Print Page | Close Window

Legal Question

Printed From: Slug-Lines.com
Category: General Slugging Questions and Comments
Forum Name: General Slugging Topics
Forum Description: This is the area for all general slugging comments. To add a comment simply create a new topic or see FAQ for detailed information on how to post comments.
URL: http://www.slug-lines.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=2296
Printed Date: 10 May 2024 at 5:05pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 11.10 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Legal Question
Posted By: Dhacim
Subject: Legal Question
Date Posted: 13 Oct 2005 at 11:47am
Does anybody know, or can anybody point me to a legal citation regarding the law on using exit ramps to skirt traffic then re-entering the highway. An example of this would be exit 156 N and S on I-95. Is it legal to perform this maneuver?

RLD?

Replies:
Posted By: N_or_S_bound
Date Posted: 13 Oct 2005 at 12:02pm
This from the VA Drivers Manual (pages 38 & 27 respectively):

Solid white lines designate turn lanes and
discourage lane changes near intersections
and at other locations where lane changes
might be dangerous. Solid white lines also
mark the right edge of pavement. Arrows
used with white lines indicate which turn
may be made from the lane. Stop lines,
crosswalks and parking spaces also are
marked by white lines.

Passing is prohibited:
on hills, curves, at intersections or
railroad crossings, except on roads
with two or more lanes of traffic
moving in the same direction;
off the pavement or shoulder of the
road;
when a school bus is stopped to
load or unload passengers on a
public road (unless a physical
barrier or unpaved median separates
traffic going in either direction)
or on a private road; and,
whenever a solid line marks the left
side of your lane.

I think it's safe to say that crossing any parallel solid line is illegal.

NoSb

SOV because you can, HOV because you care!

Posted By: flatulentsluggerhugger
Date Posted: 13 Oct 2005 at 12:37pm
I think DHACIM means taking the exit then coming off the other exit across from it to get back into traffic, thus by passing the traffic inbetween. Am I correct?

VOTE HOT!!!! SO GAS PASSERS LIKE ME WON'T ANNOY YOU!!!

whoever smealt it dealt it!!!!

Posted By: bnvus
Date Posted: 13 Oct 2005 at 1:29pm
No it is not illegal.

Posted By: fryed_1
Date Posted: 13 Oct 2005 at 1:33pm
not illegal... just an ahole thing to do.

Posted By: oldgoat
Date Posted: 13 Oct 2005 at 1:36pm
Dhacim is talking about the Dale City exit/entrance. Coming North just after the rest stop, I usually take the Dale City exit, stay on the 'access' road and rejoin the highway just south of the Prince William Parkway exit. I don't think that is illegal

Posted By: Dhacim
Date Posted: 13 Oct 2005 at 1:42pm
Old Goat,

Yes that is exactly what I am talking about....

Fryed 1, why is it an ahole thing to do?

Posted By: MDC
Date Posted: 13 Oct 2005 at 9:27pm
I thought you were really talking about a problem like where the ramp from Route 1 merges onto 95 tafter the Occoquan River. Bunch of azzes do it there. I got hit by an 18 wheeler doing that when I was on the ramp actually coming from rte 1. Fortunately it was minimal damage since the driver didn't even stop when I pulled over.

Posted By: Undisclosed
Date Posted: 13 Oct 2005 at 10:23pm
I'm sure Robert Lang Direct knows the answer. He knows everything. In fact, he has a code section which says that you must turn your wheels to the curb when you park. He think this means that you can park anywhere, as long as you turn your wheels toward the curb. Since there are no signs saying you can't park on the exit ramp, feel free to do so with RLD's blessing.

Posted By: Baz
Date Posted: 14 Oct 2005 at 6:45am
Good one Undisclosed. Seems like common sense in this area is non-existent. We want everything in writing and laws put in place - otherwise we wont know how to live!! Thats whats wrong with the US now. I hope that law showing us how to wipe our ass correctly gets passed thru Congress soon...

Date Posted: 14 Oct 2005 at 12:21pm
Wow, two bites with a single cast of the rod. I'm even better than I thought! You go, RLD!!!

Posted By: vabigblue
Date Posted: 14 Oct 2005 at 1:05pm
It's not illegal. If it was, it would be posted as "forbidden".

Posted By: Sheepish
Date Posted: 14 Oct 2005 at 2:18pm
I'll answer the point of why it's an "inconsiderate" thing to do...

1. Going southbound 95, it clogs the exit ramp for people legitimately exiting the highway towards Route 1, and the folks trying to get to the rest area.

2. Going northbound, it clogs the exit ramp for those exiting to get to Dale City/Potomac Mills and those trying to enter the HOV entrance coming from Dale City/Potomac Mills. (This has happened so many times to me, meeting up with a carpool at Bob Evan's, and then trying to get back on to get on the HOV lanes.)

Posted By: SuzAnne
Date Posted: 14 Oct 2005 at 2:57pm
quote:
Originally posted by Undisclosed
[br]Wow, two bites with a single cast of the rod. I'm even better than I thought! You go, RLD!!!

Oh, Undisclosed!

Now I see why you attack RLD.

But you know, your "girlfriend" told me something similar, and no, not about the two bites.

He said it's true. You really do think you are better than you actually are.

Have a great weekend!

Date Posted: 14 Oct 2005 at 4:24pm
quote:
You really do think you are better than you actually are.

Why thank you, SuzAnne, but I really don't think that is humanly possible.

Posted By: CallmeMrSlug
Date Posted: 15 Oct 2005 at 1:26am
Hey

I got an idea, undisclosed, why don't you and other sluggers meet, not to beat you up but to prove you are real. Name the place and time...or leave this board forever...

Date Posted: 15 Oct 2005 at 4:18pm
Gee, CallmeMrSlug, if I'm not real, how do my messages get posted?

Tell you what. Remember when Robert Lang Direct said "The Code of Virginia provides for parking on all roads unless otherwise posted." If he can produce an cite to the Commonwealth of Virginia code which EXPLICITLY says that "parking is permitted unless otherwise posted" then I'll never post again.

The section must actually say that, not some bizarre construction where the code says "set your brake and cock your wheels when you park" and RLD says that means you can park anywhere. Of course, that applies to when you are otherwise LEGALLY parked, it does not create legal parking. Otherwise, I could just stop on the 14th Street bridge, cock my wheels and walk away. There are no signs prohibiting parking on that highway.

Just think of the public service RLD could do if he can back up his claim! But, alas, I'm not holding my breath.

Posted By: defender
Date Posted: 16 Oct 2005 at 8:40am
Undisclosed,

RLD did not state what you noted above. You have taken what he said out of context and used a partial quote to make it seem as if he has said something that he didn't.

You, however, said that you had a letter, said that the person agreed to release the letter, said it was from an insurance company (who denies they sent the letter, BTW), and said that you do not have the ability to scan the latter.

You Sir, have NO CREDIBILITY. In fact, it is not that you appear to be a liar, NO! YOU ARE A LIAR. You are a repeated liar and we assume that even if RLD found the code you suggest, you would continue to post because, again, you are a liar.

But there is hope. Since you say that you are not holding your breath (above), maybe that too is a lie and you will soon expire, or at least passout and spare us any more of your only slightly imaginative lies.

Date Posted: 16 Oct 2005 at 6:13pm
Are you one of those public defenders who tries to twist the facts to get your client off?

Out of context? Hardly. Here is the COMPLETE POST by our favorite "make up the facts, Robert Lang Direct":

-- Posted by RLD - 04 Oct 2005 : 15:41:01

Cmtz65;

Parking on all of Interstate Drive was absolutely legal. The Code of Virginia provides for parking on all roads unless otherwise posted. Therefore, parking was, explicit to the law, LEGAL. It was only after Maureen Caddigan's office wrote VDOT to complain about the congestion that commuters were causing on this dangerous road that VDOT came by with NO PARKING signs.

Now, with that said, what time do you get to Horner Road and when is it filled?

Posted By: HOV3Slug
Date Posted: 16 Oct 2005 at 7:15pm
Undisclosed,
Are pissed with RLD because he attacked Maureen Caddigan? I am trying to figure out why you dragged him into this tread of discussion. I would guess you are a woman who knows Maureen well and now you’re taking it personal with RLD. Your intro of RLD in this topic just doesn’t sound masculine and it’s completely unrelated to the topic at hand. I feel like I am talking to my wife when she brings stuff up that’s not relevant, i.e., “What the hell that have to do with anything!”

PS: Maureen, you better not be Undisclosed. I’ll vote your ass out of office.

Posted By: koakui
Date Posted: 17 Oct 2005 at 10:54am
Undisclosed is bored, has nothing better to do and enjoys the responses he gets back. That's it. The letter doesn't exisit. It was all made up.

Posted By: Rebecca22193
Date Posted: 17 Oct 2005 at 1:45pm
Regardless of the facts, defender's post was really, really funny. Thanks for the laugh.

Becky

Posted By: BillyBackSeat
Date Posted: 19 Oct 2005 at 8:56pm
quote:
Originally posted by Baz
[br]Good one Undisclosed. Seems like common sense in this area is non-existent. We want everything in writing and laws put in place - otherwise we wont know how to live!! Thats whats wrong with the US now. I hope that law showing us how to wipe our ass correctly gets passed thru Congress soon...

Democrat Senator Nancy Pelosi is sponsoring that bill. Numbnut.

Hug a slug today

Posted By: CallmeMrSlug
Date Posted: 19 Oct 2005 at 11:45pm
Woah UnDisclosed

I have been busy at work and not on this board for a few days. Let me address the one question asked of me by undisclosed. Any one with a computer can post to a message board, pretending to be someone they are not. If you are a slugger or driver, you would have no fear of meeting those who share your experience. But if you are a mere troll, you would post the message you did, that since you have the ability to post, you must be real. Real is getting up at 5:00 am everyday, showering, getting dressed, and heading to work everyday to support your family, (so that Mom or Dad can buy a computer for you). It is about spending your life devoted to your work, thinking that you improve life in some way that makes it meaningful for the world while putting enough money in your bank account to pay your bills, (including paying for your internet service provider). Its about getting your work done in enough time to get to the slug line in time so that your family has the experience of a Mom or Dad at home for dinner, (to cook for the irresponsible kids who are too busy posting on internet message boards that they don't have any business posting to). Its about taking every waking moment to love your spouse, and your children, and wanting a decent life for them, to care and spend all of your time and money on them. That's life Undisclosed, its not being real just being able to post on the internet, as the TV ad said, it takes a real man to be a Dad. When you grow up, you will understand this one day...

Posted By: 1line
Date Posted: 26 Oct 2005 at 7:19pm
The is no Senator Nancy Pelosi

Posted By: Comptrol1
Date Posted: 02 Nov 2005 at 4:21pm
she is a congresswoman, not a Senator

db

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.10 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2017 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net