Print Page | Close Window

14th and Independence

Printed From: Slug-Lines.com
Category: General Slugging Questions and Comments
Forum Name: Afternoon Slug Lines
Forum Description: Enter comments on slug lines leaving the city in the afternoon here.
URL: http://www.slug-lines.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=339
Printed Date: 27 Apr 2024 at 12:01pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 11.10 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: 14th and Independence
Posted By: artplyn
Subject: 14th and Independence
Date Posted: 18 Nov 2002 at 3:51pm
Is there an active line going to 610 around 4:00 from 14th and Independence?

Replies:
Posted By: Admin
Date Posted: 18 Nov 2002 at 4:49pm
I do think so. Any 610 Slugs use this line? If you are close to L'Enfant Plaza they have a strong line.

Posted By: mellymac
Date Posted: 19 Nov 2002 at 11:12am
I don't know of a line on 14th. However, most L'Enfant riders go to the line in front of the GSA building on D Street right across the street from the Metro exit. [:)]

Good Luck.

Posted By: DC_Slugger
Date Posted: 19 Nov 2002 at 11:53am
I hear drivers calling out for 14th a lot, but I don't know of anyone who goes there. I am sure there are some.

Posted By: artplyn
Date Posted: 09 Dec 2002 at 1:38pm
Well, forget the time. Does ANYONE slug from 14th & Independance to 610?
It would be a lot more convenient than going to Pentagon, but would like to here that there is an established line before trying it.

Posted By: Noelle
Date Posted: 26 Jan 2003 at 1:00am
quote:
Originally posted by Admin
[br]I do think so. Any 610 Slugs use this line? If you are close to L'Enfant Plaza they have a strong line.

Posted By: Noelle
Date Posted: 26 Jan 2003 at 1:21am
quote:
Originally posted by Admin
[br]I do think so. Any 610 Slugs use this line? If you are close to L'Enfant Plaza they have a strong line.

I have concerns about the evening line out of 14th and Independence in general. I commute out of Horner Rd. Obviously, the mornings are great because it is generally the first stop on Independence. The afternoons are a different story. About 80% of the time, I end up taking the bus as the cars are few and far between.

Sometimes I will drive. There are a couple of people around 4:00-4:30 but that is it. I have had to wait 5-10 minutes many times. [B)]Unfortunately, the line is long but full of exclusive bus riders.

This past week I went to 14th and New York around 5:00 p.m. There weren't a lot of people there either. Is the cold weather forcing other alternatives? Anyway, I would like to know a strong line on 14th to go out of in the evenings as both a rider and a driver. I am relatively new, any insight would be appreciated.

Posted By: kortegel
Date Posted: 17 Mar 2003 at 2:18pm
Since it's been a couple of months since the last post, I was wondering if participation in the p.m. at 14th and Independence was still sparse or not?

K.O.

Posted By: zandiejack
Date Posted: 21 Mar 2003 at 10:08am
14th and Independence is running pretty smoothly these days, especially for Horner Road and Potomac Mills. However, we would really LOVE [:)]it if more Old Hechinger's drivers would come our way. It seems the peak time for those lots is usually between 4:30 and 5:30. I normally join the line around 4:40 and watch as several Horner Rd drivers come along. At times when one of the FOUR Dale City buses has picked up riders and just Lake Ridge riders are left, we're able to negotiate and get rides to Old Hechinger's. [;)]

Posted By: tondalea
Date Posted: 21 Mar 2003 at 2:34pm
There is a line for 610 at 14th and F. A few blocks up if you dont mind the walk. I also sometimes see people at 14th and Independence with a 610 sign. Dont know how well it works though.

Posted By: kortegel
Date Posted: 25 Mar 2003 at 8:33am
But no one going to Route 17 at this location?

K.O.

Posted By: tondalea
Date Posted: 26 Mar 2003 at 4:17pm
Kortegel,

I am not sure if you are talking about the 14th and F or the 14th and independece line. I have never tried independece and have never seen anyone with a route 17 sign there. I tried the line for 17 on 14th and F when it first started and it was great for a few weeks. After the big snow hit, I was unable to get a ride there and had to take the bus. Anytime I go to take the bus there, I hold out my 17 sign while waiting and have yet to get a ride again.

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.10 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2017 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net