Print Page | Close Window

Homeland Security Vehicle on HOV

Printed From: Slug-Lines.com
Category: General Slugging Questions and Comments
Forum Name: General Slugging Topics
Forum Description: This is the area for all general slugging comments. To add a comment simply create a new topic or see FAQ for detailed information on how to post comments.
URL: http://www.slug-lines.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=1838
Printed Date: 29 Apr 2024 at 6:52am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 11.10 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Homeland Security Vehicle on HOV
Posted By: adjguy
Subject: Homeland Security Vehicle on HOV
Date Posted: 07 Jun 2005 at 6:14pm
Question for the masses:

I noticed a Department of Homeland Security tagged vehicle riding south on HOV this afternoon at about 4pm. Driver was only person in car. He was driving a large Ford Expedition, no emergency lights or anything.

Are DHS vehicles allowed to ride with one person?

Replies:
Posted By: Baz
Date Posted: 07 Jun 2005 at 7:21pm
I was the driver of that vehicle sir. I am not allowed to disseminate that information at this time due to security reasons. Please contact the Homeland Security Admin office for further information. This thread will destruct in 10 minutes.

Posted By: carleric
Date Posted: 08 Jun 2005 at 7:54am
I suppose it falls within the "law enforcement" exemption?

Posted By: scottt
Date Posted: 08 Jun 2005 at 8:43am
Call DHS and report it.

Posted By: stewart
Date Posted: 08 Jun 2005 at 9:42am
I know someone who has a DOJ car and can ride in HOV lanes. From what she tells me, all Federal government cars can ride HOV. Typical Feds--exempt themselves from laws that cover everyone else.

Posted By: vabigblue
Date Posted: 08 Jun 2005 at 10:45am
Someone must have an agreement with law enforcement in this area because you never see any of these vehicles pulled over. Did the tags designate "Homeland Security"?

Posted By: tangelo53
Date Posted: 08 Jun 2005 at 11:26am
my husband works for DHS, and he said that the "known rule" is to only use HOV in emergencies and not to take advantage--hence the need for the blue light!! obviously people are taking advantage!! as you can tell by HOV, not too many do from HDS do abuse this rule. that drives me crazy! i can totally understand if it was an emergency and they were securing our homeland, but come on......

quote:
Originally posted by vabigblue
[br]Someone must have an agreement with law enforcement in this area because you never see any of these vehicles pulled over. Did the tags designate "Homeland Security"?

Posted By: adjguy
Date Posted: 08 Jun 2005 at 5:57pm
quote:
Originally posted by vabigblue
[br]Someone must have an agreement with law enforcement in this area because you never see any of these vehicles pulled over. Did the tags designate "Homeland Security"?

Vabigblue:

I did notice the tags designated as DHS. One of their black SUV's. Guy was smokeing in vehicle as well. Just kind of erked me a little. No emergency lights or anything, just a regular government vehicle.

Posted By: getmehome pweeze
Date Posted: 09 Jun 2005 at 10:33am
"Typical Feds--exempt themselves from laws that cover everyone else." Hey now, does that mean that I can stick my govt. ID badge on the back of my car and ride solo???

:'}

Posted By: mroyal
Date Posted: 09 Jun 2005 at 10:53am
There are several "law enforcement" components of DHS (Secret Service, TSA, Customs, Border Patrol.) Most of them (notably the Secret Service) have blue bubbles on their dash, (even on POVs) and use the HOV perk as well as parking in government only spaces.

Kindest Regards,

mroyal

Posted By: VA4ver
Date Posted: 09 Jun 2005 at 1:40pm
No, they'll just tailgate you trying to get you out of their "official" way. (Watched a circus of "official" vehicles cut people off, swerve in an out, tailgate, etc. last night. Quite a show.)

Posted By: mroyal
Date Posted: 09 Jun 2005 at 2:11pm
Not to mention them driving in the break-down lanes pretending to respond to an accident ahead only to drive right by it. That irks me more that anything else on HOV.

Kindest Regards,

mroyal

edit: Oh, I guess I did mention it

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.10 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2017 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net