Print Page | Close Window

Crystal City to Rt 17 line

Printed From: Slug-Lines.com
Category: General Slugging Questions and Comments
Forum Name: Afternoon Slug Lines
Forum Description: Enter comments on slug lines leaving the city in the afternoon here.
URL: http://www.slug-lines.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=551
Printed Date: 28 Apr 2024 at 5:36pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 11.10 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Crystal City to Rt 17 line
Posted By: stoverd4
Subject: Crystal City to Rt 17 line
Date Posted: 24 Jul 2003 at 8:23am
I would like to start a Crystal City Line to Rt 17. I have gotten a ride every time I have stood out there, would anyone else be interest in this line? I leave around 4-:4:30 everyday.

Dave

Replies:
Posted By: mirangus
Date Posted: 24 Jul 2003 at 9:08am
quote:
Originally posted by stoverd4
[br]I would like to start a Crystal City Line to Rt 17. I have gotten a ride every time I have stood out there, would anyone else be interest in this line? I leave around 4-:4:30 everyday.

Dave

I would love to drum up some Rt. 17 interest in Crystal City!! And I leave around the same time...

Date Posted: 24 Jul 2003 at 9:44am
Well you will have a couple of people with Rt 17 signs looking for rides around 4-4:30. Look out for us.

Posted By: gatewayslug
Date Posted: 24 Jul 2003 at 11:38am
You both failed to mention where you want to start your line. We already have a very active line in Crystal City at the curve where Crystal Drive becomes 12th St. This is the line that started in front of Gateway North, then got moved down the block. From time to time we have drivers come by who are looking for Rt 17 riders. Since drivers are already looking at this established location, if you have trouble catching a ride where you are why don't you come on down and join us? We really are a friendly bunch.

Date Posted: 24 Jul 2003 at 12:31pm
I am sorry about that,I wanted to use the existing line at Crystal Drive and 12th. Before I moved down to Rt 17 I used to slug to 610 so I am very familiar with that line. Please tell everyone about the Rt 17 riders in Crystal City.

David

Date Posted: 25 Jul 2003 at 1:37pm
quote:
[br]I am sorry about that,I wanted to use the existing line at Crystal Drive and 12th. Before I moved down to Rt 17 I used to slug to 610 so I am very familiar with that line. Please tell everyone about the Rt 17 riders in Crystal City.

David

David

Do you have a flyer made up to post at all?? If you do, I would be willing to post it in the elevator lobbies in some surrounding buildings. Let me know.

Date Posted: 28 Jul 2003 at 2:51pm
I will make a sign. How do I get them to you? David

Date Posted: 29 Jul 2003 at 11:14am
quote:
[br]I will make a sign. How do I get them to you? David

Send it to this e-mail:

seilerel@navsea.navy.mil

Looking forward to it!!

Date Posted: 13 Aug 2003 at 7:06pm
I haven't seen anyone sluggin for 17 lately. Is anyone trying anymore or was it pretty much a futile effort?

Date Posted: 23 Sep 2003 at 3:27pm
We are still slugging out of Crystal City. About 6 or 7 people now but we are looking for more drivers. I get a ride every day.

Posted By: philjohnson
Date Posted: 24 Sep 2003 at 2:50pm
I too have been slugging out of Crystal City from the curve in North Crystal Drive for the past 6 weeks. I used to leave 5-5:30, now I am shooting for 4-4:30pm. We need to really get the word out so everyone realizes the time savings by avoiding the Pentagon altogether! I hear they will be relocating the Pentagon slug line to another part of the parking lot.

Philip Johnson

Date Posted: 24 Sep 2003 at 4:29pm
quote:
Originally posted by philjohnson
[br]I too have been slugging out of Crystal City from the curve in North Crystal Drive for the past 6 weeks. I used to leave 5-5:30, now I am shooting for 4-4:30pm. We need to really get the word out so everyone realizes the time savings by avoiding the Pentagon altogether! I hear they will be relocating the Pentagon slug line to another part of the parking lot.

Philip Johnson

I think it's just the Prince William County lines that are affected.

Posted By: philjohnson
Date Posted: 25 Sep 2003 at 7:24am
Thanks for the clarification!

Philip Johnson

Posted By: tdar20
Date Posted: 08 Oct 2003 at 10:01am
I picked up a person behing Crystal Gateway 3 the other day for RT 17! Was great not having to go into the Pentagon mess!

Posted By: ayisha2u
Date Posted: 23 Oct 2003 at 12:26pm
quote:
Originally posted by mirangus
[br]
quote:
Originally posted by philjohnson
[br]I too have been slugging out of Crystal City from the curve in North Crystal Drive for the past 6 weeks. I used to leave 5-5:30, now I am shooting for 4-4:30pm. We need to really get the word out so everyone realizes the time savings by avoiding the Pentagon altogether! I hear they will be relocating the Pentagon slug line to another part of the parking lot.

Philip Johnson

I think it's just the Prince William County lines that are affected.

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.10 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2017 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net