Print Page | Close Window

You couldnt get gas BEFORE ?!

Printed From: Slug-Lines.com
Category: General Slugging Questions and Comments
Forum Name: General Slugging Topics
Forum Description: This is the area for all general slugging comments. To add a comment simply create a new topic or see FAQ for detailed information on how to post comments.
URL: http://www.slug-lines.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=4757
Printed Date: 28 Apr 2024 at 9:43am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 11.10 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: You couldnt get gas BEFORE ?!
Posted By: getmehome pweeze
Subject: You couldnt get gas BEFORE ?!
Date Posted: 28 Jul 2010 at 1:25pm
I really, really, find it rude when drivers pick up slugs, then decide to detour to the gas station, without a word...Really?

Replies:
Posted By: missystems
Date Posted: 30 Jul 2010 at 8:59am
Happened to me, this week. It is quite annoying. I would much rather be told and decide if I want to wait. And to boot, this individual also went in to get coffee.

Posted By: colossus911
Date Posted: 02 Aug 2010 at 2:34pm
I will confess, I forgot to get gas once before picking up slugs.

Honestly didn't know where my brain was that morning, but I apologized, stopped, put in 3 gallons (to get me to and from work) and was on my way.

Coudl not imagine a driver going in for coffee with slugs in the car that just is remarkable rudeness from the driver.

Posted By: VA_Slugger
Date Posted: 03 Aug 2010 at 9:53am
Really now? I'd rather they stop to get gas than to stop because they ran out of gas. A minor inconvenience to ensure you get to your destination. Come on folks![:I]

Posted By: usedcarsalesman
Date Posted: 04 Aug 2010 at 12:47pm
Really now? I'd rather they stop to get gas BEFORE they pick me up!

Date Posted: 10 Aug 2010 at 3:48pm
I'd rather the driver had the courtesy to say- at any point- before, or when we all got in- "I need to stop for gas"..

Posted By: LedFooT
Date Posted: 14 Aug 2010 at 5:09pm
Have we lost sight of the fact that while drivers benefit from slugging, they do still stop VOLUNTARILY. If you only want drivers that act more like chauffeurs that you can dismiss at your leisure, or expect them to adhere to some standard you as passengers have decided on, I pray tell you'd have about three cars in line each morning. Take the good with the bad, people! In my decade of using this system (both ways), I have never heard of one fatality or serious issue. Perhaps "we" have become a little spoiled?

Posted By: Our Mom Spot
Date Posted: 16 Aug 2010 at 2:45pm
As a female travelling alone, I would be extremely nervous & possibly frightened if I got into someone's car and they departed from the EXPECTED and AGREED UPON route.

This behavior - especially without an explanation is a no-no.

----------
Are you a mom?
Visit www.OurMomSpot.net ... a safe place for moms to have fun, LOL, & connect with other moms!

Posted By: siggy14
Date Posted: 19 Aug 2010 at 10:08am
That is not asking a driver to be a chauffeur, with slugging it is agreed that both parties are being helped, i help them by getting them in the HOV lane and they help me by getting me to work or home.

With that being said when I step in a car that is going to Potomac mills both the driver and myself are agreeing on the known slug route, I sure as heck wouldnt ask the drive to bring me to a gas station so I can get a drink, just like a driver shouldnt bring me to a gas station to get a gas.

I had my first wonderful experience with a driver who's gas got low, instead of going to potomac mills she decided to goto horner exit and take the back way on PW Parkway so she can stop and get gas. However the lady wasted more gas sitting at traffic lights and getting to that gas station then she would have if she just went up the road and stopped at potomac mills. Of course she also did not tell us till she started exiting at Horner what was going on.

I would have had no problem if she would have told me before i got in the van so I could have made a choice.

quote:
Originally posted by LedFooT

Have we lost sight of the fact that while drivers benefit from slugging, they do still stop VOLUNTARILY. If you only want drivers that act more like chauffeurs that you can dismiss at your leisure, or expect them to adhere to some standard you as passengers have decided on, I pray tell you'd have about three cars in line each morning. Take the good with the bad, people! In my decade of using this system (both ways), I have never heard of one fatality or serious issue. Perhaps "we" have become a little spoiled?

Posted By: trapps
Date Posted: 19 Aug 2010 at 12:29pm
Wow are we a little spoiled? Not as if the driver are being paid. I drive everyday and I have also had a brain fart and had to get gas before hitting the highway. I told my riders i hope you guys don't mind me getting gas and also offered to let them go in and get a drink or something when i stopped. Not much of an inconvience for people that are helping each other get to work faster and not costing you anything.

750LI

Posted By: BurkeSlugin
Date Posted: 20 Aug 2010 at 10:23pm
As a driver it is clearly your responsibility to arrive at the lot with plenty of gas in the car. If you can't accept the responsibility maybe you should consider becoming a slug.

Date Posted: 24 Aug 2010 at 10:46am
Just as a follow up- I drove today..got in the car, straightened up after my toddlers "things", then checked my gas gauge. GASP! I needed gas...SO...I went to the Wawa BEFORE I PICKED UP A SLUG. To be courteous. Hmm..

This is a shared system folks. Most of us were raised with manners, it's time to start using them.

XOXO- sluggin' girl

Posted By: Pentagon1
Date Posted: 24 Aug 2010 at 7:58pm
Drivers: Would you be ok if a slug got in your car then asked you to stop at the store?

And slugs would probably be ok with the driver stopping depending on how they handled it. i.e. "Sorry gang I screwed up. Will only take a second." Then put 3 gals in quickly as someone mentioned.

Just treat others as you would want to be treated. On both sides.

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.10 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2017 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net