Print Page | Close Window

New slugger from Stafford to DC

Printed From: Slug-Lines.com
Category: General Slugging Questions and Comments
Forum Name: General Slugging Topics
Forum Description: This is the area for all general slugging comments. To add a comment simply create a new topic or see FAQ for detailed information on how to post comments.
URL: http://www.slug-lines.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=6247
Printed Date: 26 Apr 2024 at 10:11am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 11.10 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: New slugger from Stafford to DC
Posted By: jneigh
Subject: New slugger from Stafford to DC
Date Posted: 30 Nov 2016 at 4:18pm
I've been commuting to DC for 3 years now via VRE and car (and I spend 3 hours each day in commuting). I've never slugged but I would like to see if I can. I live in Stafford (630) and need to get to McPherson Square, so I guess my points would be from Rt. 610 to NY Ave & 14th st. The issue is that I work for a private firm and these guys like to work until 6pm. [V]

If I can manage to get off at 5PM or round about that time, would slugging home still be possible for me? I am not taking the VRE in December so this would be a great time to give it a shot. If you have a similar route and can help me get acclimated to the routine, please let me know because I need all the help I can get!

~Joseph Neigh
"Do not withhold good from those to whom it is due, when it is in your power to do it." -Proverbs 3:27

Replies:
Posted By: KeithO
Date Posted: 01 Dec 2016 at 7:40am
Joe
If you have a E-ZPass Flex I suggest that you drive a few times and pick up slugs to get use to the routine. You can talk to them about the morning & afternoon routines - what are the good slug times, parking lot fill up, dropoff points, pickup points & times, etc.
December can be a little more tricky because of vacations & reduced work days. I think Stafford (Mine Road) serves Downtown DC.

KeithO

Posted By: mklein
Date Posted: 20 Dec 2016 at 5:50pm
quote:
Originally posted by jneigh

I've been commuting to DC for 3 years now via VRE and car (and I spend 3 hours each day in commuting). I've never slugged but I would like to see if I can. I live in Stafford (630) and need to get to McPherson Square, so I guess my points would be from Rt. 610 to NY Ave & 14th st. The issue is that I work for a private firm and these guys like to work until 6pm. [V]

If I can manage to get off at 5PM or round about that time, would slugging home still be possible for me? I am not taking the VRE in December so this would be a great time to give it a shot. If you have a similar route and can help me get acclimated to the routine, please let me know because I need all the help I can get!

~Joseph Neigh
"Do not withhold good from those to whom it is due, when it is in your power to do it." -Proverbs 3:27

Posted By: mklein
Date Posted: 20 Dec 2016 at 5:53pm
You may have already discovered this, but if you leave DC after 6:00, your best bet for slugging is to go to the Pentagon. You can usually get a ride there between 6:30 and 6:45 - If you can leave at 5:00, you should be OK slugging from DC...Originally posted by mklein

quote:
Originally posted by jneigh

~Joseph Neigh

Posted By: mjmcnulty
Date Posted: 21 Dec 2016 at 7:40am
If after 6 pm you can still go to the Pentagon and get a ride to almost anywhere. There is a line by the entrance to HOV, by the bus stop. It's called the pity line. Make a sign for 610. Stand there in the evenings and hold up the sign, you will get a ride at some point. I picked up a rider there one Friday evening at 10pm, he said he normally only waits about 15 minutes when he's that late. But I would still check the 610 lines at the normal location first.

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.10 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2017 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net