Print Page | Close Window

Rt. 3 Gordon Rd - sick and tired

Printed From: Slug-Lines.com
Category: General Slugging Questions and Comments
Forum Name: General Slugging Topics
Forum Description: This is the area for all general slugging comments. To add a comment simply create a new topic or see FAQ for detailed information on how to post comments.
URL: http://www.slug-lines.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=198
Printed Date: 18 May 2024 at 7:26pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 11.10 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Rt. 3 Gordon Rd - sick and tired
Posted By: freakytdp
Subject: Rt. 3 Gordon Rd - sick and tired
Date Posted: 22 Aug 2002 at 7:58am
There has been a big concern with a slugger from here. I have heard so many people complain about this one woman...including myself. How do you handle a situation where one person is scaring off drivers from this slug line? The personal hygiene is very unbearable (and I'm being mild). I am too nice, most times, but I'm getting to the point where I'm not going to let this woman run my life b/c I won't turn her down. I do not want to ride with her, nor do I want her to ride in my car. I have seen so many drivers turn around in the morning and leave just to go to Rt. 17 to avoid picking her up...is anyone else running into this situation? It took too long to start the Rt. 3 slug line that I do not want one person to ruin it for everyone else....any thoughts?

Replies:
Posted By: lordscarlet
Date Posted: 22 Aug 2002 at 8:14am
see my post here http://slug-lines.com/forum/topic.asp?whichpage=4&ARCHIVEVIEW=&TOPIC_ID=207

you're not the only one. from what I have heard she was alread removed from the bus and 2 van pools. i feel it is becoming incredibly detrimental to the RT 3 slugline and more than one rider is ready to say something to her in an attempt to save the line.

Posted By: Johnny H.
Date Posted: 22 Aug 2002 at 8:30am
Hey, I did not see this message earlier. I posted one in the morning slug line section of this board. I know what your talking about and I dont really know what to do about it, other than for drivers to tell her she is not welcome in their car. We need to convince the drivers to come back somehow or convince (her) to move some where else (17) perhaps.... ;-)

take care,
JH

Edited by - Johnny H. on 22 Aug 2002 08:31:51

Posted By: Bwneyd
Date Posted: 22 Aug 2002 at 8:49am
I am also a rider of the Rt. 3 line and I have decided that I am willing to say something to her if people will give suggestions on what and how I should say it. I am not going to let someone like her ruin the slug line for everyone else. I am fed up with her "scaring" all the drivers away and am ready to do something about it!

Lesley McAlpin

Edited by - Bwneyd on 22 Aug 2002 09:03:06

Posted By: kortegel
Date Posted: 22 Aug 2002 at 9:19am
Whatever you do don't tell her to go to Route 17...PLEASE! Give her a gift basket full of deodorant and soap.

K.O.

BTW...what is her destination that she goes to? If she goes to Pentagon that would be fine...because then maybe we can get more drivers going to L'Enfant

Edited by - kortegel on 22 Aug 2002 09:21:10

Date Posted: 22 Aug 2002 at 9:30am
The Pentagon. I have also heard that drivers will wait in the parking lot in the afternoon until she has been picked up.

Date Posted: 22 Aug 2002 at 10:21am
She actually goes to Roslyn, but she will go to pentagon and catch the DoD bus......ok how about 610 lot if not 17....

Date Posted: 22 Aug 2002 at 10:25am
Yeah! That's a great idea...send her to 610...from what I hear those people are all rude pricks so they deserve her.

K.O.

Date Posted: 22 Aug 2002 at 10:50am
"Stink Up" confession....I acutally did start to do something about it. I wrote a big bold letter, describing her problem...and asking her to leave the slug line b/c she was scaring away drivers and ruining the sluggers line. I put the note on her windshield yesterday. But as you may already know, her van was there again this morning. I guess it really didn't help...and she DIDN'T get a clue. I think more people should be a little more vocal so she does get the point.

Posted By: Bob
Date Posted: 22 Aug 2002 at 10:56am
If you don't want to confront her, leave a note on her car.

If that doesn't work, either speak with her or give her a copy of
this message board.

I'm afraid the slugs will eventually end up having to say something.
It's very awkward for drivers to prohibit someone from riding.

Date Posted: 22 Aug 2002 at 11:21am
As you saw from the previous message, someone apparently did try to leave a note. Maybe 15 notes would help? :)

And for someone who has already been removed from a bus and 2 vanpools, will talking to her do any good?

Edited by - lordscarlet on 22 Aug 2002 11:24:42

Date Posted: 22 Aug 2002 at 12:55pm
What would really help is if the drivers would continue to come and just refuse to take her...then she will have no other choice but to go elsewhere. I driver every other Friday and you better believe that if I pull up and she is next in line I will tell her not to get in my car.

Lesley McAlpin

Posted By: dambam
Date Posted: 22 Aug 2002 at 2:26pm
Good News for the Rt 3 slug line...I was told by a slug yesterday that the lady in question will be on vacation for the next two weeks. So we all have a short reprieve!! I also heard that she should be retiring sometime in the next year (not soon enough for me!). After having her ride in my car a few times, I decided the odor was totally untolerable, especially for an hour! One morning she was first in line, so I went to get gas at 7/11. She was still there so I waited on the road coming out of 7/11 for about 5 minutes, then decided to give up and go pick up a slug from Rt 17. I got to thinking about it and decided I was going to let a stranger dictate my life, so the next morning when she tried to get in my car I told her I was not going to the Pentagon. She hasn't tried to get in my car since. I agree we can not let this one individual drive away slugs/drivers. Thank you to the person that put the note on her car.

Date Posted: 22 Aug 2002 at 3:23pm
Hopefully with her on vacation the line will pick back up and we can devise a plan while she is gone to get rid of her!

Lesley McAlpin

Edited by - bwneyd on 22 Aug 2002 15:24:26

Date Posted: 22 Aug 2002 at 3:25pm
The thing that has me baffled is -- how do her coworkers tolerate it? You folks down on Rt. 3 spend an hour with her...imagine spending eight each day!

K.O.

Date Posted: 22 Aug 2002 at 3:30pm
She's probably a government worker.

Posted By: TKest
Date Posted: 23 Aug 2002 at 8:07am
Can someone describe this woman to me? I just recently started going to Rt. 3 and I want to be prepared when I drive up. As someone else said earlier, the key is for the drivers not to allow her in their cars. We don't have to be brutal about it. For those of us who can deal with it, it would be a simple "Lady, I'm sorry, but until you improve your hygiene, you cannot ride in my car." If enough drivers do that, she will be forced to either clean up her act or go elsewhere where those folks should do the same thing. For those of us who can't quite muster the courage a simple - "Sorry, I'm not going to the Pentagon." The "clean" slug who gets in should help the driver out by getting another Pentagon driver. That is ridiculous for drivers to be waiting until she gets picked up. I for one, don't have that kind of time.

Posted By: mycroftt
Date Posted: 23 Aug 2002 at 8:20am
Hey Kortegel, waddayamean all the 610 slugs are rude pricks so we deserve the B.O. queen? If you lived in a civilized area like Stafford rather than in the woods you wouldn't run into people who have no concept of personal hygiene. Buncha hillbillies...

Mike =:o

Date Posted: 23 Aug 2002 at 8:29am
quote:

Can someone describe this woman to me? I just recently started going to Rt. 3 and I want to be prepared when I drive up. As someone else said earlier, the key is for the drivers not to allow her in their cars. We don't have to be brutal about it. For those of us who can deal with it, it would be a simple "Lady, I'm sorry, but until you improve your hygiene, you cannot ride in my car." If enough drivers do that, she will be forced to either clean up her act or go elsewhere where those folks should do the same thing. For those of us who can't quite muster the courage a simple - "Sorry, I'm not going to the Pentagon." The "clean" slug who gets in should help the driver out by getting another Pentagon driver. That is ridiculous for drivers to be waiting until she gets picked up. I for one, don't have that kind of time.

#1 it's early int he morning (between about 5:15 and 6:00) and when you see her you'll know. She is also rather overweight.

#2 We slugs don't have that kind of time either, but there's not a lot we can do about it -- it will ultimately be up to the drivers, and most of them would rather drive to RT 17 than refuse someone a ride.

Date Posted: 23 Aug 2002 at 12:52pm
When she was kicked out the van pools and off the bus, the reason given to her was that she stunk. She didn't believe them, so she asked her coworkers (can you believe the discussions that I have had with her and found out so much about her). Her coworkers told her that she didn't stink. HUH! What in the h**l is wrong with them?

By the way, she is an operator dispatch for the Pentagon in Rosslyn.

Date Posted: 23 Aug 2002 at 3:47pm
She's never really attempted to talk to me. I think she doesn't care for me much for some reason. She was also discussing that she thinks she knows who wrote the note, and indicated they were female (i only overheard a very small portion of the conversation), but i don't know whos he thinks wrote it. i just heard something to the effect of "i think she's the one that didn't but there's no way for me to know for sure".

Posted By: tdar20
Date Posted: 26 Aug 2002 at 2:47pm
I suppose you could always hang an air freshner around her neck!! Thanks for the heads up on this one, will have to keep a sharp eye and nose out for her!

Posted By: gg
Date Posted: 27 Aug 2002 at 11:17pm
I've read the posts and I think it's kind of funny. However, if this woman was on my route, then, I can see myself being perturbed. She must have some kind of problem with her sense of smell. If her co-workers say she doesn't smell bad then they are either cowards, or maybe they've grown accustom to the smell, like when you're on a farm, you get used to the smell of manure. She is probably a decent person that needs correction. Someone, with no animosity, should speak to her directly about the problem.

gg

Posted By: CAR
Date Posted: 28 Aug 2002 at 7:57am
I just heard of this woman yesterday on my slug ride home to Rt 3. I have to say if I ended up getting stuck with her she would not be a happy camper. My suggestion is have a co-worker (if anyone knows her or works with her) send her this link by e-mail. Once she reads that several sluggers and drivers know that she smells she might take corrective action. The other option is to just proceed as normal in the morning and if she's next in line decline her the ride due to her odor. If she is confronted with this problem in public (in the slug line) and other people not only hear it but get rides before her she might fix her problem. Worst thing that could happen is she finds another lot or stands at Rt 3 looking stupid waiting for a ride that won't happen.

Remember it's YOUR CAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Date Posted: 28 Aug 2002 at 9:01am
quote:

Hey Kortegel, waddayamean all the 610 slugs are rude pricks so we deserve the B.O. queen? If you lived in a civilized area like Stafford rather than in the woods you wouldn't run into people who have no concept of personal hygiene. Buncha hillbillies...

Mike =:o

Well, I think that Fredericksburg (where I live, as opposed to "the woods" as you call it) is a far better example of a civilized population than Stafford, which is nothing more than an urban sprawl area for folks who have Washington, DC taste but live on a Richmond, VA budget.

I classify Route 610ers as rude because I hear complaint after complaint about the lack of common courtesy that folks from there exhibit. Would it kill some of you to utter a "hello" or a "thank you" when slugging? Those are the kinds of things that I hear most about. Stafford folks can act all uppity all they want, but they're closer to "in the woods" places (as you call them) like Rippon and Dumfries than I am!

K.O.

Date Posted: 28 Aug 2002 at 12:58pm
Remember it's your car!!!!!!!!! You don't have to pick her up.

Date Posted: 30 Aug 2002 at 10:35am
CAR: Not all drivers are that brave. They'd rather take the trip up to RT 17. Most of the people posting here are riders because we're the ones being punished by it.

on a side note: she has been off this week and getting rides has been very quick and easy.

Date Posted: 31 Aug 2002 at 8:58am
quote:

Well, I think that Fredericksburg (where I live, as opposed to "the woods" as you call it) is a far better example of a civilized population than Stafford, which is nothing more than an urban sprawl area for folks who have Washington, DC taste but live on a Richmond, VA budget.

I classify Route 610ers as rude because I hear complaint after complaint about the lack of common courtesy that folks from there exhibit. Would it kill some of you to utter a "hello" or a "thank you" when slugging? Those are the kinds of things that I hear most about. Stafford folks can act all uppity all they want, but they're closer to "in the woods" places (as you call them) like Rippon and Dumfries than I am!

K.O.

BWAHAHAHAHA! At least we aren't a bunch of pretentious bigots painting others with the broad brush of rudeness based solely on what we have "heard". I slug to and from 610 every day and never have witnessed the type of rudeness you describe. You know what? I think I am more of an authority on 610 slugs than you, in fact I think you are completely full of crap. Furthermore, I have "heard" that Rte 3 slugs "stink". Now I know why.

Mike

Date Posted: 05 Sep 2002 at 10:41am

Lordscarlet,

I totally understand. I guess I weigh the factors of being held captive in my own car by an odor -vs- fixing the problem by removing it. I haven't seen her this week, has anyone?

CAR: Not all drivers are that brave. They'd rather take the trip up to RT 17. Most of the people posting here are riders because we're the ones being punished by it.

on a side note: she has been off this week and getting rides has been very quick and easy.

Date Posted: 06 Sep 2002 at 9:40am
quote:

Lordscarlet,

I totally understand. I guess I weigh the factors of being held captive in my own car by an odor -vs- fixing the problem by removing it. I haven't seen her this week, has anyone?

She is on vacation

Date Posted: 11 Sep 2002 at 11:53am
My fiance and I were in line this morning and someone drove up, stopped for a minute and then went and parked. About a minute later she pulled up to the line, rolled down her window and said 3 for the Pentagon but looked right at the lady and said, "but I am not taking you" It was so great! We just need more people to be bold like her and refuse to take her..then maybe she will get the hint! I am driving on Friday and if I am in the same situation where she is next in line I will do that same thing!

Lesley McAlpin

Posted By: tondalea
Date Posted: 11 Sep 2002 at 3:31pm
I dont even slug from Rt. 3, but found this topic too funny. I too would have to say that it is up the driver to turn her down. I drive about once a week and if there was someone known for something like this at 17 I would defintely do the same and turn them down. It is your car. I am at the Pentagon everyday and can't wait until I figure out who you guys are talking about. As far as the 610 v. 3 thing going on. You two are grown folks and should really be passed the name calling and insults. Give me a break. Havent we learned anything from 911. Country and City folks, executives and those making minimum wage died together. Didnt matter where you were from or how much money you made.

Posted By: emmancilla
Date Posted: 11 Sep 2002 at 3:46pm
You have been so nice with her. You should refuse her when you see her and she will have no option but to take a shower every day.

You are not obligated to take her. Read the rules of slugging.

Posted By: emmancilla
Date Posted: 11 Sep 2002 at 3:50pm
You have been so nice with her. You should refuse her when you see her and she will have no option but to take a shower every day.

You are not obligated to take her. Read the rules of slugging.

Posted By: makinalivin
Date Posted: 12 Sep 2002 at 1:55pm
Sheeeee's Baaaaaack! This morning I was runing late, so I decided to drive with my wife and pick up from Gordon Road. To my surprise, she was once again at the head of the line (a long line at that) at a time when she should have been long gone.

My wife would have left and filed for divorce if I'd of made her ride to DC with this women. So I pulled over to gain my composure and let this lady know she's not welcome in my car anymore. I noticed that three individuals behind her left the line and apparently drove themselves. I'm curious to know how long they waited for a ride. Luckily some unlucky person pulled ahead of me and she jumped in (well got in).

The last time I picked her up, she asked me to put her seatbealt on for her. WOW! Some people just don't get it. I believe this situation is so bad that if she drove, no one would go with her. Sorry to vent, I just hate seeing a good slug line get screwed up.

Posted By: USA
Date Posted: 12 Sep 2002 at 5:32pm
You didn't finish the story--if you witnessed this much, how did she react?

(I don't live anywhere near Rte. 3 but I find this whole discussion intriguing...and it's always possible that on a Friday afternoon I may pick up Rte. 3 slugs on my way south.)

quote:

My fiance and I were in line this morning and someone drove up, stopped for a minute and then went and parked. About a minute later she pulled up to the line, rolled down her window and said 3 for the Pentagon but looked right at the lady and said, "but I am not taking you" It was so great! We just need more people to be bold like her and refuse to take her..then maybe she will get the hint! I am driving on Friday and if I am in the same situation where she is next in line I will do that same thing!

Lesley McAlpin

Date Posted: 16 Sep 2002 at 7:42am
quote:

Sheeeee's Baaaaaack! This morning I was runing late, so I decided to drive with my wife and pick up from Gordon Road. To my surprise, she was once again at the head of the line (a long line at that) at a time when she should have been long gone.

My wife would have left and filed for divorce if I'd of made her ride to DC with this women. So I pulled over to gain my composure and let this lady know she's not welcome in my car anymore. I noticed that three individuals behind her left the line and apparently drove themselves. I'm curious to know how long they waited for a ride. Luckily some unlucky person pulled ahead of me and she jumped in (well got in).

The last time I picked her up, she asked me to put her seatbealt on for her. WOW! Some people just don't get it. I believe this situation is so bad that if she drove, no one would go with her. Sorry to vent, I just hate seeing a good slug line get screwed up.

I do believe that was us you saw walking away.. If so, we got there at about 5:15 and when NO ONE showed up (except the previously mentioned woman that had refused her the day before) by 5:55 we had to go.. we asked the guy in line behind us to go with us, and as we were walking away she said "Can I come too?" and I said "I don't think we have room." Which we didn't.

Date Posted: 16 Sep 2002 at 10:20am
quote:

(I don't live anywhere near Rte. 3 but I find this whole discussion intriguing...and it's always possible that on a Friday afternoon I may pick up Rte. 3 slugs on my way south.)

quote:

Lesley McAlpin

Date Posted: 16 Sep 2002 at 10:21am
quote:

quote:

Lesley McAlpin

Date Posted: 16 Sep 2002 at 12:06pm

BWAHAHAHAHA! At least we aren't a bunch of pretentious bigots painting others with the broad brush of rudeness based solely on what we have "heard". I slug to and from 610 every day and never have witnessed the type of rudeness you describe. You know what? I think I am more of an authority on 610 slugs than you, in fact I think you are completely full of crap. Furthermore, I have "heard" that Rte 3 slugs "stink". Now I know why.

Mike

I don't slug from route 3 either. My opinion is based on the fact that I have had DIRECT dealings with one (now two -- you) slug from Rt. 610. I agree with a previous post about the whole 9/11 stuff. This is WAY too stupid to go back and forth about.

K.O.

Posted By: RyeZingSon
Date Posted: 17 Sep 2002 at 5:58pm
I got in the Rte 3 line today at the Pentagon and she was the first in line. This was about 3:50pm. The line was about 6 deep and nobody seemed to notice or care that she was there. The first car that came to the line picked her right up along with 2 other passengers. I am sure it was the ride from hell. However the bottom line is, as long as people keep picking her up and taking her home, this isn't going to stop. Somehow everyone has to ban together to refuse her. Easier said than done.

Can I move the seat?

Date Posted: 18 Sep 2002 at 10:03am
quote:

I don't slug from route 3 either. My opinion is based on the fact that I have had DIRECT dealings with one (now two -- you) slug from Rt. 610. I agree with a previous post about the whole 9/11 stuff. This is WAY too stupid to go back and forth about.

K.O.

Agreed, K.O. Flame wars can be fun if they're not too serious but should never be allowed to upset others or interfere with the stated purpose of the board.

Peace.

Mike

Date Posted: 18 Sep 2002 at 11:37am
Yes, she's back in force. Until this week I had only heard about her. I actually realized who she was two days ago. I noticed longer than usual lines at Gordon Rd and also at the Pentagon Rt3 sign (not sure if she was the cause) then I noticed her in the front of the lines and put 2 and 2 together. I will say that she really does smell bad. I was 4 deep in the Pentagon line, a car pulled up and took three, when I took the spot next to the sign where she was standing *****OH MY LORD*****. There is absolutely no way in the world that I would ride in the same car with her. She had a problem getting her seat belt hooked when she jumped in the front seat. I'm sure she is aware now that drivers are learning who she is. When they stop she jumps in. She will definitely ruin the Rt3 Slug line. If I drive I will never pick her up and as long as the smell hung around the Rt3 sign after she left, you would never get that out of your car. ATTENTION ALL DRIVERS DO NOT PICK HER UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!REFUSE HER THE RIDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted By: shelbybrynn
Date Posted: 18 Sep 2002 at 12:15pm
This is such a mean spirited conversation. I too would hate to ride with her if she smelled that bad but instead of being mean to her someone should take her aside and talk to her tactfully and nicely. People don't have to be mean to get their point across. The drivers do have the right to not give her a ride though just as riders have the right to not ride with drivers if they have some issues. Please just try to approach the situation nicely and remember to treat each other well...

Tisa Shillingburg

Posted By: KatieM
Date Posted: 18 Sep 2002 at 1:09pm
O.K. That's IT! My curiosity's got the best of me. I'm going out to the Pentagon line this afternoon and hide out behind some cars and lay in wait for this woman. I'm sure that I'll know who she is when she shows up in line from the obesity descriptions. Then I'm going to walk past her as if I'm just going to the end of the line. I just HAVE to experience what you all have been talking about for so long. I will then report back to you my findings, in detail.

Date Posted: 18 Sep 2002 at 1:31pm
About what time is she usually seen in the Rt. 3 afternoon line? I just happen to need to slug home tonight via Rt. 17 and would like to know if I will be graced with her prescence or not.

K.O.

Posted By: KatieM
Date Posted: 18 Sep 2002 at 2:18pm
K.O. I thought I read that she had been standing in line at 3:50 somewhere in these postings. I'd venture to guess she gets off at 3:00 or 3:30 if she has to take a bus or train over from Rosslyn, where I (again) think I remember reading she works.

Posted By: tondalea
Date Posted: 18 Sep 2002 at 4:11pm
That is way too early for me. Guess that's why I cant figure out who you guys are talking about. I dont slug from rt. 3 either, but my curiosity is getting the best of me.

Date Posted: 19 Sep 2002 at 7:44am

K.O. I thought I read that she had been standing in line at 3:50 somewhere in these postings. I'd venture to guess she gets off at 3:00 or 3:30 if she has to take a bus or train over from Rosslyn, where I (again) think I remember reading she works.

KatieM

KatieM

She get's in line at the Pentagon around 3:50 and is usually the first person in line at the Gordon Road sign. She is about 5'5 and very heavy but I will say she dresses in baggy clothes. When I first saw her I wasn't sure it was her. Just walk up to the Rt 3 sign next to her an inhale. I didn’t see her in the Rt 3 line this morning (0545) though.

Date Posted: 19 Sep 2002 at 11:28am
Car

You would not have seen her. She got picked up at about 0525. I had the luck to ride with her this morning. I have to say, I actually noticed the oder this time. It penetrated my stuffed up nose, when I got to the Pentagon my face was frozen from keeping it in the air conditioning breeze. Other than that it was a pleasant trip.

JH

Date Posted: 19 Sep 2002 at 12:09pm
JH,
In a wierd way be thankful your nose was stuffed up. Did the driver say anything?
Car

You would not have seen her. She got picked up at about 0525. I had the luck to ride with her this morning. I have to say, I actually noticed the oder this time. It penetrated my stuffed up nose, when I got to the Pentagon my face was frozen from keeping it in the air conditioning breeze. Other than that it was a pleasant trip.

JH

Date Posted: 25 Sep 2002 at 9:43am
CAR,

No the driver did not say anything, he was actually pretty friendly and seemed to know her from previous trips.

JH

Posted By: thirdbag
Date Posted: 08 Oct 2002 at 4:21pm
I rode with her a couple weeks ago and I will NEVER let her in my car nor ride in a car she takes. I actually stood at the newspaper boxes at the Pentagon one day for 20 minutes so I didn't have to ride with her. I almost puked the first time I rode home with her, and had to kiss the air conditioning vent on the ride home. She snuck up on me the first time, got into the back seat, and when I got in the front seat I immediately knew it was her. I almost started laughing, then feeling nauseated, then just trying not to launch my lunch.

I have only seen her once in the last three weeks. So maybe it is working, good job everyone.

thirdbag

Posted By: karmapolice
Date Posted: 23 Sep 2003 at 3:24pm
quote:
Originally posted by thirdbag
[br]I rode with her a couple weeks ago and I will NEVER let her in my car nor ride in a car she takes. I actually stood at the newspaper boxes at the Pentagon one day for 20 minutes so I didn't have to ride with her. I almost puked the first time I rode home with her, and had to kiss the air conditioning vent on the ride home. She snuck up on me the first time, got into the back seat, and when I got in the front seat I immediately knew it was her. I almost started laughing, then feeling nauseated, then just trying not to launch my lunch.

I have only seen her once in the last three weeks. So maybe it is working, good job everyone.

thirdbag

Excuse me while I finish laughing my fannie off. Phew! Any word on this woman?

Posted By: jordab
Date Posted: 01 Oct 2003 at 3:09pm
I'm intending to begin picking up at Route 3 on Oct. 2, and I'm hoping to avoid getting this passenger. How do I know -- before it's too late -- it's her in order to avoid her? BTW, I'll be picking up at around 6:45-7 a.m. for a Springfield drop-off.

Posted By: SJS
Date Posted: 03 Oct 2003 at 11:38am
quote:
Originally posted by freakytdp
[br]There has been a big concern with a slugger from here. I have heard so many people complain about this one woman...including myself. How do you handle a situation where one person is scaring off drivers from this slug line? The personal hygiene is very unbearable (and I'm being mild). I am too nice, most times, but I'm getting to the point where I'm not going to let this woman run my life b/c I won't turn her down. I do not want to ride with her, nor do I want her to ride in my car. I have seen so many drivers turn around in the morning and leave just to go to Rt. 17 to avoid picking her up...is anyone else running into this situation? It took too long to start the Rt. 3 slug line that I do not want one person to ruin it for everyone else....any thoughts?

Since these posting are 2002, is there any current info on this slug? Is she still slugging from Rt 3? Has she cleaned up her act?

Posted By: yocho
Date Posted: 03 Oct 2003 at 6:58pm
I found this whole discussion to be very mean-hearted because I never met this individual. However, as I read on, the discussion became humorous in nature. After I finished the third and final page of the forum discussion, I found this lady to be very inspirational. Here's why: I thought, if one individual such as her can affect a large slugging system, then each of us, even though we are only one person, can affect a large corporation. I guess we just have to choose whether we'll cause a positive or negative change. Just my thoughts....but still I wish you guys wouldn't be so mean to her. Have you guys ever thought that the smell could be a natural odor of hers because of a rare physical condition?

I was also dissapointed that out of all the people who wrote about the stink lady never bothered to describe what the smell, smells like. Could someone be kind enough to do that please?

-Thanks [:o)]

Date Posted: 06 Oct 2003 at 9:18am
Just to let you know, I had to put her seat belt on one time because she was too heavy to do it herself. Now I'm not a mean person, nor do I have problems with odors. But if you must know, I slug and so does my wife, and we have other female friends that have stood or rode with this lady and they said it was no more than total lack of female personal hygiene. This lady has since retired and no longer commutes to DC (at least I’m not aware of it).

This might all seem mean spirited but I assure you it’s not. This lady was told politely many times she needed to do something and she stated that people were making it up because she had asked her co-workers if she smelled. They’d tell her no. You could look at her and tell she needed to shower. Read this string and you’ll find out she was kicked out of van pools, told not to return on the bus, and think about it, the last thing you want to do in the evening is wait on slugs to get home. I’ve watched people circle the P-gon parking lot with this lady at the head of the line and 20 people behind her. Drivers would circle until an unsuspecting one got her. Then the other slugs would cheer and cars would come out of the woodwork to pick up the others.

She smelled horribly. Believe it.

Originally posted by yocho
[br]I found this whole discussion to be very mean-hearted because I never met this individual. However, as I read on, the discussion became humorous in nature. After I finished the third and final page of the forum discussion, I found this lady to be very inspirational. Here's why: I thought, if one individual such as her can affect a large slugging system, then each of us, even though we are only one person, can affect a large corporation. I guess we just have to choose whether we'll cause a positive or negative change. Just my thoughts....but still I wish you guys wouldn't be so mean to her. Have you guys ever thought that the smell could be a natural odor of hers because of a rare physical condition?

I was also dissapointed that out of all the people who wrote about the stink lady never bothered to describe what the smell, smells like. Could someone be kind enough to do that please?

-Thanks [:o)]

Posted By: Cas
Date Posted: 06 Oct 2003 at 11:44am
yocho: I agree with makinalivin. In an older string, people were discussing how to kindly approach the woman and that did not work. Consider that this woman is the one who IS NOT being considerate of others. Being in a car for any length of time with someone with bad personal hygiene, even after being told directly that she has a problem, is dismissing the concern that was presented to her, and that is the comfort (to put it mildly) of others. She dismissed it by saying that her co-workers said she did not have a problem. Whether the co-workers did or did not confirm is irrelevant because plenty of others approached her. She was not embarrassed to continue slugging after being approached because she didn't care.

Posted By: NoNo
Date Posted: 06 Oct 2003 at 2:51pm
*Is grateful and relieved that I don't get to RT 3 or the Pentagon until after she has left*

There is no way in hell that I would reamin on a long line wwatching people drive away because of one person. [}:)]

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.10 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2017 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net