Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Some more slug questions from your friends at IU
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Some more slug questions from your friends at IU

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
sluDgE View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sluDgE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2006 at 5:59am
hank,
Since I am now always either a driver or am riding with a driver in our permanent carpool when we need to pick up a slug to put 3 in the car, we rely on the trustworthiness of the slugs we pick up. In 20-plus years of participating in the NoVa slug system, we've never had an untrustworthy slug. They are just working stiffs just like us who need a ride to & from work.

It seems odd to me that you are asking a question on trustworthiness. From my experience, I don't think it's a major slugging issue. I view the major issues as HOV lane congestion and violators, ample parking, and balanced supply/demand of slugs and drivers at various slug lines. Your question implies there are a lot of untrustworthy slugs and drivers, and I don't think that's the case.
hank View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2006 at 11:29pm
Which is more important information to you:
a.) The trustworthiness of the driver
b.) The trustworthiness of the sluggers you ride with
c.) Both are equally important

Why did you pick that answer?

If a system based on previous feedback could deem a driver or a rider untrustworthy, and notify you before you got in the car or picked up a slugger, would you listen to the system?

If a system assigned trust ratings to sluggers, which characteristic would be more important in that rating? Trustworthiness based on feedback or how long the person has been slugging?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic