Print Page | Close Window

New 19th and I St. Slug Line

Printed From: Slug-Lines.com
Category: General Slugging Questions and Comments
Forum Name: Afternoon Slug Lines
Forum Description: Enter comments on slug lines leaving the city in the afternoon here.
URL: http://www.slug-lines.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=2035
Printed Date: 20 Apr 2024 at 11:53am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 11.10 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: New 19th and I St. Slug Line
Posted By: Admin
Subject: New 19th and I St. Slug Line
Date Posted: 04 Aug 2005 at 5:39am
The new slug line at 19th & I street is going well!! The line begins to form about 4:00pm-ish. The riders usually get picked up in about 5-10 minutes or so.

Since this is a new line make sure to have a sign in hand that has either RT 610 or MINE Rd/Stafford on it.

Also, this is really the most important part, the line forms after the break in the road on 19th street closer to Penn Ave. Currently there are 3 VDOT barrells on the side of the street where the riders should stand. Stand in between the 2 trees just after the VDOT barrells. Once the riders go out to the spot, these instructions will be clear. If you DO NOT stand in the correct spot with your sign, you could be over looked by drivers thinking you are either waiting for the METRO bus or a van pool.

Replies:
Posted By: cabrazell
Date Posted: 04 Aug 2005 at 11:26am
DO WE NEED TO STAND IN ANY SPECIFIC LOCATION AT 610 FOR THE A.M. RIDE?

Posted By: phil
Date Posted: 05 Aug 2005 at 3:16pm
is anyone going towards minneville road and dale blvd.

Posted By: tdrcas
Date Posted: 17 Aug 2005 at 3:42pm
How is this line working out? The line at the Pentagon is growing longer and longer. I would like to start using this line.

Posted By: tdrcas
Date Posted: 18 Aug 2005 at 10:44am
I tried this line yesterday. It was a little after 4 pm. I was able to get a ride within 5 minutes. It definitely cut down by ride time home. I will not have to go to the Pentagon anymore!

Posted By: dkerley
Date Posted: 23 Aug 2005 at 3:31pm
I am going to give this line a shot today instead of going to the Pentagon. Are there plenty of people out there shortly after 5 going to Mine Road? Hope see someone from Stafford out there this afternoon! [:D]

Dina

Date Posted: 24 Aug 2005 at 11:09am
I came by 19th and I around 5:05 yesterday and saw no one so I had to go to the Pentagon after all.

Dina

Posted By: murfseven
Date Posted: 07 Sep 2005 at 1:18pm
I work until 5:30 p.m. at 17th and K. What would you say the chances are of getting a ride from 19th and I after 5:30 p.m.?

Dina, do you think you will try again?

Posted By: swirlly
Date Posted: 08 Sep 2005 at 11:04am
Anyone willing to stop at the new 19th and I pick up point and drop off at Horner instead of the Stafford area?

I know there are lots of sluggers who ride into the city and get dropped off on 18th st. Sure would be nice (and alot quicker) for drivers and riders to get picked up on 19th and head back to Horner instead of having to go to 14th and NY.

Date Posted: 08 Sep 2005 at 3:34pm
quote:
Originally posted by swirlly
[br]Anyone willing to stop at the new 19th and I pick up point and drop off at Horner instead of the Stafford area?

I know there are lots of sluggers who ride into the city and get dropped off on 18th st. Sure would be nice (and alot quicker) for drivers and riders to get picked up on 19th and head back to Horner instead of having to go to 14th and NY.

I wouldn't because then I would have to go back out there and sit in traffic. You can't get back on the HOV's in the evenings once you get off after Springfield.

So it would benefit you and not me.

Dina

Date Posted: 08 Sep 2005 at 3:35pm
quote:
Originally posted by murfseven
[br]I work until 5:30 p.m. at 17th and K. What would you say the chances are of getting a ride from 19th and I after 5:30 p.m.?

Dina, do you think you will try again?

I might swing by there but it would only be for a few minutes then I am heading to the Pentagon.

Dina

Date Posted: 09 Sep 2005 at 3:50pm
quote:
Originally posted by Admin
[br]The new slug line at 19th & I street is going well!! The line begins to form about 4:00pm-ish. The riders usually get picked up in about 5-10 minutes or so.

Since this is a new line make sure to have a sign in hand that has either RT 610 or MINE Rd/Stafford on it.

Also, this is really the most important part, the line forms after the break in the road on 19th street closer to Penn Ave. Currently there are 3 VDOT barrells on the side of the street where the riders should stand. Stand in between the 2 trees just after the VDOT barrells. Once the riders go out to the spot, these instructions will be clear. If you DO NOT stand in the correct spot with your sign, you could be over looked by drivers thinking you are either waiting for the METRO bus or a van pool.

Have you received any feedback regarding the latest sluggers have been picked up from 19th and I?

murfseven

Posted By: volker
Date Posted: 15 Sep 2005 at 12:56pm
I'm confused about the new 19th and I line. Are there any folks there waiting to go to Potomac Mills? If not, why not? There are so many people who go to 18th St. in the morning from Mills that it's odd that they don't want to go back that way...Thanks for the help!

Posted By: amatyap
Date Posted: 15 Sep 2005 at 3:16pm
Is anyone going to BOB from 19th and I street ? or what is the nearest point for me to be picked up, I am coming from Dupont Circle ?

quote:
[br]The new slug line at 19th & I street is going well!! The line begins to form about 4:00pm-ish. The riders usually get picked up in about 5-10 minutes or so.

Posted By: beanara
Date Posted: 22 Sep 2005 at 12:00pm
Hi,

I've been asking around about the 610 PM line and I haven't actually tried it. Would someone please let me know how this line is going and if there's a good chance to catch a ride around 5:05 or 5:10 pm?
Thanks!

Mollie

Mollie

Date Posted: 27 Sep 2005 at 9:37am
quote:

Date Posted: 27 Sep 2005 at 9:39am
I wonder whether New 19th St & I St slug line will take Bob's riders.
Thanks.

Posted By: DC2RV
Date Posted: 27 Sep 2005 at 12:32pm
Amatyap - there's a line at 19th and F for Bob's. The section on the front page labeled "Afternoon Slug Lines" has all the details.

Date Posted: 27 Sep 2005 at 12:53pm
Does anyone know how late sluggers have been picked up from 19th and I? I ask because I work at 17th and K until 5:30 and wonder if I walk over there instead of to the metro if there is any chance of my getting a ride. Any comments?

murfseven

Posted By: DENSIE
Date Posted: 27 Sep 2005 at 1:11pm
Is this line open for folks heading to Horner Road or even 234???? I would certainly pick up and slug from it if it did.... Anybody stop there that isn't heading as far south as Stafford???[^]

Posted By: katiekat3kids
Date Posted: 01 Dec 2005 at 11:09am
Is this line still going good? I am starting to slug to Mine Road this Monday and need to chose whether to hike over to 14th or get home from this one. Thanks!

Katie Shelton

Date Posted: 01 Dec 2005 at 1:04pm
I am slugging at 14th street and F street towards Bob's- springfield.

quote:
Originally posted by katiekat3kids
[br]Is this line still going good? I am starting to slug to Mine Road this Monday and need to chose whether to hike over to 14th or get home from this one. Thanks!

Katie Shelton

Posted By: CHOCOLATE
Date Posted: 02 Dec 2005 at 10:22am
ARE THERE NO SLUG LINES TO FREDERICKSBURG FROM 14 ST AND NY. OR 14 AND I? WOULD LIKE A RESPOND THANKS CHOCOLATE

Date Posted: 02 Dec 2005 at 10:36am
Sorry, no idea. Please refer main page left corner column.

quote:
Originally posted by CHOCOLATE
[br]ARE THERE NO SLUG LINES TO FREDERICKSBURG FROM 14 ST AND NY. OR 14 AND I? WOULD LIKE A RESPOND THANKS CHOCOLATE

Posted By: abeautifulwoman
Date Posted: 02 Jan 2006 at 6:03pm
Does this line go to Horner Road? How can I find that out?

Posted By: Shantell
Date Posted: 27 Jan 2006 at 12:09pm
I'm sure this is not the correct area to post but I'm not sure were I need to post my request. I live in Fredericksburg and need to pick-up sluggers today. Take them to 610, Rt. 3, or Rt. 7. I'm not sure were to go in the District to retrieve these riders. Can anyone help? Thanks

Shantell E. Grinkley

Shantell E. Grinkley

Posted By: GeminiGypsie
Date Posted: 06 Feb 2006 at 11:29am
How much of a chance would I have getting a ride to 610 from 19th and I at around 5:15pm. I'm barely making it to Rosslyn in time, and Pentagon just seems so out of the way when I work on 20th and M.

Erica

Erica Yates

Posted By: SLMarshall
Date Posted: 16 Feb 2006 at 9:17am
I'm starting a new job at 1050 Connecticut Avenue. It looks like the nearest slug line to mine road is the 19th & I location. My hours are 8:00 a.m. until 4:15 p.m. Is this line still going strong?

SLMarshall

Date Posted: 16 Feb 2006 at 10:32am
quote:
Originally posted by SLMarshall
[br]I'm starting a new job at 1050 Connecticut Avenue. It looks like the nearest slug line to mine road is the 19th & I location. My hours are 8:00 a.m. until 4:15 p.m. Is this line still going strong?

SLMarshall

If you are looking for BoB's, It is 19th and F street. For 610 Rt., I think, it is 19th and I/J st.

Posted By: Danielle2842
Date Posted: 27 Feb 2006 at 12:51pm
Anyone interested in a free ride to and from work for 4 days? 2 of our regular carpoolers are going on vacation from Thurs. March 9th to Tuesday, March 14th & we need a 3rd rider.

Leave Stafford @ 7:15 am, arrive at 19th & K @ 8:00 am
Leave DC @ 5:00 pm

interested? Email me at: Danielle2842@aol.com

Posted By: aflores
Date Posted: 03 Mar 2006 at 2:13pm
Can this new line be used by those who need to go to Bob's? I also read on the home page that the Bob's line was going to be moved to the parket lot in Springfield Plaza. When will this happen? I think it would be a great idea so folks don't have to cross Old Keene Mill Road which is becoming more and more dangerous.

Thanks.[8)]

quote:

aflores

Date Posted: 03 Mar 2006 at 2:58pm
It is 19th and I st., normally few people are waiting at this spot.

Thank you.

Please also refer this homepage of this website (left upper corner- nearly).

Date Posted: 03 Mar 2006 at 3:44pm
aflores - you can catch a ride back to Bob's at 19 & F. Check the Afternoon Slug Lines section on the front page.

Don't know about the morning line moving. Guess that all depends upon when the Circuit City is load.

Date Posted: 07 Mar 2006 at 7:15am
uh, that last sentence should read: Guess that all depends upon when the Circuit City is SOLD. Rumor has it that Kay Jennings is buying the lot.

Posted By: anna1
Date Posted: 26 Apr 2006 at 10:30am
Does anyone drop off at Sydenstricker or Rolling Valley?

Posted By: Jacquepaz
Date Posted: 17 May 2006 at 4:53pm
quote:
Originally posted by DENSIE
[br]Is this line open for folks heading to Horner Road or even 234???? I would certainly pick up and slug from it if it did.... Anybody stop there that isn't heading as far south as Stafford???[^]

Date Posted: 02 Jun 2006 at 7:21am
Is this line working?

Reason I ask is because the occasional slug or driver comes up to 19th and F looking for a Woodbridge line. I'd hate to refer them to a line that doesn't work (well).

Posted By: beachhead
Date Posted: 02 Jun 2006 at 3:11pm
DC2RV,
Don't know about 19th and I, but 19th and F does not look too promising either. Today, GWU put up a fence closing off the sidewalk along the dorm being renovated. Not much space before you get to the turn lanes at 19th and E. Tonight could get interesting.

Posted By: Deedeevee
Date Posted: 21 Jun 2006 at 7:45pm
quote:

Posted By: CplBaum
Date Posted: 21 Jul 2006 at 2:59pm
How mush use does this slug line get? I'm heading down to Rt. 610 just after 4:00 today and am wondering whether I stand a good chance of finding any slugs at 19th & I.

Thanks!

Posted By: JasonB
Date Posted: 29 Aug 2006 at 1:34pm
Is this line still active? I just moved damn near down to Richmond but work in Foggy Bottom, and the Rosslyn slug line is a pain to get to.

Just curious.

Posted By: MikeM24
Date Posted: 11 Sep 2006 at 10:15am
I work 17th and New York. Is this a good line for Horner Rd?? I don't have an issue going to 14th to pick up, but if I could grab a couple of folks heading south at 19th and I in the afternoon, that would be terrrific and easier for me. Let me know how this line is for pickup in the afternoon going to Horner Rd.

Mike [^]

Posted By: SpongeBob
Date Posted: 13 Sep 2006 at 9:48am
MikeM24: No one has been able to establish a regular southbound line to Horner or Potomac Mills west of 14th Street. However, we have the next best thing going, which is an email list you can join at

Slug-List-horner@googlegroups.com

I haven't the foggiest how these things work, but presumably there is some way for you to have your email added to the list, and then you will get dozens of announcements a day asking for rides or offering them. Set up your Outlook to auto-sort anything with "ISO" or "Horner" into your Deleted folder. That way you only have to review them when you want and your Inbox remains empty.

Good luck!

Posted By: clairez70
Date Posted: 26 Sep 2006 at 5:04pm

Hey Mike,

I wonder if you need a regular rider in the afternoon. I work at 20th & L. I get off work from 5:15 to 5:30. If you can't pick me up from 19th and L, I can walk to meet with you at 17th and I. Let me know when can I get ride from you. Thanks.

quote:
Originally posted by MikeM24
[br]I work 17th and New York. Is this a good line for Horner Rd?? I don't have an issue going to 14th to pick up, but if I could grab a couple of folks heading south at 19th and I in the afternoon, that would be terrrific and easier for me. Let me know how this line is for pickup in the afternoon going to Horner Rd.

Mike [^]

Claire Merry

Posted By: clairez70
Date Posted: 26 Sep 2006 at 5:09pm

MIkeM24: I wonder if you need a regular rider in the afternoon. I work at 20th & L. I get off work from 5:15 to 5:30. I can meet you at 19 & I. Let me know when can I get ride from you. Thanks.

quote:
Originally posted by MikeM24
[br]I work 17th and New York. Is this a good line for Horner Rd?? I don't have an issue going to 14th to pick up, but if I could grab a couple of folks heading south at 19th and I in the afternoon, that would be terrrific and easier for me. Let me know how this line is for pickup in the afternoon going to Horner Rd.

Mike [^]

Claire Merry

Posted By: sskrawczyk
Date Posted: 04 Oct 2006 at 2:10pm
Does this line form by the SOHO Market and CVS?

Date Posted: 04 Oct 2006 at 2:15pm
Does the afternoon slug line at 19th and I form in front of the SOHO Market and CVS?

Posted By: spereira
Date Posted: 25 Oct 2006 at 9:41am
This is just to bring to your attention the formation of a new P.M. slug line on 19th Street starting on the 13th of November. The location of the line is on 19th Street between I street and Penn. Ave. (next to CVS and Soho). This line is one block from the Faragut West metro and 1.5 blocks from a PRTC bus line on 18th and Penn. Please pass this to all your commuter friends to make this line a reality.

Riders and drivers wanted.

Posted By: sluDgE
Date Posted: 25 Oct 2006 at 12:36pm
Slugs need more info on this line .... Please list the afternoon end destinations you plan for the slugs who use this new line?
Are the distant end drop-offs at "Bob's", Rolling Valley, Sydenstricker, Potomac Mills, Lorton, Horner Rd, Dumfrees, Mine Rd, 610, Rt 17, Rt 3, or others?

Posted By: iyu
Date Posted: 07 Nov 2006 at 11:42am
Hi, is anyone looking for a rider to Horner from 19th or 18th? I would love to hitch.
Please e-mail me at iyu@imf.org

quote:
[br]Is this line open for folks heading to Horner Road or even 234???? I would certainly pick up and slug from it if it did.... Anybody stop there that isn't heading as far south as Stafford???[^]

IYU

Posted By: dyamond19987
Date Posted: 14 Nov 2006 at 2:25pm
Many People show up for the new slug line but not enought drivers. Most of us waited for almost 1 hours. There was few drivers for Horner,tackets, Potomic mills but not OLD Hecager. I'll try again today

charlie

Date Posted: 14 Nov 2006 at 3:59pm
That situation has been typical when new lines start up. [:(]
Only way to improve it is to advertise, publicize, and anything else you can do to let interested drivers know. [;)]

[?] Have you tried handing out flyers to drivers at the morning slug lines? [?]
You might print some up and have the slugs in your afternoon line hand them out to drivers the next morning. The more you get handed out, the more drivers will know about the afternoon option of getting slugs at the new line.

Posted By: bev717
Date Posted: 21 Nov 2006 at 10:26am
This line has been improving for Potomac Mills, Horner Road and Old Hechingers. Yesterday I was the last one waiting at 5:40 and I did get a ride to Hechingers. The person who revived this line made a nice flier that I sent to the slug-lines.com webmaster. If we hand it to our drivers in the mornings this line will move faster. I think it's off to a good start.

Posted By: smccord100
Date Posted: 14 Dec 2006 at 12:24pm
I am need of a rider tonight going to Stafford. I do not get to that area until about 5-10 minutes after 5pm. Is anyone likely to be there at that time? I have picked up there a couple of times, but recently there haven't been as many as usual.

Date Posted: 28 Dec 2006 at 9:09am
Is anyone using the 19th and I slug line as of December 2006? If so, where exactly does it meet?

Thanks...

Posted By: LLittleRae
Date Posted: 29 Jan 2007 at 3:18pm
Does the slugline on 19th & I go to the Horner Road Lot in Woodbridge?

Posted By: LLittleRae
Date Posted: 29 Jan 2007 at 3:22pm
Does the slugline on 19th & I go to the Horner Road Lot in Woodbridge?

Date Posted: 29 Jan 2007 at 7:28pm
As an fyi, twice in the last two weeks cars came by the 19th and F slugline looking for Horner slugs (4 - 4:30). We directed them to your location, so hope it worked out for both parties...

Posted By: eforcedude
Date Posted: 27 Feb 2007 at 8:58am
Is the 19th and I line to 610 still alive? I'd rather walk over there than metro to the Pentagon.

Thanks.

Posted By: taylorkim
Date Posted: 27 Mar 2007 at 9:43am
To the left of the flower stand as you stand facing the road there is a slug line that starts around 3:40 on 19, between H and I, going to Horner. It started at November.

And a word to everyone. If you don't stay put and establish the lines and keep moving elsewhere if you happen to see no one there - then we will end up like lemmings. Let's see some leadership and stick with the spot.

19, between H and Penn to Horner Road.

Date Posted: 03 Apr 2007 at 1:29pm
There is a line that started Nov 2006 that leaves from 19th St between I and Penn, closer to Penn near the flower stand. It goes to Horner Road, and some to Potomac Mills. It starts around 3:40.

Date Posted: 03 Apr 2007 at 1:36pm
It starts around 3:40. It meets on 19th, in between I and Penn, closer to Penn near the flower stand. The go to Stafford and Horner, Potomac Mills.

quote:
Originally posted by Jacquepaz
[br]
quote:

Date Posted: 03 Apr 2007 at 1:38pm
It starts around 3:40. It meets on 19th, in between I and Penn, closer to Penn near the flower stand. This line goes to Horner, Potomac Mills and Stafford.

quote:
Originally posted by LLittleRae
[br]Does the slugline on 19th & I go to the Horner Road Lot in Woodbridge?

Posted By: MikeM24
Date Posted: 03 Oct 2007 at 3:07pm
I decided to try this line Monday October 1st. I got there at about 3:50 and did not get a ride until almost 4:15 and I was third in line.

The line does move if you have patience. The flower stand is now gone, and the line forms just south of the alley off 19th between I and Penn.

Hope to see all you drivers there more often.

Posted By: mecrystl
Date Posted: 05 Feb 2009 at 1:50pm
I used this on xmas eve around 4pm and got there the same time as a driver. It took 15 min to wait for a second rider but once we got on the HOV we got to Potomac Mills in 30 min or less, so including wait time it was only 45 minutes - fabulous.

I will be there again tonight at 5pm to go to Potomac Mills if there is any driver going that way.

Posted By: mecrystl
Date Posted: 06 Feb 2009 at 1:49pm
My attempt to use this line last night was very fruitful. I showed up at 5pm or so and there was a line of about 5 people waiting for Horner and none waiting for Potomac Mills. Several Horner cars came and went during my 10 min wait and finally by 5:12 I was on my way. Got to PM around 5:45 or so due to traffic. The woman who was driving was extremely polite and pleasant, taking more than the required passengers and offering to drive passengers as close to their car as she could. All in all it was a great experience and I will definitely be doing this again in the future.

Posted By: missie1230
Date Posted: 28 Feb 2012 at 12:33pm
I am new to slugging and I will soon be working in the district (20th & L) I am coming from Horner road area. Please any and all advice appreciated. Is this still an active slug line?

Posted By: HOV3Slug
Date Posted: 14 Mar 2012 at 8:55am
Is 19th and I still active? If so, does it go to 234 or Horner or Potomac?
Thanks.

Date Posted: 14 Mar 2012 at 3:39pm
[:)] It's still listed as an active line at the "Afternoon Slug Lines" tab of this website.

http://www.slug-lines.com/PM_lines/19th_&_I_St.asp

Posted By: cmp9969
Date Posted: 05 Apr 2012 at 4:51pm
Does anyone know if this slug line is good for 123 and/or Hechingers? There are a lot of 18th street riders in the morning so this seems ideal for the return.

VA Slugger

Posted By: amantebee
Date Posted: 09 May 2012 at 11:57am
Can we start a Rt 234 Commuter Lot line at 19th and I for afternoon?

Posted By: amantebee
Date Posted: 09 May 2012 at 12:08pm
Yes it is active and goes to Horner and Potomac Mills

quote:
Originally posted by HOV3Slug

Is 19th and I still active? If so, does it go to 234 or Horner or Potomac?
Thanks.

Posted By: bboulter
Date Posted: 15 Aug 2012 at 11:57am
I visited this line a couple week ago to catch an afternoon ride back to Stafford and was told that Stafford does not use this line. Is there a line in NW DC that picks up for the 610 to Stafford?

Brandon Boulter

Posted By: Elemental
Date Posted: 21 Aug 2012 at 10:20am
You can get a ride to 610 - the Mine Rd lot - at 14th & G NW - there is a description of the location on this site under Afternoon Slug Lines.

quote:
Originally posted by bboulter

I visited this line a couple week ago to catch an afternoon ride back to Stafford and was told that Stafford does not use this line. Is there a line in NW DC that picks up for the 610 to Stafford?

Brandon Boulter

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.10 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2017 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net