Print Page | Close Window

Change in Pentagon Pick-up Spots

Printed From: Slug-Lines.com
Category: General Slugging Questions and Comments
Forum Name: Afternoon Slug Lines
Forum Description: Enter comments on slug lines leaving the city in the afternoon here.
URL: http://www.slug-lines.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=4785
Printed Date: 27 Apr 2024 at 1:51pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 11.10 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Change in Pentagon Pick-up Spots
Posted By: smithma
Subject: Change in Pentagon Pick-up Spots
Date Posted: 16 Aug 2010 at 6:51pm
Does anyone know who or why the signs were moved at the Pentagon pick-up for Springfield, Lorton, Horner Rd?

It seemed like it was causing mass confusion this afternoon. I didn't notice a change until I pulled up at the normal Springfield pick-up where there riders waiting. When I pulled away I noticed the sign now said Lorton/Tacketts Mill. I was there fairly earlier so I suspect it got worse later.

Replies:
Posted By: carsmusthaveAC
Date Posted: 16 Aug 2010 at 8:55pm
This afternoon was a nightmare, I dont know who did that. There was nothing out there telling us that it changed and it was complete chaos.

Posted By: sydslugger269
Date Posted: 16 Aug 2010 at 9:51pm
Absolute nightmare today. Flimsy little signs (papers) saying "proposed" changes... If it is proposed then who decides if they become permanent? What is the criteria?

Posted By: Spectrepilot
Date Posted: 17 Aug 2010 at 7:57am
Absolutely ridiculous!

It seems it was done was zero thought process. Aside from telling people BEFORE, I don't think they even considered how this would affect flow through the South C parking lot. Sydenystryker/Rolling Valley are high volume lots, as a result, large number of cars line up to pickup SLUGS. What they have done is pushed this line of cars back into the other lines. There were cars three lanes across yesterday trying to pickup people and it is a miracle someone did not get run over.

Who did this?

Posted By: Bodybykids
Date Posted: 17 Aug 2010 at 11:18am
I believe what the intent was to move the lines that had a larger volume of cars back so that the waiting cars would not block the other two lanes. However, no one knew what the proposed changes were going to be, thus, the ensuing chaos yesterday. Hopefully by week's end everyone will be aware of the change and things will start to move smoothly again. I also think this change would be implemented by whatever entity controls parking/traffic at the Pentagon.

Slugs Unite!

Date Posted: 17 Aug 2010 at 12:05pm
quote:
Originally posted by Bodybykids

I believe what the intent was to move the lines that had a larger volume of cars back so that the waiting cars would not block the other two lanes. However, no one knew what the proposed changes were going to be, thus, the ensuing chaos yesterday. Hopefully by week's end everyone will be aware of the change and things will start to move smoothly again. I also think this change would be implemented by whatever entity controls parking/traffic at the Pentagon.

Slugs Unite!

If that was the "intent", it was a miserable fail, not only because they did not tell anyone, but because they pushed the high volume position to the middle.

A call to the Pentagon parking Management office yeilded a "we don't manage that program" response.

Posted By: Tiger1
Date Posted: 17 Aug 2010 at 12:47pm
It was very confusing last night and frustrating. The Pentagon Building Management manages the locations of the SLUG lines, or so I'm told. I called their office to complain and they said I needed to talk to Mr Bob Candido who was not available. I sent him an email stating all the problems we experienced and asked him to call me back. Their number if anyone is interested is 703-697-7351.

Date Posted: 17 Aug 2010 at 12:52pm
robert.candido@whs.mil

Date Posted: 17 Aug 2010 at 1:50pm
I agree with they don't manage the "Slug Program" but they do manage the parking lot, signage, traffic flow, etc. I would go with the flow for this week and if it doesn't improve, start calling and emailing.

Slugs Unite!

Posted By: dejesussluglines
Date Posted: 17 Aug 2010 at 2:47pm
quote:
Originally posted by Spectrepilot

robert.candido@whs.mil

Brilliant, they need feedback! Too many people stranded last night

Posted By: Rich White
Date Posted: 17 Aug 2010 at 3:35pm
I don't know either event the Patrol Officer pointed me in the wrong direction. I really wish someone would tell us as to why we need another challenge to get out of an already upserd traffic situation? At first I thought it was a prank does any one know it it is intended to stay this way? Thanks and Happy Commuting

Posted By: Admin
Date Posted: 17 Aug 2010 at 3:39pm
According to the Pentagon Building Management Office, they emailed me and stated that: "An unauthorized change happened over the weekend, and we are correcting the issue today.."

I take that to mean that either somebody made the changes without approval and that they are changing the signs back to the way they were.

Now with that said, maybe we "slugs" need to get together and recommend how things should be changes (if any changes are needed at all!)

Date Posted: 17 Aug 2010 at 3:51pm
Mr. XXX,

We apologize for the inconvenience. The changes that were made were not authorized or coordinated as they should be. We have returned the slug line signs back to their original locations.

Thanks.
Robert H. Candido
Assistant Building Manager

Posted By: Tiger1
Date Posted: 17 Aug 2010 at 4:16pm
I just got off the phone with Mr Candido and he didn't authorize the move of the signs yesterday, saying he knows that making a such a change requires proper "socializing" or getting the word out. He directed his staff to go put the signs back the way they were. Hopefully it's fixed before tonight. He apologized and is not sure how it happened.

Posted By: smithma
Date Posted: 17 Aug 2010 at 6:33pm
[:)]Signs were back to there previous locations this evening.

Date Posted: 18 Aug 2010 at 8:16am
Yes, the signs were moved back and created a lot of confusion. Its interesting how those paper signs were up on all the poles for a least a week about proposed changes, the signs were changed and that the parking management was unaware!!!! Business as usual.

Slugs Unite!

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.10 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2017 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net