Print Page | Close Window

HAPPY GOOD FRIDAY!

Printed From: Slug-Lines.com
Category: General Slugging Questions and Comments
Forum Name: General Slugging Topics
Forum Description: This is the area for all general slugging comments. To add a comment simply create a new topic or see FAQ for detailed information on how to post comments.
URL: http://www.slug-lines.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=2714
Printed Date: 16 May 2024 at 2:28pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 11.10 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: HAPPY GOOD FRIDAY!
Posted By: bigmike
Subject: HAPPY GOOD FRIDAY!
Date Posted: 05 May 2006 at 8:49am
oh yeah, today is starting out to be a GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRREAT day !!!

for the second day in a row, I picked up yet another young female, absolutely, drop dead gorgeous! I couldnt even speak at first!

This getting in early thing ROCKS!

oh yeah, its gonna rain today, be careful going home.

Replies:
Date Posted: 05 May 2006 at 11:05am
OH NO, im not a picky commuter, I just enjoy the random "WOW" riders.

I am easy to spot out, im the only black cavalier with a big yellow sign saying "14th street".

I pick up at the old hechinger lot. Look for me monday morning, 8am, unless you want me there earlier?

Date Posted: 05 May 2006 at 11:11am
hey, as long as you can get me to the FBI building, im good. Last time I took L street up to 9th, that wasnt so bad.

Date Posted: 05 May 2006 at 11:16am
nope, thats just where my parking garage is. I work at a law firm.

Posted By: vapinky
Date Posted: 05 May 2006 at 11:20am
Hmmmm.....you park at FBI but you work at a law firm...interesting. LOL
[;)]

Date Posted: 05 May 2006 at 11:21am
weird huh? SO, you gonna wait for me on Monday?

Posted By: skinzfootball
Date Posted: 05 May 2006 at 11:30am
Hey BIGMIKE -- I thought you had a "girl."......

Posted By: getmehome pweeze
Date Posted: 05 May 2006 at 11:34am
yeah BM, you did mention her...hmmm...bad bad...

:'}

Date Posted: 05 May 2006 at 11:34am
14th Street is a bit of a hike for me...if you want to do 18th let me know! [:)]

Hey skinz: don't get any ideas - I'm married!

Date Posted: 05 May 2006 at 11:36am
Geez, I'm not "fishin" for a date...just trying to make a commuter connection!
[:0]

Date Posted: 05 May 2006 at 11:37am
im all for 18th, just get me to L and its on gurlfrinnnnnnnn

Date Posted: 05 May 2006 at 11:40am
Oh and not to mention I get off at 18th & E so I'm an easy ride! So throw away that ugly yellow sign! [:I]

Date Posted: 05 May 2006 at 11:41am
yeah, this girl said she aint ugly, so im sure she has -0- problem with men in her life, and yeah I do got a girl. SO?!

married, buried, or hairy, a guy can still have friends!

See ya on monday pinky.

Date Posted: 05 May 2006 at 11:44am
Well, I'll be 33 next month and I'm still carded for alcohol! What does that tell you? [}:)]

I've always found it's easier to be friends with guys than gals: they won't try to steal your boyfriend!!!! LOL

Date Posted: 05 May 2006 at 11:49am
NOPE, that will not happen.

So, monday it is, and you can vouch for my excellent driving skills that nobody seems to think I have.

:-)

(sending you a PM)

Date Posted: 05 May 2006 at 12:10pm
AWWW! We've just witnessed a slug connection! I agree with you pinky, guys are more fun as friends!

Date Posted: 05 May 2006 at 12:13pm
especially this one!

Date Posted: 05 May 2006 at 12:19pm
and yall gonna hear FIRST HAND that my driving is not bad, it is VERY possible to do 80 on HOV, and my passengers come first in all respects.

yall gonna see!

Date Posted: 05 May 2006 at 12:20pm
quote:
so I'm an easy ride!

OH to be single again....... lol

Posted By: skinzfootball
Date Posted: 05 May 2006 at 12:25pm
Wow -- it doesn't take much to get people started does it. BTW BG -- I was the one who rode with you that morning and asked you if you were BM!!!!!!! You weren't a bad driver -- did someone say you were? Because you say you aren't quite often.....

Date Posted: 05 May 2006 at 12:34pm
remember sludge? He said that it is "impossible, reckless, and disrespectful" to do 80 on HOV in the morning. Did you look at my speedo when we were going to work? It said 80-85 the whole way. Good ride wasnt it?

Nice to see your posting! :-)

Posted By: sluDgE
Date Posted: 05 May 2006 at 12:58pm
Mike,

I'm 61 years old, and may not have the quick reactions you young folks have. When I'm on I-395 HOV, there's no way the traffic flow and density will allow me to hit anywhere near 80 mph. If I even tried, I might be "dangerous, irresponsible, and reckless". So, moving with the traffic flow at about 60 to 65 mph in the Grand Marq is my 'comfort zone' on the HOVs going to and from the P'gon and Burke. It seems you drive the HOVs later than the 6:30 AM (& 4:15 PM) or so that we do, and maybe traffic has thinned out enough so you can drive HOV with slugs at 80. When you do, remember you have someone's Mom or Dad, son or daughter, or very special girlfriend or boyfriend onboard. Drive safely, my friend.
Have a great weekend. [:)]

Date Posted: 05 May 2006 at 12:58pm
I'd like to know what time you are on 95 HOV that traffic permits you to go that fast, this past week Ive been late everyday due to traffic. Cept 2day, 4 minutes late!!

Posted By: Oosik
Date Posted: 05 May 2006 at 1:06pm
I'm driving HOV from Springfield at about 6:10 - 6:20. I get up to 80 ALMOST EVERY DAY! It's only when someone is blocking lanes that things slow down. I have no objection if a driver is driving the speed limit, but keep in the right lane. It seems some folks want to hang out in the left lane all the way from Dale City up to the left exit near the Pentagon -- that's just wrong, dangerous and irresponsible. Slow cars to the right.

BTW, while I always welcome a pretty passenger, this morning I would have gladly settled for a fat ugly guy as I had to wait about 10 minutes to get my two slugs at about 6:00 a.m. BM, send the pretty girls to Sydenstricker for a ride.

Date Posted: 05 May 2006 at 1:31pm
quote:
Originally posted by bigmike
[br]
quote:
so I'm an easy ride!

OH to be single again....... lol

Boy did my comment come out ALL WRONG! That's what happens when you don't get enough sleep!! Then again having 4 kids (all boys as a matter of fact), two dogs, a full time job and a husband doesn't leave much time for sleep! [xx(]

Date Posted: 05 May 2006 at 1:34pm
sure, when there is more than 1 I will send the leftovers to ya!

p.s. - where the heck is sydenstricker? lol

sluDgE, im usually on HOV between 8-9am and there is almost NO traffic at that time. As for safety, I have been through too many driving schools, spirited driving classes, road courses, drag racing events, and other driver knowledge programs to be considered "unsafe". I have had special training which makes me a VAST better driver (able to handle situations better) than the average joe. Worry not dear friend, my passengers are in the very best of hands.

Date Posted: 08 May 2006 at 7:04am
seems like some posts were deleted at the beginning of this conversation...

Date Posted: 08 May 2006 at 8:58am
Did you forget about me this morning?

Date Posted: 08 May 2006 at 9:54am
I most certainly did not! 810am I was there, yall werent.

Date Posted: 08 May 2006 at 9:56am
Ummm.....I thought we'd agreed on 7:30 a.m.???

Date Posted: 08 May 2006 at 10:10am
damn, I thought it was 830! im sowwy... wanna try again tomorrow?

Date Posted: 08 May 2006 at 10:13am
Yes.....pleeeez :-)

Date Posted: 08 May 2006 at 10:16am
alright, deal!

730 it is!

Posted By: NoSUV
Date Posted: 08 May 2006 at 10:29am
quote:
Originally posted by Oosik
[br]I'm driving HOV from Springfield at about 6:10 - 6:20. I get up to 80 ALMOST EVERY DAY!

Oosik, I'm surprised the slugs aren't all over you and bigmike about your speeds. For a couple of years now, much has been written about how the express lanes during HOV hours are too congested - and it's the hybrids to blame. Which is it - congested or able to drive at or above the speed limit?

Date Posted: 08 May 2006 at 10:44am
Depends on the morning. Like today, for example. I was at 80 from Occoquan up to Springfield, then 65 the rest of the way in due to congestion. Other mornings, its 80-85 the whole way in.

You guys saw the movie I made, I am not Speed Demon on the roads. Everyone else was going the same speed as me, it just happened to be 80. Do I need to make another movie?

Date Posted: 08 May 2006 at 10:48am
Nothing is as exciting as the guy I rode with last summer that literally was trying to run Hybrids off the road at 90 miles per hour. VERY scary! So 80, I think I can deal with!

Honestly, if you are a good, defensive driver, 80 is barely keeping up pace on the HOV lanes.

Posted By: mariam0673
Date Posted: 08 May 2006 at 10:48am
as sludge mentioned, maybe it really depends on the time - maybe the majority travel earlier...i've done 80 the majority of the time during the morning HOV, usually around 8 - 8:15...coming from 123...there were times i could have gone faster and many who passed me while i was doing 80

Date Posted: 08 May 2006 at 10:56am
thank you ladies. I guess some are just harder to convince than others, especially if they dont take the same route.

Date Posted: 08 May 2006 at 1:18pm
OK, guess everyone is low on energy today.....

Here is some drama for ya.

Our building is flooded! Someone left the water on in the utility closet on the 6th floor on friday. Our basement currently has 3" of standing water. Whats that mean? Our floors are porous! GREAAAAAAAAAAAT. And 90% of the people here are getting sick but hey, we gotta keep working! *sniff* Kinda smells like the beach though...

Date Posted: 08 May 2006 at 1:48pm
If you worked for the Union you'd be on your way home right now :-)

Date Posted: 08 May 2006 at 2:45pm
If I worked for ANYONE else, I would be on my way home right now. lol

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.10 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2017 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net