Print Page | Close Window

Springfield slugline question

Printed From: Slug-Lines.com
Category: General Slugging Questions and Comments
Forum Name: General Slugging Topics
Forum Description: This is the area for all general slugging comments. To add a comment simply create a new topic or see FAQ for detailed information on how to post comments.
URL: http://www.slug-lines.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=6396
Printed Date: 24 Apr 2024 at 4:58pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 11.10 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Springfield slugline question
Posted By: watawata
Subject: Springfield slugline question
Date Posted: 13 Sep 2017 at 9:53pm
Hello, brand new slug (rider) here. On this website, Bob's (Springfield) does not list Pentagon as the destination. Is there not a line for Pentagon in the morning from Bob's (or afternoon from Pentagon to Bob's)?

Also, which Springfield location (e.g. Daventry, Bob's, Don's, Rolling Valley etc.) may have better chance of finding a driver to & from Pentagon? I used Daventry in the morning, and for coming back in the afternoon, the driver who was going to Rolling Valley was nice enough to drop me off near Daventry (Bernadette church on Old Keene Mill Rd, about 0.1-0.2 mile walk to my car).

Thank you in advance.

Replies:
Posted By: scottt
Date Posted: 14 Sep 2017 at 9:28am
Correct, Bob's does not go to the Pentagon in the morning.  What time in the morning are you looking for?  There is Sydenstricker, but it fills up fast.

Date Posted: 14 Sep 2017 at 12:26pm
Originally posted by scottt scottt wrote:

Correct, Bob's does not go to the Pentagon in the morning.  What time in the morning are you looking for?  There is Sydenstricker, but it fills up fast.

Thank you for clarifying Bob's (no Pentagon) Smile  I usually get to Daventry slug line around 6:40am.

Date Posted: 15 Sep 2017 at 9:14am
At that time, you should be fine if you'd like to go to Sydenstricker.

Date Posted: 15 Sep 2017 at 6:40pm

At that time, you should be fine if you'd like to go to Sydenstricker.

Thank you, I'll explore more locations in Springfield including Sydenstricker :-)

Posted By: Fangio10
Date Posted: 05 Oct 2017 at 9:03pm
Hi,

Can someone tell me where does the line to Bob's forms at the Pentagon in the afternoon? Went to the sign Springfield/Burke and the people I talked to didn't know. Thanks in advance.

Date Posted: 06 Oct 2017 at 8:18am
There isn't a Bob's line at the Pentagon.  It's Sydenstricker and Rolling Valley.

Date Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 6:40pm

There isn't a Bob's line at the Pentagon.  It's Sydenstricker and Rolling Valley.

That's my understanding, too. So far, Sydenstricker seems to be more popular over Rolling Valley. I've been fortunate to find drivers willing to drop me off for Daventry (usually at St. Bernadette church parking lot on right side of Old Keene Mill Rd).

Posted By: ca11meren
Date Posted: 18 Oct 2017 at 11:02pm
I'm confused, why does the website say that Bob's is one of the destinations from the Pentagon? I'm a driver and would like to pick up slugs from the Pentagon to Bob's.

Date Posted: 20 Oct 2017 at 2:21pm
Needs to be fixed then.

Date Posted: 12 Dec 2017 at 9:08pm
I have a few more questions...

When the driver says "North Pentagon," in the morning (assuming not the normal Pentagon drop off location), does anyone know where it is? I've seen a couple of drivers going to North Pentagon from Sydenstricker.

Also, for Fairfax Connector, Rt 395 (express bus from Pentagon to Gambrill), from which bus station # at Pentagon does it depart? (not the same as 18H (U1)? I can't seem to be able to find the answer on their website.) ---> Edit: I think I found the answer; I think it's L7 for Bus 395.

Thank you.   

Posted By: KeithO
Date Posted: 13 Dec 2017 at 7:54am
For Pentagon North Parking - It means that the driver is going to the parking area on the north side of the building. You are correct, he is not going to drop you off at the normal slug drop off location. For people working inside the building this is no big deal, but if you are slugging to the Pentagon to get to metro or the busses then you are going to have a very long & difficult walk

Date Posted: 13 Dec 2017 at 2:13pm
Thank you so much for explaining. Yes, I have to take a bus from Pentagon, so I would have to ride with normal Pentagon drop-off.

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.10 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2017 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net