Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Reminded the Hard Way...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
koakui View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koakui Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2005 at 4:03pm
So they weren't planning to go to 21st at all but rather diverted?
mommyslug View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mommyslug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2005 at 3:24pm
Just wanted to remind you to ASK which route a person is going to take if they only give a destination. Don't ASSUME anything. This morning I got a ride from a couple that said "21st and K" -- I wondered why they didn't say 20th and K, but figured they just made a mistake since 21st goes DOWN and 20th goes UP. I made a comment that that would be great given the weather and that I work at 20th and Penn and that I had passed the car up in front of them because they were going to 18th and I didn't want to walk over 2 blocks in the blowing wind and rain if I didn't have to. When we got to DC, she went up 23rd. I jumped out at the last minute over by Foggy Bottom and mentioned that they should indicate that they are going up 23rd...since most people either go up 20th or 18th. The husband so rudely told me that I should be thankful that I even GOT a ride. Yes, I was glad to get a ride, but not to where I was not going!! When I told him yes, but this slugging is a two way street and he didn't need to be rude, he told me that I was the one being rude. And then he told me to SHUT the door! WHAT!!?? Now, who was being even RUDER! UGH! Not a way to start the day.

Happy Slugging!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic