Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

This morning at Potomac Mills...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2ndsunshine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: This morning at Potomac Mills...
    Posted: 14 Feb 2011 at 10:13am
I'd like to get an idea of what people actually did this morning. I went by Potomac Mills to pick up slugs at about 7:30 for Lefant. LONG, LONG line of cars waiting, no walkers only people getting dropped off. Surprisingly NO Pentagon line (HUA for them I guess?) Waited for about 20 minutes, decided to go to Dale City/Gemini to pick up for Pentagon instead. NO SLUGS WAITING (and the lot was only about 30% full). Went back to Potomac Mills, waited and finally got a slug at 8:30. Woodbridge Patch says Pot Mills filled up at 6:30. My question is where did everyone go? Anecdotally I'm hearing Tacketts from a co-worker who slugs out there. Is Pot Mills realistic for 14th/18th/Lefant if it's filling up so early?
annettedeleon View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote annettedeleon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2011 at 11:34am
I was at Potomac Mills this morning at 6:30 am and there was no parking at all. I had to go back home and ask my son to drop me off. I returned and there were about 3 or 4 cars in the 14th/18th street line. The Crystal City/Rosslyn line had several cars in it. From what I'm reading people don't want to change and so instead of there being only the one line for 14th/18th street, and parking for those people, everyone is scrambling to get the spots and continuing with the prior lines.

Why couldn't the Mall hold off on this until other lots were secured for parking for us?
2ndsunshine View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2ndsunshine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2011 at 11:46am
@annette the new mall management is not interested in working with the county on this. I attended the meeting last week and that message came across very clear. They didn't even provide the county gov advance notice-they found out when we did- so that ship has sailed. I see a problem here, if 6-7a is the same lines at Pot Mills there's no room for others to park. Hmmm..
gtivr6ps View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gtivr6ps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2011 at 12:03pm
trust me when I say everyone went to Horner Rd instead this morning.
jonb View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2011 at 12:27pm
i was at Potomac at 5:50, parking lot was 1/3 full and there were only 3 of us in line..all for roslyn the slug-lines email about the dale city lot was sitting in my spam box..

someone showed up at 5:55 to pick us up.
cgz View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cgz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2011 at 2:34pm
I went to PM today at around 6:45 and found no parking whatsoever and very long lines of cars for Pentagon & Rosslyn. No slugs whatsoever.

I ended up going over to Horner & luckily got a spot there.
DEM4 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DEM4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2011 at 2:49pm
The real test will come on Tuesday through Thursday mornings, remember a lot of folks are off on Mondays and Fridays, especially Federal workers! So we will see!
Indigenous97 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Indigenous97 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2011 at 3:58pm
Well, the new Pentagon line is now over at Dale City(Where the Farmers Market is on the weekends next to Comcast) However, the line for the Pentagon was slow moving since it's new so I just went to TM and tonight I am going to the Potmac/Horner line and ask for "DaleCity" hope that works??????
Indigenous97 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Indigenous97 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2011 at 3:59pm
quote:
Originally posted by 2ndsunshine

I'd like to get an idea of what people actually did this morning. I went by Potomac Mills to pick up slugs at about 7:30 for Lefant. LONG, LONG line of cars waiting, no walkers only people getting dropped off. Surprisingly NO Pentagon line (HUA for them I guess?) Waited for about 20 minutes, decided to go to Dale City/Gemini to pick up for Pentagon instead. NO SLUGS WAITING (and the lot was only about 30% full). Went back to Potomac Mills, waited and finally got a slug at 8:30. Woodbridge Patch says Pot Mills filled up at 6:30. My question is where did everyone go? Anecdotally I'm hearing Tacketts from a co-worker who slugs out there. Is Pot Mills realistic for 14th/18th/Lefant if it's filling up so early?

The new Pentagon line is over in Dale City!(By Comcast/Farmers market area)
mrstrina View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrstrina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2011 at 4:09pm
I pass by PM on way to drop off my child and at 7:25 there was no availibility. There were a few walkers (from where I couldn't tell you) and there were some cars in DC and CC/Rosslyn line. Drivers won't stay waiting for riders who ain't coming. PM can not sustain slugging for DC destinations--we will have to move and soon!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic