Print Page | Close Window

yet another extension

Printed From: Slug-Lines.com
Category: General Slugging Questions and Comments
Forum Name: General Slugging Topics
Forum Description: This is the area for all general slugging comments. To add a comment simply create a new topic or see FAQ for detailed information on how to post comments.
URL: http://www.slug-lines.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=5374
Printed Date: 28 Apr 2024 at 4:41pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 11.10 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: yet another extension
Posted By: billybaru
Subject: yet another extension
Date Posted: 28 Feb 2012 at 2:34pm
ugggghh....my elected guy sponsored the extnsion Bill (barker) and voted yes (thanks for nothing)....Watts my delegate voted no (thank you vivian)

I will not be voting for him the next election cycle...

So simple to understand.. 1 HOV-3 vehicle takes two cars off the road. Am I missing something.....oh yeah the $25 the state gets for each clean fuel plate issued.

SB 209 HOV lanes; extends sunset provision on use by vehicles with clean special fuel license plates.
floor: 01/24/12 Senate: Read third time and passed Senate (32-Y 8-N)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

YEAS--Barker, Black, Blevins, Carrico, Colgan, Deeds, Ebbin, Edwards, Favola, Hanger, Herring, Howell, Locke, Lucas, Marsden, Marsh, McDougle, McEachin, McWaters, Miller, J.C., Miller, Y.B., Newman, Norment, Northam, Petersen, Puckett, Puller, Reeves, Stanley, Vogel, Wagner, Watkins--32.

NAYS--Garrett, Martin, Obenshain, Ruff, Saslaw, Smith, Stosch, Stuart--8.

2012 SESSION
SB 209 HOV lanes; extends sunset provision on use by vehicles with clean special fuel license plates.

floor: 02/27/12 House: VOTE: PASSAGE (85-Y 11-N 1-A)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

YEAS--Albo, Alexander, BaCote, Bell, Richard P., Bell, Robert B., Brink, Bulova, Byron, Carr, Cline, Comstock, Cosgrove, Cox, J.A., Cox, M.K., Dance, Edmunds, Englin, Fariss, Farrell, Filler-Corn, Garrett, Greason, Habeeb, Head, Helsel, Herring, Hodges, Hope, Howell, A.T., Hugo, Iaquinto, Ingram, James, Joannou, Johnson, Keam, Knight, LeMunyon, Lewis, Lopez, Loupassi, Marshall, D.W., Marshall, R.G., Massie, May, McClellan, McQuinn, Merricks, Miller, Minchew, Morefield, Morris, Morrissey, O'Bannon, O'Quinn, Orrock, Peace, Plum, Pogge, Poindexter, Purkey, Putney, Ramadan, Ransone, Robinson, Rust, Scott, E.T., Scott, J.M., Sherwood, Sickles, Spruill, Stolle, Tata, Torian, Toscano, Tyler, Villanueva, Ware, O., Ware, R.L., Watts, Wilt, Wright, Yancey, Yost, Mr. Speaker--85.

NAYS--Anderson, Cole, Dudenhefer, Gilbert, Jones, Kilgore, Landes, Lingamfelter, Rush, Ward, Watson--11.

ABSTENTIONS--Surovell--1.

NOT VOTING--Crockett-Stark, Kory, Webert--3.

Delegate Jones was recorded as nay. Intended to vote yea.

Delegate Watts was recorded as yea. Intended to vote nay.

Replies:
Posted By: NoSUV
Date Posted: 28 Feb 2012 at 2:51pm
Wow! An 80% approval!

Whom did you think was out of touch? You or the overwhelming majority?

Posted By: ETC
Date Posted: 28 Feb 2012 at 3:03pm
It's probably just easier to keep the exemption. But wait until HOT lanes are up and running. Now that should be interesting.

Posted By: NoSUV
Date Posted: 28 Feb 2012 at 3:24pm
Interesting is right. It likely will be perceived to be less expensive to pay a toll that what the cost difference was back in the day between a hybrid and a conventional vehicle. HOT spells the end of HOV-3 AND public transportation.

What a mess.

Posted By: RetiredMarine
Date Posted: 29 Feb 2012 at 10:20am
quote:
Originally posted by NoSUV

Interesting is right. It likely will be perceived to be less expensive to pay a toll that what the cost difference was back in the day between a hybrid and a conventional vehicle. HOT spells the end of HOV-3 AND public transportation.

What a mess.

WOW we agree. yes our delegates made a real mess.

Posted By: mdog
Date Posted: 29 Feb 2012 at 10:37am
Sadly, it's a calculated move by politicians: hybrid owners would scream bloody murder and no one in the media would argue with them; and the regular voters hardly change their stance over such minor (to them) thing.

Posted By: Jody
Date Posted: 29 Feb 2012 at 11:06am
I'm betting when the HOT lanes start on 95, the hybrids will lose their exemption (statement made by my delegate). Every SOV that is not a hybrid will be asking their representatives to justify why they have to pay a toll but clean fuel tags (also SOVs) don't. Toll roads are not about the type of car you drive; they are just about cutting down on cummuting time.

Posted By: sluDgE
Date Posted: 29 Feb 2012 at 12:45pm
And this Dec 2011 Press Release reports the construction of the I-95 HOT lanes could begin in the next two or three months.

http://www.governor.virginia.gov/news/viewRelease.cfm?id=1032&printpage=Yes

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.10 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2017 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net