Print Page | Close Window

Justice - Re: Vandal

Printed From: Slug-Lines.com
Category: General Slugging Questions and Comments
Forum Name: General Slugging Topics
Forum Description: This is the area for all general slugging comments. To add a comment simply create a new topic or see FAQ for detailed information on how to post comments.
URL: http://www.slug-lines.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=2022
Printed Date: 30 Apr 2024 at 9:16am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 11.10 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Justice - Re: Vandal
Posted By: POedDriver
Subject: Justice - Re: Vandal
Date Posted: 01 Aug 2005 at 9:18am
This story is a figment of your imagination. Go on with your lives.

Thank you.

Replies:
Posted By: emancilla
Date Posted: 01 Aug 2005 at 9:24am
Lack of help? Maybe there wasn't any email with info but some folks gave you much smarter advise that you really needed at that time.
I'm sorry that it took only one bad person to change your view of the slugging community and will say good riddance to you too.

Date Posted: 01 Aug 2005 at 9:35am
-"Have you considered arriving early to the 610 lot today to potentially identify your slug?"
-"If you were to identify the person, perhaps it would be best if you did not confront him."
-"If you do find the person, get a camera and shoot a PHOTO -- not a bullet. Post the picture here and let us know. Perhaps the photo wil spark a memory of others who may have had the same done to them. Perhaps it will support your case. Since your identity is covered by your "nom du guerre" as well as a Yahoo! address, you have little to loose by sharing the photo."

These are some.

Posted By: N_or_S_bound
Date Posted: 01 Aug 2005 at 9:38am
If you said good-bye, why are you still here?

The potential for help existed here, sorry no one was able to meet your needs. Of course, one must wonder still, how involved does one get that they're unaware of what the person behind them in the car is doing?

Enjoy your commute alone. Your own company will be much better I'm sure and you'll have even more time to enjoy it.

It's not the things that happen to us in life, it's how we choose to respond to those things.

NoSb

SOV because you can, HOV because you care!

Posted By: carleric
Date Posted: 01 Aug 2005 at 9:41am
"not a single e-mail with info"
Sorry we couldn't help you. What kind of info were you expecting? This had clearly not happened to any of us before - or, if it had, the victim had no idea who did it.
I understand you're frustrated but that is obviously not our fault.

Despite your terrible experience, this system works ridiculously well.

Posted By: shahedC
Date Posted: 01 Aug 2005 at 9:46am
It seemed like POedDriver was determined to put down the slugs on this board and refuse to admit that any of the advice that was provided was of any use. After all, the name "POedDriver" was created for sole purpose of being PO'd on this board.

But the good news about the criminal being caught is very good news indeed!!

The sad part is POedDriver now refuses to pick up any slug even though the person was caught!

As I mentioned earlier, my door was hit by a slug and I lost the case, but yet I pick up slugs when I drive...!

Date Posted: 01 Aug 2005 at 9:50am
Been picking up slugs for over 3 years consistently (less so before that) and never had anything happen negatively (ok, maybe someone's passed gas a time or two).

Judicious use of the mirror keeps me aware of what's happening in the car.

Interested to know how your commute will be "faster" without slugs. Inverse logic?

NoSb

Posted By: Baz
Date Posted: 01 Aug 2005 at 9:59am
Ive enjoyed reading this fictional tale just about as much as the new Harry Potter installment! Thanks for the laughs POed! A bloody interesting tale indeed....;)

Posted By: SuzAnne
Date Posted: 01 Aug 2005 at 10:06am
Back as RLD said, Police Report Number? This would seenm a fiction written to attack the informal car-pooling public. Reading the claim that the police caught the seat slasher only makes me think that this isn't about seats. It is everything about lurking.

Date Posted: 01 Aug 2005 at 10:25am
POedDriver, the people on this board are not refusing to believe simply because of the absence of a police report number. That, in itself, doesn't disprove your story.

It's your "attitude" that you have embraced throughout the course of the thread.

Date Posted: 01 Aug 2005 at 10:46am
And we DIDN'T know who it was, which you seem to be holding against us.....

Posted By: cedarcitynative
Date Posted: 01 Aug 2005 at 10:54am
POedDriver:

So someone slashed your seats, none of us were witnesses, you posted a plea for help, no one in the "slugging community" was able to provide useful information regarding the Summer Slasher of '05 and so you now turn your frustration on our community? Apologies aside, for having had to endure the Slasher, where do you get off ranting about our lack of help? May I offer the following: Go suck a pickle, since you are only capable of offering vinegar in your invective missive.

We won't miss you on this board or as a potential driver.

Good Riddance!!

Date Posted: 01 Aug 2005 at 11:13am
Ah, now it makes sense, this scenario was generated to cause angst, fear and frustration within the slugging community and to provide a platform for someone to advertise vanpooling.

Are the vanpools struggling for business?

NoSb

Posted By: AveMaria
Date Posted: 01 Aug 2005 at 11:14am
Enuf Already, folks.

We ARE adults and not a group of bickering kids. Yes, it was an unfortunate incident and POed is bitter -- but cmon commuters we're bigger than this stone throwing crap -- Let's move on, can't we!

By the way -- what ever happened to SpongeBob??[8D]

Posted By: Moody Girl
Date Posted: 01 Aug 2005 at 11:19am
PO'd,

What happened to your vehicle is unfortunate. I believe anyone in your situation would be angry.

However, I am not sure what exactly you were expecting from the slug community. A Witch Hunt perhaps? Maybe, you wanted all of us to grab a weapon and camp out at the commuter lots!

You posted on Thursday and this person was caught on Friday. What more could you ask for? I am confident that the sluggging community was watching out for this guy on Thursday afternoon and Friday.

In the meantime, after reading your original thread, it seems to me that you received a LOT of support and some valuable advice from the slugging community. My question to you now is.....How dare you attack the slugging community for the actions of one very sick person [?]

It seems as though you are in serious need of Anger Management Couseling. Unfortunately, with the anger you have expressed here I don't believe this is a new issue for you. I am happy to hear you are in a van pool now. I personally, feel much safer knowing you are not out there driving on the same roads as I am and more importantly, I am not a passenger in your car.

Posted By: mirangus
Date Posted: 01 Aug 2005 at 12:00pm
quote:
Originally posted by POedDriver
[br]
quote:
Originally posted by emancilla
[br]Maybe there wasn't any email with info but some folks gave you much smarter advise that you really needed at that time.

Exactly what advise are you referring to?

Here's some adviCe for you...learn to spell.

Thank God you won't be driving slugs anymore...there doesn't need to be anymore raging drivers, especially those with vendettas.

I'm sorry you had your seats slashed, but by the sounds of your temperament, you had it comin'. Gotta keep the karma clean...tsk-tsk.

How about thanking us sincerely for the help we WOULD have certainly provided had we only been able to?? None of us were there, know what happened, or had our seats slashed, so to help you was damn near impossible. That's like saying I'm p***ed off at you because you can't give me any information on who hit my dog. Thanks a lot for your lack of help in finding the guy who plowed down my dog. Not real fair, is it?

Nevermind, doesn't really sound like you can process "fair".

Good day and good riddance to you, too.

Posted By: Baz
Date Posted: 01 Aug 2005 at 12:39pm
He nailed ya miranGus

Posted By: CallmeMrSlug
Date Posted: 01 Aug 2005 at 12:41pm
I want to take a different approach. I want to thank PO-ed for his report of this incident. Maybe the driver who caught the slug/slasher was more attentive to the prospect of this crime because he read his post and was looking for the slashed seats.

I understand that we all want to feel safe and protected, and therefore demand police report numbers and such when we hear of a crime within our slugging community. However, if the person is a true victim, doesn't putting the person through the accusations that they are not being honest simply victimize them twice? When you think that on a given days probably close to 5,000 people (I know this is a conservative number) ride together, the odds are that there will be an occasional bad apple out there. What compels one to slash a car seat is beyond me, and I hope the criminal makes restitution as part of his sentence.

There has been growing negativity on these posts in the past 3 or 4 months. Maybe it is anxiety about the HOT lanes, or just the HOT weather, but it is disturbing. People are being accused of dishonesty, being called "stupid", and all sorts of things. This is all very easy to do in the vacuum that is the internet. You can says these things and don't have to worry about someone saying something right back to you, or worse in response to your pettiness. But this does not make your position right on any subject, in fact, it makes your position look weak because instead of relying on the wisdom of your ideas, you stoop to name calling. Can we all please work on trying to act more like adults during these posts?

Posted By: Luvmyhybrid
Date Posted: 01 Aug 2005 at 12:47pm
Thank you Thank you Thank you! Finally a wise posting that actually makes sense. I too, have been put-off by the negativity of late - griping's fine to a point....but we passed that point miles and miles ago. Let's help our fellow sluggers/drivers in positive ways - see my BeHind Quantico thread....again, I'm still waitng....

Posted By: lvalleburke
Date Posted: 01 Aug 2005 at 12:54pm
What comes around goes around, be careful what you say...have a nice day...

Posted By: ronin718
Date Posted: 01 Aug 2005 at 2:19pm
Folks, let it go. PO'd, like my 9 y/o son, wanted instant gratification, and since we weren't able to provide it, he's throwing a tantrum. The culprit has been caught, PO'd will get his justice, and the rest of us can go on with life. PO'd did provide a service to the community... he alerted us to this individual. Another slug driver was able to catch this individual before more cars could be damaged.

PO'd... Thanks for the warning. Sorry about your car. Glad they caught the guy. With thousands of slugs, you can't expect the community to know everyone and see everything. It's like working in the Pentagon and having your soda taken out of the communal fridge. What did you expect, 20,000 emails saying we didn't know anything? How many people out there fit the description of "male, tall (6'-6'2"ish), medium build, I'm guessing low-mid 30s, dark-short hair"?

If you choose to discontinue slugging, that's fine. But lighten up!!! If you drive with the same attitude that you've posted, you're going to be one angry driver, and possibly instigate or get involved in an accident. Be happy that they caught the guy and take your frustration out on him and his lawyer.

Date Posted: 01 Aug 2005 at 2:36pm
quote:
Originally posted by Baz
[br]He nailed ya miranGus

I still think he screwed up. Good cover story though.

Date Posted: 01 Aug 2005 at 2:38pm
Amen, Ronin.

Posted By: SpongeBob
Date Posted: 01 Aug 2005 at 3:55pm
I'm with RLD on this one: I don't believe it. If this was reported to the Police (unspecified county, please note,) then it becomes a matter of public record. One would expect to see it in the local paper with the crime scene being listed as the 610 lot.

I think PO'ed's anger comes from... where? If I had to guess, I'd say a paycheck, and not from a vanpool, either.

In the past couple of months, we have had a number of new posters put up claims (about studies, or rumors, or crimes, whatever,) that smell fishy (not Spongey.) Their unifying element is that something is Rotten in the State of Slugging.

Balder-friggin-dash.

If there was a guy using a box cutter to slice up people's seats, then it would be in a police blotter and a local reporter would, WITHOUT DOUBT, have called one of the two parties. Imagine the Fox-5 report:

"And when we come back, Miranda Johnson tells us the story of a commuter who got more than he could handle the other morning at a local "slug" line." (Over shots of the torn up seats.)

Tell me that wouldn't be news.

So, Big Mouth PO: fork over a police report number or admit you are a faker, probably an employee or agent of one of our two favorite companies....

Posted By: AveMaria
Date Posted: 01 Aug 2005 at 4:36pm
Why SpongeBob Square Pants!!! I am shocked by your posting!!!

[:D][:D][:D][:D][:D]

Date Posted: 01 Aug 2005 at 4:52pm
Something doesn't look right here. First, somebody looking for help on a terrible incident. After some postings showing support and asking for substancial evidence(police report number, a valid request), the person refuses to admit the board is concern and blame it that is not helpful in finding the criminal
The criminal is caught by the help of another "driver", not a slug. The victim from now on will refuse to pick up slugs and call them leeches.

If that person wanted us to help him in the first place and take his word seriously, why is it that he did not want to comply with a police report number request?
There's no room here to take this thread with a different approach. You want us to take your words seriously, take "us" seriously as well when seeking for help.
A new member did well when she documented her incident not long ago:

"I'm sorry you are so paranoid to doubt posts on this board. As a new slugger, I'm not only offended, but disappointed. I turned to this board for advice/guidance/information about the slugging lifestyle, if you will, and because I'm new/unknown I'm thought of as a liar, a troublemaker and it was even insinuated that I am accepting money to cause trouble on this board?

As a newbie, how would I KNOW that it is common practice to post police report information until someone asked me? Given that it was a holiday weekend, why was my 'case' immediately dismissed because I didn't log back on on Friday with this information? Ridiculous.

For the benefit of those who care, I did, in fact, file a report with the Stafford Police on Thursday evening. The reporting officer was Deputy xxxxxxxx. Report number 20xx-xxxx. Since you probably think I'm making this up, too, feel free to contact him at 540-xxx-xxxx. If, by chance, you know anything about this case, you can also call CrimeSolvers at 540-xxx-xxx."

This was only over a stolen wallet and was an appropiate response from a person with common sense. Yes, she was irate and frustrated that members of the board insinuated she was a liar but she did not loose control of herself nor she wanted to give up slugging as a driver.

Posted By: CallmeMrSlug
Date Posted: 02 Aug 2005 at 12:28am
Let me just add this to this post. Most of you all assume that when a citizen reports a crime, they immediately get a police report number. I do not think that is true. From my experience in another state, what usually happens is the investigating officer will meet the victim, and attempt to interview the victim to ascertain how the facts of the case should be classified. As most information about crimes is classified in a national data base, the initial officer can not give you a report number. Usually, after submitting the paper work to the central data unit, they assign a unique case number for national crime data tracking purposes. Usually, depending on the size of the jurisdiction this can be obtained within days of your report. Remember, that police officers are dispatched in shifts, and they don't know how many crimes will be committed during a shift, so they don't carry a list of report numbers with them. After a period of investigation, police officers classify reports of crimes as founded, or unfounded. Once assigned a case number, they have to report the offenses as cleared or not. There is a little politics in clearing cases, a jurisdiction with a high percentage of cleared cases is deemed an effective policing unit. Sometimes, to avoid these cases from appearing on the list, the officer will tell the victim it is a civil matter to avoid assigning a report number and getting on this list. Thats not common, but it does happen, especially when the offender is apprehended. The state can pursue the criminal sanction but it may deem the matter better resolved through a civil court process.

Now, theft of a wallet, that usually doesn't happen. But vandalism, where there is no dispute as to the perpertrator and the liability is clear, may be an offense that the state does not want to pursue criminally. The criminal sanction in such cases is used as a carrot to make sure the perpretrator makes restitution. However, this person, if the facts which are alleged are true, twice committed the offense and so the state would normally want to pursue the criminal process in most circumstances.

But my point is that when you demand the reporter give you a case number, well they can't right away. On the theft of the wallet case, the woman had to wait until over the holiday weekend. She did get the report number, posted it publicly on this site. Not one of you refuted the actual report, so despite you calling her a liar, you owe this lady an apology. Now as to PO'ed, it is suggested that this person works for the HOT lane folks. Hello????? Get real! A bigger conspiracy theory never has existed. What FACTS support this allegation? Do you have a report number? A cell phone call data base to support complicity with HOT? Or is it ok for you to defame a persons integrity because you are a long term member of this board and have a cartoon name??? Maybe you should think twice before making accusations you can not support with facts. This just goes along with my general comment that Sponge when you call people "idiots" or "stupid" you denegrate yourself, not the person you attack. Life is more than a cartoon, and your accusation is simply childish.

If PO'ed is not being honest, then so be it. I do not know that, and NEITHER do you. But you have a pretty high opinion of your self if you think at a time when terrorists are killing people in subways, and resorts around the world, that you think the news folks would drop coverage of that because a slug's car was vandalized. Please!!! The world does not revolve around the slugging community. A private citizens loss of personal prperty is hardly breaking news.

Now, I will be out of town several days. Go ahead and spew your venom and sarcasm at me. Heck, I am just a slug who rides into DC everyday who thinks we all deserve better from our fellow man than the crap on this site.

Date Posted: 02 Aug 2005 at 8:20am
On the theft of the wallet case? Yes, she had to wait until over the weekend but she did it.
Po'ed said later on that he was provided with a case number but he refused to have it public.
Now, I didn't call the lady with the stolen wallet(I didn't even post on that thread) or PO'ed a liar but you have to help us if you need help to corresponde to that.
That's not much to ask.

One more thing, CallmeMrSlug said that you should think twice before making accusations without facts. You have not been here long enough to experience this type of scenarios. It's not because of the seniority thing you state about. Who cares anyway.
How should the board know when someone is reporting a true case then?

Posted By: POedDriver
Date Posted: 02 Aug 2005 at 9:26am
Let me put an end to this thread (if possible)...at least for me.

I only came here asking for information from any possible witnesses that may be able to recognize the slugger given the time/date, lot, and physical description.

Let me say that in my original post in the original thread that I DIDN'T EXPECT for someone to be able to help. Sure, I hoped...but I certainly didn't EXPECT it. I knew it was a long shot, but I thought it was worth a simple little post.

When I started this thread, I simply noted that the slug was caught and that it wasn't because of any help from anyone on this board, but another driver who had also been victimized (who incidentally has never heard of this website until yesterday).

Yes, I have a police report number. Actually, now I even have a case number. But why should I provide that information to you? To prove that I am telling the truth? Like I said before, I don't care if you believe me or not...so why would I feel the need to satisfy your requests? All that I wanted to do here was get information...not make friends. That information is no longer needed so I have no reason to be here anymore.

Since you all seem to take such offense at someone accusing a slugger of being a criminal, I'll put your minds at ease and tell you that this whole fiasco never happened. That's what you want to hear right? Well...there you go....IT NEVER HAPPENED. Only the other victim and I know the truth. If thinking it never happened helps you get on with your lives, then so be it.

Good day to all of you.

Posted By: cedarcitynative
Date Posted: 02 Aug 2005 at 10:07am
POedDriver,

We believed you when you said that your seat had been slashed; however, it was disrespectful for us to be lashed -- when we had no info on the suspect who slashed. Now that things are settled in your mind, please, be dashed!

Unabashed,

Your Friends in the Slugging Community

Posted By: getmehome pweeze
Date Posted: 02 Aug 2005 at 10:07am
Good day to YOU sir.

:'}

Posted By: SpongeBob
Date Posted: 02 Aug 2005 at 10:54am
I'm not casting aspersions, MrSlug, I'm expressing my deep-seated skepticism of anyone who shows up on our board, makes a claim that someone used a freakin' box cutter on their back seat (why would anyone DO this?), provides exactly ZERO evidence of this attack, describes it all in the most general terms, evidently threatens to bring a gun to the slugline to catch the alleged perp, claims the case is suddenly solved, launches an ad hominem attack on us as a group, decides overnight to stop being a driver-only and joins a vanpool, and finally, having stirred up all this trouble in our little community, wants no more of us.

I'm not hiding behind a cartoon. Plenty of people here have met me in person and I stand up publicly for what I believe.

If PO'ed posts pictures of his seat, I'd believe him then. Until I have evidence, I doubt the veracity of this story. It's just ridiculous to think someone would sit there in another person's car with a box cutter and take the tremendous risk of cutting up the seat. That person, operating alone with two other strangers in the car, would run an extremely high risk of being caught and charged with a crime. And then to think they would be so crazy they would do it AGAIN? Please, this stretches credibility.

However, I will be the first to retract these statements if PO posts photos of his backseat.

Nor am I paranoid. We know for a fact that both Clark and Fluor monitor this board; they've told us they do. They ought to do so, in fact, as part of their obligation to consider how their project will impact the community. Nothing wrong with them lurking. But part of me wonders to what lengths a corporation will go to secure a deal worth $100,000,000.00 or more. They have a score of people working on this proposal full-time, every day. We have only our spare time and each other.

And if you can't see the newsworthiness for a local station in covering an absolutely unique and threatening incident of vandalism involving a deadly weapon, the same one used by the 9/11 terrorists, then you just ain't been watching enough TV.

Posted By: Bob
Date Posted: 02 Aug 2005 at 12:01pm
I agree with SpongeBob on this one. Someone new to the board has no credibility established and therefore if they make such a claim it will automatically be suspect. It may be true, but why should we believe it unless the posting is from someone we are familiar with? Looks to me like there are a few folks "messing with us." Potential groups include the proHOTs and just people who have gotten ticked over hybrids or other issues. It's a pattern that has now been established with a number of totally fabricated stories, one of which was obscene. And we ought to be more aggressive in deleting the threads.

I appoint myself "Head Slug" with the authority to decide what is bogus or credible (joking.)

Date Posted: 02 Aug 2005 at 2:31pm
I second that notion Sponge...PO'ed's (can you USE double apostrophes?? haha) story had a very urban legend flare to it. Who knows...maybe he was testing out a new Spam chain letter and we were the test subjects...LOL.

Posted By: Luvmyhybrid
Date Posted: 02 Aug 2005 at 3:46pm
This entire thread stinks like a really bad B-movie....the imaginations are running wilder then a river at high water mark!

"Someone new to the board has no credibility established and therefore if they make such a claim it will automatically be suspect."

Come on who died and made you the Slug Gods? And for you "regulars" who don't think the comments of newbies to this site are worth listening to? You all have said yourselves we need to "promote slugging" -- now you're telling the new guys to the website they have to prove themselves to you old dogs before you'll believe anything they say? Well, let's roll out the welcome wagon because the overwhelming warmth and grace of some of these comments are staggering! You all should be ashamed!

Posted By: goober
Date Posted: 02 Aug 2005 at 4:44pm
I haven't checked this message board for several days and apparently I missed what happened to POed. There appears to be editing and deletion of posts by POed, but I sort of gleaned of what happened from other posts.

POed, if you want us to forget what you've said because it was all made up, then that act was criminal. It's like yelling "fire" in a movie theater -- you have no right to cause a false alarm among people. If this is the case, I would suggest that the someone (Admin?) investigate to obtain your true identity and press charges. However, if this is all true, please help us believe it by posting some clear evidence. I'm absolutely sure that those that bashed you will sincerely apologize if you just provided some proof.

Goober

Date Posted: 02 Aug 2005 at 4:47pm
I don't think it was the "newbie" part that was causing the doubt and disbelief.

Heck, it wasn't even the refusal to part with information about the police report.

It was more of the attitude displayed by the original poster.

Right now, nothing disproves the slashing story, people are just having their doubts.

Posted By: KCWolfPck
Date Posted: 02 Aug 2005 at 10:16pm
quote:
Originally posted by goober
[br]I haven't checked this message board for several days and apparently I missed what happened to POed. There appears to be editing and deletion of posts by POed, but I sort of gleaned of what happened from other posts.

POed, if you want us to forget what you've said because it was all made up, then that act was criminal. It's like yelling "fire" in a movie theater -- you have no right to cause a false alarm among people. If this is the case, I would suggest that the someone (Admin?) investigate to obtain your true identity and press charges. However, if this is all true, please help us believe it by posting some clear evidence. I'm absolutely sure that those that bashed you will sincerely apologize if you just provided some proof.

Goober

I've just been minding my own business, reading along, having a few laughs...but then I read this posts and I'm still trying to get up off the floor. Hahaha!!!!

First off...you admittedly didn't even see any of the original poster's posts. And you still have an opinion???

Second, from how I read his final post...he just said it didn't really happen so "you can all get on with your lives". He said that the other victim and him "know the truth", the obvious undertone is that it really did happen.

Finally, CRIMINAL? Let's say his post was totally fictional (which we don't know) To post a lie on an online forum is now a criminal offense comparable to "yelling fire in a movie theater". PAAALEAZE!!! "Admin, please press charges". WHAT? And what are they going to charge him with? Seriously, this I've got to hear!

While we are at it, let's find the true identity of the guy who posted the MLM scheme here and said it wasn't a scam. Surely, we can get him locked up for life, right? What a freakin' joke.

I'll get off my soapbox now. Sorry, I've resisted the temptation to post on this thread so far, but I just couldn't let this idiotic post pass me by.

Posted By: mikester
Date Posted: 03 Aug 2005 at 10:01am
I thought the forums would be a place to discuss legitimate issues. All I seem to see is complaining and whining. These threads go past the point of being absurd

Date Posted: 03 Aug 2005 at 10:36am
Indeed. Can we PLEASE leave this horse alone? Stop beating the poor creature. It expired a LOOOOONG time ago.

Posted By: vabigblue
Date Posted: 03 Aug 2005 at 12:46pm
That's why I love this board. All these topics are great. It's like a quick and dirty soap opera. Look at some of these quotes. Where else would you find this type of "back and forth" or "forth and back" issues? It's something different every single day. People who don't subscribe don't know what they're missing.

THE TRIALS AND TRIBULATIONS OF "SLUG-LINES.COM"

Posted By: sluDgE
Date Posted: 03 Aug 2005 at 2:49pm
..... also known as "AS THE SLUG TURNS" and "ALL MY SLUGS". [:p]

Keep on sluggin'!

Posted By: SlgDriver
Date Posted: 03 Aug 2005 at 3:55pm
Being that I too did not read the original post and have no desire to try and find it, I have no opinion on the event. My comment is about this board. I too find much humor in this. As a member of at least 12 boards (and a Moderator of another) the subjects/topics may all be different, but the attitudes are all the same. Someone makes a request, tribal leader speaks that newbie has no credibility, everyone takes a side and the war begins. They all start off with this "goal" to discuss legitimate issues, topics, etc but end up being the drama filled battle for who runs the board. On other boards I've actually met some of the posters and it is amazing how different some of them are in person compared to their on-line bravado. That's not to say they weren't nice people, just amazes me how message boards can change folks. [:D]

Posted By: dickboyd
Date Posted: 03 Aug 2005 at 4:23pm
quote:
Originally posted by SlgDriver
[br]Being that I too did not read the original post and have no desire to try and find it, I have no opinion on the event. My comment is about this board. I too find much humor in this. As a member of at least 12 boards (and a Moderator of another) the subjects/topics may all be different, but the attitudes are all the same. Someone makes a request, tribal leader speaks that newbie has no credibility, everyone takes a side and the war begins. They all start off with this "goal" to discuss legitimate issues, topics, etc but end up being the drama filled battle for who runs the board. On other boards I've actually met some of the posters and it is amazing how different some of them are in person compared to their on-line bravado. That's not to say they weren't nice people, just amazes me how message boards can change folks. [:D]

GODWIN's LAW

Godwin observed that in any extended thread on a board, eventually someone will compare those with a difference of opinion as nazis. At that point, the thread is finished and the person to first mention nazis is the loser.

For those of you that are so young that your only association of nazi is with Seinfeld's soup server, being called a nazi is pretty severe.

dickboyd@aol.com

Posted By: SpotsySlugBug
Date Posted: 03 Aug 2005 at 4:33pm
ah, yes, dickboyd, shall we add some bees to his soup? [:D]

Date Posted: 03 Aug 2005 at 9:27pm
quote:
Originally posted by dickboyd
[br]
GODWIN's LAW

Godwin observed that in any extended thread on a board, eventually someone will compare those with a difference of opinion as nazis. At that point, the thread is finished and the person to first mention nazis is the loser.

For those of you that are so young that your only association of nazi is with Seinfeld's soup server, being called a nazi is pretty severe.

dickboyd@aol.com

So, I guess that makes you the loser, since you were the first to bring up nazis.

Posted By: dickboyd
Date Posted: 04 Aug 2005 at 12:55am
quote:
Originally posted by KCWolfPck
[br]
quote:
Originally posted by dickboyd
[br]
GODWIN's LAW

dickboyd@aol.com

So, I guess that makes you the loser, since you were the first to bring up nazis.

I admit defeat. Now that we have a clear winner, can we move on?

Buy Boyd's Bees, they make excellent broth in addition to honey. You won't get stung.

dickboyd@aol.com

Date Posted: 10 Aug 2005 at 9:21am
What happened here....it looks like the original poster deleted all of his posts?? Is this just another thing to add to the list of things that drivers should be concerned about???

Date Posted: 10 Aug 2005 at 9:32am
An alleged crime (everyone's innocent until proven guilty) was described. Original poster not happy (if it really happened I wouldn't be either). Lashed out at other posters for not being helpful. Left in a huff. Alleged perpetrator reportedly found. No police report, no newspaper report. Credibility score needs to be assigned by the "keeper of credibility ratings".

Bottomline takeaway (that's redundant I know): Be aware of where your stuff is in the car, who is in the car with you AND what they're doing while they're in the car with you. Oh, be nice on slug-lines.com too!

NoSb

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.10 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2017 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net