Print Page | Close Window

out of gas

Printed From: Slug-Lines.com
Category: General Slugging Questions and Comments
Forum Name: General Slugging Topics
Forum Description: This is the area for all general slugging comments. To add a comment simply create a new topic or see FAQ for detailed information on how to post comments.
URL: http://www.slug-lines.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=2436
Printed Date: 24 May 2024 at 1:59pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 11.10 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: out of gas
Posted By: BabblinB
Subject: out of gas
Date Posted: 16 Dec 2005 at 11:10am
Why wouldn't you fill up your tank before you pick slugs up for work? Today I had to help push my drivers car. I was unhappy and still am. My boss was mad when I showed up with lollipop on my pants, today I show up covered in sweat and with tatters in my clothes! I even lost a shoe string! I had to push his car three miles to a gas station. Then he asked me for gas money. I might get fired if this happens again. What do you do with an irresponsible drivers?

Replies:
Posted By: getmehome pweeze
Date Posted: 16 Dec 2005 at 2:06pm
Sounds a little too fluffed to me.

:'}

Posted By: bnvus
Date Posted: 16 Dec 2005 at 2:27pm
What type of car and where were you picked up?

Posted By: DC2RV
Date Posted: 16 Dec 2005 at 2:28pm
It's happened to me. I was in a van that ran out of gas on a Friday PM as we were approaching Duke St. I was not happy. The driver called his brother to bring some gas. Luckily a state trooper pulled over to shield us from the traffic.

Initially I was pretty ticked off, but I got over it. Suggest you do the same. S*&t happens and you can't control everything.

Posted By: MDC
Date Posted: 16 Dec 2005 at 3:46pm
Why all the trolls today?

Posted By: TROLL
Date Posted: 19 Dec 2005 at 8:59am
HEY!

I think I saw you babblin, were you the guy wearing the pink skirt? Haha Lollipop? What does that have to do with running out of gas?

Posted By: frankiestein
Date Posted: 19 Dec 2005 at 9:04am
Yeah, one time we were on the freeway and this maniac driver ( I don't see him drive any more) Was weaving in and out of traffic ,tailgating, and in all of this didn't realize his gas light was on when he got in the car.
We ran out of gas, and he got mad and started punching the steering wheel. Psycho!
I don't know how you get into a car to take slugs to work and not have enough gas. But it happens.

I mean the light was on when we started to drive away. Then the crazy driving made the gas consuption worse.

Posted By: MSCUSN
Date Posted: 19 Dec 2005 at 9:32am
quote:
Originally posted by getmehome pweeze
[br]Sounds a little too fluffed to me.

:'}

A little fluffed[?] LOL I would say all fluff!!

Date Posted: 19 Dec 2005 at 10:32am
Let me guess, then the tire went flat and the driver couldn't get the lug nuts off because they were rusted on so he decided to drive on the flat anyway just to get the slugs to work?
Fluffy fluffy

Posted By: FluffyTroll
Date Posted: 19 Dec 2005 at 10:51am
It was either that or tie some slugs to the front of the van to pull it.
Either way it took longer, like three hours, to get to work.
Aren't these cars supposed to be kept tuned up?
I rode with a guy the other day and he BLASTED the radio, and wouldn't turn it down. Apparently a window cracked and some slugs were blamed for it.
If the cars aren't kept in tune, why bother driving?

Date Posted: 19 Dec 2005 at 10:54am
last year a guy was driving us and his radiator blew a hole. it was only 57 degrees outside.it was an old engine i guess. is this why they push for hybrids?
As i walked away, the headlight fell off. i thought what kind of crazy stuff?

Date Posted: 19 Dec 2005 at 11:10am
You may call this fluff if you like, but it was the worst week slugging I've had! Though I've only slugged for three months, this takes the cake... no bad news yet this week! And I still have a job! :) Happy Holidays as the bush admin. would like us to say

Posted By: MSCUSN
Date Posted: 19 Dec 2005 at 3:42pm
quote:
Originally posted by BabblinB
[br]You may call this fluff if you like, but it was the worst week slugging I've had! Though I've only slugged for three months, this takes the cake... no bad news yet this week! And I still have a job! :) Happy Holidays as the bush admin. would like us to say

No, Happy Holidays as the ACLU and the left wing of the Democratic Party would say. And thanks for all the fluff!

Posted By: scoobydoo
Date Posted: 19 Dec 2005 at 4:26pm
Come on say it with me, it won't hurt. MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Date Posted: 20 Dec 2005 at 9:51am
No fluff here gentlemen I don't want to be accused of being associated with these "trolls," fluffy or not...I'm not in class trying to piss off anyone I can like these other guys. I sat on a green lollipop in a buick skylark earlier last week and also had to help push a Honda Accord Station Wagon for three blocks on Friday. This is no laughing matter, I was nearly terminated from my employment for my appearence when I finally arrived. I may have to join Baz in Slug heaven if I continue to be persecuted!

Posted By: avparr
Date Posted: 20 Dec 2005 at 10:02am
Last year something similar happened to me, but I was the driver. I picked up a couple of slugs at the Pentagon. As we approached the HOV lane one slug commented on my gas light. I was assured that we would make it home (have calculated my MPG from the time the light turns on til "empty"). But I started getting nervous because I felt he jinxed me :) Well all was going well until we hit Edsall rd., it was backed up some and then my nerves got worse. I asked my slugs for their opinion. They both said it was up to me. Well I kept on watching my speed, then my gas, back to my speed, then the traffic. Well now I started thinking strategically. If I got off at Springfield, it would take a while to get gas and get back on HOV. Woodbridge would've taken longer. So I made it to 234 and pumped $5. Both slugs appreciated that I got gas and they also appreciated that I took 234 to do so.

Although I kept it safe, I still think I would've made it home :)

Posted By: PanaRican
Date Posted: 20 Dec 2005 at 10:25am
quote:
Originally posted by scoobydoo
[br]Come on say it with me, it won't hurt. MERRY CHRISTMAS!

MEEEERRRRRY CHRISTMAS!!!! [:X]

Posted By: Freud
Date Posted: 20 Dec 2005 at 11:00am
quote:
Originally posted by avparr
[br]Last year something similar happened to me, but I was the driver. I picked up a couple of slugs at the Pentagon. As we approached the HOV lane one slug commented on my gas light. I was assured that we would make it home (have calculated my MPG from the time the light turns on til "empty"). But I started getting nervous because I felt he jinxed me :) Well all was going well until we hit Edsall rd., it was backed up some and then my nerves got worse. I asked my slugs for their opinion. They both said it was up to me. Well I kept on watching my speed, then my gas, back to my speed, then the traffic. Well now I started thinking strategically. If I got off at Springfield, it would take a while to get gas and get back on HOV. Woodbridge would've taken longer. So I made it to 234 and pumped $5. Both slugs appreciated that I got gas and they also appreciated that I took 234 to do so.

Although I kept it safe, I still think I would've made it home :)

You know your car better than anyone else and how far to push it. I would have kept on going. Good choice, though, Rte. 234. [:D] Also, in determining which exit to get off to get gas, make sure its an exit that will allow you back onto the HOV - which I think is only the Springfield area.

I was in a carpool a few years ago and had to use the bathroom so badly that I made them pull off on an exit so I could go. Traffic was atrocious of course, but I had to use the bathroom so bad that I couldn't even stand up straight. But anyway, of course when we were going back to the interstate there was no where to get back on the HOV (We got off at Woodbridge) and we had to sit in crappy traffic. Boy it sucked.......

Date Posted: 20 Dec 2005 at 12:10pm
Yeah, REAL crappy traffic, get it? Number two? Crappy? Hello?
Ok, sorry. I don't think I would have pushed a station wagon, at least call a service truck with one of those hooks on the back. Are you sure there are even station wagon accords?
If I was a driver, and I don't know if this is excessive or not, I would carry an extra battery, jumper cables, flashlight, spare tire, and gas can.

Posted By: SillyBilly
Date Posted: 20 Dec 2005 at 12:14pm
Although...we rode once with a driver who had a flat tire and no spare to replace it.i guess it was our fault for getting in. he was the last car for the evening. i saw the flat tire, got in and hoped that he was going to fix it. we sat for five minutes and he goes"you realize i have a flat tire? and i don't have a spare.

and what's the deal with those cars with no drivers that keep going up and down the street all day? it's like watching a ghost drive a car.

Date Posted: 20 Dec 2005 at 12:21pm
This is what those people call "fluff" SillyBilly you should take your show on the road...but don't slug it around with you!
No one would actually show up to pick up slug with a flat...much less tell you they have no spare! What in the world are you thinking or smokin'?

Date Posted: 20 Dec 2005 at 12:26pm
Good Grief!

In Silly's defense there was this one time I slugged and we did get a flat on the freeway and the slug had a spare but it was just the rim. No tread. Didn't quite understand that but we were stuck for about 20 minutes when a service truck came along and had a spare for us to use.
Other than that, you are nutty, Sillybilly

Date Posted: 20 Dec 2005 at 12:29pm
that too happened to us but it was a fire truck that stopped to help us. they offered us one of their tires off the fire truck, i think it was the front tire, and we were off. ironically there was a fire on the freeway and the fire truck couldn't respond because they donated their front tire to help our dilema.

Date Posted: 20 Dec 2005 at 12:30pm
You are so full of it!

Date Posted: 20 Dec 2005 at 12:31pm
Sounds like the truck brought you some fire cause you seem sooooo high and that's nutty!

Date Posted: 20 Dec 2005 at 12:32pm
Does your mom know you smoke drugs, SillyBilly?

Date Posted: 20 Dec 2005 at 12:57pm
I don't use drugs. i'm naturally high on life.

Date Posted: 21 Dec 2005 at 4:26pm
Thanks for your input!

Posted By: goober
Date Posted: 21 Dec 2005 at 4:50pm
BabblinB,

You had to push a car for three miles, sat on candy, and had to push another car for three blocks? Can you tell us what commuter lot you slug from [?]

Goober

Date Posted: 21 Dec 2005 at 5:15pm
There was only one car I had to push and it was 3 BLOCKS. Yes I sat on a lollipop, have you never had a bad experience slugging.I usually use 19th and F street near the Foggy Bottom Metro Station, and sometimes Potomac Mills depending on which of my roommates drops me off! You should spend less time trying to call me out and by the way theres something on your chin!

Posted By: gmugrad
Date Posted: 27 Dec 2005 at 12:31pm
I suggest that if you will get fired if this happens again that you drive. That way you won't have to worry about this. Also if you don't like to drive then look for another job with a more understanding boss.

Date Posted: 28 Dec 2005 at 9:31am
Went back to my pizza diet and I lost weight. Isn't that strange? i tried to eat right, and I gained 10 pounds. Eat pizza 4 times a week and I lost 5. Now I'm ready to push any out of gas car.

Posted By: frankiestein
Date Posted: 28 Dec 2005 at 9:33am
Can you push a bus if it runs out of gas?

Date Posted: 28 Dec 2005 at 11:45am
I wasn't asking for your suggestions on driving or getting a new job, gmugrad! I mearly think that a driver should know prior to picking up a slug that he or she is nearly out of gas!

Date Posted: 28 Dec 2005 at 12:09pm
Push a BUS? Uh no, not by myself. Besides I said CAR , not bus.
Babblin- Don't get so defensive. It does seem rather odd to suggest finding a new job, but maybe you should talk to your current boss and explain the situation of slugging and some "mishaps" that occur at times.
if that doesn't work, ask him/her to give you a ride. sometimes in the dusk of night the temples shine down on our world, and you have to remember to bring sunglasses.

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.10 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2017 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net