Print Page | Close Window

A Thief among Us!!!!

Printed From: Slug-Lines.com
Category: General Slugging Questions and Comments
Forum Name: General Slugging Topics
Forum Description: This is the area for all general slugging comments. To add a comment simply create a new topic or see FAQ for detailed information on how to post comments.
URL: http://www.slug-lines.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=648
Printed Date: 11 May 2024 at 6:25pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 11.10 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: A Thief among Us!!!!
Posted By: Mrs.KLB
Subject: A Thief among Us!!!!
Date Posted: 20 Oct 2003 at 9:00am
[}:)] One of my co-worker picked up two ladies at 14th & NY between 5 & 5:15 about one week ago, on a Friday afternoon,they proceeded to Horner Road, the ladies got out.When she got home she went to get something out of her purse and noticed that her wallet was wide open and that several of her credit cards where missing, she immediately called to try and have a stop put on her cards. The person had charged several hundred dollars at Walmart, and various other store, oh and stopped to gas up while she was on her heist. I now keep my purse in the trunk of my car, it is a shame that you have to have your things on look down in your own vehicle, every one please beware. My co-worker said that she remembers the woman being a black female, well dressed, late 30's early 40's.

Mrs. B

Replies:
Posted By: JiggaJynx
Date Posted: 20 Oct 2003 at 9:18am
quote:
Originally posted by Mrs.KLB
[br][}:)] One of my co-worker picked up two ladies at 14th & NY between 5 & 5:15 about one week ago, on a Friday afternoon,they proceeded to Horner Road, the ladies got out.When she got home she went to get something out of her purse and noticed that her wallet was wide open and that several of her credit cards where missing....

That IS a shame! Ever since the posting about the wallet theft at Tackett's, I have kept my purse next to me with the seatbelt looped through the strap, or have put it in the trunk. I hope your co-worker called the police and is prepared to press charges if an arrest is made.

Posted By: vabigblue
Date Posted: 20 Oct 2003 at 10:41am
That's too bad. I mean we all are doing each other favors, then someone comes along with a degenerate attitude and makes it bad for sluggers and drivers alike. Try to remember to safeguard your belongings either belted to your side or in the trunk. I will certainly be on the look out for the described culprit.

Posted By: earlyriser
Date Posted: 21 Oct 2003 at 4:17pm
On days when I'm the driver I always stash my personal belongings in the trunk before leaving the house. When I'm a rider it makes me uncomfortable to ride in someone's back seat and have their purse or bag at my feet, many times open. It's just not smart to tempt people. Maybe people with minivans can put their personal bags behind the last seat in back where no one will see them. Better safe than sorry.

earlyriser

Posted By: VA_Slugger
Date Posted: 22 Oct 2003 at 3:48am
These individuals will surely get what they deserve. Maybe not today or tomorrow, but they truley will get theirs.

Waiting patiently...

Posted By: tlschau
Date Posted: 22 Oct 2003 at 10:44am
quote:
Originally posted by earlyriser
[br]On days when I'm the driver I always stash my personal belongings in the trunk before leaving the house. When I'm a rider it makes me uncomfortable to ride in someone's back seat and have their purse or bag at my feet, many times open. It's just not smart to tempt people. Maybe people with minivans can put their personal bags behind the last seat in back where no one will see them. Better safe than sorry.

earlyriser

I agree, I cannot count how many times I'll be riding in the back seat and look over to see a purse, or other bag, just laying there wide open. It's a shame that people can't be trusted, but that, unfortunately, is the world we live in. So to all the drivers out there, if it's of value, lock it up.

Posted By: viper
Date Posted: 23 Oct 2003 at 12:13pm
Mrs. KLB,
Did your co-worker report this to the police?[?] Can you provide a more complete description?
Thanks,
Viper

Posted By: GeeseAreGood
Date Posted: 25 Oct 2003 at 1:24pm
Nazi administrator deleted my username, now I am n/a, but it would not let me sign in under that. This is war.

Posted By: C. Lam
Date Posted: 26 Oct 2003 at 5:21pm
n/a I disagree.
Of course it is the driver's fault that something was stolen.
That person should have kept better guard of her private possesions.

Posted By: mirangus
Date Posted: 27 Oct 2003 at 7:09am
So the victim is to blame?? Wow...isn't that rich...

quote:
Originally posted by C. Lam
[br]n/a I disagree.
Of course it is the driver's fault that something was stolen.
That person should have kept better guard of her private possesions.

Date Posted: 27 Oct 2003 at 11:47pm
No, I'm not blaming the victim .. just saying that if she was more cautious she would have not been a victim. You can never be too sure of what or who you will pick up these days. Better safe then sorry :(

Posted By: mirangus
Date Posted: 28 Oct 2003 at 10:34am
I could see that to a point. Say I left my purse at a store in the mall and it got ripped off. That is completely my fault because I was irresponsible and left it somewhere it shouldn't have been. But to be ripped off in somewhere that is supposed to be one of your most comfortable environments is shocking and tragic and thoroughly unexpected. I know I have been known to put my stuff in the back seat (before these recent posts) and would be completely taken aback by the theft of any of my property. I have a tendency to give people the benefit of the doubt until I see or hear differently. What a shame to even be having this discussion. [:(]

Date Posted: 28 Oct 2003 at 7:29pm
Just a fact of life. Generally speaking I think 99% of the people are good souls .. it's that other 1% that you have to watch out for.

Posted By: Koolbus
Date Posted: 03 Nov 2003 at 5:21pm
DOn't leave your purse out. Sure it's your car, but the bus driver don't leave his wallet on the back seat, do he?

Take a ride on the Kool Bus.

Posted By: Mrs.KLB
Date Posted: 12 Nov 2003 at 4:48pm
All she remembers is that the person in the back was a black female in late 30's early 40's. I pick up from that location myself and I have been spreading the word, more then likely she has changed her location. But just spread the word![:)]

quote:
Originally posted by viper
[br]Mrs. KLB,
Did your co-worker report this to the police?[?] Can you provide a more complete description?
Thanks,
Viper

Mrs. B

Posted By: Explore64
Date Posted: 20 Nov 2003 at 1:09pm
quote:
[br][}:)] One of my co-worker picked up two ladies at 14th & NY between 5 & 5:15 about one week ago, on a Friday afternoon,they proceeded to Horner Road, the ladies got out.When she got home she went to get something out of her purse and noticed that her wallet was wide open and that several of her credit cards where missing, she immediately called to try and have a stop put on her cards. The person had charged several hundred dollars at Walmart, and various other store, oh and stopped to gas up while she was on her heist. I now keep my purse in the trunk of my car, it is a shame that you have to have your things on look down in your own vehicle, every one please beware. My co-worker said that she remembers the woman being a black female, well dressed, late 30's early 40's.

Mrs. B

[B)]That is so sad, you try and do the right thing for people and this is how they repay you, I hope they get caught.

Posted By: gregory
Date Posted: 26 Nov 2003 at 8:17am
This is a shame and I think it’s sad that you do someone a favor and this is how you get repaid. I agree however, that it is just as much the drivers fault for leaving her purse out. This is no different than leaving your purse at the store, restaurant or out in the open at your cubical. How many times have you heard of valuables being taken from someone’s desk? If you put your hand in the fire, you will get burnt. ALL – Please put your valuables in the trunk or out of site. If you are asking someone to share your ride to allow you to take HOV, please have the additional courtesy of having at least two or three seats empty and available for them to sit in so they are not the ones moving your items out of the way in order to sit. We are all doing each other a favor. We should watch out for each other.

Posted By: Rrohitbomb18
Date Posted: 26 Nov 2003 at 10:34pm
quote:
[br][}:)] One of my co-worker picked up two ladies at 14th & NY between 5 & 5:15 about one week ago, on a Friday afternoon,they proceeded to Horner Road, the ladies got out.When she got home she went to get something out of her purse and noticed that her wallet was wide open and that several of her credit cards where missing, she immediately called to try and have a stop put on her cards. The person had charged several hundred dollars at Walmart, and various other store, oh and stopped to gas up while she was on her heist. I now keep my purse in the trunk of my car, it is a shame that you have to have your things on look down in your own vehicle, every one please beware. My co-worker said that she remembers the woman being a black female, well dressed, late 30's early 40's.

Mrs. B

ohhhh

Posted By: Gomez
Date Posted: 02 Dec 2003 at 7:11am
quote:
Originally posted by gregory
[br]I agree however, that it is just as much the drivers fault for leaving her purse out. This is no different than leaving your purse at the store, restaurant or out in the open at your cubical. How many times have you heard of valuables being taken from someone’s desk? If you put your hand in the fire, you will get burnt

WHAT?! Are you completely mad? How is it the VICTIM's fault? I agree that one should be prudent and not make such opportunities available to potential thieves, but that in NO WAY shifts responsibility for the crime away from the THIEF!

It is NOT "the driver's fault". No way, no how! PERIOD!

Posted By: MarieA
Date Posted: 16 Jan 2004 at 8:34am
Okay, I'm a driver myself, and I find a question, okay, where to put my purse. I never really thought about someone stealing anything. It's cold out, we are all wearing warm winter jackets, sorry, purse wont' fit next to me in my seat. If I put it in the trunk then my license, etc will be there too. So, what to do... I can say this much, I will be putting mine in the trunk, and hey, if there is an accident, or some other reason I need it, please be patient while I get out of the car and get it out of my trunk. And, once it is warm again, it will be back to its spot sitting next to me in the driver's seat.

Date Posted: 20 Jan 2004 at 9:24am
So, where to put your purse?

Rule 2.7.8 states that you may put your purse on one side of the back seat, but advises that your purse should be zipped shut. You should take the wallet out of your purse and place that in the glove compartment. You may also place your purse on the dash above the back seat. You could also put the purse on the driver side floor board, [whine whine whine] I know, it could interfere, however, there is still plenty of room.

quote:
Originally posted by MarieA
[br]I find a question, okay, where to put my purse.

Posted By: gsm
Date Posted: 23 Jan 2004 at 11:48am
The fact is that you have honest people and dishonest people, and if you are SMART, you will NOT create the opportunity for the dishonest people to take advantage of you.

Posted By: Zevida
Date Posted: 28 Jan 2004 at 8:41pm
When I was picking up slugs, I usually placed my purse on the driver's side floor as close to my seat as possible. I have a comparatively small purse, just big enough for a wallet and phone and maybe a small paperback, so not a large handbag.

For something larger, that might interfere with your driver, you might want to put in your trunk and like another person suggested, pull your wallet out and put that in your glove compartment.

Date Posted: 02 Feb 2004 at 1:22pm
Another solution is to put all your valuables in the back seat and put the slugs in the trunk.

quote:
Originally posted by Zevida
[br]
For something larger, that might interfere with your driver, you might want to put in your trunk and like another person suggested, pull your wallet out and put that in your glove compartment.

Posted By: DC2RV
Date Posted: 02 Feb 2004 at 6:28pm
Or strap them to the roof...

that way you can have your valuables wherever you like.

Posted By: DC2RV
Date Posted: 02 Feb 2004 at 6:34pm
Or better yet, put two rockers up on the roof. The slugs can ride like Aunt Edna on Clark Griswold's Wagon Queen Family Truckster...

Posted By: SJS
Date Posted: 03 Feb 2004 at 10:41am
There are a few rotten apples in every barrel. Please don't think or treat us all like we are thieves. Most slugs are grateful for the ride and would never think of stealing from drivers or other slugs.
[:(]

Posted By: fastdriver
Date Posted: 19 Feb 2004 at 8:42am
I recommend that your friend go to the 14th & NY line for a day or so and see if she can see this person again. If the thief knew about the line, she probably uses it often. I wouldn't recommend confronting her, but maybe your friend could take a picture of her and post it for us to see and for the police. Then if someone picks her up again and recognizes her, they can get her license number when she gets in her car. The other thing is, if your friend has contacted the police, the woman has probably been identified. I know that WalMart video records and may have her on tape using your friend's card.

I'm so sorry this happened. [:(]

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.10 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2017 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net