

Posted By: pplmvrs
Date Posted: 28 Jan 2005 at 1:53pm
I was wondering about Uhura also. I am still confused by those two post and what they might have to do with Uhura

Posted By: uhura2
Date Posted: 28 Apr 2005 at 11:22am
quote:
Originally posted by getmehome pweeze
[br]TOTALLY NOT trying to dig up the well, we'll leave it at that.. but what happened? Is she or he gone?

Oh-I am here...I read posts occasionally, & I decided not to comment until now.

Posted By: Undisclosed
Date Posted: 28 Apr 2005 at 11:51am
Asked to leave for obvious reasons. Screen name terminated. Re-registered under multiple new screen names. As usual, digging up old threads. As usual, best to ignore.

(and yes, I have not taken my own advise)

Date Posted: 28 Apr 2005 at 11:55am
Asked to leave for obvious reasons. Screen name terminated. Re-registered under multiple new screen names. As usual, digging up old threads. As usual, best to ignore.

Date Posted: 28 Apr 2005 at 1:11pm
quote:
Originally posted by Undisclosed
[br]Asked to leave for obvious reasons. Screen name terminated. Re-registered under multiple new screen names. As usual, digging up old threads. As usual, best to ignore.

For what "reasons" was I asked to leave--do you even know?

Posted By: carleric
Date Posted: 28 Apr 2005 at 1:55pm
Don't know, don't care. For all I know, you were equal parts victim and perpetrator, or all victim, or whatever. What I do know is that this discussion serves no useful purpose. Can we get back to the purpose of this website, i.e. getting us slugs to and from work in as efficient a manner as possible? I will never understand why anonymous name-calling and/or criticism rankles people. Why does the opinion of someone you don't know and will likely never meet bother anybody?

Date Posted: 28 Apr 2005 at 2:03pm
So your saying that you have never been bothered by someone on this sites comments, or opinions, isn't that why its called a forum? A public meeting place for open discussion.
A medium of open discussion or voicing of ideas, such as a web site.

Date Posted: 28 Apr 2005 at 2:32pm
quote:
[br]So your saying that you have never been bothered by someone on this sites comments, or opinions, isn't that why its called a forum? A public meeting place for open discussion.
A medium of open discussion or voicing of ideas, such as a web site.

...Sure sounds like that's what is being said.

The thing is, we should be able to disagree and even poke fun without someone getting their thongs twisted. Unfortunately, I was targeted by a cybermob who doesn't understand the concepts you just brought up.

People sent emails to me personally, they spoofed the site administrator, they spoofed (& continue to spoof me) and they repeatedly complained to the site administrator about me. I personally asked site admin how I violated the user agreement & he couldn't say. He just said that since "so many people" were complaining about me, I may be banned. Is that alone a good reason?

That is what bugs me: I did not violate the user agreement; however, admin spoofing and harrassing other site users with personal emails are obviously violations. What happened to the folks who participated in that behavior?

Posted By: protocol
Date Posted: 28 Apr 2005 at 3:24pm
Admin, can we get a new folder (maybe call it Off Topic) created for this fascinatingly irrelevant thread?

Date Posted: 28 Apr 2005 at 3:27pm
Uhura, you act like you are entitled to justice, fair treatment, or even an explaination. You're not. This is a private system. We are all guests. The host asked you to leave.

What part of that don't you understand?

Date Posted: 28 Apr 2005 at 3:36pm
I agree with both sides, I myself remember a few heated words with Uhura, but I also remember sticking up for Uhura. AND- I myself requested an "Off Topic" thread a few weeks ago, for the variety of subjects everyone seems to complain that is "off topic". Unfortunately, no one said a word, and the subject dropped. Its a shame too, it was ignored by the same people who complain about going off topic, who da thunk it!?

Date Posted: 28 Apr 2005 at 3:37pm
quote:
Originally posted by Undisclosed
[br]Uhura, you act like you are entitled to justice, fair treatment, or even an explaination. You're not. This is a private system. We are all guests. The host asked you to leave.

What part of that don't you understand?

I think you are absolutely right-no one is entitled to justice or fair treatment. Thanks for your insightful comment.

Date Posted: 28 Apr 2005 at 3:39pm
quote:
[br]I agree with both sides, I myself remember a few heated words with Uhura, but I also remember sticking up for Uhura. AND- I myself requested an "Off Topic" thread a few weeks ago, for the variety of subjects everyone seems to complain that is "off topic". Unfortunately, no one said a word, and the subject dropped. Its a shame too, it was ignored by the same people who complain about going off topic, who da thunk it!?

That's telling-LOL

Date Posted: 28 Apr 2005 at 3:40pm
quote:
[br]I agree with both sides, I myself remember a few heated words with Uhura, but I also remember sticking up for Uhura. AND- I myself requested an "Off Topic" thread a few weeks ago, for the variety of subjects everyone seems to complain that is "off topic". Unfortunately, no one said a word, and the subject dropped. Its a shame too, it was ignored by the same people who complain about going off topic, who da thunk it!?

Getmehome, most well-adjusted adults are able to disagree without becoming disagreeable-or without trying to silence people who do not agree with them...

Date Posted: 28 Apr 2005 at 3:46pm
I love your Alice-in-Wonderland Mad Hatter lingo. Shmardt.

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.10 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2017 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net