Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Rut roh! Ticketing at Mine Rd Stafford

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mycroftt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rut roh! Ticketing at Mine Rd Stafford
    Posted: 15 Feb 2011 at 8:15am
I saw a bunch of "creatively" parked cars ticketed yesterday at Mine Rd. I hope this is not an indication of things to come. Parking is already squeezed upstream with the reduction of capacity the Potomac Mills lot so that option is drying up and VRE is getting closer and closer to its capacity. The situation doesn't seem to be improving.
swannaws View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swannaws Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2011 at 12:14pm
are they ticketing cars parked on the grass or just the cars in the marked "no parking" areas?
Checkers View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Checkers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2011 at 6:28pm
Back in the day unless curbs were painted yellow, curbs were legal. What happened?
swannaws View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swannaws Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2011 at 9:14am
They painted them yellow! [:D]

People still park there.
Pele View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pele Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2011 at 9:38am
There are a couple curbs at Horner Road that people park on that are not painted... They've gotten tickets for it too, myself included. I think the county does this for revenue.

-------------------------
Times to beat:
Horner Rd to/from Pentagon: 12 mins Without Slugs - 17 mins With slugs
Dale City exit to/from 3rd St Tunnel, D.C. 18 mins (No slugs - Holiday)
mpatoka View Drop Down
Junior Slug
Junior Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mpatoka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2011 at 11:44am
It appears that people parking at Horner are very well conditioned to only park in authorized spaces. I tried parking there once a couple years ago when it was full with cars circling everywhere looking for a spot. No one would dare park in any yellow striped area even though they could've fit a lot more cars there if they did.

Come down to 610 once and there is zero parking enforcement. Cars are literally parked in the travel lanes which block access and inhibit the turns the busses have to make. Yes, they make revenue off the tickets but in many cases it needs to be done to ensure public safety. I'm honestly surprised there aren't more cars that have been clipped or damaged for parking like they do.
route View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote route Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2011 at 7:00am
good..those people block the lanes when they park on the curbs.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic