Print Page | Close Window

redneck drivers

Printed From: Slug-Lines.com
Category: General Slugging Questions and Comments
Forum Name: General Slugging Topics
Forum Description: This is the area for all general slugging comments. To add a comment simply create a new topic or see FAQ for detailed information on how to post comments.
URL: http://www.slug-lines.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=2040
Printed Date: 28 Apr 2024 at 4:44am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 11.10 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: redneck drivers
Posted By: natx
Subject: redneck drivers
Date Posted: 04 Aug 2005 at 3:32pm
I was so mad this morning after I got out at the Pentagon. This dude had the Johnny Cash or somebody cranked up the whole ride, then when he pulls off I see a he had a confederate flag in the back window of his pickup. Isn't that flag illegal to have on a military base? I can't imagine what people thought of me seeing me riding around like that.

Replies:
Posted By: mirangus
Date Posted: 04 Aug 2005 at 4:09pm
Well, you know who not to ride with next time.

Posted By: sluDgE
Date Posted: 04 Aug 2005 at 5:30pm
Maybe it was one of the "Dukes of Hazzard" movie promotions! [:p] Opening tomorrow at a theater near you. [;)]

Keep on sluggin'! [:)]

Posted By: nursechapel
Date Posted: 04 Aug 2005 at 6:23pm
If you see the guy again, tell him how offended you were and ask for a refund of the money you paid him for the trip.

Posted By: mycroftt
Date Posted: 04 Aug 2005 at 7:13pm
quote:
Originally posted by natx
[br]I was so mad this morning after I got out at the Pentagon. This dude had the Johnny Cash or somebody cranked up the whole ride, then when he pulls off I see a he had a confederate flag in the back window of his pickup. Isn't that flag illegal to have on a military base? I can't imagine what people thought of me seeing me riding around like that.

Yeah, and what about the a**hole he had riding with him. He should be ashamed of himself riding around like that.

Posted By: N_or_S_bound
Date Posted: 05 Aug 2005 at 7:31am
All in all though, you got where you were going and got to listen to some good music too. There's a lot about others we may not like and bashing doesn't really solve much. Aren't we supposed to embrace the diversity of America?

NoSb

SOV because you can, HOV because you care!

Posted By: getmehome pweeze
Date Posted: 05 Aug 2005 at 7:31am
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA!!

What about the people who BLAST the gospel?
Or the crackling WTOP news??
OR OR... when the AC is so high, you have frost on your nose hairs???

Here we go with more rants. I'm from the north, and the confederate flag is a sign of racism to me, I think I would have passed on that ride- if it were me. Next time you should take a quick second(if you can) and look before you accept a ride.

:'}

Date Posted: 05 Aug 2005 at 7:34am
Cool GMHP! Yeah, do a walk around of the vehicle to make sure there's NOTHING that offends you. Check the trunk too (never know what lurks there). Once you get in have a thorough briefing for the trip, describing what's expected (e.g. A/C, musical/entertainment preferences, conversational limits, whatever).

How hard can we make this? Enjoy life folks. Embrace the experiences!

NoSb

Posted By: carleric
Date Posted: 05 Aug 2005 at 8:08am
Am I the only one who read the original post as either tongue in cheek humor or an Internet troll just looking to agitate? There's a reason these incendiary posts tend to come from new users, I'm thinking.....

Posted By: HybridDriver
Date Posted: 05 Aug 2005 at 8:08am
quote:
Originally posted by N_or_S_bound
[br]All in all though, you got where you were going and got to listen to some good music too. There's a lot about others we may not like and bashing doesn't really solve much. Aren't we supposed to embrace the diversity of America?

NoSb

People can only embrace diversity or open mindedness if it meets with THEIR particular viewpoints. Jeez.

--------
2005 Honda Civic Hybrid
Funny, I've never been in a motorcycle only traffic jam!

Posted By: HybridDriver
Date Posted: 05 Aug 2005 at 8:11am
quote:
Originally posted by carleric
[br]Am I the only one who read the original post as either tongue in cheek humor or an Internet troll just looking to agitate? There's a reason these incendiary posts tend to come from new users, I'm thinking.....

"Nat X" was the old racist Chris Rock skit on SNL. Troll most likely.

--------
2005 Honda Civic Hybrid
Funny, I've never been in a motorcycle only traffic jam!

Posted By: ohio 7
Date Posted: 05 Aug 2005 at 8:22am
I don't know about embracing and enjoying the slugging experience. For the vast majority of us it's a cheap means of getting home or to work, not a trip to Disney World that one looks forward to with glee.

I suppose that we should check the hanging flags in some cars to see if that country's driver is one that we would allow ourselves to be see with! (Don't laugh - a co-worker saw me in a car that had a Puerto Rican flag in with a driver to match and, as one of Mexican descent, said he couldn't be seen in that car). Good grief, it's a free ride people. Let's not start the Civil War all over again. Why bother to post something of this nature anyway? It's his car and Johnny Cash sure beats the loud rappa dappa that I had to put up with this morning all the way up to L St.

I merely pulled out my very effective ear plugs. I didn't even hear him talking to me as I read my paper. He chuckled when he saw my rap-guards in my ears.

Date Posted: 05 Aug 2005 at 9:08am
YO G-money, the SOUTH LOST!!!!! (sorry, in the north, we celebrate MLK day, not Stonewall Jackson day...)

Sometimes its hard to accept that everyone has different viewpoints on things, I wish instead of ear plugs there were diversity plugs!!

Posted By: vaqtpie
Date Posted: 05 Aug 2005 at 9:30am
I remember that Nat-X skit from SNL. It was hilarious. Maybe the person posting it was just making a point about some of the silly complaints posted since it's been warm outside.

Posted By: carleric
Date Posted: 05 Aug 2005 at 9:31am
If ear plugs are designed to keep the noise out, then wouldn't diversity plugs be designed to keep the diversity out? :)

Date Posted: 05 Aug 2005 at 9:42am
Where's the slug love?

As an aside ... Redneck humor is often funny. Jeff Foxworthy made loads of money with jokes like:
You might be a Redneck if your mama hollers from the bathroom, "Come heah quick and see this thang before I flush it!" [:p]

Posted By: gtivr6ps
Date Posted: 05 Aug 2005 at 10:23am
The slugging etiquette rule book states that there should be no conversations regarding sex, politics or religion. Now I believe that the Slug-lines.com User Manual states in chapter 5 section 4.1 paragragh 2: "Think before you type, if it sounds stoooopid, then it probably is."

Will we ever get over these?

Posted By: SpotsySlugBug
Date Posted: 05 Aug 2005 at 10:45am
It would be rather ironic if this driver was playing Johhny Cash considering Cash's 60's and 70s music spoke out against the old school good-ole-boys "racist values". hmmm....me thinks this one's a troll...

TGIF!!![8D]

Posted By: vabigblue
Date Posted: 05 Aug 2005 at 10:51am
natx - I can get mad at a lot of things, but getting a free ride and listening to Johnny isn't two of them. The confederate flag wouldn't even make me mad by just sitting there. Don't forget, you jumped in.

Posted By: defender
Date Posted: 05 Aug 2005 at 12:28pm
Trust no one with fewer than 49 postings. Of whom they are, you do not know.

Sorry about that, Ohio7.

Date Posted: 05 Aug 2005 at 12:32pm
All my postings are rubbish, does that make me "trustable"?

NoSb

Posted By: Max_28756
Date Posted: 05 Aug 2005 at 12:36pm
I few more comments that say nothing and I can be trusted too?
I thought it was the wise man who thinks before he speaks. Now it's the Slug who speaks to be trusted. Wow, it's good to be an American!

Posted By: Luvmyhybrid
Date Posted: 05 Aug 2005 at 1:10pm
quote:
Originally posted by defender
[br]Trust no one with fewer than 49 postings. Of whom they are, you do not know.

Sorry about that, Ohio7.

Here we go again....if you're a "new" slug to the site, you have to pass the "God of the Slugs" test before we believe anything you say. And you all say you want to PROMOTE slugging...

Posted By: emancilla
Date Posted: 05 Aug 2005 at 2:41pm
And here you go again, including everyone in the picture...

Posted By: Luvmyhybrid
Date Posted: 05 Aug 2005 at 2:48pm
quote:
Originally posted by emancilla
[br]And here you go again, including everyone in the picture...

What's the saying....if the shoe fits....

Date Posted: 05 Aug 2005 at 2:55pm
Should anyone want to cause strife and division within this forum, it wouldn't be too hard.

A valid complaint or report (e.g. theft, vandalism) should be focused on prevention for future slugging. A rant is just that. Take what we can learn from it and press on.

Let's play nice and keep on sluggin'! (as sludge would say)

NoSb

Posted By: emancilla
Date Posted: 05 Aug 2005 at 3:01pm

quote:
Originally posted by Luvmyhybrid
[br]
quote:
Originally posted by emancilla
[br]And here you go again, including everyone in the picture...

What's the saying....if the shoe fits....

Oh, ok. [:)]

Posted By: lvalleburke
Date Posted: 08 Aug 2005 at 10:21am
Hmmm...natx hasn't posted anything since he/she started the redneck drivers thread...

Posted By: natx
Date Posted: 08 Aug 2005 at 11:41am
I'd have been back sooner, but the man only allows me one post per week.

I was just getting tired of reading about all y'all whining about how hot it is. It don't take much to get you going.

Posted By: RCA
Date Posted: 08 Aug 2005 at 12:39pm
Try having a sense of humor. It's not the first time you've seen that flag and it probably won't be the last. Think of how many people you have ridden with who believe in that flag and simply don't display it - or worse. I mean - It's the confederate battle flag...doesn't carry much weight in 2005 unless you choose to allow it to. As for me, I would have probably engaged the driver about the abrupt firings of Free and A.J on 106 and Park, or Being Bobby Brown...maybe he/she had some serious thoughts on the growing popularity of Barac Obama...everyone loves Oprah - try to engage in some "Oprah Talk"...either way...look before you leap...

"Only a fool tests the depths of the oceans with both feet"

RCA.....and I'm Ba-a-a-a-a-a-a-a-a-a-a-ck.[:p]

Posted By: Dhacim
Date Posted: 08 Aug 2005 at 1:47pm
quote:
Originally posted by getmehome pweeze
[br] I'm from the north, and the confederate flag is a sign of racism to me, I think I would have passed on that ride- if it were me. Next time you should take a quick second(if you can) and look before you accept a ride.

Oh Gosh, here we go....That is one of the most ignorant comments I have ever read. The Confederate flag is not a sign of racism. I'm sorry you are from the North and don't understand but the Confederate flag was adopted by the south to give them a unique symbol just like the American Flag or Union Flag which still flies today.

A proud southerner by birth, and through life, I am not offended by your Union flag. Please go educate yourself on the Confederate flag rather than say it is a symbol of racism. It is only such now because people have made it as such. Ask yourself this.....Were there slaves in the north? If you don't know the answer visit this website http://www.slavenorth.com/ enjoy, and please don't offend other freedom loving southerners like myself.....

Date Posted: 08 Aug 2005 at 2:10pm
Sorry for stating an opinion (Which is that of MANY people other than myself), I bet you feel intelligent because you added a thread of history to your posting. Slavery was everywhere, we were all taught that in school. Like I said, your proud south, LOST. boooo...hoooo...hoooo.... Why don't you go reinact it now. That is what you do on the weekends, isnt it?

There now, I insulted you and assumed your a redneck, does that make us even now?

Posted By: AveMaria
Date Posted: 08 Aug 2005 at 2:32pm
Here is where it's gonna get REALLY ugly....

It will be a pivotal point where this website plunges into sewal depths...

Posted By: EnufisEnuf
Date Posted: 08 Aug 2005 at 3:59pm
getmehome pweeze has nothing better to do but taunt people. Who cares? If you don't have nothing nice to say or something constructive to add (like me), go away! EnufisEnuf. Enufsaid!

Posted By: Sticky Bandaid
Date Posted: 08 Aug 2005 at 4:06pm
Children, children . . . . sigh. . .

Posted By: mirangus
Date Posted: 08 Aug 2005 at 4:09pm
quote:
[br]Sorry for stating an opinion (Which is that of MANY people other than myself), I bet you feel intelligent because you added a thread of history to your posting. Slavery was everywhere, we were all taught that in school. Like I said, your proud south, LOST. boooo...hoooo...hoooo.... Why don't you go reinact it now. That is what you do on the weekends, isnt it?

There now, I insulted you and assumed your a redneck, does that make us even now?

Is this the part where we all take our balls and bats and go home to tell our mommies??

Date Posted: 08 Aug 2005 at 4:35pm
Hey, wasn't it a smooth commute in this morning? I sure hope it's as good going home as it was on the way in. Had a couple really good slugs riding with me too! Meet the friendliest people slugging!

NoSb

Date Posted: 09 Aug 2005 at 7:40am
You people are funny. Ever since the summer started this site has gone from informational to complaining, making racial slurs, and rude sexual comments. Twice in the past two weeks I posted legitimate questions for help, with no more than 1 or 2 responses. Then I come on a posting like this one, state my opinion, like plenty of others did, and get ripped for it. Whatever man.

Posted By: protocol
Date Posted: 09 Aug 2005 at 7:56am
Actually, Dhacim, you don't get to tell me what's a symbol and what isn't in my mind. I get to decide that. In some ways, the Confederate flag DOES symbolize slavery to me. Only slavery? Of course not.
A good example is the reason for the Civil War (or War Between the States or whatever you want it called). Saying it was caused by slavery is not even remotely a complete answer, but it is not WRONG to do so, either. It's just not the whole story. Slavery was undeniably a factor. Maybe slavery was a convenient vehicle for states righters to use, and there were certainly economic factors as well, but slavery is (right or wrong) the face of the Civil War. And so is that flag.
So, based on that rationale, the flag means slavery to me. It doesn't to you, and that's fine by me - but don't tell me what to think.

Date Posted: 09 Aug 2005 at 8:05am
Another wonderful trip in this morning with few slowdowns in the HOV. One slug enjoyed reading the paper until he got bored and then went to sleep. The other slug curled up immediately and went to sleep. Listened to some good radio on the way in and made the most of the slugging/commuting situation. Hope others are looking on the positive side of things today too.

Oh, maybe the commute is becoming less painful as I can see the light at the end of the tunnel (and it's not a train!). In less than a month, I may be commuting 4 miles to work. Lessee, that will be 6 minutes on a good day, to what? 12 minutes on a bad day. Can't even get to the commuter lot in that amount of time on most days!

Have loved engaging in good conversation with the slugging community. Enjoy this day!

NoSb

Date Posted: 09 Aug 2005 at 12:46pm
quote:
Originally posted by protocol
[br]Actually, Dhacim, you don't get to tell me what's a symbol and what isn't in my mind. I get to decide that. In some ways, the Confederate flag DOES symbolize slavery to me. Only slavery? Of course not.
A good example is the reason for the Civil War (or War Between the States or whatever you want it called). Saying it was caused by slavery is not even remotely a complete answer, but it is not WRONG to do so, either. It's just not the whole story. Slavery was undeniably a factor. Maybe slavery was a convenient vehicle for states righters to use, and there were certainly economic factors as well, but slavery is (right or wrong) the face of the Civil War. And so is that flag.
So, based on that rationale, the flag means slavery to me. It doesn't to you, and that's fine by me - but don't tell me what to think.

No one was telling you what to think. I was merely responding to a post in which GetMeHomePweeze stated that those who sport the Confederate flag in their windows were racist...which BTW is completely false. Some maybe, but definitely not all. Its a sign of southern heritage. Take it for what its worth.

GMHP..... Nice insult, I wasn't trying to feel intelligent, I was merely assuming that you were making the comment based upon your lack of education not shear ignorance of the history of slavery, I was giving you the benefit of the doubt. As far as the South losing.....yeah who really cares, we are one country again and the was the whole goal to begin with. Makes no difference to me that the Union Flag is now the symbol of our great freedom loving country. I'm proud to be an American, just glad I have never resided north of the Smith and Wesson line, that is all.

Great slug ride today, I apologize to all that had to read these threads, including mine. [:D]

Posted By: NoSUV
Date Posted: 09 Aug 2005 at 1:19pm
Wow! Great commutes the past few days, EVEN WITH THE HYBRID EXEMPTION! Wish VDOT could see how wrong they were.

Posted By: RCA
Date Posted: 09 Aug 2005 at 3:05pm
Dhacim...

I'm not going to get into a battle of "history" with you - but the Confederate Flag wasn't conceived from the "hey, let's get a cool original flag for our side" approach that you just tried to perpetuate. I hope (sincerely) that you don't believe that. I love to hear people argue what the South was fighting for...does it really matter? They fought - they lost. Did that automatically make America great and equal for us all...hmmmm....errrrr...NO. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and everyone who entitles themself is also subject to reverb. Bottom line - ignore the flag, don't ride if it offends you, and don't try to tell me what "history" is when you're wrong.

HILARIOUS

Come on ya'll - let's just get there and back safe and sound eh?[8]

Date Posted: 09 Aug 2005 at 4:05pm
Actually RCA, there was no Confederate Flag until March of 1861, when following the formation of the Confederate States of America, the leaders of the newly formed "Country" if you will, held a convention to create a flag unique from that of the Union States. The original design was known as Stars and Bars, and closely resembled that of the Union flag, however it was easily confused on the battle field. As a result the Beauregard Battle Flag, aka Confederate Flag, was created to give the south a unique look during battle. This occurred in July of 1861.

You may want to check your history out.....

And you're right it doesn't matter, so why perpetuate it by telling an individual that they are wrong about something?

Date Posted: 09 Aug 2005 at 4:11pm
Besides I was attempting to nicely end the badgering on this board RCA.

You live in Fredericksburg....You should know better.

Date Posted: 09 Aug 2005 at 4:16pm
What does it take to have the last word?

Someone walking away and not having the last......

NoSb

Date Posted: 09 Aug 2005 at 4:24pm
Clever...Thats Uhura style.

Date Posted: 10 Aug 2005 at 7:10am
You're right, probably uncalled for. My apologies.

NoSb

Posted By: qorc
Date Posted: 10 Aug 2005 at 7:38am
amazed that this thread is allowed to exist but when anyone even posted something about a single black driver, it was deleted.

So it's ok to use words and generalizations like "redneck", but apparently every other group is "off limits" here.

Personally, I think this thread should be deleted. It's not only boorish, but I think some might be offended (and no, I'm from the north, thanks).

Date Posted: 10 Aug 2005 at 8:44am
quote:
Originally posted by Dhacim
[br]

"And you're right it doesn't matter, so why perpetuate it by telling an individual that they are wrong about something?"

You know, I wasnt going to respond any more on this post, but come on, were you NOT the one who told me I was wrong about my OPINION of what I FEEL the flag means to ME?? ha...

BTW, you dont have to respond, its not necessary.

Date Posted: 10 Aug 2005 at 8:50am
WORD

Posted By: lvalleburke
Date Posted: 10 Aug 2005 at 10:06am
quote:
Originally posted by qorc
[br]amazed that this thread is allowed to exist but when anyone even posted something about a single black driver, it was deleted.

So it's ok to use words and generalizations like "redneck", but apparently every other group is "off limits" here.

Personally, I think this thread should be deleted. It's not only boorish, but I think some might be offended (and no, I'm from the north, thanks).

I agree, we have all these posts about "Naked Guatemalans" and "I Have Latin Fever" and those were kept on....so not right.[V]
They were uncalled for and so is this threads title.

Date Posted: 10 Aug 2005 at 10:07am
quote:
[br]
quote:
[br]

"And you're right it doesn't matter, so why perpetuate it by telling an individual that they are wrong about something?"

You know, I wasnt going to respond any more on this post, but come on, were you NOT the one who told me I was wrong about my OPINION of what I FEEL the flag means to ME?? ha...

Actually that post was for RCA. I was simply trying to say it is an often misunderstood, misinterpreted symbol. That's it, no more, no less. I guess I get a little jazzed up when people throw out that is is a sign of racism to them, because to me its not.

And I agree with gorc, it is offensive to make a generalization which is why I responded so harshly. Just as ethnicity makes our country diverse, so does regional heritage. Only difference is one is PC, the other is apparently not.

Also, I again apologize that this thread has gone on so long......

Posted By: Slugenius
Date Posted: 10 Aug 2005 at 3:33pm
quote:
[br]
quote:
[br]
quote:
[br]

Actually that post was for RCA. I was simply trying to say it is an often misunderstood, misinterpreted symbol. That's it, no more, no less. I guess I get a little jazzed up when people throw out that is is a sign of racism to them, because to me its not.

And I agree with gorc, it is offensive to make a generalization which is why I responded so harshly. Just as ethnicity makes our country diverse, so does regional heritage. Only difference is one is PC, the other is apparently not.

Also, I again apologize that this thread has gone on so long......

Dhacim, RCA, you're both idiots!

I love Naked Guatemalans!!

Posted By: lilsweetva
Date Posted: 10 Aug 2005 at 3:36pm
quote:
Originally posted by natx
[br]I was so mad this morning after I got out at the Pentagon. This dude had the Johnny Cash or somebody cranked up the whole ride, then when he pulls off I see a he had a confederate flag in the back window of his pickup. Isn't that flag illegal to have on a military base? I can't imagine what people thought of me seeing me riding around like that.
umm new to this but i want a star

Posted By: lilsweetva
Date Posted: 10 Aug 2005 at 3:41pm
quote:
Originally posted by lvalleburke
[br]
quote:
Originally posted by qorc
[br]amazed that this thread is allowed to exist but when anyone even posted something about a single black driver, it was deleted.

I agree, we have all these posts about "Naked Guatemalans" and "I Have Latin Fever" and those were kept on....so not right.[V]
They were uncalled for and so is this threads title.

[:0]

ok i want a nother star and i dont really know how to do this so here we go

Date Posted: 11 Aug 2005 at 9:04am
Brilliant post, now we have people just hunting for stars on this site. AWESOME!

Posted By: flatulentsluggerhugger
Date Posted: 11 Aug 2005 at 2:43pm
Redneck Family Tree

Many many years ago when I was twenty three,
I got married to a widow who was pretty as could be.
This widow had a grown-up daughter
Who had hair of red.
My father fell in love with her,
And soon the two were wed.

This made my dad my son-in-law
And changed my very life.
My daughter was my mother,
For she was my father's wife.
To complicate the matters worse,
Although it brought me joy.
I soon became the father
Of a bouncing baby boy.

My little baby then became
A brother-in-law to dad.
And so became my uncle,
Though it made me very sad.
For if he was my uncle,
Then that also made him brother
To the widow's grown-up daughter
Who, of course, was my step-mother.

Father's wife then had a son,
Who kept them on the run.
And he became my grandson,
For he was my daughter's son.
My wife is now my mother's mother
And it makes me blue.
Because, although she is my wife,
She's my grandma too.

If my wife is my grandmother,
Then I am her grandchild.
And every time I think of it,
It simply drives me wild.
For now I have become
The strangest case you ever saw.
As the husband of my grandmother,
I am my own grandpa!!

VOTE HOT!!!! SO GAS PASSERS LIKE ME WON'T ANNOY YOU!!!

whoever smealt it dealt it!!!!

Date Posted: 11 Aug 2005 at 3:35pm
Pure Genius Mr. Flatulessence. Please carry on with these brilliant posts.

Posted By: mikester
Date Posted: 19 Aug 2005 at 11:08am
All these long, petty threads reminds me of a pearl of wisdom I heard once. "Arguing on the internet is like the special olympics, no matter who wins, you're still retarded"

Posted By: coulbc
Date Posted: 19 Aug 2005 at 1:36pm
You know what offends me? People who are easily offended, that's who.
The Flag can be interpreted in many ways. Do you think banning the flag will somehow eradicate rascism? The more you try to supress someones point of view, the louder they get. There is no right and wrong answer. Dont like the flag, then dont ride.

Date Posted: 19 Aug 2005 at 3:39pm
havent you noticed, this thread topic was dropped 8 days ago- and some of us argued that this thread ended up pointless, and that it should be dropped, then some newbies decide to drag it back up to the top??

Date Posted: 23 Aug 2005 at 3:46pm
Runoverherpweeze!!!

Date Posted: 25 Aug 2005 at 8:12am
go put some salt on yourself, slug!!

Date Posted: 08 Sep 2005 at 9:32am
I rode with a guy that had the "Stars and Bars" flag on his rear windshield. Very nice old guy in a small gray toyota sedan. Just curious, but would this also offend people since it represents the antebellum south?

Date Posted: 08 Sep 2005 at 12:56pm
GO PUT SALT ON YOUR SELF, sorry, let this topic end, pweeze.

Posted By: Tupe
Date Posted: 09 Sep 2005 at 12:24pm
It's a free country. If someone wants to pick it back up again, that's their privilege. It is real simple -- you don't like that its continuing? Don't read it. Geez.

quote:
[br]GO PUT SALT ON YOUR SELF, sorry, let this topic end, pweeze.

Posted By: shahedC
Date Posted: 09 Sep 2005 at 12:58pm
yeah, getmehome pweeze, why does it bother you if a topic like this is brought up.. if someone hasn't participated in it yet, he/she has every right to bring it back up again..

topics that can be left alone, are:
- those in which someone asks a specific question, and they got their question answered...
- something that is completely irrelevant to this board,
- a topic that gets out of hand, and thus becomes irrelevant to the original post in the thread..

Date Posted: 09 Sep 2005 at 2:15pm
lets see- this topic- DID get out of hand, off topic, and irrelevent. I went back and read it because I was invovled with some of the actual topic of conversation. Have a nice weekend. And yes, to ME, the "stars and bars", is a sign of racism. Whatever man.

Posted By: Joma
Date Posted: 09 Sep 2005 at 4:08pm
Ditto. I agree.

quote:
Originally posted by shahedC
[br]yeah, getmehome pweeze, why does it bother you if a topic like this is brought up.. if someone hasn't participated in it yet, he/she has every right to bring it back up again..

topics that can be left alone, are:
- those in which someone asks a specific question, and they got their question answered...
- something that is completely irrelevant to this board,
- a topic that gets out of hand, and thus becomes irrelevant to the original post in the thread..

Posted By: lotsa
Date Posted: 09 Sep 2005 at 4:10pm
So what, if in your opinion it got out of hand? As Tupe says, "It's a free country" and fortunately "you are not the boss of us."

quote:
[br]lets see- this topic- DID get out of hand, off topic, and irrelevent. I went back and read it because I was invovled with some of the actual topic of conversation. Have a nice weekend. And yes, to ME, the "stars and bars", is a sign of racism. Whatever man.

Posted By: BillyBackSeat
Date Posted: 11 Sep 2005 at 9:46pm
Who the hell are you to label everyone with a confederate flag a racist? And who put you in charge of this board? I have lived north, south, east and west and the worst racists I ever saw were in Boston. And thats a town full of slackjawed liberal democrats. But hey that is just my opinion. Which is at least as good as yours.

quote:
[br]lets see- this topic- DID get out of hand, off topic, and irrelevent. I went back and read it because I was invovled with some of the actual topic of conversation. Have a nice weekend. And yes, to ME, the "stars and bars", is a sign of racism. Whatever man.

Hug a slug today

Posted By: ehoberg
Date Posted: 12 Sep 2005 at 9:23am
What's the difference between hopping in a car with the confederate flag listening to Johnny Cash and getting in the car with someone blasting christian music or a sermon?

I literally had to chew up paper to plug my ears because a woman had a sermon up as loud as possible. I had to kindly ask her to turn it down (and the preacher was using the "revelate" in terms of the revelations. hello? the verb is reveal) or getting into a car where someone is glued to a cell phone on the horn with their pastor. I find it incredibly offensive because in my opinion that crap has nothing to do with christianity. it's completely specious. Is it appropriate for me to say that in this forum? no, but it's not appropriate for others to impose their views in this forum either.

At least you saw the flag. when you get into an unmarked car and the christian yelling spews out of the radio, you're an unwitting hostage for the duration of the ride.

Posted By: hotscr17
Date Posted: 12 Sep 2005 at 11:13am
It's the driver's choice to play or listen to what they want to, even if it bothers you. I'm sure we've all put up with 1 million hours of WTOP or some music we don't like. If you don't like it then don't ride with them next time or just use your own MP3 player.

Christian Music Rocks!!!!!

Date Posted: 12 Sep 2005 at 12:08pm
Is this the kid's sandbox?!?

Can I play, please, pretty please!>?

NoSb

Date Posted: 12 Sep 2005 at 4:39pm
It may be up to the driver but the suggestion is to not play anything political or controversial on the radio.

That's why when I drove, I elected to not put on Howard Stern.

Date Posted: 13 Sep 2005 at 7:49am
Everything is philosophical though and therefore controversial. Doesn't matter if I just "like the music, but don't listen to the lyrics", all music, news, poems, commentary, anything spoken, is spoken from a philosophical viewpoint even in jest.

Would be a very quiet, disconnected world were we not to engage with one another in loving, understanding ways in order to understand where others are coming from and thus LEARN about those around us.

NoSb

Date Posted: 13 Sep 2005 at 12:22pm
The point of a forum is to post OPINIONS, I posted mine, as have others, some have agreed, some have not. Oh well if my opinion does not match yours, thats life.

Date Posted: 13 Sep 2005 at 12:42pm
quote:
[br]The point of a forum is to post OPINIONS, I posted mine, as have others, some have agreed, some have not. Oh well if my opinion does not match yours, thats life.

Every thing is not philosophical and therefore controversial. there are somethings that are immeutible. It does not promote connection when one person foists his religious or political or social proclivities on another. It subrogates. I don't think our playing of certain charged materials in the cars are for altruistic reasons; it's not so we can all embrace differences; it's to proliferate our own ideas and to quash the ideas of others.

I usually tolerate the religious stuff because the ride is free and is the hurt my asking the stuff be turned off worth my comfort? no. Do I expect the person of faith to be as considerate? ironically, no. In the case of my objection, the volume was up loud. I mean loud. so I did have grounds to complain.

alrighty.

Date Posted: 13 Sep 2005 at 12:50pm
anything loud can be requested to be turned down. I'm a driver and I'd expect the rider in back to remind me if I forgot to move the fade to front. I'm hard of hearing anyways, so whatever is playing in my vehicle is probably loud to more sensitive ears.

your ideas can't be quashed unless you let them be. know what you know and why you know it and then stand by it (that's a philosophy too).

Everything does derive from a philosophy of life, that's why we can think whereas some forms of matter can't. Maybe it's not foisting so much as the person wants to listen to something (be it Stern or Swindoll) while on the road.

You're doing well to tolerate it. I applaud that. I'd hope folks are forthright enough to tell me if they have a preference to my CCR!

NoSb

Posted By: Joma
Date Posted: 14 Sep 2005 at 7:35am
"Just my opinion," but YOU make way too many unnecessary and juvenile comments.

quote:
Originally posted by N_or_S_bound
[br]Is this the kid's sandbox?!?

Can I play, please, pretty please!>?

NoSb

Date Posted: 14 Sep 2005 at 8:13am
So Sorry Joma,

I can't please everybody, but will try to be more mature from this day forth. Thanks for the pointer!

NoSb

Posted By: HockeyFan
Date Posted: 14 Sep 2005 at 8:38am
You wasted our time with that posting? What type of music do you listen to? I suppose you would rather live in a communist state instead of the one we live in now? Just because he has a confederate flag doesn't mean is a racist like you are suggesting.

Posted By: Beckie5
Date Posted: 14 Sep 2005 at 1:04pm
Slugging is a form of hitchhiking, and if you don't like other peoples choices in music, and our freedom to express ourshelves then drive yourself! The confederate flags goes doesn't make him a racist anymore then civilian war historial sites or battlefields make a state racist. It's a part of American history!

Beckie K

Posted By: Thanks4TheRide
Date Posted: 14 Sep 2005 at 1:08pm
Don't look, my license plate might offend you *roll eye's*

Date Posted: 14 Sep 2005 at 1:53pm
Holy Crap! Go out of town and this message blows up. Way to go Genius!

Good thing about Stars and Bars is that most people are too uneducated to know that it was a precursor to the Confederate flag, and is not widely recognized like the Confederate flag is.

I personally have a Stars and Bars flag on my car, it looks very similar to the original American Flag, and most people think it is.

PS.

Not a racist, just from good ole North Cack o' lack, and a big time history buff....

Posted By: mroyal
Date Posted: 14 Sep 2005 at 5:05pm
quote:
[br]Good thing about Stars and Bars is that most people are too uneducated to know that it was a precursor to the Confederate flag, and is not widely recognized like the Confederate flag is.

Yea, the "uneducated" are some of the ones making comments. They think they are talking about the Battle Flag or perhaps the Navy Jack when they say Stars and Bars.

edited to add this URL
http://www.usflag.org/history/confederatestarsandbars.html

I have "University of Smith & Wesson" on my truck. Wave if you see me.

Kindest Regards,

mroyal

Posted By: vaqtpie
Date Posted: 14 Sep 2005 at 7:56pm
I wonder what he'd think of my rebel flag tattoo?

Date Posted: 16 Sep 2005 at 11:51am
My head hurts now. Hockeyfan, who r u talking too?? 4 pages of arguing.

Date Posted: 16 Sep 2005 at 1:51pm
Pie,
[:p] Probably would depend on where the tattoo is located. [:p]
[:0] On your forehead or somewhere more "exotic"? [:0]

Posted By: fryed_1
Date Posted: 19 Sep 2005 at 11:25am
I think I'll add a gun rack, in addition to my confederate flag, to my back window. Possibly turn the console into a spit bucket for all to use.

Date Posted: 21 Sep 2005 at 1:27pm
GMHP,

I'm going to guess hockey fan was either talking to you, or one of your ignorant cohorts.

Posted By: goober
Date Posted: 21 Sep 2005 at 1:37pm
URGENT: remember to attend the

Advisory Panel Meeting Agenda
Wed., September 21, 2005 -- TONIGHT
6:00 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.
Prince William County
Ferlazzo Auditorium
Prince William County
15941 Donald Curtis Drive
Woodbridge, Virginia 22192

Goober

Date Posted: 28 Sep 2005 at 1:04pm
I bet 122582 or whatever, is a racist friggin redneck. Tip this buddy!

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.10 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2017 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net