Print Page | Close Window

Goodbye All

Printed From: Slug-Lines.com
Category: General Slugging Questions and Comments
Forum Name: General Slugging Topics
Forum Description: This is the area for all general slugging comments. To add a comment simply create a new topic or see FAQ for detailed information on how to post comments.
URL: http://www.slug-lines.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=2596
Printed Date: 25 May 2024 at 6:16am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 11.10 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Goodbye All
Posted By: wmcg
Subject: Goodbye All
Date Posted: 28 Feb 2006 at 11:07am
After 43 years and the last 16 of it commuting from Spotsylvania and Louisa, Friday is my last day...I am retiring. I'm driving all week and picking up 3 slugs. I have been on 2 bus services, 2 vanpools, rode the miserable train and for the past several years slugged with a little driving mixed in. Slugging is the best form of transportation there is anywhere. Like all of my fellow slugs and drivers I have had some unusual rides and passengers. But, all-in-all each and every ride was good. I have met some nice people, both drivers and fellow slugs. Some of whom I will remain in touch with.

So to all of you, goodbye and keep working to continue the slugging tradition.

Replies:
Posted By: getmehome pweeze
Date Posted: 28 Feb 2006 at 12:35pm
Enjoy!!!

:'}

Posted By: SJS
Date Posted: 28 Feb 2006 at 3:25pm
Congrats on your retirement! I believe you told us the other morning that you have retired from 2 jobs (this being the second one)and will now be gainfully employed closer to home. I wish you all the best and am glad you will not have to make this commute anymore!

Posted By: dickboyd
Date Posted: 28 Feb 2006 at 6:29pm
quote:
Originally posted by wmcg
[br]After 43 years and the last 16 of it commuting from Spotsylvania and Louisa, Friday is my last day...I am retiring. I'm driving all week and picking up 3 slugs. I have been on 2 bus services, 2 vanpools, rode the miserable train and for the past several years slugged with a little driving mixed in. Slugging is the best form of transportation there is anywhere. Like all of my fellow slugs and drivers I have had some unusual rides and passengers. But, all-in-all each and every ride was good. I have met some nice people, both drivers and fellow slugs. Some of whom I will remain in touch with.

So to all of you, goodbye and keep working to continue the slugging tradition.

Congratulations. Enjoy it, you earned it.

dickboyd@aol.com

Posted By: wmcg
Date Posted: 01 Mar 2006 at 7:42am
quote:
Originally posted by SJS
[br]Congrats on your retirement! I believe you told us the other morning that you have retired from 2 jobs (this being the second one)and will now be gainfully employed closer to home. I wish you all the best and am glad you will not have to make this commute anymore!

Yes SJS, I retired from the USN in 1983 after 21+ years, went directly into the old US Customs Service and then to FAA for 22 years. I have a small consulting business I will manage out of my home and have booked more labor hours already than I really wanted to work. But what the heck, I can get up early (0600) catch a bass and be to work at 0800.

WFM

Posted By: ohio 7
Date Posted: 10 Mar 2006 at 2:21pm
I'm green with envy. Happy retirement!!

Posted By: tlschau
Date Posted: 10 Mar 2006 at 3:09pm
Congratulations and enjoy.

Posted By: VA_Slugger
Date Posted: 13 Mar 2006 at 12:07pm
WMCG - Best of Luck in your retirement, and may you always have something to keep you busy your coming days!

Congratulations! [8D] Enjoy the Sunshine!

Posted By: MSCUSN
Date Posted: 14 Mar 2006 at 3:45pm
Congratulations and have a GREAT retirement!!!

Posted By: Admin
Date Posted: 15 Mar 2006 at 7:56am
WMCG - enjoy your retirement and I'm glad to know slugging helped you like it has so many of us.

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.10 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2017 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net