Print Page | Close Window

Unbelievable

Printed From: Slug-Lines.com
Category: General Slugging Questions and Comments
Forum Name: General Slugging Topics
Forum Description: This is the area for all general slugging comments. To add a comment simply create a new topic or see FAQ for detailed information on how to post comments.
URL: http://www.slug-lines.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=564
Printed Date: 10 May 2024 at 10:19am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 11.10 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Unbelievable
Posted By: CBlue
Subject: Unbelievable
Date Posted: 01 Aug 2003 at 9:59am
I'm pretty new to slugging, having done it for a little under a week, but I had to tell people what happened yesterday evening.

I was waiting at the Fredericksburg/Rt. 3 line at the Pentagon and a very nice woman who already had one passenger, her child, offered to take 3. Me, another woman, and a man got in. From the driver's comments, I ascertained that she had picked up the other woman and man before. Anyway, we were driving down 95 when the van we were riding in stalled. The man immediately asked the woman he was sitting next to to get out because he wanted to get out. I thought he was going to look under the hood and see what was happening. I was totally shocked when he waved down another car, got in, and left! I consider myself somewhat of a feminist. It's not that I think he should have stayed with the poor, defenseless females, but common decency would dictate that he should have remained with the driver until help had come. But no, he was outta there as fast as he could be. I know the lure of slugging to some is the anonimity of the process. You don't have to talk or get involved with anyone in the car, but I do believe you owe the person who gave you the ride the respect of remaining with them until everybody is okay. Am I wrong?

We did manage to get home. The driver's husband rescued us and everything ended fine. My thanks to the school teacher from Spotsy County, her "slugbuddy," and her daughter for a lesson in making the best of a bad situation. They were great to talk with. Also thanks to the school teacher's husband.

Replies:
Posted By: tlschau
Date Posted: 01 Aug 2003 at 11:30am
The guy that bailed didn't even try to help with or look at the car? So much for common decency. Not that a woman couldn't fix a car, but come on what ever happened to just helping our fellow human beings out a little. At the very least he should have asked if there was anything he could do before he left, especially since a child was involved.

Don't let this experience deter you from slugging. I have been slugging for almost 6 years now and have not had any bad experiences (although I have had a few memorable ones). Hang in there.

Posted By: VA_Slugger
Date Posted: 01 Aug 2003 at 12:23pm
[:0] You have got to be kidding. O.k., let me get this right, when you say "...waved down another car, got in, and left!", he didn't even check to see if he could do anything? Even with the baby being there? Not good. If so, I hope I don't end up with him or someone else like him when I'm in need of assistance. Glad to hear all turned out well for you and the driver! And like tlschau says, don't let this turn you off the the process. I too only started slugging a short while ago, and found it a very economical and friendly way to get to and fro. [;)]

Date Posted: 01 Aug 2003 at 3:41pm
No, he never tried to look at the car -- just asked the lady in back to move so he could get out. He never looked back. I was so amazed. Don't worry, that was last night and I was back on the slug line this morning in Fredericksburg. Oh and just so you know, the little girl wasn't a baby. She was 12. Somehow I don't think it would have mattered if she had been a baby. This guy was in it for himself. It did turn out to be a pleasant experience. The two other ladies and myself talked about all kinds of things while we waited for rescue. Looks like the only jerk in the car was the one that left.[:)]

Posted By: tdar20
Date Posted: 13 Aug 2003 at 7:38am
OK, what about looking at the other side of the issue? Maybe he had an urgent appointment to get to. Maybe he knew nothing about cars or how they operate?? Before you put him away as a bad person it may be useful to look at the whole picture? Always two sides to every story and this one appears to be a bit one sided.

Date Posted: 13 Aug 2003 at 10:22am
tdar20, you epitomize everything that I said in my message. My point wasn't that he had to fix the car, but to at least consider the well-being of the others he was riding with, especially the child. Being broken down on a highway (where the average speed is probably 75-80 mph) isn't the safest place to be.

It really just boiles down to common decency and respect for others. So who cares why he did what he did. The bottom line was that he put his own well-being above that of even a child. To me, that's just sad.

Posted By: Arbo
Date Posted: 13 Aug 2003 at 11:55am
tlschau - what would you say if one of the women did what the guy did?

Date Posted: 13 Aug 2003 at 12:48pm
Once again you miss his point. What if his child were sick at home and he needed to get there. I had to leave quickly once when my son broke his arm and trust me, leaving a broken down car on 95 would not have been one of my worries! Dont condem a man before you know all the issues, happens way too often in our society these days.

Date Posted: 13 Aug 2003 at 2:16pm
Arbo, I would say the same thing whether it was a man or woman, it doesn't matter. It's all about helping, or at least thinking of others, especially children.

tdar20, I understand your points, but those are very rare occurrences. And I seriously doubt any of them to be the case here. Besides, it wouldn't have taken him any longer to have asked anyone else if they wanted to go with him, even if he were in a hurry to get home. But he didn't. He just asked to get out of the car and left. So your points are well taken, but lacking any of the situations that you mentioned I'm still greatly dismayed by this persons actions.

Date Posted: 14 Aug 2003 at 7:47am
When a person writes something making an assumption about another persons actions I get very uneasy. Must be the Kobie Bryant thing! Innocent until proven guilty. We seem to be jumping to instant conclusions these days. Even if it were not an emergency at home that took this guy away why should this guy be forced to stay? Just taking the devils advocate side of this argument here. VDOT operates a motorist assistance patrol and there are Highway Patrol cars out so what does this guy add to the situation by staying? Maybe he realized that he might get stranded without a ride if he waited and took the first opportunity? Slugging is completely voluntary. Read a few of the previous postings on this site about drivers failing to drop off slugs at their previously agreed spot. Maybe this guy got burned by a previous driver. Who knows. The bottom line here is yes it was poor manners, I agree…..a quick statement about having to go would have covered it. However, we will never know the real reason and the reasons belong to this individual in question and they are his and his only.

Posted By: Racee
Date Posted: 14 Aug 2003 at 1:16pm
I'm a woman and I agree 100% with tdar20. To take it further, I see no point in everyone staying with the car. You all expect way too much from others. This is NOT a matter of "common decency" or "respect." Get real!!! I would not have thought twice about the man's actions. If the car I was driving broke down, I would not expect any of the passengers to wait for me if they could get a ride sooner.

Posted By: Vema
Date Posted: 15 Aug 2003 at 7:52am
Exactly right Racee - and additionally, I appreciate the actions of the man getting his own ride. It relieves the driver from having to worry about getting the slugs to their destination, and in the cases, where the driver isn't thinking about the riders, it is the smart thing to do! Why subject everyone to being stranded, when it is absolutely not necessary?????

Posted By: gsm
Date Posted: 15 Aug 2003 at 7:55am
tdar20, Racee and Vema: Ditto. Totally agree with you.

Posted By: leblanc9425
Date Posted: 15 Aug 2003 at 9:37am
I'm on CBlue's side of this issue. There's probably not much the guy could have done to fix the car and I agree there's not much sense in everyone being stranded just for the fun of it.
However, I think the gentleman should have at least offered to help or stated his intentions rather than leaving without explanation. Sure, he isn't under any obligation to explain, it's just common courtesy. How much effort would it have been for him to say "Can I call a tow truck for you?"

Actions such as this gentleman bother me somewhat. If someone is in trouble or in need of assistance, we should offer assistance. Nobody is really "obligated" to help - it's just the nice thing to do. I wonder how this guy would react if his wife and child were left stranded and nobody offered to help because "they didn't have too"?

Posted By: mirangus
Date Posted: 15 Aug 2003 at 10:12am
Leblanc-gotta side with you on this one. Do unto others as you would have them do unto you. What I know about car mechanics would fit in a thimble, but I would have at least offered my cell phone, or something!!

Date Posted: 18 Aug 2003 at 9:16am
Look, all I'm saying is what leblanc9425 and mirangus said, all he had to do was ask, or at least offer his assistance. I'm not saying that he had to stick around or fix the car or anything. Just a simple "Is there anything I can do?" would have been sufficient. I just can't believe that there are people on this board who are actually supporting his actions (assuming no emergency was involved on his part). I'm not judging the guy, just his self-centered and thoughtless actions.

Posted By: mirangus
Date Posted: 18 Aug 2003 at 11:06am
quote:
Originally posted by tlschau
[br]Look, all I'm saying is what leblanc9425 and mirangus said, all he had to do was ask, or at least offer his assistance. I'm not saying that he had to stick around or fix the car or anything. Just a simple "Is there anything I can do?" would have been sufficient. I just can't believe that there are people on this board who are actually supporting his actions (assuming no emergency was involved on his part). I'm not judging the guy, just his self-centered and thoughtless actions.

tlschau- I agree with you. And I feel that speculating on the reasons that he could have possibly left in a rush is wholly unnecessary, as there is a really good chance that you'll be wrong. "Well, golly, he could've had an alligator eating his french poodle in his back yard and that's why he may have left." Let's face it, the guy was a dead beat slug. He headed for splitsville as soon as the going got tough because he wasn't man enough to tough it out with the ladies. He was selfish. That is human nature..."mankind is basically rotten," so says my eighth grade biology teacher. Let's assume that there was an overgrown lizard chewing up Fifi, a decent person would have said, "Please excuse my hasty departure, but my little Fifi is being eaten by Godzilla"...or something to that effect. The fact that he remained silent in his departure says a million words about why he left. Isn't it ironic, don't you think?

Posted By: starry1
Date Posted: 18 Aug 2003 at 11:54am
This happened to a friend of mine with a similar story. She rides in a vanpool...the same people every day. One day about 2 years ago they arrived at their drop-off and she found she had left her lights on that morning and her battery was dead. She asked a man she rode with EVERY DAY to give her a jump (she even had her own cables). He said "No, I'm late for dinner" and drove off and left her when it was getting dark out. Luckily, a policeman happened to be cruising the lot about then and gave her a jump. She had to restrain her husband from showing up the next morning and knocking that guy's block off.

She still rides with that jerk to this day.

"I started out with nothing and I still have most of it."

Date Posted: 18 Aug 2003 at 3:24pm
Well! I had no idea my venting would start this. I must say that with the passage of time, I have changed my tune a little. Those of you who are saying he may have had his reasons are correct, I admit. I will say that I've ridden with him once since that evening and when we pulled into the commuter lot, he was out like a flash without a thank you. Some of you may think I'm looking for fault with him. Maybe I am, but hey, I didn't have to look very hard! I made it a point to say in my original post that this wasn't a matter of poor defenseless females being abandoned. I just believed the manner in which he left was rude and inconsiderate, no matter what his reason, and, come to think of it, I still do.

Date Posted: 19 Aug 2003 at 6:04pm
Cblue.....I think maybe you expect a little too much out of people after fighting all day in DC. When I was in a carpool, we broke as soon as we hit the lot on 17. No need to chat and give high fives, the day was over and I wanted to return to my home and be with my family. Maybe thats a bit too focused, and I never thought i was rude....just heading away from something I did not enjoy, the commute. After 6 total years of Pentagon duty I became an expert in getting out of the parking lot as quick as I could. I will say this, In the past I stopped to change a tire for a young lady who during the whole process never said a word. Left me standing there with a filthy uniform and sped off after I was finished without a thank you. So I do know how you feel about it.

Posted By: krr
Date Posted: 20 Aug 2003 at 12:33pm
I disagree and am with tdar20 on this. Your definition of common courtesy must be mighty wide!!!

quote:
Originally posted by leblanc9425
[br]I'm on CBlue's side of this issue. There's probably not much the guy could have done to fix the car and I agree there's not much sense in everyone being stranded just for the fun of it.
However, I think the gentleman should have at least offered to help or stated his intentions rather than leaving without explanation. Sure, he isn't under any obligation to explain, it's just common courtesy. How much effort would it have been for him to say "Can I call a tow truck for you?"

Actions such as this gentleman bother me somewhat. If someone is in trouble or in need of assistance, we should offer assistance. Nobody is really "obligated" to help - it's just the nice thing to do. I wonder how this guy would react if his wife and child were left stranded and nobody offered to help because "they didn't have too"?

Posted By: Jah
Date Posted: 20 Aug 2003 at 12:37pm
Slugging is not for everyone. If you are going to be upset with fellow sluggers because of something like this, slugging is not for you! As someone said earlier in this post, "Get real."

quote:
Originally posted by CBlue
[br]Well! I had no idea my venting would start this. I must say that with the passage of time, I have changed my tune a little. Those of you who are saying he may have had his reasons are correct, I admit. I will say that I've ridden with him once since that evening and when we pulled into the commuter lot, he was out like a flash without a thank you. Some of you may think I'm looking for fault with him. Maybe I am, but hey, I didn't have to look very hard! I made it a point to say in my original post that this wasn't a matter of poor defenseless females being abandoned. I just believed the manner in which he left was rude and inconsiderate, no matter what his reason, and, come to think of it, I still do.

Posted By: Rus
Date Posted: 20 Aug 2003 at 12:47pm
Maybe HE is thinking, "Why didn't the driver thank ME?" Point is, this is sooooo minor. I find your judging and re-judging of this guy disgusting. Who are YOU to propose that you know the proper way for others to act. Try relaxing and not expecting out of others what you THINK is the correct way for others to behave. You don't set life rules and interpretations Good grief!!!

quote:
Originally posted by CBlue
[br]Well! I had no idea my venting would start this. I must say that with the passage of time, I have changed my tune a little. Those of you who are saying he may have had his reasons are correct, I admit. I will say that I've ridden with him once since that evening and when we pulled into the commuter lot, he was out like a flash without a thank you. Some of you may think I'm looking for fault with him. Maybe I am, but hey, I didn't have to look very hard! I made it a point to say in my original post that this wasn't a matter of poor defenseless females being abandoned. I just believed the manner in which he left was rude and inconsiderate, no matter what his reason, and, come to think of it, I still do.

Date Posted: 20 Aug 2003 at 1:44pm
I have noticed that 99% of the drivers DO NOT thank the slugs for riding with them (I've been slugging for almost 3 years, and I can count the numbers of drivers who thanked me on one hand). After all, all we slugs do is allow the drivers to get into the HOV lanes without the threat of a ticket/fine and get to work a lot quicker (and with a lot less hassle, usually).

Posted By: JiggaJynx
Date Posted: 20 Aug 2003 at 1:45pm
quote:
Originally posted by Rus
[br]Maybe HE is thinking, "Why didn't the driver thank ME?" Point is, this is sooooo minor. I find your judging and re-judging of this guy disgusting. Who are YOU to propose that you know the proper way for others to act. Try relaxing and not expecting out of others what you THINK is the correct way for others to behave. You don't set life rules and interpretations Good grief!!!

Wow, I had no idea so many people had been brought up lacking the ability to be courteous. Is this a gender difference? A generational thing? A few weeks ago, the oil light came on in the car I was riding in, just about two blocks from the Rosslyn Metro. The driver, in spite of his worries about his car, asked kindly if we would mind getting out there. Both of us riders offered to call someone for him, but he declined the offer. It took so little effort to be kind all around.

Date Posted: 20 Aug 2003 at 1:48pm
"Is this a gender difference? A generational thing?" Gender difference? Deffinitely NOT. Generational difference? I don't think so, but maybe a LITTLE (very little).

Posted By: NoNo
Date Posted: 21 Aug 2003 at 12:03pm
I thank everyone that drives me, morning and afternoon. Its the way I was brought up, and it never occured to ask who is providing whom with the courtesy. Someone gave me a ride, I say thank you.

Posted By: Tilmer
Date Posted: 21 Aug 2003 at 12:14pm
NoNo: With regards to giving a "thank you": You're a courteous person which is definitely a plus. I believe the point of the others is that we cannot (and have no right to) control whether others meet our definition of courteous. We'll drive ourselves crazy, otherwise. Much more humane and decent to chill out and not expect others to behave the way we do or think we should.

Posted By: NoNo
Date Posted: 22 Aug 2003 at 10:53am
That's true. I have had other male riders leave me alone at the line, jump in front of me to get into the same car, etc. All I can do is control my reaction to the situation. Doesn't make me like what this person did, but at least other people were there to show that not all people are discourteous.

Posted By: Mit
Date Posted: 28 Aug 2003 at 12:36pm
Tilmer and NoNo: You all are right and it makes me think that in recent years, I am actually a bit surprised when someone shows courtesy when it should be the other way around. We should be surprised when someone is rude, but it has become so commonplace. The other day a man held out his hand to help me out of an SUV, and I had to contain myself from kissing him right on the lips!!! I was so impressed with this guy for that one simple act. I'm with you all on the chilling out -- not accepting -- but chilling out.

Posted By: suchaladie
Date Posted: 26 Sep 2003 at 12:39pm
I have slugged a few times in my life I now drive my self and I must say after hearing what every one has had to say about courtesy and manners. I'm sorry that some people feel that we should just except that people don’t all ways do the right thing or behave in the right manner.[V] I could and would expect that from a person who may have been educated in another country or have a different back ground but as my daughter once said to me as we watched grown adults cut in line at an exit.[:(] She said mommy did these people not go to school? I said why you ask me that honey she said they could not have gone to school because in school they teach us to wait our turn in line and not to cut in -front of other people. Did they not teach that to them? What was I to answer[?] That grown adult don't have to follow the very rules that we teach our children. So I say to you what I said to her, don't you have that one person in class that does not follow the rules? She said yes.... I said that is the same child that grows up and still never follows the rules.[:0] Then my daughter said do the continue to get in trouble and my answer to her was yes they do[:)] until other people start making excuse then that lets them off the hook.[:(]

Posted By: Maylo
Date Posted: 26 Sep 2003 at 12:47pm
I believe you missed the point. As an adult in many situations, such as the slugging system, you CANNOT control the behavior of others. The point is that anger will only hurt you. When you are an adult, what is it that you propose to do? Tell people there will be no recess if they don't act the way YOU want them to?

quote:
Originally posted by suchaladie
[br]I have slugged a few times in my life I now drive my self and I must say after hearing what every one has had to say about courtesy and managers. I'm sorry that some people feel that we should just except that people don’t all ways do the right thing or behave in the right manner. I could and would expect that from a person who may have been educated in another country or have a different back ground but as my daughter once said to me as we watched grown adults cut in line at an exit. She said mommy did these people not go to school? I said why you ask me that honey she said they could not have gone to school because in school they teach us to wait our turn in line and not to cut in -front of other people. Did they not teach that to them what was I to answer that grown adult don't have to follow the very rules that we teach our children. So I say to you what I said to her, don't you have that one person in class that does not follow the rules. She said yes.... I said that is the same child that grows up and still never follows the rules. Then my daughter said do the continue to get in trouble and my answer to her was yes they do until other people start making excuse then that lets them off the hook.

Date Posted: 26 Sep 2003 at 1:09pm
No I’m just saying that as people do things and other people say that it’s ok. If we do that then what type of example are we setting for our children? Etiquette is something you teach. In this case you don’t say if you don’t have manners then no recess, you just simple call it what it is poor manners and not make excuses for it. Period!

Posted By: gsm
Date Posted: 26 Sep 2003 at 1:41pm
With respect, you are still missing the point, but no matter.

quote:
[br]No I’m just saying that as people do things and other people say that it’s ok. If we do that then what type of example are we setting for our children? Etiquette is something you teach. In this case you don’t say if you don’t have manners then no recess, you just simple call it what it is poor manners and not make excuses for it. Period!

Posted By: Kelsey
Date Posted: 26 Sep 2003 at 1:47pm
How does this relate to the context of this string? I also believe you missed the point. Nothing you said is wrong. It is just not germaine to the context of the discussion. Perhaps you can find another website to address your matter.

quote:
[br]I have slugged a few times in my life I now drive my self and I must say after hearing what every one has had to say about courtesy and manners. I'm sorry that some people feel that we should just except that people don’t all ways do the right thing or behave in the right manner.[V] I could and would expect that from a person who may have been educated in another country or have a different back ground but as my daughter once said to me as we watched grown adults cut in line at an exit.[:(] She said mommy did these people not go to school? I said why you ask me that honey she said they could not have gone to school because in school they teach us to wait our turn in line and not to cut in -front of other people. Did they not teach that to them? What was I to answer[?] That grown adult don't have to follow the very rules that we teach our children. So I say to you what I said to her, don't you have that one person in class that does not follow the rules? She said yes.... I said that is the same child that grows up and still never follows the rules.[:0] Then my daughter said do the continue to get in trouble and my answer to her was yes they do[:)] until other people start making excuse then that lets them off the hook.[:(]

Date Posted: 26 Sep 2003 at 2:29pm
Simple put after reading all the comments I made my own! What I read is that a person had an experience resulting for poor manners. After reading the excuses made for the behavior of this individual I simple gave my opinion and my point of view.

Date Posted: 29 Sep 2003 at 8:45am
SUCHALADIE: I go back to my origional point that saying this is a case of bad manners may be true, however you can condem the person until you know why he left when he did. Many points were brought out by other peopel saying they would not have stayed also.

Posted By: mroyal
Date Posted: 29 Sep 2003 at 10:55am
Perhaps I can help. Here is a bunch of commas that you may use at no cost. Use them anywhere in a sentence, where a pause helps your expression of ideas. Please let me know if you run out and we will restock.

Kindest Regards,

mroyal

Date Posted: 29 Sep 2003 at 11:14am

quote:
Originally posted by mroyal
[br]Perhaps I can help. Here is a bunch of commas that you may use at no cost. Use them anywhere in a sentence, where a pause helps your expression of ideas. Please let me know if you run out and we will restock.

Kindest Regards,

mroyal

Real mature! But you may want to trade in some of those extra commas you have for some politeness and class because it sounds like you could use some.

Posted By: mroyal
Date Posted: 29 Sep 2003 at 12:20pm
quote:
Originally posted by tlschau
[br]

quote:
Originally posted by mroyal
[br]Perhaps I can help. Here is a bunch of commas that you may use at no cost. Use them anywhere in a sentence, where a pause helps your expression of ideas. Please let me know if you run out and we will restock.

Kindest Regards,

mroyal

Real mature! But you may want to trade in some of those extra commas you have for some politeness and class because it sounds like you could use some.

If you are correct, I'm afraid I'll have to obtain them from some other source.

Kindest Regards,

mroyal

Posted By: joyzgirl
Date Posted: 01 Oct 2003 at 12:37pm
Sorry CBlu for not finding the site earlier, but I'm glad now that I found it so I can respond. Enough is enough...let me set the record straight for some of you. I was the "other" person in this van with CBlue and "Mr. Not Helpful". When the woman pulled up to the commuter lot, she "did" state that she was having some difficulty with her van but felt she could make it home. Mr. Not Helpful had his opportunity at that point and time to refuse the ride, but he didn't. The whole ride down HOV, he was squirmish, kept looking over the drivers shoulder and making snide remarks under his breath, which I heard. He made a call from his cell phone and was making derrogatory remarks about the situation. Like I said, he had an opportunity to refuse the ride. And...the point of the matter is that he knew the driver from riding with her "several" times before. The driver knew practically his family history. Anyway, his face turned beet red because of his frustration. To me, he should have never got in the car. Before the van could come to a complete stop he "ordered" me to let him out of the van (I wish I could have let him out around the mixing bowl). And at that point I told him I was HAPPY to let him out. Now, let's get to the "waving" down issue. Not only did he waive someone down, the person he waived down was in some time of "official" police-like vehichle....flashing lights and everything. And NO, that person didn't offer any assistance either. Now let's get to the point...if this person read the "slug etiquettes", you're not suppose to leave the vehicle anyway.....perhaps because you might get hit by speeding cars!!!! You think!!! The actually point of the matter is that this person just didn't care about anyone but himself. I totally understand if he had to get home for WHATEVER reason....he could have just said, "look ladies, I'm sorry I can't help you or stay here with you because I need to get home"....THAT'S what COMMON COURTESY is all about. That's what our parents taught us. So for all of you who think that CBlu is being judgmental, you're wrong or either you don't understand what it means to just be COURTEOUS. How would YOU feel if that WHOLE situation happened to you or to your wife and kid?? You would hope that someone would have the common decency to at least say I can or cannot help you.....not just bail out WITHOUT UTTERING ONE SINGLE WORD!!! Oh, one more thing....pray that if you ever pick up this person and you "happen to have car trouble"......need I say more!

Posted By: krr
Date Posted: 01 Oct 2003 at 4:11pm
You're making too big of deal of the whole thing. Move on. Suck it up and forget about it. The point of some of the others was to let it go. Some things you can do nothing about. Recognize that and stop already with the courteous stuff your parents should teach you. This is the real world. You can't control others.

Posted By: joyzgirl
Date Posted: 06 Oct 2003 at 3:49pm
You're right Krr re: can't control others. However, I'm not making a big thing out of it and I have moved on. I just wanted those who "had such a negative" opinon about CBlue and her feelings, to know the whole story. The end result is the guy is a jerk. So don't sound so harsh about it (i.e. move on, suck it up, forget). You sound annoyed!!!!! And thank GOD my parents did teach me how to be courteous or else my response may have gone a different way.

Posted By: Tilmer
Date Posted: 06 Oct 2003 at 4:32pm
Oh. puleez. If krr isn't annoyed, I for one am. Give it up.

quote:
Originally posted by joyzgirl
[br]You're right Krr re: can't control others. However, I'm not making a big thing out of it and I have moved on. I just wanted those who "had such a negative" opinon about CBlue and her feelings, to know the whole story. The end result is the guy is a jerk. So don't sound so harsh about it (i.e. move on, suck it up, forget). You sound annoyed!!!!! And thank GOD my parents did teach me how to be courteous or else my response may have gone a different way.

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.10 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2017 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net