Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Come on Drivers!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lakeridgegirl73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Come on Drivers!
    Posted: 11 Jan 2006 at 9:21pm
Listen, I am not a bad driver however, if memory serves me...the passing lane is the left Lane, the actual driving lane is the right lane. I have noticed more people just crusing along, in the left lane, doing the speed limit and being passed by people in the right lane. Let's share the lanes. By driving in the left lane, you are holding up the traffic flow. Just move over and let the speeders pass. Who knows, maybe the aggressive drivers might calm down.

Also, it's almost motorcycle season. Motorcycles need to realize that unless they want to be an organ donor, they need to ride responsiblity. Don't tailgate the cars and weave in and out. Be fair.

Happy New Year!
mikester View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2006 at 7:32am
Amen
MDC View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MDC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2006 at 8:34am
While I don't disagree, there are far too many cars in HOV for this to apply.
getmehome pweeze View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote getmehome pweeze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2006 at 8:44am
Not true MDC. I see this every day. Slow to the right, faster to the left. Not a hard concept to understand. The worst is speed blockers... Those of you who find it fun to drive equal speeds with the person in the next lane, so no one can pass-you people suck! YAAhoooo... a newbie with a brain! Welcome Lakeridge!

:'}
122582 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 122582 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2006 at 9:56am
I like to straddle the center line and drive 55 mph, myself. (with the AC or heat off, while playing gangster opera, talking on the cell phone and trimming my toenails)

Keep slugging alive - tip your driver today!
MDC View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MDC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2006 at 11:29am
That's not what I meant. There's too many cars for everyone to drive on the right and only use the left lane for passing.

Of course slower cars should be on the right, and motorcyclists shouldn't be weaving as much as many of them do.
lakeridgegirl73 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lakeridgegirl73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2006 at 11:54am
I have to disagree....I actually saw this happen again this morning. Nobody ahead of this one car and they were actually pacing the person next to them and holding up the flow of traffic. I am sorry but this is what causes people to be agressive. [8D]
Luvmyhybrid View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luvmyhybrid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2006 at 12:18pm
Same rule applies for merging -- at the end of the HOV (southbound) the left lane of the mainlanes are CRAMMED with cars while the middle and far right lanes are flowing (semi) freely. If drivers in the main LEFT lane would move over to the center or right lanes PRIOR to the HOV bottleneck, it would make the merge SO MUCH EASIER. This is not rocket science! I know that once we merge (which at times is a VERY painful process), then we immediately get into the right lane (oh wait, was that an HOV secret?) and buzz home -- while the left lane is still playing psycho-drivers/mergers.

While I'm on it -- same goes for the bottleneck -- be nice when merging -- EVERYONE has to merge, so play by the "zipper rule" (and don't be a jerk and NOT let people in.
Oosik View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oosik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2006 at 1:54pm
Having just moved back to the states from Germany (where drivers are both fast and disciplined), I find it very frustrating to deal with the drivers who treat each and every lane as a fast or slow lane depending on who is in front of them. I hate the "weavers", particularly those who do so suddenly, without signals and often without sufficient room, but some of the slowpokes in the left hand lanes often deserve part of the blame.

As for merging, I fully agree with allowing people to merge but what I don't like is the guy who races up the side of the traffic lane to cut in front of others. That is not legitimate merging and therefore they can be blocked out.

As long as we are talking about gripes, has anyone else noticed all the people who are using their high beam headlights?

Between the slowpokes in the left lane, the pacers, those who wont allow merging, the weavers and the idiot behind you with headlights blazing, it's amazing anyone survives our daily commute. Funny thing is that I am much more disciplined and polite as a slug driver than I am driving by myself -- so yet another virtue of slugging: civility.
N_or_S_bound View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote N_or_S_bound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2006 at 7:23am
Wow, what a way to start a new year! Not time to dub 2006 the "year of the gripe" yet, but we're headed that way.

It all comes down to selfish behavior on peoples' parts. This seems to be especially driven in America where independence overrules cooperation as an idealized personality trait.

Selfless people though are those who are picking up slugs at 5AM when they don't even need to. Gotta love these folks!

NoSb

SOV because you can, HOV because you care!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic