Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Archived Slugging Topics > Hybrids
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedAll electrics are coming

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deanwvu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: All electrics are coming
    Posted: 05 Aug 2008 at 5:13pm
All electric vehicles are coming, hopefully within 2 years. Heck, if I lived in SoCal, I would be getting one in the next 6-12 months.

Who will be getting one? All you hybrid owners gonna trade up?
toomuchcoffeelady View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toomuchcoffeelady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2008 at 1:30pm
You have to check with your riders to make sure it's OK for you to trade in your car...

ain't free speech a wonderful thing, until you don't like the views being stated? - Ceejay2
Deanwvu View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deanwvu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2008 at 1:45pm
Hahaa

My sarcasm detector is pinging away!
toomuchcoffeelady View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toomuchcoffeelady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2008 at 4:44pm
No really, someone started a thread awhile back asking for feedback in "what kind of car is comfortable for slugs to ride in the backseat?"

ain't free speech a wonderful thing, until you don't like the views being stated? - Ceejay2
n/a View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote n/a Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2008 at 9:23am
Where do I sign up to get one?

Now this is a technology I can get behind; they are blazing fast, no pollution, cost only about $1. per charge, and with modern battery tech they can get 2 - 300 miles per charge. Has anyone seen the Tesla? Not a prototype, but a small electric car manufacturer that builds these for today's driver! True, the are only produced in small amounts (for now) and they are about $100,000. each, but mass production will solve both of those problems.

Jody View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2008 at 1:02pm
Years ago, I asked a friend about buying a hybrid and he advised against buying one. He had been following the technology and said auto manufacturers would be building a new hybrid and the older ones would lose their classification as a hybrid. He said the only way owners of older hybrids could keep their classification would be to replace the engine. He said that would be very $$$$.

Deanwvu View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deanwvu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2008 at 9:14am
The Tesla, unfortunately, is a rich man's toy at the moment.

They are coming out with a reasonably priced 4 seater sedan type in the next few years (reasonable is around $40k).

My favorite is this 2 seater:

www.aptera.com

But, it is only available in Southern California, where all new auto tech apparently goes to be born.

This Mitsubishi will be more likely to come to DC:

http://www.mitsubishi-motors.com/special/ev/index.html
NoSUV View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NoSUV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2008 at 3:18pm
quote:
Originally posted by Jody

Years ago, I asked a friend about buying a hybrid and he advised against buying one. He had been following the technology and said auto manufacturers would be building a new hybrid and the older ones would lose their classification as a hybrid. He said the only way owners of older hybrids could keep their classification would be to replace the engine. He said that would be very $$$$.

While you've been waiting, I've logged over 100K miles on my hybrid. Did you see the article about how Mont. County replaced 1/2 of their fleet with hybrids? Stats showed that the hybrids had more miles but used 1/3 the gas for tremendous savings.

If only the US had replaced 1/2 of its "fleet" (all consumer vehicles) with hybrids. Why, we'd have gas back to <$2/gal! Still, there are those who continue to wait. And wait.
Jody View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2008 at 12:20pm
My current car is 10 yrs old and due to commuting in the slug line, it still doesn't have a 100,000 miles on it. I'd say that's excellent mileage and saving wear & tear on my car.
NoSUV View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NoSUV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2008 at 4:51pm
So, are you one of those rider only slugs that there's so much angnst against in the General topic area? One of those that some call selfish?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic