Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Archived Slugging Topics > Hybrids
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedTired of choking on hybrid fumes

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1213141516>
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2006 at 2:41pm
Hi North or South Bound. As you can see, No SuV had a problem with my suggestion.
NoSUV View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NoSUV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2006 at 3:32pm
It still comes down to which is more important: your inconvenience or negatively changing the environment (and the world as we know it). We probably won't live long enough to see the damage we've done - the next generations will have to deal with it. It sort of seems like trying to tell teenagers to stop smoking because of what it will eventually do to them - they don't see it happening to them right then, so it's not a concern.

We have a chance to do the right thing right now. Buying a hybrid is the first major step that everyone can do. Why don't they? raymond can come up with many excuses - just like a teenager smoking - and nearly all of them are errors in fact - also like a smoker.

What will your children or grandchildren say about you when the earth heats up past the point of no return? It wasn't worth the price at the time?
scottt View Drop Down
Senior Slug
Senior Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scottt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2006 at 8:16am
NoSUV,

I'm more than happy to buy a Hybrid. Will you feed and clothe my children?
NoSUV View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NoSUV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2006 at 1:34pm
quote:
Originally posted by scottt
[br]NoSUV,

I'm more than happy to buy a Hybrid. Will you feed and clothe my children?

Sell your computer - you have more than enough money.
darkprime View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darkprime Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2006 at 1:50pm
Selling his computer will only get him $100-300 on average. That can feed his kids for what, 2-6 weeks? But if he sells his computer, it will be harder for him to search for a deal on a hybrid, thus possibly requiring him to spend even more.

Ever think about this: the reason why some people slug is due to the cost? I know some people who slug simply because it's the only transit option they can afford.
NoSUV View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NoSUV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2006 at 3:41pm
If so, they are in the wrong location. Who in their right mind moves someplace where they can't afford to get to their workplace? Oh, a slug.
scottt View Drop Down
Senior Slug
Senior Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scottt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2006 at 9:52am
quote:
Originally posted by NoSUV
[br]If so, they are in the wrong location. Who in their right mind moves someplace where they can't afford to get to their workplace? Oh, a slug.

When I moved here in 2000, my property taxes were about $200 a month. Now they are $400 a month (same house)

Gas was $0.99 a gallon for premium, now it's $2.19 for regular. I paid $0.31 a therm for natural gas, now my bill is $1.36 a therm.

Things have gone up. I no longer have two household incomes, just one.

So, unless you write me a check for $8000.00, my Mazda 6i and I will be quite happy together for another 1.5 years.
NoSUV View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NoSUV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2006 at 4:41pm
scottt - it's certainly about choices. Have you ever asked anyone from the older generation how they survived the Depression? Lots of thing you CAN do but choose not to.

Stop eating out. At $100/week that's over $5K right there! Grow your own vegetables (that lawn isn't doing you any good). Put your kids into the same bedroom and rent out a room.

You don't need my money - you just need to reallocate your own assets. Make some changes and buy a hybrid.
scottt View Drop Down
Senior Slug
Senior Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scottt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2006 at 9:26am
quote:
Originally posted by NoSUV
[br]scottt - it's certainly about choices. Have you ever asked anyone from the older generation how they survived the Depression? Lots of thing you CAN do but choose not to.

Stop eating out. At $100/week that's over $5K right there! Grow your own vegetables (that lawn isn't doing you any good). Put your kids into the same bedroom and rent out a room.

You don't need my money - you just need to reallocate your own assets. Make some changes and buy a hybrid.

We don't eat out, period. Gave that up a long time ago.

Grow our own vegetables would probably save $5 a month. At that rate it would only take me 133 years to save up for the Hybrid.

RENT OUT A ROOM? Do you actually read what you type? Subject my family to a total stranger.

Hate to lower myself to this level, but I'm going to type it. Either cough up the $8,000, or shut up.
NoSUV View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NoSUV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2006 at 10:59am
Ah - so you NEVER spoke to the older generation on surviving the Depression? You are unwilling to make any "sacrifices?" No surprise.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1213141516>
  Share Topic