Print Page | Close Window

Commuter Lot Crime

Printed From: Slug-Lines.com
Category: General Slugging Questions and Comments
Forum Name: General Slugging Topics
Forum Description: This is the area for all general slugging comments. To add a comment simply create a new topic or see FAQ for detailed information on how to post comments.
URL: http://www.slug-lines.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=407
Printed Date: 18 May 2024 at 3:31pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 11.10 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Commuter Lot Crime
Posted By: Bob
Subject: Commuter Lot Crime
Date Posted: 15 Jan 2003 at 8:27am
I got this from the Potomac News this morning. I will be writing a letter to the Board of Supervisors about the increased criminal activity.

Bob

Two vehicles stolen from parkway commuter lot

A four-door dark green 1996 Honda Accord and a four-door gold 1995 Honda Accord were stolen from the Prince William Parkway commuter lot Monday, said Detective Dennis Mangan, a Prince William police spokesman.

The lot is at 2250 Prince William Parkway.

Both cars have Virginia license plates and both are valued at about $7,000. They were taken during the day, Mangan said.

Replies:
Posted By: Bob
Date Posted: 16 Jan 2003 at 10:13am
I contacted Ms. Griggs and she got back to me today with a statement from the Prince Wm. Police.

To summarize what the police said, they actually did catch one of the people who was stealing cars at Horner Road. They apparently caught him in the act driving a stolen car. I guess we don't generally hear about this when they catch someone. He is being charged in both PW and Arlington. They also stated that we don't yet have a statistical increase in auto theft at the lots, but they are very much aware of the problem and it is a priority. Both the PW Police and the state police patrol the lots.

As for the observation tower that has been in the works for a long time, they hope to have it in 4 to 6 weeks.

Thanks to Ms. Griggs and the Prince William Police.

Posted By: tlschau
Date Posted: 17 Jan 2003 at 3:22pm
http://www.vsp.state.va.us/Forms/sp-248.pdf

Posted By: jfelmore
Date Posted: 24 Jan 2003 at 2:17pm
My 1996 Honda Accord was stolen Jan 3 at the Tackett's Mill lot. The police found it that night on Rollingbrook Dr. with the airbags missing. Another Honda was also stolen from Harbour Dr. lot that day.

The detective told me there HAS been an increase in car theft, specifically for airbags. All slugs, especially Honda and Toyota owners, need to ensure that they use a club, at a minimum, as a deterrent. I was told that thieves ignore alarm systems at a commuter lot.

The police said that Horner Rd has the most vandalism.

Slugs beware, because the thieves are out there.

Jeanne Elmore

Posted By: fryed_1
Date Posted: 03 Nov 2005 at 12:06pm
610 is getting worse too. Few weeks ago there were a bunch of windows broken and radio/phones/purses stolen from cars. Plus I've had my lugs loosened before there.

BTW, if whoever keeps stealing my firestick antenna's is reading this (happened 4 times since start of summer @39.95/ea)... Let me catch you doing it. I have the broken stub of the last one sitting in the back of the car. You'll find the broken end crammed somewhere you won't find too comfortable while I key my microphone and apply 12volts directly to your prostate.

Posted By: mikester
Date Posted: 03 Nov 2005 at 3:11pm
I think break-ins are increasing all over stafford, not just in the lots. I've been hearing about them happening at high school athletic events while everyone is distracted. The people I heard it from hadn't had a problem before. I'm glad that I see a deputy in my lot every morning watching the place.

Posted By: sbouncer
Date Posted: 04 Nov 2005 at 6:49am
I had the lug covers taken off my Impala in the old 610 lot either yesterday or the day before so I know that it is getting worse all the time in that lot.

Posted By: Subaru
Date Posted: 04 Nov 2005 at 7:21am
Ive come back to the horner lot many times and seen cars on jackstands. I was surprised to see a prince william county had one of those telescoping stands, the ones that someone gets in the pod, and it raises up so the person can view a large area.

-Rob

Posted By: N_or_S_bound
Date Posted: 04 Nov 2005 at 7:32am
Realize the event that just occured this past week where lots of crimes were commited. I know of dented cars and broken taillights as a result of someone's idea of "fun" on October 31st.

Be interesting to see the crime statistics plotted out for the months of October and November to see if there is a spike in crimes overall.

NoSb

SOV because you can, HOV because you care!

Posted By: scoobydoo
Date Posted: 08 Nov 2005 at 8:23am
What I don't get is, Why are they stealing Wipers? Is it just to piss off the drivers? When it rains we are screwed. Can't see the road. Where's the road? Don't know, someone stole our wipers!

Posted By: SpongeBob
Date Posted: 08 Nov 2005 at 1:25pm
Hey, you're the crime-fighting dog, you tell us.

Pretend the wipers are Scoobie snacks and get going!

Date Posted: 08 Nov 2005 at 1:45pm
I've heard of people having their air bags stolen? Is there any sense to this? THAT would piss me off more than the wipers being stolen.

Posted By: frankiestein
Date Posted: 08 Nov 2005 at 1:47pm
There is a profit to be made from airbags, I think it's like 1,000 each. It cost you about $4,ooo to have one re-installed.

Date Posted: 08 Nov 2005 at 1:48pm
When we wait on the freeway for cars to pick us up, we've seen cars on blocks before with no tires. How the heck does that happen with all the traffic going by? Where are the police?

Posted By: frankiestein
Date Posted: 08 Nov 2005 at 1:49pm
The freeway? are you hitch-hiking to work everyday? I don't think we slugs are supposed to pick up hitch hikers.

Date Posted: 08 Nov 2005 at 1:53pm
Uh DUH!We aren't hitching rides. There is a line of people waiting for cars on Rt 17 and I-95.I've actually been in a car where the driver decided to stop and pick up a hitchhiker. Great! Now I'm in a car with the driver(whom I never met before) and the hitchhiker.
The girl next to me was flirting with the hitchhiker. The heck is going on around here?

Posted By: sluDgE
Date Posted: 08 Nov 2005 at 2:33pm
[:p] Must have something to do with "Slugs Who Offer Sex"! [:p]

Date Posted: 08 Nov 2005 at 3:33pm
I guess so, I was like what is going on?

Posted By: AveMaria
Date Posted: 08 Nov 2005 at 4:01pm
This thread is old...check out the date of the initial post.

Posted By: Moody Girl
Date Posted: 08 Nov 2005 at 4:31pm
AveMaria,

I don't think Scooby really cares that this is an old post. It looks to me like he and frankenstein are only concerned with how many posts/stars they can get in just a few days.

If you look at their registration dates, you will see that they have made a lot of meaningless progress in a very short time.

I think it's time to humanely euthanize these two critters. As it is very clear that they do not have a life. [;)]

Posted By: Baz
Date Posted: 08 Nov 2005 at 5:07pm
Moodygirl..Im with ya

Posted By: Baz
Date Posted: 08 Nov 2005 at 5:12pm
Moody Girl,
I even found a picture of this wierdo scoobydoo who is posting these absurd comments on slug-lines.com....what a freak

http://www.precioustimesphotography.co.uk/images/scooby%20doo.JPG

Date Posted: 09 Nov 2005 at 7:36am
Very funny guys..And they are not meaningless , moody girl[xx(]

Date Posted: 09 Nov 2005 at 7:38am
I'm in no way concerned about the stupid stars,Yesterday was the first I heard of the site and was shoked that there were so many sluggers in one blog. So if I got carried away with posting, I'm sorry I offended your cold nature Moody girl[:D]

Date Posted: 09 Nov 2005 at 8:35am
quote:
Originally posted by Baz
[br]Moody Girl,
I even found a picture of this wierdo scoobydoo who is posting these absurd comments on slug-lines.com....what a freak

Baz,

That was Awesome! [;)]

Scooby,

Your posts are all over the place and don't have a thing to do with the original post. FYI, I am not always cold....sometimes I'm hot.....sometimes luke warm....some days I experience all three. Hence the name...Moody Girl. [:0]

Posted By: MSCUSN
Date Posted: 09 Nov 2005 at 9:11am
Moody, it would be a crime if you were only luke warm to cold [}:)].... with that said, this will be the only out of topic post I make, well maybe[?]

Date Posted: 09 Nov 2005 at 9:32am
Sooooo......you've been following me. Touche' Ms. shadow

Posted By: mikester
Date Posted: 09 Nov 2005 at 10:09am
quote:
Originally posted by Baz
[br]Moody Girl,

Freakish is right. Scary pic

Date Posted: 09 Nov 2005 at 1:28pm
quote:
Originally posted by scoobydoo
[br]Sooooo......you've been following me. Touche' Ms. shadow

Scooby,

It's hard to miss you when you leave flaming little piles of "Scooby Poo" at the door of every post. However, if it makes you feel better to think you have a "shadow" so be it.

P.S. MSCUSN, We won't even talk about the hot days! [:I]

Posted By: MSCUSN
Date Posted: 09 Nov 2005 at 1:56pm
quote:
Originally posted by Moody Girl
[br]
quote:
Originally posted by scoobydoo
[br]Sooooo......you've been following me. Touche' Ms. shadow

P.S. MSCUSN, We won't even talk about the hot days! [:I]

Oh! well that sounds like something that should be given personal attention[;)]