Print Page | Close Window

Slugging Rules Broken Talk Radio

Printed From: Slug-Lines.com
Category: General Slugging Questions and Comments
Forum Name: General Slugging Topics
Forum Description: This is the area for all general slugging comments. To add a comment simply create a new topic or see FAQ for detailed information on how to post comments.
URL: http://www.slug-lines.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=4264
Printed Date: 10 May 2024 at 5:43am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 11.10 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Slugging Rules Broken Talk Radio
Posted By: fburgsluggie
Subject: Slugging Rules Broken Talk Radio
Date Posted: 27 Jul 2009 at 6:07pm
Whatever happened to listening to WTOP radio? Today I rode home with a young man who listens to a talk radio station that was racially controversial. He seems not to know the rules for approved stations to listen to. He drives a blue Jetta with Tag XUP-7542. He picks up from Pentagon between the hours of 3 pm and 4 pm. The system does work. We cannot turn our heads to things that may cause the system to fail. This is my first posting after 15 years of slugging.

Replies:
Posted By: HannityFan
Date Posted: 27 Jul 2009 at 9:57pm
Simply put, I choose not to listen to WTOP. Instead, I choose to listen to Sean Hannity (After all this is my car). This afternoon on the Sean Hannity show there was a debate over the recent arrest of Prof Gates. This apparently made one of the rider's uncomfortable (the OP), and towards the end of the trip he confronted me (and IMO not in the most polite way), to which I replied, "I choose to listen to Sean Hannity. In the future, you can choose not to ride with me. I will not be offended by this."

Posted By: RetiredMarine
Date Posted: 28 Jul 2009 at 7:35am
quote:
Originally posted by fburgsluggie

Whatever happened to listening to WTOP radio? Today I rode home with a young man who listens to a talk radio station that was racially controversial. He seems not to know the rules for approved stations to listen to.

The driver picks what he or she wants to listen to. There is no list of approved or not approved radio stations. I don’t care for the Sean Hannity show either, but as a slug I will listen to what ever the drive has on.

Posted By: Checkers
Date Posted: 28 Jul 2009 at 9:32am
I keep earplugs handy. I find the attitude "my car, my rules" rather rude. My car, my guests -- even if one of them might be Miss HannityFan.

Posted By: VA_Slugger
Date Posted: 28 Jul 2009 at 9:35am
quote:
Originally posted by RetiredMarine

The driver picks what he or she wants to listen to. There is no list of approved or not approved radio stations. I don’t care for the Sean Hannity show either, but as a slug I will listen to what ever the drive has on.

RM...I'm with you. Driver calls the radio, tape, CD, etc selection. IPods are always an option.

Posted By: getmehome pweeze
Date Posted: 28 Jul 2009 at 2:16pm
I'm sure the drivers don't always agree with their slugs size, smell or carry-on materials, but hey, its a free beneficial system don't you think sometimes we all have to suck it up and deal with what we get?

I particularly find Hannity a terrible excuse for a human, therefore I keep an IPod on hand. :)

This is a shared system folks. Most of us were raised with manners, it's time to start using them.

XOXO- sluggin' girl

Posted By: SJS
Date Posted: 29 Jul 2009 at 4:41am
I find it rather amusing that fburgsluggie failed to mention in his post how confrontational he was to this driver or how he kept dropping the F-bomb during his tirade with little concern for the older lady sitting in the back seat. Hannity's comments were nothing compared to the performance put on by this slug. Had he politely asked the driver to change the station, he probably would have. Also don't know what rules he is reading, but I have been slugging for over 20 years and am not aware of the WTOP rule. I am, however aware of the rule that says it is the driver's car and they control the heat, air, radio, etc.

And, maybe this rider should take note of getmehome pweeze closing...
Most of us were raised with manners, it's time to start using them. [:)]

Posted By: slugcarrier
Date Posted: 29 Jul 2009 at 7:58am
quote:

Whatever happened to listening to WTOP radio? Today I rode home with a young man who listens to a talk radio station that was racially controversial. He seems not to know the rules for approved stations to listen to. He drives a blue Jetta with Tag XUP-7542. He picks up from Pentagon between the hours of 3 pm and 4 pm. The system does work. We cannot turn our heads to things that may cause the system to fail. This is my first posting after 15 years of slugging.

You are out of line, it is the driver's prerogative. In 9 years of carrying slugs I have never had one question my choice of radio stations. If one did, he/she would be promptly offered the opportunity to debark from my vessel on the shoulder of the road.

Posted By: Paula
Date Posted: 29 Jul 2009 at 1:58pm
WOW!! I never knew I had to listen to WTOP radio in MY car!!

I prefer to listen to BIG 100 (Oldies) with the mix of music, news and traffic. Pure talk radio bores me. A couple of times I've put on potentially offensive radio (blue collar comedy) but have always asked before putting it on.

In the 2+ years we've carried slugs, we've never heard a complaint about our station. In fact, we've had several slugs thank us for our music choices.

Now if I could only convince slugs that I don't want to have to listen to their music via their headphones, I'd be all set!

Posted By: Jody
Date Posted: 30 Jul 2009 at 4:12pm
An approved radio list for slugs/drivers? Now I've heard it all. The only thing I've ever asked drivers to do is to lower the volume. For a free ride, I can endure whatever station they have on. [;)]

Posted By: colossus911
Date Posted: 31 Jul 2009 at 2:31pm
Approved stations, what is the communist russia! I mean seriously, I know Karl Marx's protoge is in the White House but seriously man freedom.

Drivers, freedom to listen to what ever the hell we want to listen to.

Riders, freedom not to get in the car.

Enjoy radio with an opinion before the Congress takes it away by reancting the "fairness" doctirine.

Posted By: DrChen
Date Posted: 31 Jul 2009 at 3:11pm
I dont' mind WTOP, NPR, or really anything. People have the right to listen to what they want. But drivers can be a little bit more courteous with what they listen to. But then, it's their car and they're driving. We're getting a free ride. For the most part, I've not experience any bad experiences. I guess if it really makes you uncomfortable and you really need the driver to change what they are listening to. You can always politely mention the discomfort. It may trigger some confrontation, but that's a chance you take as with all the other chance you take when you slug or pick up riders. It just comes with this system. But it seem to work well, ALMOST all the time.

I usually have a problem with drivers having the ventilation system not cool enough, so I cook in the back and get dizzy and start feeling sick. I guess I could have said something, but I just close my eyes and try to relax and get out the car when we get back.

Just my opinion.

Posted By: puglover
Date Posted: 31 Jul 2009 at 4:03pm
Every Monday morning I set my radio speakers so that only the front driver's side emits sound. Perfect for me, perfect for my riders since I am not blasting them. On Friday night after I drop them off, the speakers go back to their normal setting. Not hard to do. I am pretty sure all cars have this option. Wouldn't hurt for the driver to be courteous and set it this way. Like others have said, this is a mutually-beneficial system.

If you have ever been a rider (and I was for many years) you can sympathize with the ventilation issue. If the weather is nice I keep my windows down in the city, it just wastes gas to run the A/C in stop-and-go traffic. But I tell my riders that and that I plan to put the A/C on once we hit the bridge. And I try to remember to check with the backseat rider to see if he/she is comfortable.

Hey, it doesn't take a lot of effort to make the ride comfortable for all.

Posted By: CJ
Date Posted: 01 Aug 2009 at 10:17pm
Wow! I've been a driver and a sluggie now for 7 years. As a sluggie, I've had to endure NPR (pure torture in my opinion), born-again Christian rock (I'm sure my Catholic soul will get time off in purgatory for this), Indian music, horrible rap, the list goes on. WTOP is good for the first 15 minutes but by the third go-round it just sucks. My point is I like Hannity so if you ever see a green Mercury Montego at the Pentagon -Don't get in my car or you may be offended by listening to the dreaded OTHER POINT OF VIEW. I also listen to Grandy and Andy in the morning and that too might be offensive. Of course, your other option is to quit thinking you are ENTITLED TO A FREE RIDE and drive yourself.

FYI: getmehomeplease, I usually agree with you but I have to point out that your comment "Hannity is a miserable excuse for a human being" is a little much. You may not know this but every year since 2003 Hannity has raised millions of dollars through his "Freedom Concerts" for college scholarship funds of children who have had a parent killed serving in our military. You may not agree with his views but he is hardly a miserable excuse of a human being.

CJ

Posted By: n/a
Date Posted: 03 Aug 2009 at 3:54pm
Yes, the driver sets the radio station, etc., but like with anything else a little courtesy is always a good thing. I try to avoid contraversial talk radio (Hannity, Imus, Stern) in general and while driving slugs around; following the "garbage in-garbage out" way of thinking, and let's be honest, that stuff is garbage. I choose to listen to my ipod while riding, so drivers can listen to what ever they want.

And BTW, there is no approved slug radio station or programming.

Yes, the driver sets the rules in the car, and we should all demonstrate consideration.

Posted By: GoBlue
Date Posted: 06 Aug 2009 at 12:24pm
I completely agree with the original poster’s dislike for Hannity regardless of subject matter. I mean really, it displays a poor intellect to keep him on, HOWEVER, I also keep my headphones w/mp3 around to help drown out that and other things. Yesterday, I got a ride and had to listen to simplistic gospel music accompanied by both front seat persons chomping on the gum-so, on go the headphones.

Also, I dislike the Michael Bazemore (sp?) show on black radio. He is equally offensive with sexist and race-baiting shows.

That all said, it is simple courtesy to consider other people. Slugs are not just hitchhikers. They are serving drivers to escape the traffic and drivers have rights too, so slugs should stop their telephone calling, gum chewing, SNORING and food eating for when they are in the quiet of their home. If you must have these pleasures, THEN DRIVE!

BTW, why do we handle issues of courtesy with answers from Blackstone’s Legal Guide? Yes, it’s your car, but that drivers license is not a license for uncivil behavior.

Posted By: GoBlue
Date Posted: 06 Aug 2009 at 12:48pm
I recall a time when I was driving to Silver Springs and so I picked up slugs. I like to listen to books, so I saved a Hemingway novel for the trip back.
Well this happened to be the one Hemingway novel that I know of in which his protagonist uses some racist rants against blacks. I had just picked up 2 passengers (both black) when I heard the first use of that particular word. I was paying more attention to my driving so I wasn't sure I heard it correctly. Then out it came again! I quickly switched to a different cd and while nothing was said, I was very embarrassed.
Now, I could have asserted the "My car, my rules" attitude, but come on, it doesn't hurt to be civil. And, I would have switched it off for any race of riders. When I pick books to hear, I consider the material. I'm not trying to please everyone, I'm just trying to consider not being offensive.

Date Posted: 08 Aug 2009 at 8:41pm
I think the problem is that the original poster was quite rude both in their initial post and apparently in the car during the ride. It's one thing to be courteous to a rider- hey everyone should be right? But its quite another for someone to accost you in your own car, call you names and then come online and post deregatory things about you WITH your license plate number, simply because they didn't like your radio station. Then to have other people come on here and call you (and everyone who also likes the show) unintelligent because you happen tp like listening to a certain radio show. Wow. That's rude.

CJ

Posted By: blacksky
Date Posted: 10 Aug 2009 at 12:13am
quote:
Originally posted by CJ

I think the problem is that the original poster was quite rude both in their initial post and apparently in the car during the ride. It's one thing to be courteous to a rider- hey everyone should be right? But its quite another for someone to accost you in your own car, call you names and then come online and post deregatory things about you WITH your license plate number, simply because they didn't like your radio station. Then to have other people come on here and call you (and everyone who also likes the show) unintelligent because you happen tp like listening to a certain radio show. Wow. That's rude.

CJ

Your car = your rules. My car = my rules. If you don't like it, after exit 152, you are a PEDESTRIAN. Everyone knows I've written this before. I play my music in my car and tolerate whatever is in the car I am slugging in. That's why I have an MP3 player w/ me. I have even had to tolerate Howard Stern, and WORSE to get to/from work...but the price of the ride was ZERO!

Posted By: ceejay2
Date Posted: 10 Aug 2009 at 9:42pm
my husband and i pick up at the Pentagon. we go back and forth from WTOP to Hannity to the baseball game if there's a day game. the speakers in the backseat are turned off and we keep the volume down so only we can hear the radio. our slug can't hear anything. but even if they could, it's MY vehicle. i paid for it, i pay to insure it and fuel it up and maintain it. you don't like my choice of radio station? drive your own car. pissant.

Date Posted: 12 Aug 2009 at 9:58am
Excerpt from CJ: "our slug can't hear anything. but even if they could, it's MY vehicle. i paid for it, i pay to insure it and fuel it up and maintain it. you don't like my choice of radio station? drive your own car. pissant."

Response: Good for you. Now go over to the main line where you belong -- your own bubble.

Posted By: n/a
Date Posted: 12 Aug 2009 at 12:18pm
Whatever happened to the guy who used to play books-on-tape all the way home? He would start the trip home by announcing his "daily selection." He especially liked books that dramatized historic wars and battles, which I found quite nice for sleeping on the ride home!

Date Posted: 12 Aug 2009 at 7:17pm
quote:
Originally posted by Checkers

Excerpt from CJ: "our slug can't hear anything. but even if they could, it's MY vehicle. i paid for it, i pay to insure it and fuel it up and maintain it. you don't like my choice of radio station? drive your own car. pissant."

Response: Good for you. Now go over to the main line where you belong -- your own bubble.

First off ceejay2 said that not me (details matter) and second if you think that someone who is paying for the gas, maintenance etc of the vehicle in which you are getting a free ride in, should kowtow to you then YOU need to get on the freaking bus. Having been a slug, driver, and bus rider, I can say by far slugs have it best.

CJ

Posted By: scottt
Date Posted: 13 Aug 2009 at 8:40am
quote:
Originally posted by GoBlue

I recall a time when I was driving to Silver Springs and so I picked up slugs. I like to listen to books, so I saved a Hemingway novel for the trip back.
Well this happened to be the one Hemingway novel that I know of in which his protagonist uses some racist rants against blacks. I had just picked up 2 passengers (both black) when I heard the first use of that particular word. I was paying more attention to my driving so I wasn't sure I heard it correctly. Then out it came again! I quickly switched to a different cd and while nothing was said, I was very embarrassed.
Now, I could have asserted the "My car, my rules" attitude, but come on, it doesn't hurt to be civil. And, I would have switched it off for any race of riders. When I pick books to hear, I consider the material. I'm not trying to please everyone, I'm just trying to consider not being offensive.

You commuted to FL every day?

Posted By: ceejay2
Date Posted: 13 Aug 2009 at 8:34pm
quote:

checkers, try reading it again. the passenger in the back seat cannot hear the radio. so it doesn't matter what we play on the radio. so deal.

Date Posted: 14 Aug 2009 at 9:15am
hmmmmm. Sounds like someone needs to take their football and go home.[^]

Date Posted: 14 Aug 2009 at 10:26am
quote:

hmmmmm. Sounds like someone needs to take their football and go home.[^]

You mean someone should take the car they pay the gas and maintenance for and go home right?

CJ

Date Posted: 14 Aug 2009 at 11:28am
Nope. What you're describing is a classic: the kid who takes HIS football and goes home because the other kids won't play by his rules. boo hoo. So there. Now no one can play. Get it now?

Date Posted: 14 Aug 2009 at 8:34pm
quote:

Nope. What you're describing is a classic: the kid who takes HIS football and goes home because the other kids won't play by his rules. boo hoo. So there. Now no one can play. Get it now?

I got your stupid remark the first time, but the salient points you missed are (1) the rules are common slugging rules not mine and (2)regardless of whether it's a football or a car, if you're using someone else's stuff, you should be respectful and appreciative and not a know-it-all jerk who thinks he/she is entitled to use either.

CJ

Date Posted: 17 Aug 2009 at 4:15pm
Now, Now. My stuff, my rules is your message. Since we live in these here United States of America, I accept your opinion, but at the same time I can disagree with it. Sooooo, I disagree. If you are unable to pick up slugs because the slugs disappeared, you'd end up on the main line anyway -- paying for it in more ways than one. [^]

Date Posted: 17 Aug 2009 at 8:34pm
Like I said at the beginning of this string: I used to drive, then I slugged for a year, then I rode the bus and then slugged again. Now I work shift work so it varies. I accept that some people feel that NPR is actually worthy of listening to and that some people actually like Christian rock. In fact, I've even sat in cars where sexually explicit rap was being played. It was their car and I respected that. I would NEVER under any circumstances start cussing out and insulting someone who was driving THEIR car because I disagreed with their choice of radio when I was getting a free ride. And actually I've lost interest in this string, I just keep replying to you because it bumps over the spam. Hopefully, some other troll will start a new string of some other contentious issue so I don't have to keep seeing ads for new cellphones.

CJ

Posted By: Pele
Date Posted: 18 Aug 2009 at 12:57pm
quote:
Originally posted by GoBlue

Also, I dislike the Michael Bazemore (sp?) show on black radio. He is equally offensive with sexist and race-baiting shows.

It's Michael Baisden. And I'd be careful what you say about him. His fans might strike down upon you with all the wrath Al Sharpton and Jessie Jackson can bring. I work with too many people that listen to that crap in the office of all places.

But I put up with it at the office and in the cars. I really don't care what's being played (There's one driver that plays a hardcore conservative/religious station that's been a bit of a shocker.) so long as they get me to the commuter lot in a reasonable amount of time. I'm more annoyed at slow drivers than what they listen to.

quote:

That all said, it is simple courtesy to consider other people. Slugs are not just hitchhikers. They are serving drivers to escape the traffic and drivers have rights too, so slugs should stop their telephone calling, gum chewing, SNORING and food eating for when they are in the quiet of their home. If you must have these pleasures, THEN DRIVE!

I would hope that you don't suggest people snore while driving. That just sounds like a bad idea.

With nothing to occupy me in the car, I tend to like to pass out until I'm woken by the rolling of the flyover... I don't know if I snore loudly though.

But lots of other slugs have done the same and snored. It doesn't seem like it's terribly annoying. Besides, you only have to deal with it until we get to the drop off point. I can think of far worse things than snoring... Bad BO, nose picking, that OP cussing you out for your radio selection... Snoring is not so bad.

Posted By: getmehome pweeze
Date Posted: 18 Aug 2009 at 1:50pm
Please people- turn the A/C up!! No need to argue like this.

This is a shared system folks. Most of us were raised with manners, it's time to start using them.

XOXO- sluggin' girl

Posted By: go2grl
Date Posted: 18 Aug 2009 at 5:58pm
I probably slug 80% of the time and drive the other 20% and I've been in cars where I would rather have not been because of the driver's choice of radio station. You know what I did? I sat back, stayed quiet and thanked them for the ride when they dropped me off. If it was something that truly offended me(and that has only happened once in 5 years), I let the next person in line get the ride when I saw that particular driver again and I waited for the next car.

As a driver, there are times when I want to listen to a cd(Disturbed, Puddle of Mudd, etc.) or radio station that is out of the PC range. You know what I do? I turn the radio to something friendly like WTOP, B101, etc. I can handle an hour of driving with a more PC station so I don't make someone uncomfortable because of my music choice.

It's not that hard to be polite and thankful for the quicker ride home. It only takes a second to step out of our selfish little boxes and see things from another perspective, whether slug or driver.

Posted By: BIGNAT
Date Posted: 19 Aug 2009 at 8:57am
HA! This is so funny. This site never ceases to amaze me. Now drivers can't listen to what they want in their vehicle? Bull @#$!

Glad it wasn't me in that situation. We might have been on the local news!

As a rider, sit down and be quiet and enjoy your free ride!!!!!!!!!!!!

BigNat

Posted By: BorrowMyHusband.NET
Date Posted: 19 Aug 2009 at 4:07pm
I have been slugging for just under 5 years. I am grateful for the slug system and drivers who stop and pickup riders.

At the end of the day, we all have choices:
1 - Ride with the smoker or not
2 - Ride with the person putting on makeup or not
3 - Ride with the person playing whatever sound (CD, Radio, etc.) or not
4 - Ride with person with flithy car (dog hair, kids candy, trash, etc.) or not
5 - Ride with the speeder, tortoise, etc or not

Or, walk down the dank, dingy, musty metro station and catch the crowded and smelly train and turn a 30 min commute into a 1 hour + production.

Fire that Couch POTATO! BorrowMyHusband.net

Posted By: fburgsluggie
Date Posted: 20 Aug 2009 at 8:40am
Over the 15 plus years I have been the slugger and the sluggie. What makes this system really works is being respectful to one another. I would never listen to a station that I thought would offend another person. It does amaze me on many of the comments that the driver has the right to listen to whatever he wants. Yes it is his car and his gas, but for this system to remain successful we really must respect people of all races and background. Slugging is a benefit for us all whether you are the sluggie or the slugger.

quote:

Posted By: BIGNAT
Date Posted: 20 Aug 2009 at 10:01am
I agree with you fburg but something will always offend someone. Heck I saw something negative on this posting topic about the Mike Baisden show. He is not a "race jock" but as with EVERTHING someone doesn't like his show and might find the content offensive for whatever reason. I use to listen to the gospel station. Someone might not like gospel and/or accuse me of shoving religion down their throat. Can't please everyone. That's why I drive. My car my rules and I am always safe and respectfull. Can't say I've been given the same courtesy by many riders. Many don't speak, don't even say thank you. WTH!!!!!!!!!!!!

My car...My rules!

BigNat

Posted By: Pele
Date Posted: 20 Aug 2009 at 2:33pm
quote:
Originally posted by go2grl

As a driver, there are times when I want to listen to a cd(Disturbed, Puddle of Mudd, etc.) or radio station that is out of the PC range. You know what I do? I turn the radio to something friendly like WTOP, B101, etc. I can handle an hour of driving with a more PC station so I don't make someone uncomfortable because of my music choice.

That's because you have common courtesy and think of the comfort of your passengers. A lot of people don't.

quote:

It's not that hard to be polite and thankful for the quicker ride home. It only takes a second to step out of our selfish little boxes and see things from another perspective, whether slug or driver.

I'd like to agree with you, but I've lived in the D.C. area all my life. The people in this area not only have made me lose my faith in humanity, but have convinced me that it's not worth attempting to try and regain it because I'll just get let down over and over again.

I'll simply work here because there are still good paying jobs here, pay off my overpriced cookie cutter house, and head down south as fast as I can. At least people there are friendly and respectful to one another.

Date Posted: 20 Aug 2009 at 4:03pm
quote:

Over the 15 plus years I have been the slugger and the sluggie. What makes this system really works is being respectful to one another. I would never listen to a station that I thought would offend another person. It does amaze me on many of the comments that the driver has the right to listen to whatever he wants. Yes it is his car and his gas, but for this system to remain successful we really must respect people of all races and background. Slugging is a benefit for us all whether you are the sluggie or the slugger.

quote:

I do have to say that I am a little curious. According to SJS ( the sixth or seventh comment on this topic) who appears to be the third rider in the car that day, you were less than courteous in your desire to have the station changed. If, indeed,that's true than you were just as much a part of the problem as the driver you commented about. While it is true that it takes riders and drivers to make the system work, financially the driver is taking on the biggest burden (gas, maintenance and God forbid if there's an accident, insurance liability). For all of that, I believe that drivers should be cut some slack. After following this string for the past couple weeks, I elected NOT to pick up slugs on Tuesday because my air conditioner doesn't get cold until after you get going on the highway. Rather than worry about being blogged about on here, I took back roads home and avoided 95 (thank you TomTom GPS). Yes, it took about 20 minutes longer but I listened to my radio and sat in the air conditioning.

CJ

Posted By: duckduffer
Date Posted: 04 Sep 2009 at 12:17pm
quote:

quote:

Date Posted: 04 Sep 2009 at 12:22pm
I have been slugging fro many years also and is amazes me the way you complain. We are guests in the person’s car. When you are a guest you appreciate what you get free. I wonder what racial remarks that were said? Are you that soft skinned? The systems works both ways, drivers and riders need to know how to act, we need each other.
There are cars I do not ride in because I know the driver or the car. Nothing personal, I just don’t want to ride with you and I am sure you are not upset that I turned down your ride.

Date Posted: 04 Sep 2009 at 12:36pm

quote:

Next time your A/C does not work.. When you pull up say your A/C does not work and let the riders choose. There are some drivers that announce they have no A/C and someone will get in. There are alot of riders who want to get home!!
Thanks for caring though!!!

I do have to say that I am a little curious. According to SJS ( the sixth or seventh comment on this topic) who appears to be the third rider in the car that day, you were less than courteous in your desire to have the station changed. If, indeed,that's true than you were just as much a part of the problem as the driver you commented about. While it is true that it takes riders and drivers to make the system work, financially the driver is taking on the biggest burden (gas, maintenance and God forbid if there's an accident, insurance liability). For all of that, I believe that drivers should be cut some slack. After following this string for the past couple weeks, I elected NOT to pick up slugs on Tuesday because my air conditioner doesn't get cold until after you get going on the highway. Rather than worry about being blogged about on here, I took back roads home and avoided 95 (thank you TomTom GPS). Yes, it took about 20 minutes longer but I listened to my radio and sat in the air conditioning.

CJ

Posted By: HannityFan
Date Posted: 17 Sep 2009 at 2:56pm

quote:

What has been the fallout of your actions? I, who by the way tend to leave the office more often well after 6pm than 3-4pm, have recently stopped picking up riders stranded at the Pentagon after 6. Instead, I have elected to drive myself home, listening to what ever I want (typically Mark Levin), just so I don't have to deal or take a chance someone would disrespect me and/or the other riders in my car.

So in my opinion, you have broken the system.

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.10 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2017 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net