Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Archived Slugging Topics > Hybrids
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedPrius Owners, Please Call the Help Desk

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sluDgE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Prius Owners, Please Call the Help Desk
    Posted: 19 May 2005 at 7:50am
Reuters article on Prius computer glitches:

QUOTE:
DETROIT, May 16 (Reuters) - Toyota Motor Corp. <7203.T> said on Monday it is looking into complaints in the United States that its popular Prius hybrid car suddenly stalled or shut down, often at high speeds on highways.

"We have been alerted to the fact that some owners might have a problem," Toyota spokesman John Hansen told Reuters. "We are going to go back to our service records to find out what owners have had a problem like this and how many."

The U.S. National Highway Traffic Safety Administration said it has received 13 complaints so far of the gas-electric hybrid vehicles stalling or stopping unexpectedly.

Toyota dealers attributed the problems to a software glitch in the car's complex computer system, according to some complaints.

NHTSA spokesman Rae Tyson said the agency is monitoring the complaints but that no formal investigation has been launched.

Toyota has sold 34,225 Prius cars so far this year. There is usually a waiting list to buy the vehicle, which has a gasoline engine with an electric motor to increase fuel efficiency. The Prius gets as much 60 miles per gallon of gasoline. -- END QUOTE

Ain't no luv like slug luv! [:p]
Keep on sluggin'! [:)]
qorc View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote qorc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2005 at 8:06am
hasn't happened to me in my first 10,000 miles
sluDgE View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sluDgE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2005 at 1:25pm
... And now we see the Prius is being looked at by some sort of federal investigation for this software/computer issue? [:0]

Are they the next Corvair? And will Ralph Nader get involved? [;)]

Sure hope they aren't death traps! [B)]

k2 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote k2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2005 at 2:21pm
Wow, 13 out of 60,000 Prius cars had complaints. Not so bad, I think. My Prius has been fine for 38,000 mile in the past 18 months. My non-hybrids have had more problems than my hybrid.
N_or_S_bound View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote N_or_S_bound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2005 at 2:51pm
Toyota makes good cars, hybrid or otherwise!

NoSb

SOV because you can, HOV because you care!
Wagonman View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wagonman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2005 at 2:26pm
quote:
Originally posted by N_or_S_bound
[br]Toyota makes good cars, hybrid or otherwise!

NoSb

SOV because you can, HOV because you care!

Yeah, except for that whole engine sludge problem they are having.
sluDgE View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sluDgE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2005 at 2:51pm
A sludge problem???... I resemble that remark! [:p]

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic