Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Slug Etiquette

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2003 at 12:23pm
I'm with ya! Thing is about starting rumors, for some reason every conversation I have been held captive (in the car) listening to is inane and of the babbling "nothings" sort. Nothing to start a rumor about unless we wanted to take extreme liberties. Standard phone user lines: "So, what are you doing?" or "So, what's for dinner?" Being stuck in a car or in line with these people who go on and on really is a form of torture, you know. I think I've actually developed a tick!!!

quote:
Originally posted by Arbo
[br]Actually, per "Slugging Etiquette" (http://www.slug-lines.com/Slugging/Etiquette.asp), the very first rule is "Slugs do not talk". To me, this includes on cell phones. Yes, I know there are exceptions, but none of the exceptions lists cell phones.

Ref the Dear Abby article: I had to laugh when I was reading it [:)]. Cell phone users must think they're invisible and have a "cone of silence" around them (esp those that, for some unknown reason, shout in to their phones). But then again, I sometimes enjoy listening in on "private" conversations while riding in someone's car[}:)]. Just think of all the rumors we could start based on one end of those conversations we are forced to listen to [}:)][}:)][}:)]

VA_Slugger View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VA_Slugger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2003 at 3:03pm
Hey all, try this, it worked for me one day while waiting for a plane. As I was standing in line waiting to board the aircraft, a gentleman answered his phone and began to chat with what sounded like a "friend". I guess he had to continuously turn around and chat in my direction in order to keep a clear connection. Due to how loud he had his phone set, I could actually hear the person on the other end. I guess he started getting a little nervous and upset when I started looking him dead in the face and making little head gestures based on what I was hearing from the phone. It wasn't long before he started speaking very softly, and even trying to cover the mouth peice so I could not hear what he was saying any more. Again, it worked for me and a few people who witnessed it told me they would try it if they were ever in that situation. Needless to say, I had a great laugh on my way home!
JiggaJynx View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JiggaJynx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2003 at 8:59am
quote:
Originally posted by VA_Slugger
[br]Hey all, try this, it worked for me one day while waiting for a plane. As I was standing in line waiting to board the aircraft, a gentleman answered his phone and began to chat with what sounded like a "friend". I guess he had to continuously turn around and chat in my direction in order to keep a clear connection. Due to how loud he had his phone set, I could actually hear the person on the other end. I guess he started getting a little nervous and upset when I started looking him dead in the face and making little head gestures based on what I was hearing from the phone. It wasn't long before he started speaking very softly, and even trying to cover the mouth peice so I could not hear what he was saying any more. Again, it worked for me and a few people who witnessed it told me they would try it if they were ever in that situation. Needless to say, I had a great laugh on my way home!

Ha, ha, love it! Now that you mention it, I use a similar tactic to get my teenage stepdaughter to turn down her music when it's so loud I can hear it from her earphones. I start "groovin'" in rhythm to the tune, and, being mortally embarrassed by anything adult, she turns down the volume without a word. [:D]
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic