Print Page | Close Window

Etiquette: Do Not Hold Your Slug Captive

Printed From: Slug-Lines.com
Category: General Slugging Questions and Comments
Forum Name: General Slugging Topics
Forum Description: This is the area for all general slugging comments. To add a comment simply create a new topic or see FAQ for detailed information on how to post comments.
URL: http://www.slug-lines.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=2048
Printed Date: 28 Apr 2024 at 8:01pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 11.10 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Etiquette: Do Not Hold Your Slug Captive
Posted By: Rebecca22193
Subject: Etiquette: Do Not Hold Your Slug Captive
Date Posted: 09 Aug 2005 at 7:16am
This morning I took a ride from Rt 17 to the Pentagon. I was teaching my son the slugging ropes. He works construction and it's very important for him to get to work on time.

A 2-door car pulls up. We stuff ourselves in the car. The driver says, "I'm driving directly to corridor 3. I hope that's okay. I want to get a good parking space." I said, "Actually, it's not because I need to show my son where the subway is and we're on a tight schedule to get him to Virginia Square by 7." I grabbed for the door handle and she actually stepped on the gas !!!

NOTE: Red Honda Civic; Tags: Miss FL

I'm sure I don't need to remind everyone of the "stopping short" policy, but even worse, I felt that I was held captive! I know this sounds dramatic, but it simply p1sses you off when someone steps on the gas when you clearly want to get out of the car.

I can understand if she says this to someone and they work at the Pentagon, or they just don't mind the walk or extra time. But when someone says "No," then let them out of the car for god's sake.

Whew! Thanks carpooling buddies I feel better now.

Becky

Replies:
Posted By: getmehome pweeze
Date Posted: 09 Aug 2005 at 7:43am
Is there a law for slug abuse? That women was just plain rude.

:'}

Posted By: carleric
Date Posted: 09 Aug 2005 at 7:48am
Wow. If a car is not going to the most common drop off point, it HAS to be ok for the rider to get out. The driver here was incredibly rude.

Posted By: govtchick1990
Date Posted: 09 Aug 2005 at 9:14am
You should just appreciate the ride to work and besides if you weren't so HUGE of a woman then you should NOT have got in the vehicle. Not everyone is going to be at your beckon call...get over it...

Date Posted: 09 Aug 2005 at 9:20am
Also, please don't EVER slam my vehicle door again. Also just to let you know it is my privacy for you to NOT e-mail me at work after getting info off my badge in the vehicle. So DON"T HARASS ME AT MY JOB...if you do I WILL REPORT YOU...

Date Posted: 09 Aug 2005 at 9:21am
quote:
Originally posted by govtchick1990
[br]You should just appreciate the ride to work and besides if you weren't so HUGE of a woman then you should NOT have got in the vehicle. Not everyone is going to be at your beckon call...get over it...

I always appreciate a kind ride to work. (But remember, there's always a car behind you -- you're just not all that special.)

If I am not going where you (ahem), I mean where the driver is going, why make me? There were 20 other people in line, most of whom probably work in the Pentagon and could have cared less. Force me to ride to save 30 seconds of switching out? Sorry, that's just incredibly rude.

As far as physical, personal slams? That just proves my point.

Have a nice day.

Becky

Date Posted: 09 Aug 2005 at 9:21am
WHOA! WE FOUND the culprit...even rude on posts!! (or or, could it be another newbie out to start problems....)

Posted By: P8R10TZ
Date Posted: 09 Aug 2005 at 9:24am
/ignore govtchick1990

Rebecca, sorry to hear about your problem this morning. Please realize most drivers are not that way and will try to make your ride enjoyable and take you where you need to go.

Date Posted: 09 Aug 2005 at 9:25am
quote:
[br]Also, please don't EVER slam my vehicle door again. Also just to let you know it is my privacy for you to NOT e-mail me at work after getting info off my badge in the vehicle. So DON"T HARASS ME AT MY JOB...if you do I WILL REPORT YOU...

Just for the record, and my final post on this issue -- I did not slam the car door. My son was still in the back getting out. As far as your badge number and emailing you at work? Say what? I don't even know what the hell you're talking about.

Becky

Posted By: 122582
Date Posted: 09 Aug 2005 at 9:26am
I don't see dropping you at corridor 3 versus the designated drop off point as a huge inconvenience, though the Pentagon police will smack a driver around for not using the designated pick up line.

The driver was totally out of line by not letting you out when you stated you had a problem with the alternate drop off point. If you really had a great problem with this ride, why did you not whip out the cell phone and call 911 (since you felt like you were in a hostage situation).

Posted By: N_or_S_bound
Date Posted: 09 Aug 2005 at 9:28am
Ok, maybe this is a genuine catfight, maybe not. Maybe it's just a couple newbies putting on a show for others to grovel in the mud with them.

/ignore all drivel

NoSb

SOV because you can, HOV because you care!

Date Posted: 09 Aug 2005 at 9:29am
Well when that person said Pentagon you should not have got in the vehicle if you saw you were going to be cramped. She might NOT have heard you even say those words when your sitting there with a NASTY COLD sounding all sick and geezz give her a break she drives everyday and has never had any complaints until today...cant' make everybody happy....

Date Posted: 09 Aug 2005 at 9:33am
WOMAN, JUST APPRECIATE THE RIDE!!! YES YOU DID SLAM MY DOOR AND CALL ME A NASTY NAME WHEN YOU WALKED AWAY>>>>

Posted By: natx
Date Posted: 09 Aug 2005 at 9:46am
CATFIGHT!
I'll bring the crisco and you two can have it out over by Boundary Channel.

Everyone's invited!

Tickets just $1.00

Posted By: Kelly Morris
Date Posted: 09 Aug 2005 at 10:04am
Lady, you are a nut. I will never accept a ride from you. I thank God I don't work with you, as well!! Crazy Lady.

quote:
[br]WOMAN, JUST APPRECIATE THE RIDE!!! YES YOU DID SLAM MY DOOR AND CALL ME A NASTY NAME WHEN YOU WALKED AWAY>>>>

Posted By: emancilla
Date Posted: 09 Aug 2005 at 10:18am
[sigh/nodding]

Date Posted: 09 Aug 2005 at 10:35am
Kelly, no worries I don't pick up in Woodbridge...it's pretty bad when your passenger also smells like they need an extra bath...

Posted By: burkhartmg
Date Posted: 09 Aug 2005 at 10:40am
I'm not going to speak about the personalities involved (I think one person is right and the other is wrong and the text herein gives you all the information you need to decide, don't you think?), but I think we can all agree that none of us have a right to push our agenda onto others.

Riders don't have a right to prod drivers to make a "teensy weensy detour" just to save them a few steps. To the same end, drivers don't have a right to drop off at a different location than what's expected.

Drivers need riders and riders need drivers. Neither is more important than the other. Let's all be adults and stick to the rules. It makes life a whole lot easier.

Date Posted: 09 Aug 2005 at 10:53am
quote:
Originally posted by burkhartmg
[br]

Drivers need riders and riders need drivers. Neither is more important than the other. Let's all be adults and stick to the rules. It makes life a whole lot easier.

True. It's interesting. In all my years of doing this, I've not had even one unpleasant experience. I really don't understand why there's so much of this stuff going on. Stafford and south used to be friendly people. Sounds like we're getting some of the DC metro crowd moving in who forgot manners and courtesy a long time ago.

NoSb

Posted By: Kelly Morris
Date Posted: 09 Aug 2005 at 10:53am
I’m sure it was your nasty breath blowing back in your face

quote]Originally posted by govtchick1990
[br]Kelly, no worries I don't pick up in Woodbridge...it's pretty bad when your passenger also smells like they need an extra bath...

Date Posted: 09 Aug 2005 at 11:03am
quote:
Originally posted by N_or_S_bound
True. It's interesting. In all my years of doing this, I've not had even one unpleasant experience. I really don't understand why there's so much of this stuff going on. Stafford and south used to be friendly people. Sounds like we're getting some of the DC metro crowd moving in who forgot manners and courtesy a long time ago.
Yes, quite true. I've been slugging for 10 years and I can count my bad experiences on one hand. In fact, one of the main reasons I slug is because I enjoy the people that I meet along the way. This is truly an anomaly. I find the personal jabs here particularly childish and distasteful.

Posted By: Sticky Bandaid
Date Posted: 09 Aug 2005 at 11:04am
Children, children . . . . . tsk.

Posted By: ronin718
Date Posted: 09 Aug 2005 at 11:13am
Thanks for the chuckle, folks. I needed it. I'm not sure I'd have sat there patiently. I would have said stop the car and let me out. But some folks are more patient than others.

Happy slugging, all......

Posted By: Bob
Date Posted: 09 Aug 2005 at 11:21am
I'm afraid I'm going to have to assign a "Bob's" credibility rating of only 3 on this thread. Both parties going to work and signing on with new user names on the same day? Don't think so.

Date Posted: 09 Aug 2005 at 11:24am
quote:
Originally posted by Bob
I'm afraid I'm going to have to assign a "Bob's" credibility rating of only 3 on this thread. Both parties going to work and signing on with new user names on the same day? Don't think so.
Sorry Bob, I wish you were right.  As odd as it seems, it does appear that they both were able to connect here.  I personally know one of the parties involved. I guess that reveals me as not being a non-biased, objective poster.... [:D]

Date Posted: 09 Aug 2005 at 11:30am
My final input...I have been very courteous to all that have rode with me, in fact made some great friends along the way. So if you don't want to ride with me that is fine...just trying to get to work like everyone else. So I will no longer pick up on Rt 17...thanks to the couple of folks that were nice to me during my travels North.

Posted By: lvalleburke
Date Posted: 09 Aug 2005 at 11:32am
I agree with Bob...seems like another drama episode to get everyone all involved. When slug-lines.com continues

Date Posted: 09 Aug 2005 at 11:40am
quote:
My final input . . . I will no longer pick up on Rt 17...
You know, you're the one who escalated this. If you felt that you didn't do anything wrong, a simple "Oh, I thought..." and/or "Sorry for the misunderstanding" and/or any other civil response, and this would have been a dead issue. However, you showed the level of your class and maturity by reaching new lows and turning this into a mud-wrestling match.

Date Posted: 09 Aug 2005 at 11:42am
WHAT IS WRONG WITH PEOPLE....ESPECIALLY NEWBIES!!!!!!!!

Posted By: miltrade
Date Posted: 09 Aug 2005 at 11:43am
I would have jumped out of the moving vehicle and done one of those rolls like they do in the movies. I always wanted to do that anyways.

Posted By: nursechapel
Date Posted: 09 Aug 2005 at 11:45am
New newbies duking it out, with a third newbie trying to lend credence?

Sounds like a troll thing or whatever you guys call it.

Posted By: CallmeMrSlug
Date Posted: 09 Aug 2005 at 11:45am
Although I give people the benefit of the doubt, I find this far fetched even for me...

Posted By: gtivr6ps
Date Posted: 09 Aug 2005 at 11:51am
quote:
Originally posted by natx
[br]CATFIGHT!
I'll bring the crisco and you two can have it out over by Boundary Channel.

Everyone's invited!

Tickets just $1.00

I will take 4 tickets unless there is a VIP lounge or box seats. Then I will take those. [:D][B)]

Posted By: DanMadeup
Date Posted: 09 Aug 2005 at 11:59am
RLD. WTFO?

Posted By: SuzAnne
Date Posted: 09 Aug 2005 at 12:01pm
Dan;

You really are as slow as RLD. It's the German thing, you know what Dick Boyd says about name calling.

Posted By: vabigblue
Date Posted: 09 Aug 2005 at 12:14pm
I wonder if Hollywood would buy this script? If its not one thing, its another. Only on Slug-Lines.com.

Posted By: msticaries
Date Posted: 09 Aug 2005 at 12:17pm
quote:
Also just to let you know it is my privacy for you to NOT e-mail me at work after getting info off my badge in the vehicle. So DON"T HARASS ME AT MY JOB...if you do I WILL REPORT YOU...

I find the foregoing hard to believe. I have a friend who works for the gov't and the ONLY info on her badge is her name, pic and department. Do they have your email address now too??

Date Posted: 09 Aug 2005 at 12:19pm
Okay, I know I said I wouldn't post again. But now I'm confused about the message board. I had an experience this morning that I wanted to share, and I shared it. Isn't that what the message board is for? I never expected this reaction or response. (As far as all the "cat fight" remarks, I did not make a single personal remark about the driver -- just the circumstances. So that blows that theory.)

BTW, I am not a newbie and this was not my first post.

If you discourage new people from giving their opinions in this forum, then it's really nothing more than an e-mail chain among a few friends.

Becky

Posted By: gtivr6ps
Date Posted: 09 Aug 2005 at 12:21pm
Oh yeah I can see it now...

The Dukes of Stafford
Invasion of the Slug Snatchers
Smokey and the Bandit 4 - Slug-Line Driving with Frog and Snowman
Planes, Trains, and Automobiles 2 - How to get from 610 to the Pentagon
And plenty of other After School Specials...

Date Posted: 09 Aug 2005 at 12:24pm
Um, Rebecca, read under your name dear, NEW MEMBER, with as little posts as you, you ARE a newbie. You came on this site and expressed an opinion, and were ripped for it, you should have known by all the other threads here that would happen. Why are you so surprised? Now take a deep breath, and let the arguing continue!! (that means everyone)

Good one, gtivr6ps..

Posted By: lvalleburke
Date Posted: 09 Aug 2005 at 12:28pm
quote:
Originally posted by Rebecca22193
[br]Okay, I know I said I wouldn't post again. But now I'm confused about the message board. I had an experience this morning that I wanted to share, and I shared it. Isn't that what the message board is for? I never expected this reaction or response. (As far as all the "cat fight" remarks, I did not make a single personal remark about the driver -- just the circumstances. So that blows that theory.)

BTW, I am not a newbie and this was not my first post.

If you discourage new people from giving their opinions in this forum, then it's really nothing more than an e-mail chain among a few friends.

Becky

Nothing against the newbies it just so happens that the new members seem to stir up a lot of conversation and after a while we wonder what is true and what is not...I'm kinda new myself but I have never had a problem with anyone when I've slugged. Sorry you had a bad experience this morning while trying to show your son the ropes of slugging but not all slug drivers or riders are bad, some are just rude.

P.S. I love this thread! It has me coming back for more!

Posted By: Undisclosed
Date Posted: 09 Aug 2005 at 12:29pm
If you review my posts, I am really the #1 troll on this board and I resent govtchick1990 moving in on my action.

And from the "takes one to know one" department, Rebecca22193 is real. Govtchcik1990 is a troll.

Posted By: AZ Man
Date Posted: 09 Aug 2005 at 12:35pm
No, no e-mail address on the badge (I had to check, grin) BUT this all sounds hokey to me as well because of one thing. Their are 2 acceptable drop off points at the Pentagon. One where the blue SLUG signs are and, of course, you have to drive around again to get back to Corridor 2/3 BUT the other one is right in front of Corridor 2. This gives the rider close access to the METRO/Bus stations AND elminates the need for the driver to have to "drive" around in a circle and can proceed on to Corridor 3 parking lot after drop-off. I even let my riders out at the Stop sign before Corridor 2 (get to the Pentagon at 0530 so early enough not to make a traffic jam) right where the entrance of the sidewalk is and no problems and no traffic cops telling me not too.

I don't feel one bad experience makes for a "calling out" post on the message board unless it's a very serious offense. My personal thoughts is a post stating what happened but no need to call out the vehicle on this one OR the negative attack back on hygiene and such. Let me know if I'm way off base here, I'm relatively new to posting but been driving/slugging for a year now.

Date Posted: 09 Aug 2005 at 12:40pm
quote:
Originally posted by getmehome pweeze
Um, Rebecca, read under your name dear, NEW MEMBER, with as little posts as you, you ARE a newbie....
Yes, it does say "New Member" under some names.  But as for me, for example, not only am I not new to slugging, I'm a web designer who conducts another slug web site and has had many personal exchanges with the webmaster of this site as to possible future design enhancements.  Therefore, just because someone has not posted a message before, it is not safe to assume they're green to the process.  There seems to be some condescension to folks who have actively participated for years in other areas of the slugging community than making posts here.

Peace, love, and respect to all!    [:)]

Oh, btw, I'm sure that the driver got the original email simply because she subscribes to the Rt.17 email list on this web site, recognized her car description, then jumped in with her response.  She was incorrect to assume that the email was sent specifically to her.  No real mystery there.

Date Posted: 09 Aug 2005 at 1:02pm
burkhartmg,

What's the other site? I didn't know of any others.

Thanks much.

NoSb

Date Posted: 09 Aug 2005 at 1:06pm
quote:
Originally posted by Undisclosed
If you review my posts, I am really the #1 troll on this board and I resent govtchick1990 moving in on my action.
Oh, you intrique me! The alias "Undisclosed," an email address of "none@none.com" (making sure no one can contact outside of this message board), and calling yourself the Number One Troll... all very intriguing! [:p]

Date Posted: 09 Aug 2005 at 1:11pm
quote:
Originally posted by N_or_S_bound
What's the other site? I didn't know of any others.
Site for rides to Rt.17 from Rosslyn in the afternoon: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/RosslynSlugs/

Dave was nice enough to post a mention of us at http://www.slug-lines.com/PM_lines/Rosslyn.asp

Posted By: MJ
Date Posted: 09 Aug 2005 at 1:23pm
Don't assume the person with a small number of posts is a newbie to slugging or this website. I changed my user id here after going thru a divorce so I wasn't reminded of my evil ex. I've actually been part of the slugging community for over 7 years.

Posted By: anothercommuter
Date Posted: 09 Aug 2005 at 1:43pm
JUST HAD TO MAKE A COMMENT SO THAT THIS POST NOW HAS MORE REPLIES THAN THE VANDAL POST EARLIER.

Date Posted: 09 Aug 2005 at 1:56pm
quote:
Don't assume the person with a small number of posts is a newbie to slugging or this website.

I agree, I only have 7 posts but I have been a member here for a least a year if not longer.

:)

Posted By: MDC
Date Posted: 09 Aug 2005 at 2:33pm
quote:
Originally posted by msticaries
[br]
quote:
Don't assume the person with a small number of posts is a newbie to slugging or this website.

I agree, I only have 7 posts but I have been a member here for a least a year if not longer.

23 March 2004 according to your profile! The creator of this thread joined on 1 June 2005 fwiw.

Posted By: fakedfortoday
Date Posted: 09 Aug 2005 at 2:39pm
MDC! HOW DARE YOU LOOKUP SOMEONES PROFILE. THAT IS ONLY ABOUT HALF A STEP REMOVED FROM USING THEIR E-MAIL ADDRESS TO SPAM THEM WITH SLUG RELATED INFORMATION!

Posted By: wmcg
Date Posted: 09 Aug 2005 at 2:51pm
quote:
Originally posted by MDC
[br]
quote:
[br]
quote:

23 March 2004 according to your profile! The creator of this thread joined on 1 June 2005 fwiw.

I guess I'm kinda a newbie too. I have been slugging for a long time, but have made few posts....mostly looking for info or supplying some. I guess the biggest reason is, unlike some unlucky people, I have had only one bad experience going in either direction, north or south. It was 2 military officers. When we were off the HOV and just north of Quantico, the driver said, "do you mind if I stop and let my friend off at Quantico?" What could we say? He got lost on the base and it added an entire hour to the commute. Just bad luck one time. Literally every other ride has been a good one. Unless you consider my 6 trips with the guy in the Jaguar. But it's fun listening to a lot of slugs who have had unusual eceriences and not funn hearing the few real bad ones.

Keep on sluggin'

Date Posted: 09 Aug 2005 at 3:05pm
quote:
Originally posted by MDC
[br]
quote:
[br]
quote:

hahaha that is the day before my birthday. :)

Posted By: MDC
Date Posted: 09 Aug 2005 at 3:09pm
quote:
Originally posted by fakedfortoday
[br]MDC! HOW DARE YOU LOOKUP SOMEONES PROFILE. THAT IS ONLY ABOUT HALF A STEP REMOVED FROM USING THEIR E-MAIL ADDRESS TO SPAM THEM WITH SLUG RELATED INFORMATION!

Your email is on it's way!

Posted By: NoNo
Date Posted: 10 Aug 2005 at 11:08am
"Their are 2 acceptable drop off points at the Pentagon. One where the blue SLUG signs are and, of course, you have to drive around again to get back to Corridor 2/3 BUT the other one is right in front of Corridor 2. This gives the rider close access to the METRO/Bus stations AND elminates the need for the driver to have to "drive" around in a circle and can proceed on to Corridor 3 parking lot after drop-off."

The Corridor 2 entrance is further away from the Metro entrance, as you have to walk back on yourself before you get to the large main artery leading to the metro/bus areas. With Corridor 2 now closed, its even more difficult to get to the building. The slug line drop off is closer to the metro, as you are just crossing the street.

Posted By: HybridDriver
Date Posted: 10 Aug 2005 at 1:26pm
quote:
[br]

Becky

That's exactly right. I figure it out pretty quick....that and the driver is ALWAYS WRONG.

--------
2005 Honda Civic Hybrid
Funny, I've never been in a motorcycle only traffic jam!

Date Posted: 10 Aug 2005 at 1:55pm
I think it's important to let riders who are not familiar with the Pentagon know exactly what "corridor x" means. As far as I can see, the Pentagon parking lot is very large, and if you aren't familiar with it, you have no idea where you'll end up. Add to that the fact that you're in a hurry and need to show somebody how to get to the metro so they can do it on their own the next day.

Most of us are both drivers and riders. I know I have been for the past 20 years. I don't think anybody is "always wrong," but I'm sure that was just a sarcastic comment. In the meantime, try to be open-minded enough to understand that not everybody knows the area or terms when you're dropping them off in a different place. For example, where I parked the other day was called "lane 6" in the 70's. Now it's called corridor 3? I didn't know that! I thought I might end up in North Parking somewhere.

Becky

Date Posted: 10 Aug 2005 at 1:57pm
quote:
Originally posted by HybridDriver
That's exactly right. I figure it out pretty quick....that and the driver is ALWAYS WRONG.
Please forgive me, HybridDriver, if you're joking and I took you seriously, but the driver is NOT always wrong. Like I said in a previous post, a rider is just as wrong if they try to negotiate being dropped off at a different location.

Posted By: HybridDriver
Date Posted: 10 Aug 2005 at 2:14pm
On this board, it appears that the majority of the board considers that the driver is always wrong. I think the ratio of slugs to drivers is balanced towards the slugs on this board and the driver (no matter the situation) comes out on the losing end. I have been here only a short time, but notice that the majority of bitching posts are about the drivers. When a driver chimes in that a slug did him wrong, the slugs pounce on him for being a "newbie" or being incensed (PO'ed driver). Maybe he/she had nothing to say before and finally posted. Someone didn't believe me (without provocation) that I picked up slugs because I had a hybrid - I sold it and liked the screen name. It's always too hot, too cold, too loud in drivers cars - or the driver is bitchy. As a driver, not a slug, I'm giving my observations. I think I will try it the other way as well (deep cover ops) and report my findings that way as well.

--------
2005 Honda Civic Hybrid
Funny, I've never been in a motorcycle only traffic jam!

Date Posted: 10 Aug 2005 at 2:27pm
quote:
Originally posted by HybridDriver
I have been here only a short time, but notice that the majority of bitching posts are about the drivers.
Well, I understand. It's unfortunate that it seems that a higher percentage of drivers have an attitude of entitlement than do riders, and some riders voice resentment over that. But with that said, the people in the Slug System that also go out of their way the most are drivers. So it would seem that the arrogance of a few drivers overshadows the many, many good ones. This unfortunate circumstance, however, is a part of human nature and can be observed in just about every area of life.

As to the rest (griping about the radio or temperature), if the riders read the Rules of Etiquette posted on this site, they would know that it's the drivers' preferance. I'm too cold almost every morning -- so what? I keep my mouth shut, and other riders should as well. The only time I spoke up about the radio selection was when the driver was listening to graphic sexual comedy (and he changed it, apologize, and I still ride with him). Otherwise, it's totally up to the driver. I don't review these posts often, so I don't know how often riders complain over such petty things, but the ones that do need to grow up.

Date Posted: 10 Aug 2005 at 2:32pm
HybridDriver: Kudos to you for picking up slugs in a Hybrid. We have a Hybrid driver at Rt 17 that picks up slugs. We think he's cool. As a matter of fact, we think most drivers are cool as far as I know. I have been reading this list for more than a year, but didn't feel compelled to make a complaint for the first time until the other day. Then I wasn't believed because I didn't have enough posts. Maybe we should open a POST HERE topic so that "newbies" can post to the board enough times to meet the criteria to become Advanced members so their input will be considered valid when they do have something to say. Good luck on the undercover ops. Let us know how it goes.

Becky

Date Posted: 10 Aug 2005 at 6:38pm
quote:
Originally posted by NoNo
[br]"Their are 2 acceptable drop off points at the Pentagon. One where the blue SLUG signs are and, of course, you have to drive around again to get back to Corridor 2/3 BUT the other one is right in front of Corridor 2. This gives the rider close access to the METRO/Bus stations AND elminates the need for the driver to have to "drive" around in a circle and can proceed on to Corridor 3 parking lot after drop-off."

The Corridor 2 entrance is further away from the Metro entrance, as you have to walk back on yourself before you get to the large main artery leading to the metro/bus areas. With Corridor 2 now closed, its even more difficult to get to the building. The slug line drop off is closer to the metro, as you are just crossing the street.

I hear what your saying "NoNo" but my thoughts are the difference is only a few steps, maybe 50 steps if I had to count them as the difference so dropping off at the side of Corridor 2 versus the SLUG line pick-up point doesn't make a whole lot of difference. Now, if my driver said Corridor 3 and not offer Corridor 2 THEN I'd be a little upset as that adds quite a bit to the METRO walk. Even with Corridor 2 being "closed" the drop off point is still a good, safe area to drop off SLUGs and still not have a long walk to the METRO and a quick drive to the parking lot by Corridor 3.

Posted By: aka14kim
Date Posted: 11 Aug 2005 at 10:20am
bottom line...
the driver was rude!

When I first started "sluggin'", a year ago, I had a RIDER get in my truck and tell me where she was going! Like I was a TAXI. The mistake that I made was telling her that this was my first time. My other passenger was a friend - so neither of us knew the ropes. I just assumed that I was OBLIGATED to take her ANYWHERE near the Pentagon.[:D] I told a co-worker about my ride in that day and he was livid. Since then, I have not had any MAJOR issues. Every now and then, I see that woman (heffa) who tricked me

Date Posted: 12 Aug 2005 at 10:09am
I'm not sure the logic you're using by pasting my post here. I posted to the other topic because this issue was raised. I explained why I feel that govtgirl is genuine.

Once again, WHAT IS UP WITH YOU GUYS? Why do you suspect everybody? Who do you trust? Should we all just quit reading and posting? What possibly makes your input more trustworthy, valid, and important? No one has been successful in explaining that to me yet.

Becky

Date Posted: 12 Aug 2005 at 11:04am
The "huge, smelly woman" comment was intended to be funny. :) Sorry for the bad humor. You'll need to browse through the topic to see that, yes, she accused me of having a NASTY COLD, and since I have a nasty cold, I felt it was her. She got my e-mail address from a Rt. 17 group e-mail that I sent out on the same topic. She is apparently also a subscriber. As far as the badge goes, she made that comment, not me. I never knew what that meant.

RoadRunner, I was ready to just leave this message board altogether based on your comments and have thought better of it. I have gotten a lot of useful information on this board and was able to vent once (though some of you don't believe me, big deal). I don't think I'll let you run me off because you feel as if you're in some superior position. I don't believe most of those registered to this board feel that way.

Thanks for sharing your opinion.

Becky

Posted By: sluDgE
Date Posted: 12 Aug 2005 at 12:07pm
As Prez Reagan said, "Trust ... but verify." [^]

Keep on sluggin'! [:)]

Posted By: NoNo
Date Posted: 12 Aug 2005 at 1:55pm
quote:
Originally posted by AZ Man
I hear what your saying "NoNo" but my thoughts are the difference is only a few steps, maybe 50 steps if I had to count them as the difference so dropping off at the side of Corridor 2 versus the SLUG line pick-up point doesn't make a whole lot of difference. Now, if my driver said Corridor 3 and not offer Corridor 2 THEN I'd be a little upset as that adds quite a bit to the METRO walk. Even with Corridor 2 being "closed" the drop off point is still a good, safe area to drop off SLUGs and still not have a long walk to the METRO and a quick drive to the parking lot by Corridor 3.

AZMan, in the rain, heeled shoes, snow, cold, late or while pregnant, 50 steps is a lot.

Posted By: KCWolfPck
Date Posted: 12 Aug 2005 at 1:58pm
quote:
Originally posted by NoNo
[br]
AZMan, in the rain, heeled shoes, snow, cold, late or while pregnant, 50 steps is a lot.

Only if you are so fat that you get winded from just getting up to go to the bathroom.

Date Posted: 12 Aug 2005 at 10:29pm

NoNo, yes, but it still beats walking from your car in the parking lot if/when you drove/drive :) If it's bad weather conditions, I take that into consideration when driving (common sense), however, on a normal day it's a viable option and a good compromise for driver/SLUG. I love parking in Corridor 2 right now and going through the METRO entrance but I know once Corridor 2 entrance opens back up, those rows are going to be PACKED again so Corridor 3 is the best option, even at 0530! So, SLUGs will be dropped off beside Corridor 2 before you get to the steps facing the SLUG lines unless their's bad weather where then I'm just staying home [8D]

Posted By: agpym1849
Date Posted: 15 Aug 2005 at 10:06pm
What a great posting! Just started slugging three months ago and have not a really bad experience....just a few interesting ones. BTW, does anyone know the story of the lady with the canoe on top of her Sienna? She picks up at Tacketts Mills and drops at the Pentagon; reverse in the PM. Just different with the canoe but a nice quiet lady.

AG

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

"Management: nature's way of removing morons from the productive flow"

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

Posted By: mikester
Date Posted: 18 Aug 2005 at 1:47pm
As far as the newbie thing goes, I certainly qualify. But why would I wanna add posts to the soap opera here? So I can get criticized for it? Sorry I haven't been slugging for 10 years yet. I guess after then I'll have some credibility in this "community"

Posted By: BillyBackSeat
Date Posted: 19 Aug 2005 at 7:58pm
quote:
[br]My final input...I have been very courteous to all that have rode with me, in fact made some great friends along the way. So if you don't want to ride with me that is fine...just trying to get to work like everyone else. So I will no longer pick up on Rt 17...thanks to the couple of folks that were nice to me during my travels North.

Hug a slug today

Date Posted: 19 Aug 2005 at 7:59pm
quote:
[br]My final input...

Excellent. Final input means no more output. :0)

Hug a slug today

Posted By: hexizera
Date Posted: 25 Aug 2005 at 11:19am

Ohhh please don't do that! please... we SOOOO need your rides.. the whole slug-line system will fail if Miss FL decides she is just going to stop doing us the favor to drive us.
Just by reading how aggressive and rude you are... by the way you communicate.. my Goodness.. what is the matter with you!

quote:
[br]My final input...I have been very courteous to all that have rode with me, in fact made some great friends along the way. So if you don't want to ride with me that is fine...just trying to get to work like everyone else. So I will no longer pick up on Rt 17...thanks to the couple of folks that were nice to me during my travels North.

Date Posted: 29 Aug 2005 at 11:07am
Hexizera...I still drive but pick up else where...places where folks do appreciate the drive with me into work.

Date Posted: 02 Sep 2005 at 9:47pm
quote:
[br]Hexizera...I still drive but pick up else where...places where folks do appreciate the drive with me into work.

Um. What makes you so special?

Hug a slug today

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.10 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2017 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net