Print Page | Close Window

Theft of wallet at Tackett's Mill

Printed From: Slug-Lines.com
Category: General Slugging Questions and Comments
Forum Name: General Slugging Topics
Forum Description: This is the area for all general slugging comments. To add a comment simply create a new topic or see FAQ for detailed information on how to post comments.
URL: http://www.slug-lines.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=537
Printed Date: 03 May 2024 at 7:56pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 11.10 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Theft of wallet at Tackett's Mill
Posted By: Admin
Subject: Theft of wallet at Tackett's Mill
Date Posted: 12 Jul 2003 at 6:54am
The following email was sent to me from a fellow driver/slug:

Sluggers beware!!!! Protect your valuables and do not take it for granted that simply because you are giving a person a ride they will not steal from you.

On 20 Jun 03, during my morning pick up from Tackett Mills going to the Rosslyn Metro, I picked up a male and a female. The male sat in the front seat, and the female sat in the back seat. I, being a female, assumed that my purse would be safe in the back seat with the female passenger. Little did I know that upon my arrival at my job I noticed my purse was opened and my wallet was missing. I reported it to the police but it was very little they could do because I didn't know her name only a brief description of her. Not to mention I had to cancel all my credit cards, stop payments on my checking account, and notified all my creditors.

Just a word of advice - keep your valuable up close and personal.

Replies:
Posted By: tlschau
Date Posted: 01 Aug 2003 at 3:08pm
I hate to have to suggest such a thing, but I would go even further than just keeping your valuables up close and personal--I would keep them in the trunk or some other compartment. I very rarely drive so I don't have to worry about it. But if I did drive I would keep my valuables locked up or well hidden just to be safe.

Posted By: tdar20
Date Posted: 13 Aug 2003 at 7:41am
I agree with tlschau. Everything goes in the trunk, that way I dont have to worry about my briefcase or the contents inside of it. Cant trust people these days and one must be careful.

Posted By: torres-ferrera
Date Posted: 18 Aug 2003 at 9:58am
I have also been a victim of this couple (now that I read this message I recalled seeing the same couple and just gave me a bad feeling)!

It happened about a year ago. And yes, I had my belongings on the back seat. You might say that I was naive, but I never thought that someone will have the courage to go into your purse in your presence! They are working together and that explains how well they are stealing from people![}:)]

The case is under police investigation and please be cautious! If I well recall, the couple is an older woman with a young male.

Torali

Posted By: jazzy00
Date Posted: 10 Sep 2003 at 3:37pm
I pick up sluggers and never leave anything personal in the back seat. I keep my purse on the side of me and anything else goes in the truck!

Posted By: MDC
Date Posted: 11 Sep 2003 at 11:18am
quote:
Originally posted by jazzy00
[br]I pick up sluggers and never leave anything personal in the back seat. I keep my purse on the side of me and anything else goes in the truck!

For some reason I imagined you towing a truck behind your car. :D

Posted By: marcelhenryg
Date Posted: 07 Oct 2003 at 10:22am
can you post a description of the couple (white/black) and where they go to/from? i'd like to be on the lookout for them. thanks.

Posted By: emancilla
Date Posted: 07 Oct 2003 at 11:01am
It doesn't necessarily mean that they were partners in crime. Obviously, the woman was the one who stole the wallet not the man.

Posted By: emancilla
Date Posted: 07 Oct 2003 at 11:04am
Opps, I didn't see Torres-Ferrera's post. Well, if she says they work together please give us the description of the couple.

Posted By: marcelhenryg
Date Posted: 07 Oct 2003 at 12:40pm
i was just going by what the post said about them being together; then how about a description of the woman, since she's the one who stole the wallet.

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.10 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2017 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net