Print Page | Close Window

VRE Problems/Longer Slug Lines

Printed From: Slug-Lines.com
Category: General Slugging Questions and Comments
Forum Name: General Slugging Topics
Forum Description: This is the area for all general slugging comments. To add a comment simply create a new topic or see FAQ for detailed information on how to post comments.
URL: http://www.slug-lines.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=2099
Printed Date: 17 May 2024 at 8:03am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 11.10 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: VRE Problems/Longer Slug Lines
Posted By: grendaline
Subject: VRE Problems/Longer Slug Lines
Date Posted: 22 Aug 2005 at 10:35am
VRE has had major delays and major problems. A lot of the regular VRE riders quit taking VRE and are slugging. Have you noticed the longer slug lines?

Replies:
Posted By: carleric
Date Posted: 22 Aug 2005 at 11:06am
I slug Horner to Rosslyn and have noticed no dramatic change in availability of rides. There are MAYBE slightly more drivers (which is nice for me) but not by a lot.

Posted By: EnufisEnuf
Date Posted: 22 Aug 2005 at 11:15am
Thank your friend Bush for that and quit complaining! You voted for him!

Posted By: carleric
Date Posted: 22 Aug 2005 at 12:14pm
Um, neither of the posts before yours seem to have a complaint in them. Both seem to be just some facts. Grendaline doesn't sound like s/he's complaining.

Posted By: vabigblue
Date Posted: 22 Aug 2005 at 12:20pm
Normally this time of the year you will see an increase in slugs. I don't know if it's the gas prices or VRE yet. When it starts to get cold, some slugs will run for cover. So we'll see what's up.

Posted By: sluDgE
Date Posted: 22 Aug 2005 at 12:41pm
We've noticed the morning slug lines at both RV Mall and S'stricker have gotten longer over the past month or so. [8D]

Haven't gone by Cardinal Plaza, Daventry, or "Bob's" to see the situation there. [:I]

For sure, there is no line at Gambrill - & no drivers either! [;)]

Keep on sluggin'! [:)]

Posted By: MDC
Date Posted: 22 Aug 2005 at 1:28pm
I'd say the ratio of drivers/riders going from Horner to Rosslyn has tilted noticably towards the riders in the last month or so. Going home there seems to be more riders as well. Don't know whether it's seasonal though.

Posted By: Max_28756
Date Posted: 22 Aug 2005 at 1:38pm
Hey EnufisEnuf,
How did this turn into another chance for those who supported the loser in an election to cry? I guess I don't see the relation between the VRE having problems with CSX lines and your misguided vote. You CAN thank OUR President for finally signing an energy plan that will allow for less dependence on foreign oil through oil exploration on U.S. territory. Had the previous administration done so, we wouldn't be as dependent on imported oil.

And to answer the original question.....Slugging from Rt 17, I have seen an increase in the line length with the timing directly relating to the VRE problems.

Date Posted: 22 Aug 2005 at 2:29pm
Max you must be nuts if you think that! I think your village is missing its leader! You better go run and join them! Enuf is enuf.

Posted By: Max_28756
Date Posted: 22 Aug 2005 at 2:39pm
Enuf....I'm still waiting on your logic as to the relation between the CSX lines and OUR President.
I think we should take this offline though. I'm sure we are breaking the "No Politics" rule for slugs.

Posted By: 122582
Date Posted: 22 Aug 2005 at 3:01pm
Lots of new slugs at Rt3 lately.
For what it's worth, I noticed back when I was taking VRE there were a lot more riders in the cold weather than in the summer. Maybe slugs migrate to rail in the winter.

Date Posted: 22 Aug 2005 at 3:10pm
Max, sorry I don't roll like that! I can't help you. Your come ons might be attractive if I were a lady but I'm not and I don't enjoy being hit on in an online community. Let's stick to the facts and let's slug baby!

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.10 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2017 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net