Print Page | Close Window

**NEW** STRINGFELLOW PARK & RIDE TO DC SLUG LINE

Printed From: Slug-Lines.com
Category: General Slugging Questions and Comments
Forum Name: Morning Slug Lines
Forum Description: Enter comments for all slug lines going into the city.
URL: http://www.slug-lines.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=4681
Printed Date: 25 Apr 2024 at 7:00pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 11.10 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: **NEW** STRINGFELLOW PARK & RIDE TO DC SLUG LINE
Posted By: ikonow
Subject: **NEW** STRINGFELLOW PARK & RIDE TO DC SLUG LINE
Date Posted: 14 Jun 2010 at 12:48pm
There is interest in starting a new SLUG-LINE from Stringfellow Park & Ride into DC.

AM Pick-UP Location STRINGFELLOW PARK & RIDE.

Drop - OFF Locations Farragut West Metro & L'Enfant Plaza Metro.
Some intrest has been shown in stopping @ Metro Center & Rosslyn.
More can be added as we go along.

**IF YOU ARE A DRIVER & NEED A DESTINATION SIGN PLEASE LET ME KNOW!! **

ALSO...if you plan on driving & need a RETURN SLUG LINE SET UP LET ME KNOW!!!

Proposed Start date: June 21, 2010

Best Pick-Up times between 7:00 - 7:45.

For information or if you have questions please e-mail me @ irenekonow@cox.net

Thanks!!

Irene Konow

Irene Konow

Replies:
Posted By: SK13529
Date Posted: 14 Nov 2017 at 6:07pm
This seems to be a very old port from 2010 but did Stringfellow Park & Ride to L'Enfant Plaza slug line every started? I am very much interested as I drive to DC everyday. Also, it is much more important now as I 66 Express lane will be starting soon with toll.

I start from Stringfellow around 8:30 AM and leave L'Enfant by 5:30 PM or so to come back.

Actually this would be a very good spot where HOV entrance and exit is just next to the Stringfellow Park & Ride.

If there is no slug line exists I am very much interested to start one. Please reply.

Thanks

-------------
SK

Posted By: Tle
Date Posted: 15 Nov 2017 at 2:03pm
I'm interested and I'm in Centreville as well.

Posted By: lindah
Date Posted: 15 Nov 2017 at 4:13pm
Hello! I have also been hoping for a slug line from Stringfellow Rd to ride as a passenger. I work in the Navy Yard in D.C. and ride the metro from Vienna, but I would love to coordinate a carpool to L'Enfant. Please feel free to reach out via email to mailto:lindahexter@gmail.com" rel="nofollow - lindahexter@gmail.com

Thanks!

Linda

-------------
LH

Posted By: SK13529
Date Posted: 17 Nov 2017 at 5:30pm
I live in Faircrest and I may start from Stringfellow around 8:30 AM. So, depending on when I reach my office I may go back around 6:00 PM or so.

I66 will be HOV/Express lane from December 5:30-9:30 AM and 3:00 PM - 7:00 PM.  I think it will help HOV lane to move fast and from Stringfellow to L'enFant should take 45 min - 1 hr.

Please let me know if that works for you.

Thanks

-------------
SK

Posted By: dcastor
Date Posted: 21 Nov 2017 at 1:41pm
Also interested...I'm in Centreville, going to the Pentagon, but I would need to leave earlier than 8:00, probably closer to 7:00.

Dave

Posted By: jmorice1974
Date Posted: 04 Dec 2017 at 3:51pm
I drive in around 7 AM and go in to 15 & M. I leave around 4 PM. Would love to find a carpool person.

-------------
Joseph Morice

Posted By: 6020acs
Date Posted: 11 Dec 2017 at 9:52am
I work at 16th and M and my hours are 6:30-3:30  I could make adjustments on Tuesdays Thursdays and Fridays to that schedule.  Let me know if you may be interested in carpooling.  I live in Centreville but could stop Stringfellow park and ride.

-------------
Joanna Brosnan

Posted By: rbhoward
Date Posted: 27 Dec 2017 at 8:51pm
I go to Navy Yard but I could drop off at the Pentagon. Drop me am email if your still interested.

ys4wde602@sneakemail.com

Date Posted: 27 Dec 2017 at 8:58pm
I could take you from Stringfellow P&R to Navy Yard. Email me if your interested. I also leave Navy Yard around 315-320pm to come home.

ys4wde602@sneakemail.com

Posted By: ben
Date Posted: 08 Jan 2018 at 9:51am
Are there efforts to LIVE this slugline? 
My DC destination is near Smithsonian Metro or Len'Fant Metro. My Morning Start is about 6:30-7AM and Evening is about 4 to 4:30PM

Date Posted: 17 Jan 2018 at 11:16am
There are quite a few drivers and wouldbe sluggers expressing interests in starting up this slugline.
We already have Stringfellow as the morning slugging location. We need to decide the afternoon slugging location to make this slugline work!
Please contribute your thoughts. 

Posted By: cory
Date Posted: 24 Jan 2018 at 10:17am
I commute from Stringfellow to L'Enfant and back every day.  It seems like there is a lot of interest in going to L'Enfant.  Should we designate L'Enfant as an afternoon pickup spot?

Posted By: SueK
Date Posted: 25 Jan 2018 at 5:28pm
I look forward to picking up slugs at Stringfellow Park and ride. Are there times for the morning designated?

I depart from M street near the waterfront metro.

Times are early in the morning.
Depart before or at 0600.
Return around 4-5 pm?
The tolls aren’t so bad in the morning but they are killers in the afternoon. Looking forward to picking up slugs!!!

-------------
Sue K

Date Posted: 26 Jan 2018 at 8:20am
Jan 26, 2018.
I could pick you up at L'Enfant and bring you to Centreville today if you need a ride. I will be leaving the Navy Yard around 3:20pm

ys4wde602@sneakemail.com
703-592-6538

Posted By: SueK
Date Posted: 26 Jan 2018 at 1:12pm
I will be a driver... not slug.

-------------
Sue K

Posted By: chrisdee
Date Posted: 31 Jan 2018 at 10:59pm
Hi, I'm looking to slug along this line starting Monday (Feb. 5). What's your commute time? 

Date Posted: 21 Feb 2018 at 12:46pm
Please vote to set up the afternoon slug pickup at L'efant all the way back to stringfellow ParkNRide.

Posted By: cory
Date Posted: 21 Feb 2018 at 4:49pm
How do we go about doing that?

Date Posted: 22 Feb 2018 at 4:01pm
I guest what we can do is to reply to this forum, stating that you like to drive/ride from Stringfellow Park and Ride to L'efant in the morning and then back in the afternoon from L'eFant to Stringfellow park and ride. If we have enough response, then we can setup a date to try it out. 

Posted By: Jessa
Date Posted: 27 Apr 2018 at 10:48pm
Anyone looking for a ride to the Navy Yard from Stringfellow Rd PR? I usually leave 6-615am in the morning from Centreville and leave the Navy Yard at 320pm. If you’re interested drop me a line.

Jessa
Jessa.diaz@gmail.com

Posted By: scheungjones
Date Posted: 22 May 2018 at 10:08am
Hi Jessa!  Are you still doing the slug from Stringfellow to Navy Yard?  Thanks!

-------------
Susan Jones

Date Posted: 22 May 2018 at 11:04am
Yeah, actually the person I was taking to the Navy Yard just got a new job so I am looking for someone. Can you email me your contact info at Jessa.diaz@gmail.com

Posted By: Geetha
Date Posted: 03 Feb 2020 at 2:39pm
Hi I am looking forward to slug from Stringfellow P&R to Lefant
Please let me know if you are available

Posted By: Geetha
Date Posted: 03 Feb 2020 at 2:41pm
Hi I am looking forward to slug from Stringfellow P&R to Lefant
Please let me know if you

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.10 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2017 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net