Print Page | Close Window

Recent accidents on 95

Printed From: Slug-Lines.com
Category: Archived Slugging Topics
Forum Name: HOT Lanes Discussion
Forum Description: Post messages regarding High Occupancy Toll (HOT) lanes here.
URL: http://www.slug-lines.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=5578
Printed Date: 24 Nov 2017 at 10:06am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 11.10 - http://www.webwizforums.com


Topic: Recent accidents on 95
Posted By: scottt
Subject: Recent accidents on 95
Date Posted: 01 May 2013 at 9:25am
Ok, for the last two days there have been accidents that have closed all I-95 north bound lanes. They opened the HOV lanes for people to use.

Is it in the contract that VDOT, State Police, etc can do the same once the HOT lanes are in, or do the I-95 commuters just shut off their engines and start walking?



Replies:
Posted By: ETC
Date Posted: 01 May 2013 at 9:56am
Yes. Section 5.05

http://www.vamegaprojects.com/tasks/sites/default/assets/File/pdf/95HOVHOT/Comprehensive_agreement/CA_82012/0_-_Comprehensive_Agreement.pdf


Posted By: NO44
Date Posted: 01 May 2013 at 12:19pm
quote:
Originally posted by scottt

Ok, for the last two days there have been accidents that have closed all I-95 north bound lanes. They opened the HOV lanes for people to use.

Is it in the contract that VDOT, State Police, etc can do the same once the HOT lanes are in, or do the I-95 commuters just shut off their engines and start walking?



They didn't open HOV yesterday, I had to wait until 9 to jump on.

Nic


Posted By: RetiredMarine
Date Posted: 02 May 2013 at 7:18am
The way it was explained at one of the meetings was once the lanes are turned into HOT lanes they will no longer be allowed to be open to all for accident relief.

All of that was in early meetings so things may have changed.


Posted By: scottt
Date Posted: 02 May 2013 at 8:49am
quote:
Originally posted by ETC

Yes. Section 5.05

http://www.vamegaprojects.com/tasks/sites/default/assets/File/pdf/95HOVHOT/Comprehensive_agreement/CA_82012/0_-_Comprehensive_Agreement.pdf



That section has to do with evacuations, not getting around a traffic accident.


Posted By: scottt
Date Posted: 02 May 2013 at 8:50am
quote:
Originally posted by NO44

quote:
Originally posted by scottt

Ok, for the last two days there have been accidents that have closed all I-95 north bound lanes. They opened the HOV lanes for people to use.

Is it in the contract that VDOT, State Police, etc can do the same once the HOT lanes are in, or do the I-95 commuters just shut off their engines and start walking?



They didn't open HOV yesterday, I had to wait until 9 to jump on.

Nic



My bad Nic, I thought I heard that they had opened them up. Thanks for the info.


Posted By: ETC
Date Posted: 02 May 2013 at 11:30am
Section 5.05(a) = Emergency Evacuation Route
Section 5.05(b) = Temporary closure due to:
(i) an emergency declared pursuant to Law by the Department or any other Governmental Authority; or
(ii) a significant incident involving one or more casualties requiring hospitalization or treatment by a medical professional or a fatality on the affected State Highway or GP Lanes from which such traffic is diverted.

DOT and HOT companies have to consult and agree to opening and suspension of tolls. In emergency situation, at least DOT won't be responsible for reimbursing HOT companies for loss of revenue.


Posted By: NO44
Date Posted: 02 May 2013 at 1:01pm

My bad Nic, I thought I heard that they had opened them up. Thanks for the info.

No worries Scottt... I have had the worst commute week this week [V]
I can't win whether I drive, slug or take the train this week lol

Nic


Posted By: scottt
Date Posted: 03 May 2013 at 8:13am
quote:
Originally posted by ETC

Section 5.05(a) = Emergency Evacuation Route
Section 5.05(b) = Temporary closure due to:
(i) an emergency declared pursuant to Law by the Department or any other Governmental Authority; or
(ii) a significant incident involving one or more casualties requiring hospitalization or treatment by a medical professional or a fatality on the affected State Highway or GP Lanes from which such traffic is diverted.

DOT and HOT companies have to consult and agree to opening and suspension of tolls. In emergency situation, at least DOT won't be responsible for reimbursing HOT companies for loss of revenue.



Thank you for the correction. A & B ran together (in my brain) when I read it the first time.


Posted By: ETC
Date Posted: 03 May 2013 at 8:50am
Lawyer-ese is hard to decipher.


Posted By: fifa15shop
Date Posted: 26 Sep 2014 at 2:02am
Inafune's total job interview with NowGamer may be go through here.Rate Really, a FuturLab's remake in the PlayStation Tiny

shooter Speed, will be introduced Come early july 2 with regard to PlayStation Vita, the actual developer's managing director James Marsden declared nowadays for the Dsi Blog

site.


http://www.rsgoldfast.com/



Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.10 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2017 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net