Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Slug mentality

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TROLL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2006 at 3:31pm
That's dumn! Why build a supposedly enviroment safe car and battery that only last 10 years? Seems like they would have extra batteries to offer as a replacement. Guess it's all about the money.
SillyBilly View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SillyBilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2006 at 3:32pm
what ever happen to the solar powered car?
getmehome pweeze View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote getmehome pweeze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2006 at 3:35pm
I heard it was actually dangerous to have to work on a hybrid because of the battery placement and such.

:'}
TROLL View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TROLL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2006 at 3:59pm
Ok, so for ten years we just let them wear out? The heck are these designers thinking?
tangelo53 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tangelo53 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2006 at 10:06am
quote:
Originally posted by raymond
[br] Hybrids are a farse!

Definitely could be a farse...I copied this from consumer reports website:

Hybrid owners haven't been exempt from feeling this pinch either. In our testing, we fell way short of EPA estimates of 60 mpg city and 51 mpg highway. Our Prius managed only 35 mpg in the city and 50 mpg on the highway, with an average of 44 mpg overall.
Many owners of hybrid vehicles, such as this Toyota Prius, have complained because they are unable to achieve the same fuel economy reported by the EPA.

NoSUV View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NoSUV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2006 at 10:26am
quote:
Originally posted by tangelo53
[br]
quote:
Originally posted by raymond
[br] Hybrids are a farse!

Definitely could be a farse...I copied this from consumer reports website:

Hybrid owners haven't been exempt from feeling this pinch either. In our testing, we fell way short of EPA estimates of 60 mpg city and 51 mpg highway. Our Prius managed only 35 mpg in the city and 50 mpg on the highway, with an average of 44 mpg overall.
Many owners of hybrid vehicles, such as this Toyota Prius, have complained because they are unable to achieve the same fuel economy reported by the EPA.

Poor argument - I've purchased several cars in the past and NONE have ever achieved the EPA fuel economy. Are you saying that your car does?
TROLL View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TROLL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2006 at 11:58am
Is there such a car that has ever reached 50 mpg?
122582 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 122582 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2006 at 8:31am
I owned a 2001 Chevy Metro, which got 51 MPG on the Highway (in excess of it's EPA rating). I had a friend way back in High School who had a diesel Rabbit, which got over 50 MPG.

All of my current cars get about what the EPA says.

Keep slugging alive - tip your driver today!
N_or_S_bound View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote N_or_S_bound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2006 at 10:27am
VW Jetta with TDI engine gets 50mpg on diesel. Now if they'd just distribute biodiesel in sufficient quantity we could reduce emissions and transition to a susainable energy source WHILE decreasing our dependence on foreign oil. Seems that isn't going to be the case though.

Oh, VW TDI doesn't qualify for CF plates either.

Rode in a Jetta this week. And rode in a Prius for the first time yesterday (he didn't have CF plates, so picked up slugs). Jetta--nicer ride, more legroom, lots of headroom. Prius--legroom adequate, headroom lacking for a 6' tall person.

Prius computer also showed 44 mpg average. It was a brand new Prius too. Engines typically get better gas mileage if they're properly maintained and after their break-in period. By the time hybrids are getting broken in, they're breaking themselves.

NoSb

SOV because you can, HOV because you care!
tangelo53 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tangelo53 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2006 at 10:54am
Poor argument - I've purchased several cars in the past and NONE have ever achieved the EPA fuel economy. Are you saying that your car does?

Poor argument, whatever!! My car doesn't get 100% what EPA states, but atleast it is close! This article stated that the Hybrid should get 60 mpg city and it only got 35mpg!!! Come on-- that is only 59%!! Quite a discrepancy! Sounds like a sales pitch to me!! Batter up!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic